The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dringus

I don't preordered yet. I could, but I don't like to spend my Money, and perhaps I have to wait till October. I am thinking about, buying the Grashopper, and wait for the FF 2.
Both are good devises in my opinion. Rather I like to have the FF2. It fits better to my habits. To go out, the Grasshopper will by the better choose. But mostly I am home. Thertefore the FF2 would by the better Device for me (cool Vape)

Above all, I don't now, if I have enough money left over for 2 units in this year, Hard decision :-(
Hi Kermitt. I was also told by Namaste that unless you preordered, you won't be receiving your FF2 until October. So if you haven't preordered you might want to get something else to hold you over until October. They also told me (like oddjobold) that they will know by next Friday whether or not people who preordered will possibly receive their FF2's in June. Keeping everything crossed!!

Hi Kermitt. I was also told by Namaste that unless you preordered, you won't be receiving your FF2 until October. So if you haven't preordered you might want to get something else to hold you over until October. They also told me (like oddjobold) that they will know by next Friday whether or not people who preordered will possibly receive their FF2's in June. Keeping everything crossed!!
Also, you mentioned that you might just get a grasshopper now and then wait for the FF2, but how are you going to do that? Last I heard, grasshopper is out of stock EVERYWHERE. Do you know something we don't?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dringus,

Kermitt

Hi Dringus!

Pre-order or not, the FF2 will come in Europe in the end of summer. I don't believe, pre-orders get the device earlier. If I order the FF2 today, I'am a pre-orderer too. That does not change the deliveringtime.

I know, the GH ist hard to get. But there are shops, they expect the GH in the End of may. I Think I can get one, before it is October.

Kermitt,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This thing is finicky!

Why when I try to change temps does the red light blink???!!!

It's supposed to. That's how it alerts you to the temp range change. This is clearly documented. Everywhere. Read the thread. Read the manual.

Also i really expected the red glow to be bigger, can't barely see anything.!

Again, discussed and documented many times and places. The glow is dimmer than the FF1, and dims over the course of a hit. Read the thread.

cloud production isn't a complaint at all haha people are crazy.!!

So it does work well? :hmm:

The buttons don't work at all. The right button only lights up my bowl, which never really glows.
!!!

Again, that's how it's supposed to work. The right button is the heat button. That's how it's configured out of the box. If you want to change buttons, or make it "BOTH" buttons, you change that in the app. Again, read the manual. Read the thread. All this info has been discussed, and documented, to death.

the left one is unresponsive. The tap 3 times to see the battery blink doesn't work at all.!!!

The left button isn't the battery indicator. It's the heat indicator. Unless you are looking at it backwards. And you already told us it flashes so we know it works. Tap each one gently three times, again. See if they work. (Once more: left battery flashes red for heat level. Right flashes blue for battery level.)

also this thing is getting super hot!!!!

Again, discussed to death. Read the thread. We've covered this bit...been mentioned by multiple users. Aggressive heat button use can make the unit hot. Set it on glass for six seconds and the problem is solved.

I got a defective unit!!! Sucks man, really wanted to love this vape

OK, I give up. You said you get clouds easily. You describe it getting hot, and the bowl glowing. The light features all sound like they work right. What exactly do you think is defective? Your misunderstanding of the feature set isn't the fault of the device or the manufacturer. So what FF function isn't working properly that causes you to declare the unit is "defective"? (And have you shot a note to FF describing this defective feature to see if they can help you?)

Again, read the manual and familiarize yourself with how the various features work before you decide your unit isn't working properly.

Dringus

Hi Dringus!

Pre-order or not, the FF2 will come in Europe in the end of summer. I don't believe, pre-orders get the device earlier. If I order the FF2 today, I'am a pre-orderer too. That does not change the deliveringtime.

I know, the GH ist hard to get. But there are shops, they expect the GH in the End of may. I Think I can get one, before it is October.
Please let me know if and when you know where to get the grasshopper in the coming weeks -- it is my 2nd choice after FF2 :)

I know it's unlikely those of us who preordered their FF2's back in March from Namaste will get them before October, but I'll be crossing EVERYTHING until I hear a definite answer by next Friday. I did order back in March afterall. I really really really want FF2 to be my first vape!! :)

Dringus,

Kermitt

Yes I wish that dhe FF2 will be my first Vape too :-)

But I think I will take, what I get :-(

I think in time I would like to have both. But for my habits, I would like to have the FF2 first.

I will let you know, if I get Infos about the GH :-)

Kermitt,

murf2010

It's supposed to. That's how it alerts you to the temp range change. This is clearly documented. Everywhere. Read the thread. Read the manual.

Again, discussed and documented many times and places. The glow is dimmer than the FF1, and dims over the course of a hit. Read the thread.

So it does work well? :hmm:

Again, that's how it's supposed to work. The right button is the heat button. That's how it's configured out of the box. If you want to change buttons, or make it "BOTH" buttons, you change that in the app. Again, read the manual. Read the thread. All this info has been discussed, and documented, to death.

The left button isn't the battery indicator. It's the heat indicator. Unless you are looking at it backwards. And you already told us it flashes so we know it works. Tap each one gently three times, again. See if they work. (Once more: left battery flashes red for heat level. Right flashes blue for battery level.)

Again, discussed to death. Read the thread. We've covered this bit...been mentioned by multiple users. Aggressive heat button use can make the unit hot. Set it on glass for six seconds and the problem is solved.

OK, I give up. You said you get clouds easily. You describe it getting hot, and the bowl glowing. The light features all sound like they work right. What exactly do you think is defective? Your misunderstanding of the feature set isn't the fault of the device or the manufacturer. So what FF function isn't working properly that causes you to declare the unit is "defective"? (And have you shot a note to FF describing this defective feature to see if they can help you?)

Again, read the manual and familiarize yourself with how the various features work before you decide your unit isn't working properly.

You acted like I was arguing with you throughout your entire response.

The unit doesn't work properly. Sorry when I open the app and make selections my bowl turns on!!! Even without touching the unit at all. I am unable to change the button combination. Neither side works with three taps. If I am looking at the unit with the mounts piece facing me, the left button stays solid green. Bowls being heated and I'm not touching anything. The three tap doesn't work on either side so that's a bust. Also if I try and change the finger combo the bowl turns on randomly without touching the unit.

When I open the app the blue light doesn't just blink 3 times, it blinks for roughly 5 seconds super rapidly.

Also there was never a preheat for me, the green light never blinked; just stays solid the whole time.

No matter how many times I try and change the Button combo it doesn't work. Nether three tap works. If my selection is to use only the right left or either button the light stays solid green and the bowl is on! Without even touching the sensors.

I read the user manual. Plenty of times.

Last edited:
murf2010,

mitchgo61

You acted like I was arguing with you throughout your entire response.

No, I was trying to address your random issues point by point. De-composing your problem is the best way to understand whether or not you have a defective unit. None of your original points indicate unit fault to me, especially since you claimed you easily got big vapor. But let's move on...

The unit doesn't work properly. Sorry when I open the app and make selections my bowl turns on!!! Even without touching the unit at all..

So you are saying you change a feature in the app...and without touching the FF itself, it just starts heating up? Seriously? Can you post video of that? (Because FF will wanna see vid of that, I can guarantee it. I'm sure that's the first time that's been reported, and is so unusual that they will want to see what's happening so they can address it.)

Neither side works with three taps. If I am looking at the unit with the mounts piece facing me, the left button stays solid green. Bowls being heated and I'm not touching anything. The three tap doesn't work on either side so that's a bust. Also if I try and change the finger combo the bowl turns on randomly without touching the unit.

When I open the app the blue light doesn't just blink 3 times, it blinks for roughly 5 seconds super rapidly.

Also there was never a preheat for me, the green light never blinked; just stays solid the whole time.

No matter how many times I try and change the Button combo it doesn't work. Nether three tap works. If my selection is to use only the right left or either button the light stays solid green and the bowl is on! Without even touching the sensors.

So to recap:

1. Doing anything on the app turns on the bowl and it starts heating.
2. Three taps on either button does...nothing? Do I have that right?
3. How were you able to get clouds so easily if the buttons aren't working?
4. Sometimes the light is solid green rather than pulsing, if the FF goes into standby mode. (Again, covered multiple times here.)
5. The blue light isn't supposed to blink when you open the app. (The "five blink" is telling you the battery is fully charged.)

Your FF sounds INSANE. Like the most batshit, random set of flashes and activity that has so far been documented. You should contact FF (it'll do more good than posting here, at least as a Plan A). But you should also post some video so we can see this...I'm having a really hard time picturing half of the behavior you describe. I'd love to see it.

Also, try inserting the second battery, if you haven't already. It might "reset" the weird behavior.

murf2010

No, I was trying to address your random issues point by point. De-composing your problem is the best way to understand whether or not you have a defective unit. None of your original points indicate unit fault to me, especially since you claimed you easily got big vapor. But let's move on...

So you are saying you change a feature in the app...and without touching the FF itself, it just starts heating up? Seriously? Can you post video of that? (Because FF will wanna see vid of that, I can guarantee it. I'm sure that's the first time that's been reported, and is so unusual that they will want to see what's happening so they can address it.)

So to recap:

1. Doing anything on the app turns on the bowl and it starts heating.
2. Three taps on either button does...nothing? Do I have that right?
3. How were you able to get clouds so easily if the buttons aren't working?
4. Sometimes the light is solid green rather than pulsing, if the FF goes into standby mode. (Again, covered multiple times here.)
5. The blue light isn't supposed to blink when you open the app. (The "five blink" is telling you the battery is fully charged.)

Your FF sounds INSANE. Like the most batshit, random set of flashes and activity that has so far been documented. You should contact FF (it'll do more good than posting here, at least as a Plan A). But you should also post some video so we can see this...I'm having a really hard time picturing half of the behavior you describe. I'd love to see it.

Also, try inserting the second battery, if you haven't already. It might "reset" the weird behavior.

Trying the second battery sounds like a good idea.

I've owned dozens of vapes, every high end vape. I know how to use these things but his unit is absolutely ridiculous. Yes I have a video and pictures however I have no clue how to post them using my phone. I have a video and I have a shot of the units bowl turning on without touching anything!!

Also that's how I got clouds, when the unit would heat up randomly I tried pulling and got a few huge clouds! I had to figure out a way to taste it!

murf2010,

hi_there

My guess is that the product is operating properly within its specifications and this amount of smell is acceptable to FF. I doubt mine is broken but realize its possible. I'll see if it fades.

I have tried a dozen new vapes over the past few years....all has some level of factory smell.

Just got my FF2 yesterday and have had a few bowls of flower and some concentrate. This is a really nice vape. I think I will be using it on high for pain, the vapor is still not hot, clouds are nice and the effects are quick. Flavor is just ok on high, so if you are a flavor chaser I recommend stepping up from med -->med. high and then maybe finish on high for a fuller extraction. For me the FF2 and GH (hope it keeps working) are a fine pair with the FF2 being the home base or sharing vape if I go out somewhere. You just can't beat the stealth of the GH.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
A blue firefly2 landed at my place yesterday. So far I'm pretty charmed by it, great flavor. My primary Vape is a grasshopper and the firefly 2 is a very different experience. Both are great experiences but very different.

The firefly is a fair bit more involved to use than the grasshopper, not difficult just more involved in a way that in my opinion contributes to the aesthetic of the firefly experience.

For example, there is something nice about breaking up the bud and loading the bowl, speaking of which, a good way to learn how to pack it correctly, a good check is if you have not overpacked, once the vapor drops of you should be able to tap it a few times to mix the bowl up enough to get another cloud.

Anyway, as a first impression, definitely an upgrade from the OG FF and a really great vaping experience

Mr. Me2

A blue firefly2 landed at my place yesterday. So far I'm pretty charmed by it, great flavor. My primary Vape is a grasshopper and the firefly 2 is a very different experience. Both are great experiences but very different.

The firefly is a fair bit more involved to use than the grasshopper, not difficult just more involved in a way that in my opinion contributes to the aesthetic of the firefly experience.

For example, there is something nice about breaking up the bud and loading the bowl, speaking of which, a good way to learn how to pack it correctly, a good check is if you have not overpacked, once the vapor drops of you should be able to tap it a few times to mix the bowl up enough to get another cloud.

Anyway, as a first impression, definitely an upgrade from the OG FF and a really great vaping experience
I'm looking forward to your ff2 v. gh review/comparison

Mr. Me2,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I'm looking forward to your ff2 v. gh review/comparison

So far they seem really apples and oranges which is a good thing and I'm glad I have both and will use both. Perhaps it's just because I'm more used to it but I find the GH vapor quality overall more satisfying. That's incredibly subjective though and I think folks will think the opposite for good reason too.

murf2010

Has anyone had to return a unit so far? Not sure how this is going to go with firefly. My unit is defective!

murf2010,

mitchgo61

I agree....sometimes I'm in the mood for a manual experience. I kinda like stirring etc at least one or two sessions per day. I go through the same thing with other convection vapes like the Nano. It's part of the charm of the experience.

After I get really high from the FF, my laziness kicks in, and it's time for an automatic experience like the Mighty. Different strokes. :lol::2c:

Bart3

I just received my black FF2, I've read pages and pages on using it but still having problems. Only tried a couple of bowls but not very good results. Seems to working fine by all accounts. I suspect it's that I'm not able to take more than 10 sec draws, asthm I'm afraid. I asked firefly about returns but only got tips in the reply, nothing new I haven't read here. Looks like they only take returns of unopened packages. I suspect I will take the hit and sell it and find something that doesn't require longer draws. Anyone having success with 10 sec and shorter draws? Thanks much!

Bart3,

murf2010

Has anyone been able to fix the whistle??

Also why does the light randomly flash blue when not in use?

murf2010,

jay87

My advice if you're having trouble is to treat the first 2 draws as warmup draws.

After that just take normal draws at the natural air flow of the vape until you're medicated as you want to be. I let go of the heater when I'm done taking a draw, then turn it on and let it heat for a couple seconds before my next draw. I pretty much never have issues with the auto turnoff this way.

If it's whistling that's how you know you're hitting it too hard. I'd recommend taking a draw that is the same as the natural air resistance of the vape.

I'm using concentrates but the ease of use of my FF2 is amazing. I literally just smoosh some concentrate in the bowl, put the lid on, and take natural draws. The more draws I take the bigger and thicker clouds I get until I'm done or just smoosh some more concentrate it. This thing fulfills every requirement I have for a concentrate vaporizer. :tup:

murf2010

Common issue with mine is the left button turns on my bowl no matter what setting I have it on.

murf2010,

colomarijuana

For me the FF2 had a lot longer learning curve than I expected. I used OG FF often and still took me a couple of weeks to get my technique down.

I usually get 2-3 hits before I have to stir. Sometimes only 2 if they are really large (usually are for me :p). I get consistently good vapor every time now.

Tried my OG Firefly and my Pax 2 the other day and was reminded how hot vapor can be.

DarkSm0ke

Has anyone experienced fully charging the FF 2 and then checking the charge by tapping the unit's button only to find that it blinks blue 4 times? I have left my unit on the cradle after it fully charges for about 30 minutes longer, and also took it off immediately after fully charging; same results. I noticed at full charge (solid blue light while on cradle) I could only get 4 blue blinks at manual check. I just assumed that it was a typo in their manual (5 blinks for full), and that 4 blinks was the norm. Looking through this forum though it seems you guys have stated you have been seeing 5 blinks.

If I check the app, it always shows the battery full, no matter what level it actually is.

My situation is the same regardless of which battery I use. As far as battery use goes, I can kill a battery in one night of vaping over the course of 3 to 4 hours. Maybe 6 to 7 bowls. Usually the battery goes longer than that though, but not much. Other than the battery issue, my unit works fine.

Any ideas?

DarkSm0ke,

murf2010

Has anyone experienced fully charging the FF 2 and then checking the charge by tapping the unit's button only to find that it blinks blue 4 times? I have left my unit on the cradle after it fully charges for about 30 minutes longer, and also took it off immediately after fully charging; same results. I noticed at full charge (solid blue light while on cradle) I could only get 4 blue blinks at manual check. I just assumed that it was a typo in their manual (5 blinks for full), and that 4 blinks was the norm. Looking through this forum though it seems you guys have stated you have been seeing 5 blinks.

If I check the app, it always shows the battery full, no matter what level it actually is.

My situation is the same regardless of which battery I use. As far as battery use goes, I can kill a battery in one night of vaping over the course of 3 to 4 hours. Maybe 6 to 7 bowls. Usually the battery goes longer than that though, but not much. Other than the battery issue, my unit works fine.

Any ideas?

100% identical
Experience!

murf2010,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom