The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toked23

After a week with black betty(black ff2) she just keeps on delivering. I clean her after every time I change to new material, she is as clean as day one. Very easy to clean. Taste is still phenomenal. First go is always delicious. Have settled on a coarse grind, mostly hand torn really. Seems to get a decent cloud from the first go. I do notice if I take 2 pulls it's gets a little more dense cloud wise. But I really go more than 2-3 at once. I usually pack .1g and get 5-6 pulls that work. Gets slim after that and I usually dump although it doesn't seem very dark, only a few dark pieces, some faint green. Almost a seems like I should bump it to concentrate and turn it a little darker like the pax2... Any thoughts on this?

toked23,

snamuh

ghost
Well, just got mine and found an issue with the app. I use a Nexus 6P and am running the Android N preview. The app tells me there is no device available to connect. In the Bluetooth settings I can see the device listed. If I try to pair it there the FF2's LED flashes blue once and tries to pair but is unsuccessful.

I've already emailed support about this, and I can't really place blame on FF for this. Issues like this are to be expected when using beta software. If anyone else is using the N preview, heads up! With any luck things will work better when I get home to use an older Android tablet.
I using a Nexus 6 with the latest n preview(beta?)

It's working fine for me. Make sure you have your location/GPS on, and permissions set to allow location. Dou le check that stuff and then freshly start the app. It should connect...

It does seem odd though that the firefly blinks... I think normally if the location isn't on and the permission's aren't granted it just doesn't show in the app at all...

snamuh,

DarkSm0ke

After a week with black betty(black ff2) she just keeps on delivering. I clean her after every time I change to new material, she is as clean as day one. Very easy to clean. Taste is still phenomenal. First go is always delicious. Have settled on a coarse grind, mostly hand torn really. Seems to get a decent cloud from the first go. I do notice if I take 2 pulls it's gets a little more dense cloud wise. But I really go more than 2-3 at once. I usually pack .1g and get 5-6 pulls that work. Gets slim after that and I usually dump although it doesn't seem very dark, only a few dark pieces, some faint green. Almost a seems like I should bump it to concentrate and turn it a little darker like the pax2... Any thoughts on this?

@toked23 I have a Pax 2 also, and yeah the ABV comes out a nice toasty brown. I have never gotten the ABV in my FF2 to get dark like that. It does get noticeably darker (and drier) after it is vaped, but not to the extent that it does in the Pax 2.

I usually hit my FF2 on medium high, stir after maybe 3 hits. When I am through I sometimes bump it up to high and I can get maybe a couple more hits but those hits usually lack much of the flavor as the previous ones. Do you ever try that?

I wouldn't suggest using concentrate setting to vape herb with. Pretty sure you run the risk of combustion :doh:

DarkSm0ke,

huxley

Greetings folks.

I just ordered and received my FF2, thought I'd give a brief overview of my thoughts. In general, I am disappointed.

Ordered: Black unit, received shocking fast, just 5 days from order date.

Where Bought: directly from FF.

Packing: The package was sent as cheaply as possible using Priority Mail Flat Rate bubble mailer with no additional padding, for $6.10. Since the internal box acts as a shock absorber, that is fine, but I was surprised to see it not shipped in a rigid packing. That said, it arrived in fine condition and in actuality, I applaud the less shipping box volume waste.

Initial thoughts:

- Battery compartment is poor and chintzy, it feels like plastic but they claim it is magnesium alloy. The fitting is poor and it is easy to slide it on not exactly correctly with one side not fully as snapped down as the other. This detracts from the overall unit's "feeling of quality" and contrasts with its heavy weight. Feels like it would break on first drop.

- Unit is much heavier than expected. I read it was heavy and indeed it is. But since it feels like plastic you don't expect this much weight, which is probably due to the glass and/or battery. I might do some weighings.

- Smell: I am incredibly disappointed here.

I had read somewhere on here that someone had a blue unit with a chemical smell, and a black with no smell.

Since I'd rather not be breathing in any chemical presumably long term noxious heated fumes, I opted for the black unit, solely on the hope that the chemical smell was coming strictly from the lid, the silicon gasket is the current speculation I had been reading. I can confirm the silicon in the lid is of zero consequence and is virtually odor free. All odors are generated in the rear bottom, and are appreciably worse when heated.

Let me preface all this by saying that apparently I have earned very good nose, and often smell things where many other would not. I had life long extreme allergies to many things-- especially pollen and cats, but at some point, switched over to a plant based diet and cut down my wheat intake by say 95% or more. Afterwards all my allergies magically disappeared, go figure, and I was left with a better sense of smell. All of this is to say I would not be surprised if many people think there is no smell at all, or at least those on the Standard American Diet where many have chronic or even sub-perceptual allergies. What I've learned about sense of smell is, I can notice as its improving as I eat better, but when I slack off and eat worse, I cannot notice as it degrades. I tend to think it is just as good as it was, and it is not.

In any case, the sad fact here with the FF2 is that the smell is real and its pretty terrible, and I am pretty disappointed that they did not attempt to seal off the vapor path any better. Also I didn't mean to imply nor do I believe I am so rare as to be one of the few to smell this. I believe the smell is strong enough that most people should be able to smell something from the rear underside of the unit, especially if you heat it up. I also have to believe that FF must know of this smell and deemed it "good enough" to ship. I suspect their thinking must be that the costs or manufacturing design issues required to make it completely odor proof would be large, either financially, or by increasing the units weight and size even further.

How I tested smell:

- Breath slowly and deeply through cold air intake, while empty with no power: clear chemical manufacturing smell. But where is it coming from?

- Rear of unit: Smell deeply around the 2 rear air intake ports. Same chemical smell.

- Lid: Removed from unit. Smell lid itself deeply. Zero smell.

- Repeat deep breath through air intake, this time with lid off. Zero smell. This would seem to indicate that the polycarbonate? mouthpiece is not the culprit.

- Remove polycarbonate mouthpiece. Smell it deeply. No smell.

- Place lips directly to intake port on FF2 without mouthpiece. Breathe deeply with lid on. Same bad chemical smell.

OK, so all of this is enough to prove what smells and what doesn't. The chemical odor is clearly coming from the rear of the unit.

Now I turn it on, at default heat. I hold down the buttons, wait for the glow, and now repeat all the tests above. The smell is *much* amplified at the rear. A hot chemical very unpleasant smell, emanating from the rear of the unit. When I inhale as intended through the front, the odor is clearly in the vapor path.

Heat Issues
- I then held the buttons down for a while, to get how hot I could get the unit if I held the buttons down and how it would impacts smell. In any case, the whole unit got way hotter than I anticipated. Then I put it on Concentrate mode. Granted I was NOT inhaling through the unit, so it presumably could not cool down. That said it was so hot I had to take out the laser temp meter. It measured ~120F near the rear intake and 108-110F in other spots, and the red "too hot" light came on. I may take more heat measurements later. (During these tests, the odor was even more apparent). I checked their manual and they do say it is normal to get hot, and keep in mind I was NOT sucking air in at the time. I did not want to get this hot chemical air into my lungs, it was easy enough to smell this smell at the rear underside of the unit.

I am very disappointed for 2 reasons: For the high cost of the unit, I was hoping for a truly odor free unit. Secondly, because of the mostly glass path and lots of reports of great taste I had high hopes they had strived to achieve zero chemical odor.

I was disappointed to see the internals of the unit, posted on here a bit back. In those pictures, it was very clear the electronics were not cordoned off at all from the bowl. There was some speculation on here that if you breathed slowly enough and did not force any monster rips, that the correct vapor path from the rear would be maintained, and that air wouldn't leak in across the electronics from other directions. That may or may not be true but to me it is seemingly moot. Air traveling through the correct vapor path, from the rear inlets, with long controlled slow breaths, still has a chemical smell.

Air intake volume:
I was quite surprised at the small draw / low air intake volume. This is really a tiny sipper much more so than I thought. This could be a good thing or not. Again, cold, with no herbs, I took long slow breaths ranging from 10 seconds to 45 seconds. My comparison vaporizer is close to an antique now-- a still perfectly functioning 2004 model AromaZap square (so called "log" vape nowadays) with nylon stems. One of the reasons I bought this FF2 was because I wanted a less restricted draw than the AromaZap. I suspect that despite the AromaZap's tiny stems with their highly efficient 0.025g bowl, it might actually be more open draw than the FF2. In the future I will take comparison draw speed measurements. In any case, not terrible, just surprising.

Bowl:
- The Aromazap is conductive so you must remove it and try to finish the bowl relatively quickly, and also refill the bowl often. Whereas the FF2 offers 0.15g or 6x the bowl space with instant on/off, so I would prefer the FF2 strategy, so long as the instant on/off really worked well, which I hear it does. So as long as this is just as miserly/efficient as the AZ, and with less bowl refilling, I would be happy with the FF2.

At this point, I have not tested any herbs through the unit.

As for the smell, there is a fair chance that this smell will "go away" over time. What does that really mean though? My theory is when most people say this, is they just developed odor blindness, like being in the room with an air freshener. After a while, you simply don't smell the odor any more, but it is still there. I suspect the folks working at Harbor Freight, all day long, don't even smell the heavy chemical possibly plasticizer smell after a long days work. An even more interesting question for these employees would be do they smell it the next morning, or after a few days off, or have these receptors turned off?

At the time of this order, I had been considering the Cloud Evo, which I heard had next to no fumes, or perhaps the Volcano, which I hear only once in a while that it has a smell, or the Zion if it exists. In the end I decided to give the FF2 a whirl, because the vast majority of FF2 users wrote glowing reviews commending the cool and flavorful vapor.

There are really 3 reason I wanted an upgrade from the AromaZap
1) I wanted a bigger draw, but at first glance, I don't think this FF2 has one (I will test)
2) I wanted a bigger bowl, less refills. FF2 should be better
3) I was tired of a "wood smell" of the AZ. Although not unpleasant, and the AZ has no electronics odor, I wanted to try one of these newer vapes that supposedly has a clean zero taste from the vaporizer. The internet is abound with talks of how pure the taste is for the FF2, which is why I went for it.

I suspect that if I use some herb with the FF2, particularly very flavorful herbs, the terpene flavors will mostly or even all together overpower the chemical smell such that I may not be able to taste the chemicals any more.

Further, I suspect I may get smell blind to this particular smell/taste. I do not subscribe to the theory that strong initial chemical smells will get "aired out" or will "go away" over time. It suppose it could be interesting to determine further what the smell is with a take-apart with temperature probes on the board and chips while it was heating. But its of little consequence. They needed to really completely isolate the vapor path to avoid this chemical, plastic, or electronics smell, that is magnified once the unit is powered on, with no herb.

This turned out to be much longer than I thought. No so much a -brief- overview :-)

Last edited:

DarkSm0ke

Greetings folks.

At this point, I have not tested any herbs through the unit.

As for the smell, there is a fair chance that this smell will "go away" over time. What does that really mean though? My theory is when most people say this, is they just developed odor blindness, like being in the room with an air freshener. After a while, you simply don't smell the odor any more, but it is still there. I suspect the folks working at Harbor Freight, all day long, don't even smell the heavy chemical possibly plasticizer smell after a long days work. An even more interesting question for these employees would be do they smell it the next morning, or after a few days off, or have these receptors turned off?

At the time of this order, I had been considering the Cloud Evo, which I heard had next to no fumes, or perhaps the Volcano, which I hear only once in a while that it has a smell, or the Zion if it exists. In the end I decided to give the FF2 a whirl, because the vast majority of FF2 users wrote glowing reviews commending the cool and flavorful vapor.

There are really 3 reason I wanted an upgrade from the AromaZap
1) I wanted a bigger draw, but at first glance, I don't think this FF2 has one (I will test)
2) I wanted a bigger bowl, less refills. FF2 should be better
3) I was tired of a "wood smell" of the AZ. Although not unpleasant, and the AZ has no electronics odor, I wanted to try one of these newer vapes that supposedly has a clean zero taste from the vaporizer. The internet is abound with talks of how pure the taste is for the FF2, which is why I went for it.

I suspect that if I use some herb with the FF2, particularly very flavorful herbs, the terpene flavors will mostly or even all together overpower the chemical smell such that I may not be able to taste the chemicals any more.

Further, I suspect I may get smell blind to this particular smell/taste. I do not subscribe to the theory that strong initial chemical smells will get "aired out" or will "go away" over time. It suppose it could be interesting to determine further what the smell is with a take-apart with temperature probes on the board and chips while it was heating. But its of little consequence. They needed to really completely isolate the vapor path to avoid this chemical, plastic, or electronics smell, that is magnified once the unit is powered on, with no herb.

This turned out to be much longer than I thought. No so much a -brief- overview :-)

@huxley I hear you. You bring up plenty of valid points. I consider myself having a sensitive sense of smell also. I can smell most things first long before my GF can notice it. I doubt I am in your league of sensitivity though. Anyway I ordered a blue unit, but opted for black since it was available. I did smell that manufacturing smell from my FF2 when I received it. I opened the unit and left the cover off for a few hours. The first day or so my herb taste was really intense. I could taste the herb, but I also could taste something else. At first I though that the vape was so pure that I could taste imperfections in the herb, or maybe the flavor tasted off because the FF2 "magnified" it. I realized that it was some left over smell from the production. After the first day it went away. Trust me, my nose did not get acclimated to the production smell. I think the use of the unit just burned it off. Now my hits are super tasty with none of that artificial smell or taste. If you can work through the first day or so, I am sure you will get to a point where you can really enjoy the pure flavors this vape excels at.

murf2010

Is there really not any instruction booklet with this vaporizer??? No clue what to do here.

murf2010,

purplenurple24

@huxley, I can assure you that the smell will go away. I have a pretty good sense of smell and can assure you that I'm not "smell blind."

I've never experienced a situation where I couldn't smell something (especially if I was looking for said smell.) I will become acclimated to my surrounding aromas, but if I leave the area, I will be able to smell the scent upon return.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you are worried about it, send it back, I guess...
Is there really not any instruction booklet with this vaporizer??? No clue what to do h

Check the app or Firefly's website.

murf2010

Charging the ff2 up now! Unboxed and looks great! About to throw in some veganic strawberry cough.

murf2010,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I also have to believe that FF must know of this smell and deemed it "good enough" to ship. I suspect their thinking must be that the costs or manufacturing design issues required to make it completely odor proof would be large, either financially, or by increasing the units weight and size even further.
-)

Nonsense. Your specific unit issues notwithstanding, to accuse FF of maliciously shipping units they "knew" gave off a chemical odor from "the rear of the unit" is specious and wildly inaccurate. Yours is the first report I've heard of this odor coming from the body. I can assure you the FF folks, like all good vape manufacturers, are not pushing faulty units onto the public based on some economic calculation. You may indeed have a bad unit, but to extrapolate that to the rest of us (some of whom have used multiple units without the problems you describe) and assume mal-intent on the part of FF is just not credible. (Further, your analysis of the airpath is just flat-out wrong, but I'll let you read the rest of the thread since this has been beaten to death here already.)

I hope you contacted FF and gave them a shot at fixing your problem.

Things been charging for two hours. 45 mins my ass

You have to be using at least a 9 watt transformer to charge that quickly. FWIW I think it's more like an hour with >9 watts.

murf2010

Nonsense. Your specific unit issues notwithstanding, to accuse FF of maliciously shipping units they "knew" gave off a chemical odor from "the rear of the unit" is specious and wildly inaccurate. Yours is the first report I've heard of this odor coming from the body. I can assure you the FF folks, like all good vape manufacturers, are not pushing faulty units onto the public based on some economic calculation. You may indeed have a bad unit, but to extrapolate that to the rest of us (some of whom have used multiple units without the problems you describe) and assume mal-intent on the part of FF is just not credible. (Further, your analysis of the airpath is just flat-out wrong, but I'll let you read the rest of the thread since this has been beaten to death here already.)

I hope you contacted FF and gave them a shot at fixing your problem.

You have to be using at least a 9 watt transformer to charge that quickly. FWIW I think it's more like an hour with >9 watts.

Been using my old Motorola base from a cell phone. No clue how many watts it is. Charges everything else quick.

murf2010,

mmmmmtacos

Got my FF2 5 hours ago, here's my review. Going to try keep it as short and simple as possible.

Ordered from FF, black, preordered about 3 weeks ago.

Opening: No smell, device is surprisingly light when the battery is out. Time to charge. 35 minutes later, fully charged. (Used iPad charging block).

First session: Lemon Kush from local dispensary. Low setting, super smooth and cool, minimal but visible vapor. First hit I'm pretty sure I hear the whistle that some people have mentioned, I slow down when I hear it. Repeat x2. Bump heat up to Medium Low, more visible vapor otherwise same results. Repeat x2. Bump heat up to medium high. Realize I haven't stirred once, so I stir. Next hit is great, everything I hoped it would be. Even more visible vapor. Repeat x2.
(I take my hits for about 15-20 secs at a pace just below the "whistling noise)

2nd session: Grand Daddy Purple shatter from local dispensary.
First dab: 3/4 size of a grain of rice, flattened to look like a pancake. 7-10 Cigar puffs to melt it into the pad. Hit it until the green light shut off. Wow. Just as god as my Rig. Repeat the process, with about 4 dabs slowly increasing the size. Realized, less is more. FF2 was way better with the first 3 than the last two.

After that I stopped paying attention so much, (I'm already very pleased) and continued to use the device with ease.

Cleaning: super easy, took 90 seconds to wipe down the entire unit.

My vaping history:
Owner:
Vapor bros (8 years ago; owned it for 2 months)
FF2

User:
Volcano Digital
Arizer Extreme Q
Pax

I switched from combustion to vaping today and I'm no vaping expert, but the FF2 meet all my needs.Portability is huge, I want to be able to vape when I'm camping, and now I can do dabs by the camp fire. I'm eventually going to buy a plug-in unit, but this device will get me by for at least 8 months until I've saved enough to buy something like a volcano, or cloud Evo.

murf2010

Legit I'm getting worried. Can't believe how long this is taking to charge!! It's been almost 3 hours! I switched to a iPhone base a half hour ago. This is fucking annoying, was planning on taking this out tonight. Looks like a faulty unit.

Super frustrating. A lot of money for this device. I've already contacted ff. Hopefully this can be swapped out ASAP!!! What a disappointment

Last edited:
murf2010,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Legit I'm getting worried. Can't believe how long this is taking to charge!! It's been almost 3 hours! I switched to a iPhone base a half hour ago. This is fucking annoying, was planning on taking this out tonight. Looks like a faulty unit.

Super frustrating. A lot of money for this device. I've already contacted ff. Hopefully this can be swapped out ASAP!!! What a disappointment

A. Don't panic.
B. Try the other battery.
C. Check the battery level indicator. It may be nearly fully charged and fine to use.

I don't think slow charging is a sign of a faulty unit. It's more likely the speed of whatever USB block you are using.

Take it off the cradle, take a deep breath (literally!) and give the thing a test-drive. :2c:

mitchgo61,

Orrin1988

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster. I apologize in advance if this question is in the wrong place.

I have been reading about the FF2 for awhile. Looks very good, so I ordered one a week ago and I got my shipping confirmation on the 25th. I saw that they shipped out of Las Vegas and since I live in West Texas I was excited because I figured it would be here by Friday (today). Well when I go to track it today, all of a sudden the tracker says my vaporizer arrived in Fayetteville North Carolina. My initial thought was that it was some glitch on USPS' end, but then later on today I looked at again and it had arrived the Charlotte, NC.

Can anyone think of a reason my vaporizer would have to travel to NC before it could come to Texas? I am just flabbergasted. The USPS tracker also estimates that it was to arrive today, but that did not happen and I seriously doubt it is going to arrive tomorrow, having to come all the way from Charlotte which is about 20 hours away from where I live. I double checked the address I gave Firefly and it is correct.

BTW, I ordered directly from Firefly, a white one (if that matters).

Orrin1988,

murf2010

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster. I apologize in advance if this question is in the wrong place.

I have been reading about the FF2 for awhile. Looks very good, so I ordered one a week ago and I got my shipping confirmation on the 25th. I saw that they shipped out of Las Vegas and since I live in West Texas I was excited because I figured it would be here by Friday (today). Well when I go to track it today, all of a sudden the tracker says my vaporizer arrived in Fayetteville North Carolina. My initial thought was that it was some glitch on USPS' end, but then later on today I looked at again and it had arrived the Charlotte, NC.

Can anyone think of a reason my vaporizer would have to travel to NC before it could come to Texas? I am just flabbergasted. The USPS tracker also estimates that it was to arrive today, but that did not happen and I seriously doubt it is going to arrive tomorrow, having to come all the way from Charlotte which is about 20 hours away from where I live. I double checked the address I gave Firefly and it is correct.

BTW, I ordered directly from Firefly, a white one (if that matters).

This happens all the time with usps tracking. Ignore it

murf2010,

toked23

@toked23 I have a Pax 2 also, and yeah the ABV comes out a nice toasty brown. I have never gotten the ABV in my FF2 to get dark like that. It does get noticeably darker (and drier) after it is vaped, but not to the extent that it does in the Pax 2.

I usually hit my FF2 on medium high, stir after maybe 3 hits. When I am through I sometimes bump it up to high and I can get maybe a couple more hits but those hits usually lack much of the flavor as the previous ones. Do you ever try that?

I wouldn't suggest using concentrate setting to vape herb with. Pretty sure you run the risk of combustion :doh:

Yeah, even tried starting a little lower, like medium or maybe even the first setting. Did seem to work, from what I remember. Even when I don't seem to get a cloud per se, it still seems to work.

toked23,

huxley

@DarkSm0ke and @purplenurple24:

Thanks, sounds great, I hope that is the case, it very well might go away.

@mitchgo61 :

I am definitely --- NOT --- saying that FF is doing anything "malicious", nor that the units are "faulty", nor that FF has any "mal-intent".

I am not trying to rabble-rouse the forums, nor I am not trying to attack the company whatsoever. I have nothing but the deepest respect for everything FF has accomplished. It is a remarkable piece of technology, and remarkable marketing.

Every product is a series of compromises and design decisions, that is all. FF never claimed to have produced zero smell / nor absolutely no electronics smell product. Their site claims "freshest...satisfying", and "delicious" which is all subjective anyway. Terpenes may overpower any relatively small by comparison chemical smell.

My guess is that the product is operating properly within its specifications and this amount of smell is acceptable to FF. I doubt mine is broken but realize its possible. I'll see if it fades. Otherwise I will call to see if they want to provide a swap out.

Smell / taste is obviously variable. Some people can never smell/taste pesticides in their foods. Unfortunately, I can taste them all the time in some foods.

I have no doubt that others will end up confirming the location of the smell coming from the rear as I've described. Again, this is a unit untouched by herbs. The smell is not all consuming and powerful, so its likely any type of herb will mask it mostly or all out. But it is there to me, and more noticeable than I hoped for, which is why I was disappointed, but I still have a little hope it may go away, and if not, I will call about a swap out, but if it doesn't fade on the first unit, I suspect future units will smell the same-- to me.

colomarijuana

The first charge on my unit took longer than expected I was worried too, after a few hours it finally turned solid. Seems like it charges very fast now 30-45 mins and I see solid blue. Use a charger recommended in their manual.

Still using my FF2 every single day. Perfect for taking quick rips during loading screens on XB1 haha.

colomarijuana,
Reactions: mitchgo61

murf2010

This thing is finicky!

Why when I try to change temps does the red light blink???

Also i really expected the red glow to be bigger, can't barely see anything.

cloud production isn't a complaint at all haha people are crazy.

The buttons don't work at all. The right button only lights up my bowl, which never really glows.

the left one is unresponsive. The tap 3 times to see the battery blink doesn't work at all.

also this thing is getting super hot!

my gosh the bowl just lit up and i wasn't even pressing the buttons!!! I was messing with the app!

wtf is this thing!!!

Last edited:
murf2010,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I think it is sure. Some People wrote this message in this thread. Furthermore I got an email from Namaste, they expact the FF2 in the end of summer.

Namaste are trying to work something out for preorders. They told me they should find out next week, if they will get stock for preorders.

Otherwise it will be October. Fingers crossed

oddjobold,

thecurmudgeon

@DarkSm0ke and @purplenurple24:

Thanks, sounds great, I hope that is the case, it very well might go away.

@mitchgo61 :

I am definitely --- NOT --- saying that FF is doing anything "malicious", nor that the units are "faulty", nor that FF has any "mal-intent".

I am not trying to rabble-rouse the forums, nor I am not trying to attack the company whatsoever. I have nothing but the deepest respect for everything FF has accomplished. It is a remarkable piece of technology, and remarkable marketing.

Every product is a series of compromises and design decisions, that is all. FF never claimed to have produced zero smell / nor absolutely no electronics smell product. Their site claims "freshest...satisfying", and "delicious" which is all subjective anyway. Terpenes may overpower any relatively small by comparison chemical smell.

My guess is that the product is operating properly within its specifications and this amount of smell is acceptable to FF. I doubt mine is broken but realize its possible. I'll see if it fades. Otherwise I will call to see if they want to provide a swap out.

Smell / taste is obviously variable. Some people can never smell/taste pesticides in their foods. Unfortunately, I can taste them all the time in some foods.

I have no doubt that others will end up confirming the location of the smell coming from the rear as I've described. Again, this is a unit untouched by herbs. The smell is not all consuming and powerful, so its likely any type of herb will mask it mostly or all out. But it is there to me, and more noticeable than I hoped for, which is why I was disappointed, but I still have a little hope it may go away, and if not, I will call about a swap out, but if it doesn't fade on the first unit, I suspect future units will smell the same-- to me.

Many of us had weird smells at first, dissipated after a bit of use. Haven't seen any reports of it lasting.

Kermitt

Namaste are trying to work something out for preorders. They told me they should find out next week, if they will get stock for preorders.

Otherwise it will be October. Fingers crossed

I don't preordered yet. I could, but I don't like to spend my Money, and perhaps I have to wait till October. I am thinking about, buying the Grashopper, and wait for the FF 2.
Both are good devises in my opinion. Rather I like to have the FF2. It fits better to my habits. To go out, the Grasshopper will by the better choose. But mostly I am home. Thertefore the FF2 would by the better Device for me (cool Vape)

Above all, I don't now, if I have enough money left over for 2 units in this year, Hard decision :-(

Kermitt,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom