Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcw919

yeah i start at 170 and go up 10 pretty much whenever i feel like it. also, has anyone else tried elbow packing the bag system? it worked out really well

jcw919,

cookie

Can someone point me in the direction of how to do the mod that makes the herb get hotter because it is closer?

cookie,

jcw919

do you mean elbow hits? For that what i do is put the dried herb into the dome shaped screen on the elbow joint and then use the back end of the stirring tool to press it into the screen. This also helps grind up the herb, exposing more surface area

jcw919,

cookie

No I wantto move the glass to the heating element. So the herb can get just a little bit hotter

cookie,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yo I'm pretty sure you gotta move the heating element closer to the top, not that I think this is necessary I can scorch the shit outa my herbs with no modification.

I usually cape around 200 then move it up with the whip I never go above 215 with the whip. Blowing bages I usually operate around 210-220. If I have no buds and I'm feelin grimy I grind that poopoo duffness up and pack the bowl and elbow of the bag full and blow a fat bag at like 235 and get pretty stoned.

If homies are over and there is plentiful herb I almost always pack the bowl and the shoulder screen cuz shit, why not....

This vapes the shit, I've filtered through a nice bong too with only ice, that was dope with the FAN on. Blowin bubbles in the little percolator and shit.

bluntfaced,

cookie

Well I'm not happy with how hot it is but if anyone knows how to get it closer to the top let me know!

cookie,

cookie

I just need to know how to move the heating element closer I do not need any tips on how to use it. Thank you tho.

cookie,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
cookie said:
I just need to know how to move the heating element closer I do not need any tips on how to use it. Thank you tho.
Cookie If you will read through the first few pages (6 or 7) I remeber there was someone who spoke of actually lowering or raising something that affected the temp (If I recall he was interested in getting the temp reading to be closer to the actual vape temp, which in turn allows you to increase the temp inside the bowl)

umpnum14,

umpnum14

cookie said:
thank you I remember I read about it some where thanks.
spyder said:
BINGO!!!!

cracked her open... moved glass down, which makes the heater stick out of the top of the glass (a little) which moves the heat further up into the bowl.

WOW!! :o
Post #286 Check with Spyder

umpnum14,

kerplonk

haha, Before you read this keep in mind im not trying to bash the Extreme or it's users. I have no doubt that it works great for lots of people, I've read tons of good reviews. I guess I'm just looking for opinions about what might be going wrong. It comes across as harsh in places but I'm not trying to bash, for all I know all vapes are like this.

I got mine today and started testing it after it was done burning off the gunk for 15 minutes. All of the following involves very nice ground herb. It usually takes me very little to get where I'm going with this herb.

At first I started at lower temperatures, but none of my exhales had any visible vapor at all. I cranked the thing up to max. temperature (260C/500F) and proceeded to try, try some more.

Well I started tasting the essence of the herb but still no visible vapor.

The next bowl I packed into the elbow and I got 1 hit with visible vapor, but it was nothing like the healthy vapor hits I've seen in all of the vaporizing videos I've seen. I kept sucking on the tube for what seemed like forever until I decided to pack more.

Again, one visible vapor hit and then just a slight taste of the herb for every other hit.

I sat there for a long time and I didn't even get the same effect that I'd normally get from 2 one-hitter bowls. I'm quite familiar with the herb I'm using and I am lifted by 2 one-hitter bowls of it.

I can get where I'm headed in less than 5 minutes with the one-hitter using the same herb. I don't get why after sitting there breathing through that tube for an hour I had less effect than 2 bowls in the one-hitter.

Also, yes, I was inhaling as slow as possible. Over the years I perfected the art of inhaling veeerrryyy slowly to extract extra thick results from other herbal implements. After a while I decided to try varying the inhale but no matter what, I wouldn't get a decent hit of vapor.

The nail in the coffin though was when I gave in and decided to combust some of the already vaped herb. I got lifted in minutes. I don't get it...

Random stuff I'm thinking:

The herb definitely comes out darker and crispier when it's done. It has a sort of a roasted smell to it but no charring.

The Cyclone bowl doesnt work for the small amounts I need of the good stuff I get. It just moves to the edges of the bowl and the air passes it by. That sucks. It's lame to have to pack the elbow.

Elbow packing gave me one lackluster vapor hit. No more discernable vapor after that, but the faintest of flavor.

Oh, and several years ago I had an Eterra. My significant other and I both found it to be completely inferior to combustion in every way. We tried for months to get that thing to work for us and we never experienced anything close to the effects we could get with combustion. It just felt like we could sit there forever sucking on the Eterra tasting the faint flavor of herb, and that's kinda what it feels like now with the V-Tower.

I'd really prefer not to be attached to a plastic tube for the evening. Are vaporizers just not for me or is there something I'm doing horribly wrong?

Thanks for your input!

kerplonk,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i use very little with the elbow pack method and can get over 10 visible vapor hits from it. i slow draw and don't use any fan assistance. gets me beyond where i wanna be every time. :ko:

illadelph,

jcw919

the first week i had it i got the same visable vapor results-nothing from the bowl, one visable vapor exhale on elbow hits-but i was definately getting the effects. Visabe vapor comes with practice. Have you tried bags? Turn it on fan speed 2 and let it fill up. Taking hits off of that should get u visable vapor. You should feel the effects, too

jcw919,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
kerplonk, I think you are doing many things wrong causing your outcome. First in my opinion you cannot vary the amount of herb you use in most vapes according to how good your weed is. Each vape has its own sweet spot of herb quantity and tightness of pack. Second forget loading the cyclone bowl, just use the elbow pack method. Load the elbow screen almost full and lightly pack it, suck on the whip now..there should be only slight resistance. The extreme is not a one hitter vape, load the elbow for a full session and you will get very good efficiency. Do you have pics of your ground herb so we can see the grind consistency?.

DeepFried,

kerplonk

Yeah you're right that I was packing it like a one-hitter. I just figured since it was supposed to be pretty efficient with herb that I could just pack the normal amount.

This isn't my image, but the grind is just a bit smaller than this:

asbsvics325.jpg

I'll try packing a full session at once and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the input everyone. :)

kerplonk,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Smoke better weed.

More THC, it's about getting high not getting a head rush from burning a bunch of shwaggg

bluntfaced,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
:rolleyes: wow

im sure hes using good weed if he gets high off of 2 small snaps. vaporizing will get you much higher..he just needs to fill a larger Extreme bowl to get those dense clouds :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

kerplonk

Alright, so I packed a lot more in the bowl and I got a really nice stone that was a lot more cerebral than I normally get with this herb. Not as much couch lock and a lot more laughter. The same for my significant other who usually gets really tired with this herb. I usually prefer a heavy indica type stone but this was definitely a nice change of pace.

We did go through a lot more than we would normally, but I just smoked some of the AVB and it's still potent. Oh and I also put it in the grinder to make it finer this time before vaping it.

So it seems more wasteful, but I've got these funky tasting toasty bits that still have a good kick to them. They don't seem to produce any more vapor though.

kerplonk,

Phocas

I have had my E for about 4 months and absolutely love it. What is this elbow method I am reading?? It works if you just fill the elbow dome and keep the cyclone empty? I always start my vape at 220 because I only put AAA+ in the 'E' Do you guys feel it is more efficient starting at a lower temp? I don't want to waste anything. I have way to much ABV I need to figure out something to do with it.

Phocas,

cookie

Make cookies with the butter. I saved all my duff until 4/20 and made some fire ass peanut butter cookies. They were well worth it.

cookie,

max

Out to lunch
What is this elbow method I am reading??
Packing the elbow screen instead of loading the bowl provides a bed of dense herb for the hot airstream to go through. You're heating more herb per hit for a more vapor rich hit.

max,

umpnum14

cookie said:
Make cookies with the butter. I saved all my duff until 4/20 and made some fire ass peanut butter cookies. They were well worth it.
i make cannabis capsules out of mine using coconut oil

umpnum14,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom