• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dringus

Now I am confused as you. He said a mail would be going round about the delay. Perhaps he got fed up with always answering the same question, the same way!

I will check again tonight and report back

Any luck checking from your end? It's definitely not a good sign that someone at Namaste is saying they won't be shipping until November. Does anyone else in the UK or anywhere else in Europe have any ideas about this? If it's true, I wonder if it's just Namaste or if all UK/Europe-based vape stores will also be affected. I'll be crossing everything until we hear something definite from a reliable source.

Dringus,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
E-mailed namaste, here is the reply

"Thanks for emailing us, and for pre-ordering the Firefly2 with us.
We've been unfortunately informed by Firefly that they are delaying the international release for the FF2 model until near October. I understand this wait is extensively longer than we predicted, so please let us know if you would like to still keep the pre order. For your wait, I'm happy to offer £10 off the sales price. We truly believe the Firefly2 will be the next best vaporizer, and it is already taking that title after it's small release in the US.
Once we have more information, we'll gladly update you and all of our Firefly customers. Please let us know if you have any questions"

Bummer :(

oddjobold,

Dringus

E-mailed namaste, here is the reply

"Thanks for emailing us, and for pre-ordering the Firefly2 with us.
We've been unfortunately informed by Firefly that they are delaying the international release for the FF2 model until near October. I understand this wait is extensively longer than we predicted, so please let us know if you would like to still keep the pre order. For your wait, I'm happy to offer £10 off the sales price. We truly believe the Firefly2 will be the next best vaporizer, and it is already taking that title after it's small release in the US.
Once we have more information, we'll gladly update you and all of our Firefly customers. Please let us know if you have any questions"

Bummer :(

Awww man. That ______ blows.

Well, I've been extremely patient but I'm afraid that's too long for me to wait. I will still get the Firefly 2 in October/November but I will need something until then. I've been combusting for years and NOW IT'S TIME TO VAPE. I like everything I've heard about the FF2, even how everything has to be JUST RIGHT in order to function optimally. I especially like how I don't have to vape the entire contents of a fully loaded bowl in one session. I believe that the key to enjoying it is to have a little here and then sometimes having a bit more than usual (especially later in the day). FF2 would allow me to do that and it would be the tastiest vapor offered in a portable. Add to that the fact that it doesn't stink when the lid is closed and it's easy to get 100% clean. Easy decision.

But right now I'm leaning towards getting a MFLB to tide me over. Based on users' experiences, is the MFLB a close 2nd to the FF2 for convection vapes? As I mentioned, I'm still going to get the FF2 when it becomes available in the UK in Oct/Nov but I need something (preferably fairly inexpensive) that will allow me to take a small/medium sized pull here and there, much like a pipe would. Will the MFLB accomplish this?

Dringus,

Mr Mellish

But right now I'm leaning towards getting a MFLB to tide me over. Based on users' experiences, is the MFLB a close 2nd to the FF2 for convection vapes? As I mentioned, I'm still going to get the FF2 when it becomes available in the UK in Oct/Nov but I need something (preferably fairly inexpensive) that will allow me to take a small/medium sized pull here and there, much like a pipe would. Will the MFLB accomplish this?

MFLB is conduction. Nice starter but not in the league of a convection, in my opinion. The effects aren't as strong and the flavor goes downhill quickly. Firewood and ESV are convection (Milaana? Venus Apollo?). Crafty/Mighty and Boundless CF/CFX seem to be popular hybrids. Of course, there are many more...those just came to mind.

Mr Mellish,

Dringus

Any luck checking from your end? It's definitely not a good sign that someone at Namaste is saying they won't be shipping until November. Does anyone else in the UK or anywhere else in Europe have any ideas about this? If it's true, I wonder if it's just Namaste or if all UK/Europe-based vape stores will also be affected. I'll be crossing everything until we hear something definite from a reliable source.

There's still hope. I just talked with Namaste (again) - here is the conversation:

Me: "I just heard a rumor that you won't be receiving any firefly 2's until October.. can you confirm? (I ordered back in March and was even told yesterday by someone at Namaste that things were on schedule and I would be receiving my FF2 by early June.)"
Namaste: "It's not official, but it's looking that way for all international customers. We're trying to work something out with Firefly to have our pre order customers fulfilled, but we haven't been given much detail just yet."

He also said: "We would have updated customers about the October date, but that's not 100% yet."

So, there is still a glimmer of hope for those of us in the UK who pre-ordered, but anyone who didn't preorder will almost definitely have to wait until October (UK and Europe only).

It makes me wonder about the issues some people have been having as far as possible air leaks with the lid and too much draw resistance as well as battery and app issues. Perhaps they want to make sure these problems are solved before going international?

Dringus,

dak1024

Awww man. That ______ blows.

Well, I've been extremely patient but I'm afraid that's too long for me to wait. I will still get the Firefly 2 in October/November but I will need something until then. I've been combusting for years and NOW IT'S TIME TO VAPE. I like everything I've heard about the FF2, even how everything has to be JUST RIGHT in order to function optimally. I especially like how I don't have to vape the entire contents of a fully loaded bowl in one session. I believe that the key to enjoying it is to have a little here and then sometimes having a bit more than usual (especially later in the day). FF2 would allow me to do that and it would be the tastiest vapor offered in a portable. Add to that the fact that it doesn't stink when the lid is closed and it's easy to get 100% clean. Easy decision.

I'd recommend the Vapor Genie, which is the closest in action to the Firefly: It is an on-demand convection vaporizer with the heat coming from above -- a butane lighter -- rather than below. In fact, an early prototype of the Firefly used butane. The learning curve is tremendous, but it does work. And it is the most inexpensive vaporizer.

dak1024,

Dringus

MFLB is conduction. Nice starter but not in the league of a convection, in my opinion. The effects aren't as strong and the flavor goes downhill quickly. Firewood and ESV are convection (Milaana? Venus Apollo?). Crafty/Mighty and Boundless CF/CFX seem to be popular hybrids. Of course, there are many more...those just came to mind.

Ahh I thought MFLB was convection. Well I'm going to wait to see if I get lucky at Namaste since I preordered and maybe I won't need anything to tide me over. Yeah I've heard good things about the Firewood but I don't think it's available over here. Don't know much about the Boundless CF/CFX or the ESV. Anyone? Crafty/Mighty are amazing I'm sure but since I'll still be getting the FF2 I can't afford to also get one of those. I guess the price is what I like most about the MFLB - is there anything as good at the same price point?

I'd recommend the Vapor Genie, which is the closest in action to the Firefly: It is an on-demand convection vaporizer with the heat coming from above -- a butane lighter -- rather than below. In fact, an early prototype of the Firefly used butane. The learning curve is tremendous, but it does work. And it is the most inexpensive vaporizer.

Haven't even heard of it. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the Vapor Genie?

Mod note: posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dringus,

Mr Mellish

Ahh I thought MFLB was convection. Well I'm going to wait to see if I get lucky at Namaste since I preordered and maybe I won't need anything to tide me over. Yeah I've heard good things about the Firewood but I don't think it's available over here. Don't know much about the Boundless CF/CFX or the ESV. Anyone? Crafty/Mighty are amazing I'm sure but since I'll still be getting the FF2 I can't afford to also get one of those. I guess the price is what I like most about the MFLB - is there anything as good at the same price point?

Vapman is a great choice if you don't mind using a torch.Very compact, not terribly expensive, and once you get the hang of it, it can knock your socks off. You can even get "tattooed" versions. You don't need the mica version.

Mr Mellish,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

The MFLB is cheap. And that's about it. Some folks love it, but the learning curve is steep as hell, it's quite hard to use especially for a first time vaper, and you have to juggle batteries like a circus employee. In my experience, if the FF is a very nice car, the MFLB is a used skateboard missing a wheel. :2c:

If you're looking for a vape to tide you over, perhaps consider a cheap, good small desktop like the Nano? Makes a nice complement to the FF (everyone needs a desktop!) and it's very easy to use. I wish it had been my first vape. With an FC discount you can get it under 200.

But I'd steer clear of MFLB....it could turn you off vaping for good. Again just my:2c:, there are plenty of LB users who would differ with me.

Dringus

The MFLB is cheap. And that's about it. Some folks love it, but the learning curve is steep as hell, it's quite hard to use especially for a first time vaper, and you have to juggle batteries like a circus employee. In my experience, if the FF is a very nice car, the MFLB is a used skateboard missing a wheel. :2c:

If you're looking for a vape to tide you over, perhaps consider a cheap, good small desktop like the Nano? Makes a nice complement to the FF (everyone needs a desktop!) and it's very easy to use. I wish it had been my first vape. With an FC discount you can get it under 200.

But I'd steer clear of MFLB....it could turn you off vaping for good. Again just my:2c:, there are plenty of LB users who would differ with me.

Wow the E-Nano seems really cool actually! I'm not sure I can get it in the UK though. Anyone?

I think that everyone should own a MFLB at its price-point even if you have other high end vapes. I have the FF2 and the Crafty and I still love my MFLB when I don't want to reload all the time, need a bit more stealth, and don't mind losing it if I am doing something active or have to ditch it (It's only $85).

In addition, if you can master the MFLB, you can master any vape. I firmly believe this. I am to the point with my MFLB where I can take ghost hits, or get HUGE clouds, whatever I want. It's like back in the day when the first car that I learned to drive was an stick. It gives you so much control over what you are doing and after driving a stick, you can drive anything.

But again, it's $85 and you'll have it forever. Everyone should have one.

MFLB native mode for life!

mmmmmtacos

Black ones seem to be the one with the least stock currently

I ordered black on May 4th, hoping I could get mine quicker. (Read through the forums that black was shipping the quickest) Now I'm debating emailing and asking for a different color. (Has anyone done this?) I really don't care on the color as long as I get the product soon. I was planning on buying multiple tops anyway if I was satisfied with the purchase.

Really just want my FF2 ASAP.

EDIT: It seems like the FF team is experiencing a "bullwhip effect" to the max

Last edited:
mmmmmtacos,
Reactions: FreshAir

DarkSm0ke

Hello people, new here but have been reading the FC posts for a while. I got my FF 2 about 3 weeks ago but couldn't try it until just 10 days ago due to catching the flu.

Any way I am pretty new to vaping and purchased the Pax 2 while I was waiting for the FF 2 order to be fulfilled. That being said I had some issue with the FF 2 technique. I got it down now, and I am loving it.

However I wrote to FF and asked them for help since I was getting little or no vapor production. They replied back to me with an email with some good tips. I would like to share it here in case another noob might be having issues too, like I had. the you tube videos were especially helpful as they are cued at the right time so you don't have to watch the whole thing.

Here is an excerpt from FF 2 support:

The Firefly 2 does NOT hit at all like the PAX, Crafty/Mighty, Davinci, etc) Those all heat up the material for some time before you ever draw, so when you draw with those devices, they usually will get vapor from a short 2-3 second inhalation.

The Firefly 2 works differently, the material is only heated as you draw hot air through it, so the actual extraction of vapor only happens then and over the course of an inhalation lasting about 5-15 seconds, with 10 seconds being a typically average length.

A concise explanation of this is that those other vaporizers go slow to go fast, while we go fast to go slow. In other words, they make you wait a while so you can take fast hits thereafter, while we heat up almost instantly so you can enjoy a longer, slower, more ultimately more satisfying draws with the Firefly 2.

Start by filling the bowl completely with hand torn ground material, tamp down lightly, make sure the lid is sealed, and to take a long, slow inhalation! At least 12-15 seconds!

I would also suggest looking at our Firefly 2 user manual specifically the Tips and Tricks section.

https://www.thefirefly.com/media/Firefly2-UserManual-v2-lowres.pdf

And here are a couple YouTube videos from critics that describe how they use their Firefly (just watch through the times I have put below):

- Minute 2:30 - 5:50:

- Minute 21:22 - 34:44 (pay particular attention to 23:55):

- Minute 6:28 - 8:30:

I sincerely hope his helps.

Warm Regards, Firefly Support

TheFirefly.com

On another note, I am looking for a good desktop vape to compliment the FF2 and the Pax 2. Any suggestions? I would like it to be $250 or under. I saw the previous post today about the e-nano. that looks promising. You guys mentioned a FC discount code? Anyone know what it is, and if it is still valid?

Thank you for all the help and this great forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@DarkSm0ke solo a great vaporizer along with a bong perhaps dhgate and an adapter. Should be about 250 and works real well for a session vape probably not many users unless u also get the power adapter also

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
On another note, I am looking for a good desktop vape to compliment the FF2 and the Pax 2. Any suggestions? I would like it to be $250 or under. I saw the previous post today about the e-nano. that looks promising. You guys mentioned a FC discount code? Anyone know what it is, and if it is still valid?

Hello @DarkSm0ke and welcome to FC!

A few posts before yours, a moderator pointed out that we try to minimize chatter about different vapes from the vape thread that they are posting in. Feel free to ask about comparisons in Ask FC.

@Dringus your non Firefly 2 questions should go into the threads specific to the vapes you are considering or you could make a thread in Ask FC. But let's not derail this thread with further questions about other vapes. ;)

:peace:

Vapinmofo

to get back on the topic...

I have 4 or 5 vaporizers.
They all have their own technique.
For me I have the Firefly 2 figured out. I have had to change the way I do a couple things.
For one. I don't use a grinder on herbs going into the FF2.

I have a crafty and I am used to NOT stirring.

To get the most out of the FF2 I have to stir.

Also for me
between a load in the crafty at 365 which has great flavor to start, it diminishes as the terpenes are extracted efficiently. The Thing is that when I load the crafty and use it it is like smoking a whole joint to my head. As many of you know that stops working. The thing is the FF2 is more like a pipe with a couple hits in it, not a whole joint. The load in the FF is very small.

so here is what I do.
I break up my flowers manually without GRINDING or cards.. It lovely, I forgot how nice it is to break up superior bud. the smell is wonderful.. when you grind the smell is in the grinder...

Ok so I hand break down the herbs. Then I load the FF2 bowl not loose, Not tight. I just sort of Over fill it and let the lid press it in to the chamber...

I use about the same amount of herb in the FF2 as I do in my Volcano Classic. between 100mg and 150mg
per load.

I am still using MEDIUM.
I hold the button until I feel a little bite in the throat just beginning.

The FAQ says 10 seconds.
I am not so sure about 10 seconds. I am thinking more like 20 maybe 25 seconds of slow draw.

I get 3 maybe 4 good hits from one of these loads then the flavor more or less goes away.

I don't particularly like the uneven nature of the extraction.

Tonight for the first time the green light did not just turn on. this time it pulsed for 2 or 3 seconds then went solid.

So the one area I am noticing is that the FF2 definitely able to BREAK THROUGH from an effect Point of view. Good herbs create a very good effect... one that seems to last.

I am thinking that my THC tolerance is slowly reset as I shift from multiple crafty or volcano Bags a night to 5 or 6 FF2 hits a Night.

Maximum effect for minimum Herbs is one of my goals.
Anyway, I am quite sure the FF2 helping me to achieve this.

Like I said The Volcano load size is about the same between my volcano and FF2.

The Volcano is better. it is not close.
My Firefly2 is growing on me and absolutly has become my sort of go to when I get home....

Vapinmofo

murf2010

to get back on the topic...

I have 4 or 5 vaporizers.
They all have their own technique.
For me I have the Firefly 2 figured out. I have had to change the way I do a couple things.
For one. I don't use a grinder on herbs going into the FF2.

I have a crafty and I am used to NOT stirring.

To get the most out of the FF2 I have to stir.

Also for me
between a load in the crafty at 365 which has great flavor to start, it diminishes as the terpenes are extracted efficiently. The Thing is that when I load the crafty and use it it is like smoking a whole joint to my head. As many of you know that stops working. The thing is the FF2 is more like a pipe with a couple hits in it, not a whole joint. The load in the FF is very small.

so here is what I do.
I break up my flowers manually without GRINDING or cards.. It lovely, I forgot how nice it is to break up superior bud. the smell is wonderful.. when you grind the smell is in the grinder...

Ok so I hand break down the herbs. Then I load the FF2 bowl not loose, Not tight. I just sort of Over fill it and let the lid press it in to the chamber...

I use about the same amount of herb in the FF2 as I do in my Volcano Classic. between 100mg and 150mg
per load.

I am still using MEDIUM.
I hold the button until I feel a little bite in the throat just beginning.

The FAQ says 10 seconds.
I am not so sure about 10 seconds. I am thinking more like 20 maybe 25 seconds of slow draw.

I get 3 maybe 4 good hits from one of these loads then the flavor more or less goes away.

I don't particularly like the uneven nature of the extraction.

Tonight for the first time the green light did not just turn on. this time it pulsed for 2 or 3 seconds then went solid.

So the one area I am noticing is that the FF2 definitely able to BREAK THROUGH from an effect Point of view. Good herbs create a very good effect... one that seems to last.

I am thinking that my THC tolerance is slowly reset as I shift from multiple crafty or volcano Bags a night to 5 or 6 FF2 hits a Night.

Maximum effect for minimum Herbs is one of my goals.
Anyway, I am quite sure the FF2 helping me to achieve this.

Like I said The Volcano load size is about the same between my volcano and FF2.

The Volcano is better. it is not close.
My Firefly2 is growing on me and absolutly has become my sort of go to when I get home....

Vapinmofo

Better than a crafty?

murf2010,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom