Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Looks like a sticky situation. Kinda like when my buddy cooked pop onto mine. The ring happens because that is where the heater cover and the bowl seal. Maybe you had something on the bowl when u put it on? Maybe something else inside fried? Any news?

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
We'll have to keep our eyes on this! First thing I do after a Q session is hit the heater with a blast of compressed air.

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

I have never had any issues with the unit getting clogged. Other than cleaning elbow screens and the bowl and whip now and then, my extreme and E Q have been basically maintenance free.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
I have never had any issues with the unit getting clogged. Other than cleaning elbow screens and the bowl and whip now and then, my extreme and E Q have been basically maintenance free.
Mine have too. But I usually find a residual amount of ABV on top of the heating element after removing the Cyclone and blast it with air.
I really got my Cyclone bowl routine down now. I'm getting 5-6 hits per .10g and the ABV is an even colored brown. :cool:

Pappy,

minuteman420

So I emailed some pictures to arizer. They took a look at it and concluded that it wasn't the kief, but something got caught between the heater cover and the bowl when i put the bowl down. I looked all over my room and indeed I am missing this little rubber thing (I don't even know how to describe what it is).

Basically for 26$ Arizer will be sending me a heater cover replacement, which will arrive within the week. It took about 5 minutes to open up the unit (I wanted to see if i could do it). Seems like it will be a very very easy replacement.

Great service on arizer's part, big fuckup on my part.

minuteman420,

jennyr

Hi guys,

This is my first post. I am thinking of buying the extreme vap and I know that when using the balloons you have to stop the air from getting out with your finger. I have seen a balloon kit that they are selling which contains glassmouths with "O" Rings. Do these work as a valve so that you don't have to use your finger?

thanks

jennyr,

Mr. Smoke No More

Im pretty sure the O rings are to hold the bag to the mouth piece. I only cover the bag before the first hit, after that there isnt much pressure in the bag and not much vapour escapes.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Vapor Duff

I finally got my glass heater replacement part from the good people at Vape World. However, I'm having a bit of trouble removing the leftover glass shards from the unit. While the majority of the heater broke off, there's still about 3 inches of glass that I can't reach to remove. Any suggestions?

Vapor Duff,

Vapor Duff

Well, I finally got the glass piece removed, replaced the glass cover, and it seemed like everything was going OK. Before I reassembled my vape, I decided to see if it was going to work. I plugged it up, however, I discovered several things wrong.

1. The black cap that goes over the glass heater, while sitting as far down as possible, is too short for the cyclone bowl to sit all the way on the heater. I put the bowl on the heater, and it just teeters side to side instead of sitting firmly on the heater.

2. The fan stopped working.

3. The heater is giving off the smell of something burning.

...I think I messed up. And now I have to go to work. FUCK!

Vapor Duff,

Mr. Smoke No More

Ah geeze. What black cap goes over the cover? maybe the heater cover u got fits similarly to the Q...the bowl kinda jiggles a bit, but it does indeed make a full seal still. Fan stopped working?? u sure u put the wires in the right spots.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Fuck, now my heater cover breaks on me mid sesh last night. Was so wierd. All of a sudden there was a kinda wierd taste, like soap or something. I said "damn, i aint never tasted no dutch treat like that b4..." so i tried to turn the fan on to see if i could blow the smell out to check it out. No fan on any speeds, tried about 3 times over about 30 secs. About to call it a night, i tried one last time and the fan worked and the smell had disapeared. Now im weirded out, but think i got a chance at finishing the sesh. Let the unit sit for 15 mins or so to make sure no smell comes back and things are ok. I go to do one last check of the fan and i hear a small clink. So i turned it off let it cool down and opened it up. Turn out the bottom of the heater cover was cracked, and i think small glass chips were falling down into the fan. Either way, got it all cleaned up, old cover is in the garbage and my Q is outta comish till the new cover comes, fuck wheres my launch box when i need it!

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Fuck, now my heater cover breaks on me mid sesh last night. Was so wierd. All of a sudden there was a kinda wierd taste, like soap or something. I said "damn, i aint never tasted no dutch treat like that b4..." so i tried to turn the fan on to see if i could blow the smell out to check it out. No fan on any speeds, tried about 3 times over about 30 secs. About to call it a night, i tried one last time and the fan worked and the smell had disapeared. Now im weirded out, but think i got a chance at finishing the sesh. Let the unit sit for 15 mins or so to make sure no smell comes back and things are ok. I go to do one last check of the fan and i hear a small clink. So i turned it off let it cool down and opened it up. Turn out the bottom of the heater cover was cracked, and i think small glass chips were falling down into the fan. Either way, got it all cleaned up, old cover is in the garbage and my Q is outta comish till the new cover comes, fuck wheres my launch box when i need it!
Gosh, Mr Smoke, so sorry. What's going on? Mercury must be in retrograde because all the machines are breaking!

Pappy,

Vapor Duff

Wow, Mr. Smoke No More. I must have jinxed you or something (or someone else is jinxing all of us :uhoh: ). Anyway, I worked on my unit a little bit last night. I got the heater attached and such, though I left the cover off just in case. I also completely ruined my last insulation tube (the broken glass cut it to shreds), so I hope the rope-like cover that came with the replacement piece is supposed to serve as an alternative insulation tube.

After replacing the cover, I'm still having problems with my unit. So I sent Kevin an e-mail last night:

Hey Kevin. I sent you an e-mail a few weeks ago regarding my dead power brick. While your service was helpful, I have yet another problem.

Earlier this week, I was using my Extreme, and after I was done, I went to remove the cyclone bowl, only to pull off a chunk of the glass heater cover.

I then acquired a replacement glass heater cover, and made an attempt to replace the glass. After an hour or so, I managed to replace the unit. However, the unit is acting differently. The fan is giving off a loud grinding/whining sound, and even on the lowest setting, it sounds twice as loud as the normal 3rd fan setting. Just to make sure it wasn't anything obstructing the fan, I used air-duster to remove anything that may be blocking the airflow, only to no avail. Also, air is coming out of the whole where the wires exit the back of the unit (which I'm not for sure is a problem, but is worth pointing out). I've also noticed that a smell comparable to a hot glue gun is coming from the unit. While it did have a light stench before, it is unbearably nauseating now.

In the past three weeks, I've spent $70+ on replacement parts, and I'm growing a little tired of my vape continuously breaking. If you could get back to me ASAP, it would be appreciated.

I haven't got a response yet, but hopefully, I'll get some helpful advice later today on how to proceed.

Vapor Duff,

Mr. Smoke No More

Ya i would be careful with it, u dont want to have to get a whole new unit. I know on the Q the insulation pieces are vary important as the heater cover is held in place by a hard plastic cover, which may start to melt or something if in direct contact with the heater. Maybe u should just send it to arizer for repairs? good luck. Tell us what rockwise says. I take it u are in canada also?

Ya its just my luck i guess, days b4 my launch box gets here. I was wondering if my past incident had anything to do with this, but the cover broke where no pop was ever on it, and it has been running fine for the last 3 weeks or so since then. Also the unit hadnt been moved or anything significant in the last few days. Hopefully arizer gets back to me ASAP.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Perhaps we should change the name of this thread to "Arizer Infirmary"? Good luck to you both. It pains me.

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Lol, it is funny that thats all thats on the last 2 pages.

To anyone new, this isnt a terrible reoccuring problem, don't be afraid. I love my extreme (Q) and im dying because its not working right now. I think most people get a Q now-a-days anyways, so prolly not too many new people in this thread. Fuck i think i make less sense when im not high. I got to go find something constructive to pass time.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Vapor Duff

Mr. Smoke No More said:
I take it u are in canada also?
Nope. I reside in the US. I do want to take a trip up to Canada, eventually. However, I live a good 1,800 miles from the border.

I also agree with Mr. Smoke No More. It's a really reliable vaporizer, and I didn't start having problems until 16 months after I originally purchased it. If t shouldn't stop you from picking one up, but at the same time, I would definately suggest the Q, because it looks more sturdy and reliable overall. I'm definately going to be more careful with the glass for now on.

Anyway, I got a response from Arizer:

Hello "Vapor Duff,"

I am sorry to hear you have experienced this problem with your vaporizer. Something on the circuit board may have been accidentally damaged while you were replacing the glass heater cover. There's 2 lead wires on the circuit board on a cushion mount, if one of them is knocked loose you'll experience problems like you're having.

We will get you up and running if you can send us your vaporizer. We'll repair or replace it and return it via Express Post. If you're asked to give your parcel a value put $10.00 on it, reason for shipping: Repair. Please do your best to clean up your vaporizer and package your parcel appropriately for shipping. ***Please Note: When sending your unit back NOT to ship via UPS or FEDEX - only ship via postal service (US Postal Service or Canada Post). Our address is below:

Arizer Tech
891 GUELPH STREET
Door #1, Unit #223
KITCHENER, ON
N2H 5Z2 Canada

IMPORTANT: Please let me know when you mail your unit so I can make a work order for your repair unit coming in.

With the return please include:

the unit, the remote control, and power adapter (do NOT send any of the other glass parts with it)

a copy of our email correspondence stating the problem you are having

your return mailing address and email address inside the box with your unit for repair

Your order will be returned to:

Needless to say, I'm really impressed with the way they treat their customers. I'm starting to get my unit ready for transport, which means cleaning any of the collected crap (should be tedious) and getting a box and bubble wrap. Hopefully, I'll be up and vaping in a few weeks. At least I have my Vapor Genie to keep me company in the mean time (although I'm really interested in acquiring a Launch Box, since I go through lighters like crazy).

Edit: Just shipped it. Since it was being shipped to Canada, I had to write what was being shipped. I put "Oil Diffuser," but in hindsight, I should have written "Hot Air Machine." I cleaned my unit fairly well, but I'm a little nervous about any leftover goodies that might be trapped in some of the crevices. Hopefully, there will be no problems, but I can't help but feel a tinge of paranoia, since my return address is written on the box. Can anyone set my mind at ease regarding this?

Vapor Duff,

x-sploit

if you don't have an extreme q v4 i suggest you get one, not the cheaper or older versions the NEW one.

and Vapor Duff the worst is that you have no more Vape lol

x-sploit,

Mr. Smoke No More

x-sploit said:
...and Vapor Duff the worst is that you have no more Vape lol

I feel that. Got my heater cover today so im back in action but i promise ill never be stuck without vape again.

Mr. Smoke No More,

wolf torn

the LB will be right by your side at all time soon enough

wrong thread but had to say it

wolf torn,

Vapor Duff

Well, I'm still waiting on my unit to be returned. The only thing that worries me right now is when I check the status of my package, it just says "Accepted," from when I mailed it last Friday. I haven't heard on whether it made it to Canada, or where the hell it's at (which when I send/order packages, I usually have an update by now on where it's at). I'll give it until next Wednesday before I start to freak out. I don't want my unit to be "lost in the mail," or some other bullshit.

However, I've taken a little break from vaping, so hopefully when/if I get it back, I will be extremely "happy." :ko:

Vapor Duff,

Mr. Smoke No More

VD i hear ya, i got some launch boxes coming from cali to canada. Been in customs since monday (4 days), and it said "accepted" by currier for like 3 days b4 that. Hang in there....

Mr. Smoke No More,

Vapor Duff

Yay! I just got a notice via email that I'm getting a brand new unit! I sure hope it's a Q version, but if it's a v3, I won't complain. It's in Kitchener, Ontario, so it should be here in three days. :cool:

Edit: It's here (v3)! I'm back in business!

Vapor Duff,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom