1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

Since I don’t like that kind of buzz I have no idea. I know I like the control the FF2 gives me to avoid a heavy body buzz. I’ve never used a conduction vape that had the same level of temp control for micro-doses. They all seem to overshoot where I want to be.

JCat, Pimpslapper and OldNewbie like this.
  2. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

I think we are on the same page!

Boden and OldNewbie like this.
  3. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Gonna get mine tom!! Very excited. Will the 2 year warranty from ff start once i turn on the unit?

JCat and vapen00b like this.
  4. peabreu

peabreu Member

Lately at 235Celcius am enjoying hash even better than on a dynavap...amazing. The only tuning I did is using a fine powder net from Storz and Bickel cut at correct size (used the concentrate pad as model) to avoid fine dust to clogh the holes...and perfect. Also use frequently a fine filtr of degumed hemp fiber on top...perfect.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    JCat, biohacker and vapen00b like this.
  5. biohacker

biohacker rosin nation

That's awesome! I've been contemplating picking up a VapCap just for hash but think this will be a much better option.

JCat likes this.
  6. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Just got my ff2!! Currently charging it right now, will the blue light stop blinking when it's fully charged?

JCat and Jill NYC like this.
  7. Pimpslapper

Yes!

JCat, Marley420 and Jill NYC like this.
  8. Marley420

Marley420 Member

What is the best temp for flowers?

9. Silveradio

Silveradio Active Member

I like the high setting of you guessed it 420 with a power tuning of 105. If I put a bud or piece of bud the size of the bowl and press it in there I get 3 hits, the flip bud and get 3 more and finally crumble it up and get 3to4 more hits. Also if it is me flying solo that is 3 seshes.

10. Pimpslapper

I start at 347 f/175c and got to MAX 383f/195c.
    Ideal range imo

Boden and JCat like this.
  11. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

@stickstones method (I call it) works every time for me. I flip after 2 . Use level 4 and then after crumble use level 5

stickstones likes this.
  12. Marley420

Marley420 Member

On the tutorial video of vapecritic he showed that you can tap the right sensor 3x to show the battery life. Mine isn't working. Did the latest update removed that?

Bamafan86 likes this.
  13. Silveradio

Silveradio Active Member

Mine still works. Sometimes the sensors are a little finicky. Or the FF2 just needs to be awakened.

Marley420 likes this.
  14. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

If your hands are really dry the capacitive touch sensors may not register the touch. Lotion is your friend.

Or as Silverado said it has a sleep mode. Touch both sensors or whatever you have set to fire it to wake it, then tap 3x.

15. Bamafan86

Bamafan86 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a jet black ff2 that should be here tomorrow. I can't wait! I already made a few dabs of rosin, and I'm picking up some fresh flowers tonight! Tonight is the last night I have to combust:D

Pimpslapper and Jill NYC like this.
  16. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

If you are serious to FC, you might take a rest today.

Bamafan86 likes this.
  17. Pimpslapper

So hash?
    In the concentrate pad or sandwich in bud?
    230c? Or which temp is best?

18. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I don't know how much "hash" you can run through a pad before it became so degraded you couldn't pull through. Even with a distillate with terpenes added (much less particulate), I'll pull a pad and try to clean it after a gram or so. I think you might have to go with the sandwich approach for results that won't require a lot of time cleaning, or a bit of money, buying new pads with regularity if you vape a hash with a lot of particulate.

Pimpslapper likes this.
  19. Pimpslapper

Ok thanks I just have a bit of Kief that I want to press and vape...

20. biohacker

biohacker rosin nation

Can anyone that uses concentrates and has both the FF2 and Mighty tell me if the FF2 does a better job in "concentrate mode"? Does the FF2 "overheat" often on concentrate mode? Never ever had the Mighty overheat, although my Crafty did so constantly.

21. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

I’ve never used my Mighty for concentrates (non-legal state, not as easy to find), but almost nothing but with my FF2. She definitely gets warm, but has only shut-off one time. For a concentrate sesh with the FF2 (just had one last evening), I start with a fresh batt and a cold device, load a small rice grain sized piece of product (using the pad of course), hit the heat, draw 5 or 6 quick puffs to bring the heat through the pad, stop for a few seconds, then reheat and do a deep lung pull, trying to go as long as the heater will stay before auto shut-off. I usually get another sesh or two out of the load the next day. Like I said many times before, an absolute flavor machine!

vapen00b, JCat and biohacker like this.
  22. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

No comparison IMHO ... the FF2 gets to a much higher temp and it shows as far as it's ability to extract concentrates efficiently and completely.

vapen00b and biohacker like this.
  23. biohacker

biohacker rosin nation

How much more restricted would you say the FF2 is in comparison? Twice?

JCat likes this.
  24. buckhakeesah

buckhakeesah Well-Known Member

About 2 or 3 times the restriction of the mighty. On concentrate mode prior to the latest firmware, I was only getting one session before overheating and needed a new battery charge or swap. Haven't tried it with the latest firmware yet. If youre a heavy user, I can see the screen/ bowl area getting gunked up fast, leading to constant cleaning. I usually clean after every session to keep things tidy. Its true about the taste and how well it works once its up to temp.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    JCat and biohacker like this.
  25. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

It’s a different technique. Think of sipping whine vs chugging beer. With the right draw the FF2 has very little restriction.

Take little sips of vapor, 10 second slow draws followed by a 10 second hold then exhale. Very little waste is exhaled that way.

Wait a bit enjoying the flavor. Repeat :D

If you’re in a hurry and want to exhale lots of waste vapor you may have issues with the FF2.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    vapen00b and biohacker like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors