Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

glizitch

captain's log

stardate 5/17/2008

I have a few things worth noting....

I am pretty confident I have a first gen unit...

i primarily use it on 310C for the first bag and 315C for the second.. and then its done

well.. i got some real sticky shit ( and I'm not complaining!) and on the second bag set at 315C.. COMBUSTION... NO!!!!

i dont think ill try 315C anymore...

but then the second bag at 310C is just not as good..

Another weird occurrence, i left the bowl on to preheat earlier with the remote near it and when i came back from the other room the fan had been turned on... most definitely an interference issue... but still annoying cuz then the contents of the bowl shoot out everywhere..

And lastly, here is one AMAZING tip that everyone can enjoy....

What do you do when the phone rings, doorbell rings, nature calls, etc... to seal the bag?

Glad Press N Seal Wrap is PERFECT

just thought i would share

happy vaping to all!!

peace

glizitch,

glizitch

one more thing...

right after my last post...

i turned on the extreme and it had changed the preset temperature to 54C which is odd because when you add 5 degrees it makes 59C, 64C, and so on....

this is only remedied by using the remote and pressing a preset button like 310C....

ya think this could be interference too?

wacky little bugger....

peace

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Personally, I think you've got a defective unit and I think you shouold tell Steve everything that you've shared here. Hve you tried vping at 210C to see if you have a econd gen unit? Your combusting baffles me unless you have a second gen unit. I've never combusted and I was vaping at the top temp of 350C for a while.

I don't know about interference, but that could be happening depending on what is in your room with the Extreme. I guess that's gonna be the drawback to having a unit with a remote!

Rockwise mentioned something on here that I do that, although not why I do it, would keep the herb from blowing out when accidentally turned on. When I put the bowl on the unit for preheating I also put the elbow on the bowl with the bag attached to it (I almost always use the bag as opposed to the whip). I think this helps stop air from slowly passing over the herb while heating up, which could make it prematurely dry.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Glad Press n Seal... great idea, glizitch!

If you haven't seen it, basically it's a plastic film that sticks to itself and other surfaces when pressure is applied.

vtac,

specked

stickstones said:
Have you tried lower yet? Like 210C? 265C on the newer units sounds high.
Yes, I have tried 260 and it is okay ther, but any lower than that and it really isn't very good. I just made brownies this weekend from the vapor scraps I had been saving. That was a nice little bonus over the weekend.

specked,

mateo

I recently purchased an Extreme vaporizer and was stumped that it didn't produce vapor at 200 C but then after reading the forum someone recommended 335 C which i used for a while but before long it started leading to the bowl igniting while using the fan... well now i know something's wrong. that temperature is definately too high and i've found a temp of 190-310 C seems to work best........ FUCK COMBUSTION!!!!

- Get Real

mateo,

marcuss

above the clouds
welcome mateo.....if you recently purchased an Extreme probably it's a new model and you should start vaping at 200 and increase by 5 at once until you see a nice grey cloud in your bag(my spot is 250C)......we spent a lot of words about this issue in this thread...now relax and take your time to read it to avoid any fucking combustion!

enjoy vapor!

marcuss,

kevturtle

hi all!

I had my extreme for over a month already and I think I finally found the "optimal" temp. I set mine for 240 C and leave it on for 20 mins with the herb. The smoke is not as thick but just as potent. The plant matter afterwards is a shade of beige.

I find the end of the whip that is attached to the cyclone bowl to get hot at times. I find that this might do some harm to the plastic tubing and therefore can leach toxic fumes with my herb smoke. Is there a silicone tube we can purchase from Arizer? If not where can I find a silicone tubing?

kevturtle,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome Kevturtle! It sounds like you have one of the newer units...I've been using mine at 340C (probably the same as your 240C) for regs and am getting super thick hits!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OK...so I broke down and cleaned my old bong so I can hit the vape through ice. This is the same bong that got water in my bag, so I'm only going to use ice in it. It was SO worth it! The hits are smoother and don't hurt my throat...diggin it!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
kevturtle said:
I find the end of the whip that is attached to the cyclone bowl to get hot at times. I find that this might do some harm to the plastic tubing and therefore can leach toxic fumes with my herb smoke. Is there a silicone tube we can purchase from Arizer? If not where can I find a silicone tubing?
So what makes you sure that the manufacturer is using unsafe tubing and endangering your health? Have you measured the temp at the output of the elbow adapter? Do you know what the tubing properties are and what the danger temp is for that particular tubing? It is medical grade tubing, according to Steve. He seems really big on building a 'toxin free' vape. If a high grade tubing makes you feel safer, get some Tygon from usplastics.com. And it's not silicone. "Tygon Pharmed Tubing - Less permeable to gases and vapors than silicone."

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The tubing issue seems to come up a lot... I guess we vaporists are paranoid like that.

How hot is it getting? Is it becoming softer?

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Another question I've been meaning to ask... has anyone made custom balloons for use with the Extreme? You know, those huge 7 foot ones? Can it blow them up as well as the Volcano?

vtac,

bpz

The inner glass tube that is supposed to be INSIDE the Extreme, surrounding the heating element, keeps getting stuck to the bottom of the bowl when I try to pull it out. The whole glass tube comes out and something tells me that's not good.

The top of this thing is ground glass so that it meets with the bottom of the bowl, and the bottom of this thing just has some kind of tape wrapped around it. I'm guessing maybe there was supposed to be more tape which would have kept it more secure inside the Extreme?

Has this happened to anyone else? I plan on emailing Arizer direct soon enough, although it is a Friday night and I plan on vaping all weekend. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and/or if they know a solution.

bpz,

max

Out to lunch
The inner glass tube that is supposed to be INSIDE the Extreme, surrounding the heating element, keeps getting stuck to the bottom of the bowl when I try to pull it out. The whole glass tube comes out and something tells me that's not good.
I don't have the Extreme but did own a V-Tower. In some respects they're the same and this is one. When you remove the bowl, give it a little twist like you're unscrewing it and that should break the connection. Another help is to place the bowl gently instead of firmly.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
bpz said:

The top of this thing is ground glass so that it meets with the bottom of the bowl, and the bottom of this thing just has some kind of tape wrapped around it. I'm guessing maybe there was supposed to be more tape which would have kept it more secure inside the Extreme?

Has this happened to anyone else? I plan on emailing Arizer direct soon enough, although it is a Friday night and I plan on vaping all weekend. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and/or if they know a solution.
this never happened to me and i opened my two extreme to repair.
Inside the vape must be four screws that fix and make impossible to take out the inner tube.
Just call Steve and he'll give you a solution!

marcuss,

mookow69

Hello guys! I just ordered an Extreme, I was debating between it or an aromed. I needed to get a vaporizer that heats up quickly for portability's sake (my Volcano Classic takes too long :o ).
I currently own a V-Tower (bought used from ebay for $30), which ultimately helped my decision.

I bought a Vapor Oxygen mini recently, but it had a horrible smell, and I could not imagine it ever going away. I have owned a vapir one v4 (which lasted a long time for me, so I bought it with those expectations). I put it up on ebay and sold it to get money to buy an Arizer.

I hope it arrives soon!

mookow69,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
mookow69 said:
Hello guys! I just ordered an Extreme, I was debating between it or an aromed. I needed to get a vaporizer that heats up quickly for portability's sake (my Volcano Classic takes too long :o ).
I currently own a V-Tower (bought used from ebay for $30), which ultimately helped my decision.

I bought a Vapor Oxygen mini recently, but it had a horrible smell, and I could not imagine it ever going away. I have owned a vapir one v4 (which lasted a long time for me, so I bought it with those expectations). I put it up on ebay and sold it to get money to buy an Arizer.

I hope it arrives soon!
hi mookow,
welcome on FC , I'm sure that if you love the v-tower you'll fall in love with the extreme!!!

Clear_Dome,

djelimon

I bought a Vapor Oxygen mini recently, but it had a horrible smell, and I could not imagine it ever going away
You have to heat it high for maybe 20 minutes to get rid of some packing oils. It does go away, but it's not as good as glass.

djelimon,

marcuss

above the clouds
the extreme wins on the aromed for his flexibility!
They are both good vape but aromed is less stealth and only wiph method!
Good choice man!

marcuss,

GreenFiend

I've also come to find that I have a second Gen Extreme and optimal temp is about 240. Im actually going to be trying a balloon mod tonight:D so I'll have to check back in after Im done fabricating and breaking it in.

GreenFiend,

spyder

How do I tell what generation I have? I just got it and it doesn't go past 250* C

everything I read states I need to be up around 350

Help!

spyder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi spyder, welcome on Fc.....you probably have the new version ....try around 200c

Clear_Dome,

spyder

I can't get a good thick vap from it?? direct or bag

even at 250...

i get a better vap off my $50 box...

or a heat gun and my bong

I'm confused...

spyder,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom