The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron23

So here is my question.....has anybody who did not find their FF2 usable or satisfactory change their view because of improved performance resulting from upgrading the app to include the power boost feature?

To me, it continues to appear to me that a large group of FF2 owners like their vape very much and easily get it to work well. There is also a large group who feel like they were just ripped off and find its function to be very substandard and are pissed off about the whole thing.

What I'm wondering about is if anybody went from one group to the other with the only change being the app update?

Cheers

Baron23,

Sh4dy15

I am not sure if they changed anything else outside of the power tuning but I dont think the update is being overstated at all. I was fuckin ripped last night after 5-6 hits and that never happened before and that was on 3 on Medium and 3 on Medium-High stirring one time. Clouds were substantially bigger as well.

Turned up to 111% and did my normal temp stepping and by 6th hit I was toast. Had that stop motion movement feeling....not sure if anyone will know what I am talking about but thats how I know I am really high.

ArthurJ

I did the upgrade last night and gave it a test run and I am pleased with it.

I had been having an issue with the app synching with the device. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didnt. The device worked, but I wouldnt always be able to raise and lower temp within a session, annoying, a little less fun, but I was still getting results.

This morning I checked to see if it was still synching, even though I wasn't going to use it this morning, and it still synched up fine.

So I think the upgrade has the device doing what it is supposed to, working properly AND the added bonus of the temp adjustment.

So I am quite pleased. It always got me to a good place. Now its more fun to play with!

ArthurJ,

Kermitt

So here is my question.....has anybody who did not find their FF2 usable or satisfactory change their view because of improved performance resulting from upgrading the app to include the power boost feature?

To me, it continues to appear to me that a large group of FF2 owners like their vape very much and easily get it to work well. There is also a large group who feel like they were just ripped off and find its function to be very substandard and are pissed off about the whole thing.

What I'm wondering about is if anybody went from one group to the other with the only change being the app update?

Cheers
Yes me. Till yesterday I wasn't convinced from the FF2. I saw no reason, to use the FF2 instead the Hopper. The update change this. Now I can draw a bit harder and get a better result. Now I'm very happy with the device. It is like a new device to me.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Here's the facts:

Each percentage point in the power adjustment setting equates to around 3 or 4 degrees F. This allows the user to fine tune the temp between temp settings. It also has a wide enough range to change the temp beyond the next set point. So a setting of medium at 111% is probably just above the high setting. Likewise, a medium setting set to -11% will be just below the low setting. The extra headroom makes combustion possible, so be careful at the top end.

The heating profiles are the same, just adjusted for the power settings accordingly.

jim-bob

So is the percentage based on the current power level? Like, Med High at +11% would be 400 + (400x0.11) = 444° F? Or is it something a little more vague?

Apologies if this is covered in the video - I don't understand why they'd bury information there and not in some kind of searchable text.

jim-bob,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was told between 3 and 4 degrees, and your observation makes sense. It's probably around 3 degrees on the lower end but up to 4 on the higher end. Not certain about that, though.

stickstones,

shiner25

Unapproved commercial account.
Hi, i am trying to decide between buying the firefly 2 vs arizer air. Anyone care to comment which is the better one? And if you live in Canada did you get it direct from firefly 2 or from a store in ontario?

shiner25,

Mr. Me2

Hi, i am trying to decide between buying the firefly 2 vs arizer air. Anyone care to comment which is the better one? And if you live in Canada did you get it direct from firefly 2 or from a store in ontario?
Welcome @shiner25 !

I don't have either, but of course I have an opinion...

Actually, I think those with experience with both will ask similar questions. Have you vaped before? What is your vaping style? What is most important to you in a vape?

These 2 vapes are very different; one is convection, the other conduction. And both have many fans.

Have you read/watched Buzz Danklin's reviews of these vapes on vaporizerwizard.com? I highly recommend it. He may answer all of your questions.

And I would reach out to Puffitup before you buy. Best prices and unbelievable service. Make sure you tell them you're from fc to get the fc discount. Not sure how that works with shipping to Canada, though.

Keep us posted on your decision!

Mr. Me2,

vape4fun

Yeah I'm still not sure the benefit of medium power boost being different to high regular but I did do the high power boost on what was a spent bowl I had in the fly and got about 4 more nice hits with clouds and without full 30 second inhale. Also no charring at all which was cool. Tonight will be away from family so real testing will take place.

The experiment that remains is doing a medium plus power boost vs high no power boost and compare cloud production to determine if there is any difference.

vape4fun,

SleeperCell6619

Yeah I'm still not sure the benefit of medium power boost being different to high regular but I did do the high power boost on what was a spent bowl I had in the fly and got about 4 more nice hits with clouds and without full 30 second inhale. Also no charring at all which was cool. Tonight will be away from family so real testing will take place.

The experiment that remains is doing a medium plus power boost vs high no power boost and compare cloud production to determine if there is any difference.
Hi New to this forum... Been a vapper since 2014... just ordered my first FF2.. Should be arriving tomorrow. How excited should I be?

SleeperCell6619,

Reggie Watts

Has anyone else had issues getting the Bluetooth on their phone to connect to the Firefly 2 after the update? I can see the Firefly 2 in the local Bluetooth devices with my phone, but I can't get the vape to show up in the Firefly app. I haven't had any issues getting my vape to connect to the app up to this point. I have a Galaxy S6 for reference.
I also have the GS6, and I had to turn on location data to get connected. However, after that first time, I no longer have to do that.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I was told between 3 and 4 degrees, and your observation makes sense. It's probably around 3 degrees on the lower end but up to 4 on the higher end. Not certain about that, though.

I am not complaining about any new features. The more the merrier.

However would it not be easier to just be able to select an exact temperature from the app? Degree by degree just like the crafty?

Ratklaw

I played around with power tuning last night. High +11% was too hot for my taste but I loved the results at Med-high +11%. It seemed incredibly flavorful and also very productive in terms of clouds. I need to do some more testing to see how much I think Med-high +11% differs from the normal High setting, which I've been mostly using.

I think it would be great to get some clarity from the FF folks about whether the power tuning feature alters more than sinply temperatute. This recent tweet refers to power AND temperature implying that there may be more to the feature than a simple temperature adjustment. Or it could just be that more power equals higher temperatures, and therefore, more clouds.

https://twitter.com/fireflyvapor/status/773989698259787776

Ratklaw,
Did the update fix the weird little "sleep mode" thing where if you pressed the buttons even an hour or so after your previous session the light would be solid green, and then if you let go and repressed it would flash until it reaches temp (as one would assume it should behave)?

Last edited:
doomsdalicious,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Did the update fix the weird little "sleep mode" thing where if you pressed the buttons even an hour or so after your previous session the light would be solid green, and then if you let go and repressed it would flash until it reaches temp (as one would assume it should behave)?
As far as I know, yes. Not sure it was explicitly mentioned in any documentation but I've been using the new app for a month or so and haven't seen the "sleep bug" yet. (They had said it would be fixed prior to this release but I haven't seen official confirmation.)

. Or it could just be that more power equals higher temperatures, and therefore, more clouds.
I believe that's the case. The only real output of "more power" would be "more heat". And to generate more heat, more power is definitely required.

Likewise, a medium setting set to -11% will be just below the low setting. The extra headroom makes combustion possible, so be careful at the top end.
You can most definitely combust using High plus 11....I have done it myself a couple times.

shiner25

Welcome @shiner25 !

I don't have either, but of course I have an opinion...

Actually, I think those with experience with both will ask similar questions. Have you vaped before? What is your vaping style? What is most important to you in a vape?

These 2 vapes are very different; one is convection, the other conduction. And both have many fans.

Have you read/watched Buzz Danklin's reviews of these vapes on vaporizerwizard.com? I highly recommend it. He may answer all of your questions.

And I would reach out to Puffitup before you buy. Best prices and unbelievable service. Make sure you tell them you're from fc to get the fc discount. Not sure how that works with shipping to Canada, though.

Keep us posted on your decision!

Hi, thanks for replying.

I have gone through lots of reviews both in video and articles.

Here's what i have been able to conclude

Most of all I love the Arizer Air 2 price. It's very affordable and its made in the same country I am from ( canada )
I love that the Arizer has a cheaper battery ( $18 compared to $29 by firefly) not sure though if that matters as i would have to compare life of each.
I don't like the fact that herb can go through the small holes or the way you have to pack it.
I don't like that it uses buttons instead of touch pads. ( buttons can go over time )
I don't like the look of it.

However, I really love the reviews that the Firefly 2 is getting
I really love the fact you can do both dry herb and concentrates on this one while the Arizer Air you can't.
I love that this completely contains the smell ( i need to be discrete even though i will have my med license )
I love that this heats up faster
I love that it uses glass and metal and works with a ipod touch ( almost seems as if it was made for the new generation of apple users )
I love that there aren't buttons but touch pads
I love that you can get 15 to 20 second draws ( not sure what Arizer can get )
I don't like the price ( these dudes need to drop it at least to $299 ( above that is just a money grab )
I love the look of it.
I dont like the battery price

When it comes to being portable both seem fine as they both fit in a pocket. But i won't be really going out but i love the option of being able to go out if need be. ( I would love a volcano but way too expensive and not discrete)

shiner25,

Mr. Me2

Hi, thanks for replying.

I have gone through lots of reviews both in video and articles.

Here's what i have been able to conclude

Most of all I love the Arizer Air 2 price. It's very affordable and its made in the same country I am from ( canada )
I love that the Arizer has a cheaper battery ( $18 compared to $29 by firefly) not sure though if that matters as i would have to compare life of each.
I don't like the fact that herb can go through the small holes or the way you have to pack it.
I don't like that it uses buttons instead of touch pads. ( buttons can go over time )
I don't like the look of it.

However, I really love the reviews that the Firefly 2 is getting
I really love the fact you can do both dry herb and concentrates on this one while the Arizer Air you can't.
I love that this completely contains the smell ( i need to be discrete even though i will have my med license )
I love that this heats up faster
I love that it uses glass and metal and works with a ipod touch ( almost seems as if it was made for the new generation of apple users )
I love that there aren't buttons but touch pads
I love that you can get 15 to 20 second draws ( not sure what Arizer can get )
I don't like the price ( these dudes need to drop it at least to $299 ( above that is just a money grab )
I love the look of it.
I dont like the battery price

When it comes to being portable both seem fine as they both fit in a pocket. But i won't be really going out but i love the option of being able to go out if need be. ( I would love a volcano but way too expensive and not discrete)
Will this be your first vape?

Mr. Me2,

kcmochris

You can most definitely combust using High plus 11....I have done it myself a couple times.

I've found this to be true as well. Like you said, just gotta regulate your draw speed and length. This thing really can be fine-tuned. With app-to-firmware updates, the FF2 has great potential.

Additionally, I have no reservations or comments about them using the term "power" for what they are "tuning." :) Like @stickstones is saying: use at your discretion regarding the % per degree increase/decrease.

kcmochris,
Reactions: mitchgo61

sixstringsmash

So I walked into my local head shop today looking to buy a can of butane for my torches and lo and behold, I see the last FF2 in stock. It was red. It was pretty. The impulsive vaper in me immediately purchased it without a second thought and here I am now sitting at my computer with this beautfiul vaporizer in my hands. Right now I'm playing around with the temperatures and am really liking the flavor on medium so far. Probably going to try to crank it up to medium high soon and see where that puts me.

shiner25

So I walked into my local head shop today looking to buy a can of butane for my torches and lo and behold, I see the last FF2 in stock. It was red. It was pretty. The impulsive vaper in me immediately purchased it without a second thought and here I am now sitting at my computer with this beautfiul vaporizer in my hands. Right now I'm playing around with the temperatures and am really liking the flavor on medium so far. Probably going to try to crank it up to medium high soon and see where that puts me.
Cool shit let us know how you like it. I am considering it right now

....I believe that most of the problems folks are experiencing is related to the "draw"...people want to pul this device hard...to produce the"most clouds"...it's the opposite..a soft controlled pull ..easy..produces more than enough volume ..
I'm not sure why people want to create clouds. I mean, surely we have all moved above the age of blowing bubbles right?

Last edited by a moderator:
shiner25,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom