1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jvapour

jvapour Member

Weird. So we’re both on an iPhone but I’m on 1.33 and you’re on 3.27. I wonder what the difference is?

bloomin and Jill NYC like this.
  2. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Well-Known Member

The all black model has a different firmware version I thought? Could be that.

bloomin and Jill NYC like this.
  3. bloomin

bloomin Active Member

Yep, it's jet black, but it performs exactly the same as my white one According to Firefly, it's to do with a different chip, but that is the only difference, the firmware is the same.
    I can confirm that it definitely works the same !!

4. Steve600

Steve600 New Member

Did you guys check out the way this guy unclogs the firefly 2 screen. He does a pretty good job of explaining how stupid some of the cleaning ideas out there actually are. Obviously he isn't getting paid by firefly for a sweet review.
    Click to play YouTube Video

paso57, bloomin and antispleen like this.
  5. jvapour

jvapour Member

That’s a great video!

paso57 and antispleen like this.
  6. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

For those around when the FF2 came out...

What was the time difference between the release of the FF1 and the FF2? Did Firefly have an upgrade program for FF1 owners when the 2 was released?

Curious as to when and how the transition to a FF3 might be. Thx

7. jvapour

jvapour Member

Firefly 1 was available sometime in 2014 (not sure the exact date). Firefly 2 started shipping in March 2016. There was no upgrade program.

Jill NYC and dodgy_b like this.
  8. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

@dodgy_b
    I am pretty sure the FF OG came out in Dec of 2013. And as @jvapour said, the FF2 came out in Mar of 2016.
    So if they went with a similar timeline for the next version, it would be this summer.
    But they haven’t dropped the price on the FF2 yet, which would be a clear sign they were making room for a new version.

mitchgo61 and dodgy_b like this.
  9. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

You are correct. FF1 first shipped at the end of 2013.

10. flipjoe

flipjoe Well-Known Member

Just a little report after having the Firefly 1 & 2 for some years:
    Last batch of new batteries i bought wasn't working properly anymore after a couple of weeks of very light use. Both fireflies keep blinking red no matter which batteries i use. Sometimes i can get 2 hits from them but most of the time they won't work at all (blinking red).
    My first batch of batteries worked way longer. So i guess it might be the fireflies. Already had to send the ff1 in and got a new one a year ago.
    So all in all the experiences of me and my friends with the firefly are that it's not that long lasting. My mighty is way more reliable. It's a shame because i really like the flavor of the ff.
    Don't want to hate too much as i know that vaporizers in general have a short life expectation. Just wanted to share my experience.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:47 AM
    Jill NYC and sweetherb like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors