The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mellish

Hi all, been reading this thread and have found a lot of great tips. I've finally got my method of use for my FF2. Thanks for all the tips btw.

I have a question about concentrates. I've never used any at all, but picked up a small amount to try with my FF2. My question is about how much should I start off with being a first timer?
I usually use .1-.12 for flowers, but I'm assuming that's too much concentrate. And tips would be greatly appreciated. :tup:

Can't tell you how many times I've been told "about the size of a booger." Never quite got this one because some people are prodigious generators of mucus and some are not. So, I've also been told "about the size of the round head on a smaller push pin."

Not sure if that helps or not.

MikeG7265

Can't tell you how many times I've been told "about the size of a booger." Never quite got this one because some people are prodigious generators of mucus and some are not. So, I've also been told "about the size of the round head on a smaller push pin."

Not sure if that helps or not.
It's very helpful. I know concentrates are usually much stronger. I want to use the right amount to get medicated.

The thing I forgot to ask. Can you leave concentrates and come back and finish like you can do with flowers? Or do you need to finish it all at one time.

TIA

MikeG7265,

Mr Mellish

It's very helpful. I know concentrates are usually much stronger. I want to use the right amount to get medicated.

The thing I forgot to ask. Can you leave concentrates and come back and finish like you can do with flowers? Or do you need to finish it all at one time.

TIA

In my experience, you can leave them. Don't have an FF2 yet but in my Herc, I do a few after the fact draws to help cool it down so it doesn't start flowing anywhere I don't want it to.

PeteSeattle

Had the same thought. In order to keep kief from all rushing to the mouth piece try sandwiching the kief between two concentrate pads.

Now, don't take my word for it as it's an idea that popped into my head while medicating.

Ok. PSA. Don't try this. I was about to but realized the top screen would just float as you draw and all the keif will flood the air path and mouth piece. I'm sober, for now, so I realized that this would be futile.

Now, where's my FF?

pushpaw

Anyone used kief in the FF2? I've been letting it collect in my grinder for some time now and it's about time to put it to use. I wonder if it would be better to just sprinkle it loose on some bud or put it in a press first.
I have made a sandwich a couple of times, put a little herb in bowl, put kief on top of that, put more herb on top of that and tamp down slightly. Seems to work ok. Certainly didn't get a mouth full of kief anyway.

Papagiorgio

I have made a sandwich a couple of times, put a little herb in bowl, put kief on top of that, put more herb on top of that and tamp down slightly. Seems to work ok. Certainly didn't get a mouth full of kief anyway.

I had the same experience. I was a bit wary to try it, but I've done it a couple of times now.

Papagiorgio,

ArthurJ

Hello, I'm very excited. I love my firefly, my favorite vape. I originally had no intention of upgrading, but I love what I've been reading here so I ordered one last week, red. Got an e-mail yesterday saying the reds are a few weeks away, but I could get a blue or a black sooner. So I went for blue and they shipped it today! So I'm looking forward to my ff2!

Love the board, got lots of great tips on the firefly here!

toked23

Hello, I'm very excited. I love my firefly, my favorite vape. I originally had no intention of upgrading, but I love what I've been reading here so I ordered one last week, red. Got an e-mail yesterday saying the reds are a few weeks away, but I could get a blue or a black sooner. So I went for blue and they shipped it today! So I'm looking forward to my ff2!

Love the board, got lots of great tips on the firefly here!

Welcome and good luck with the ff2. Cleanest taste I've ever had, and cool as glass for me. Let us know how it goes...

Morimoto

Hey folks!

Just wanted to report on FF2 use after my T-Break! 1 week off and yesterday I got my 1st delivery of legal LP MMJ from Aurora, VERY odd experience having Purolator deliver weed and unboxing it with my family for the lulz :p

1st off for reference, LP weed only got me 7/10 max due to 15% THC restriction prescription at Canadian Cannabis Clinic (whatever, fuck them, moving on lol), Last T-break I did before this was 1.5 week long and I ended it when I got my FF2 on May 3rd, and I picked up some pink kush from my Triad connection in Toronto and I was 20/10 high, and couldn't even walk let alone ride my bike out of the woods, I just sat there with my FF2 on a log in the woods drinking water being high as giraffe pussy for 30 min (Chinese organized crime grows awesome weed).

I love T-breaks because I absolutely love being super high (recreationaly speaking) and If being insanely high means I have to take breaks to reach that level due to tolerance, then so be it, I would rather take a week or two off every 2 or 3 weeks than have to consume a million vapes/dabs a day to get high. ANYHOO moving on, that's just for reference.

SO my 1st legal LP weed... The CBD strain is AMAZING in the FF2, 18% CBD / 2%THC Cannatonic is an instant favorite flavor strain, and I LOVE the feeling it gives on the big hits, very strong CBD effect instantly. The AK47 at 15% THC was not flushed properly and smells like hot trash, it vapes and I get stoned, but it's still hot trash lol

What I have found is the the FF2 can make bad weed vape-able and good weed even better! CBD strains are so flavorful in the FF2 :) and the bad stuff, be it not flushed or whatever, the FF2 can just vape right thru the bullshit and still get me stoned without tasting hot trash.

Last edited:

FreshAir

Supposed to receive it today. It arrived to destination facility not too far from me at 9 am so I have a feeling they won't load it until tomorrow (does anyone know if that's the case with USPS)

FreshAir,

Kermitt

Hi,

if I order the FF2 today, how long is the Delivery-time?

I am thinking about ordering the FF2 and send to a Friend in the USA. And he sends the FF2 to me. In Europe, the FF2 do not come before October :-(

I am lucky about every advice

Kermitt,

C4PO

Hi,

if I order the FF2 today, how long is the Delivery-time?

I am thinking about ordering the FF2 and send to a Friend in the USA. And he send the FF2 to me. In Europe, the FF2 do not come before October :-(

I am lucky about every advice

Took 12 days from time I ordered to when I got shipping confirmation. (It's out for delivery today!) YMMV depending on the color you want, but it's nothing like the wait for a GH.

C4PO,
Reactions: Kermitt

Kermitt

Thanks for your reply.

Too bad, that the FF2 comes so late in Europe. Know somebody why?

Kermitt,

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for your reply.

Too bad, that the FF2 comes so late in Europe. Know somebody why?

It's 100% sure that it's coming in October? I heard from some retailers that it's supposed to be available at the end of next month.

b0,

murf2010

With my ff2 coming today so I need to know anything before I use it? Do I need to burn off or run a full charge? Anything I need to know before the first use would be great...

C4PO

Well, just got mine and found an issue with the app. I use a Nexus 6P and am running the Android N preview. The app tells me there is no device available to connect. In the Bluetooth settings I can see the device listed. If I try to pair it there the FF2's LED flashes blue once and tries to pair but is unsuccessful.

I've already emailed support about this, and I can't really place blame on FF for this. Issues like this are to be expected when using beta software. If anyone else is using the N preview, heads up! With any luck things will work better when I get home to use an older Android tablet.

C4PO,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
With my ff2 coming today so I need to know anything before I use it? Do I need to burn off or run a full charge? Anything I need to know before the first use would be great...

You don't need to do any burn-off. If you're super cautious, hold down the heat buttons for two or three full 30-second cycles...but it's really not necessary.

mitchgo61,

sky king

Just thought i would share my latest thoughts...these have already been written but they make a big difference:

1. Keep the unit completely clean at all times! it's so easy to wipe down and ISO wipes are so inexpensive that I like to bring it back to sparkling clean every few bowls. This helps with sealing and the flavor is always optimal.

2. Make sure the lid and base unit are 100% free of ALL debris to get the right seal.

3. Do not overfill! I got used to packing huge bowls in the Mighty but I'm learning the FF2 works best with just a "full" bowl (very lightly tamped) vs. an overpacked one.

4. I finally started "grinding" by hand like FF recommends, and the results are in fact better than my grinder. Who would've thunk it? Duh!

FreshAir

It's right by me and they're deciding to hold it for an extra day. Someone mentioned wiping the vapor path with one of the included wipes before the first use. Sounds like a good idea

FreshAir,

DarkSm0ke

I have some more working info based on the last week or so vaping with the FF2.

I usual vape with my GF, and of course ladies first, so she hits the first bowl 2-3 times, I stir it and she finishes it off. When it is my turn, I repack the bowl, but I always get more vapor (visible). I thought maybe I just had a more refined technique than her, but when we reversed the order (I start first), she is getting more clouds. So that tells me that after a bowl or so, the FF2 is sufficiently heated up that the air coming through will give you a more productive (visual) vape session. So if you are having trouble making clouds, I would say hit is nice and slow, and you will start seeing it, especially if the FF2 is on it's second or third bowl.

Regarding grind, I experimented a lot with this. Like others have said, hand torn seems to be working best for me. I break up my herbs from a nice bud into tiny nugs about the size of a small pea. I usually leave the herb out in a bowl for at least 10 minutes so it can dry a bit. Then I found if you pack it in the bowl to just near the top and loose enough that once the cover is on, you can shake the unit and see that the herb can move a tiny bit. I used to pack it to the top and then gently tamp it down, but I found that if it is loose enough to move slightly while the cover is on, then you get better convection air flow. This seems to get me more visible vape and some really tasty hits. The downfall is obviously you have to pack more bowls, but that is not really a big deal to me.

I also started seeing some spent bud crumbs inside the bowl near the bottom edge near the holes. I was trying to use a toothpick to get it out, without having to go through the cleaning process. I didn't want to stop my session for cleaning. since we already vaped 2 bowl I just tried a paper towel and because everything was still warm, it cleaned it like new. No need for ISO.

The amount of honey oil in the glass pathway even after a couple bowls really surprised me especially considering how high we were getting from the herbs already. I am going to start scraping that oil off with a blade and saving it. Maybe mix it with some kief to get a nice tasty mix for special occasion. I will let you guys know how that turns out down the road.

Kermitt

It's 100% sure that it's coming in October? I heard from some retailers that it's supposed to be available at the end of next month.

I think it is sure. Some People wrote this message in this thread. Furthermore I got an email from Namaste, they expact the FF2 in the end of summer.

Kermitt,
Reactions: b0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom