The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
my ddave mod kit came the same day as the cover replacement.
With so few words, a tale as sad as any!

I hope Arizer will stand behind their product and help!

DDave kit incoming! Thanks for throwing the package together bro, can’t wait to see how this thing rips for real.......
My friend, gladly! (And I can really say that with meaning, as the pieces in the kit I designed to also use myself!)

Went modular with the kit and now it's so easy to switch between whip, water pipe, balloon inflation, or directly draw from the EQ like a log... and all retain the same mod specs that bring the enhanced performance and economy the kits are known for.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Treeburner

Today I loaded up my EQ with DDave mod bag adapter at my usual 200C but suddenly the EQ seems to be overheating because the bud combusted! I figured it was a fluke and changed the screen, but I just loaded a bag of hemp bud for my wife and it was also overheated! Is there a way to recalibrate the heating or something else I should look at before I look into buying a new unit?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Today I loaded up my EQ with DDave mod bag adapter at my usual 200C but suddenly the EQ seems to be overheating because the bud combusted! I figured it was a fluke and changed the screen, but I just loaded a bag of hemp bud for my wife and it was also overheated! Is there a way to recalibrate the heating or something else I should look at before I look into buying a new unit?
Greetings @Treeburner
One of the most frequent causes I'm aware of for sudden, repeatable combustion events when using temp/fan settings that were previously successful is a buildup of "material" in the EQ internals.

If you invert and give it a little shake, does anything fall out? (Or worse, noticeably rattle?)

Floydian

unfortunatly Vaposhop doesnt have the DDave-mod , is there an other place where they sell it and where i can pay with my bankcard? (it is called pinpas in Holland, and i can pay basicly everywhere online with it)

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Although I've been enjoying the amazing Extreme-Q for almost a year now, I haven't really contributed in this thread.
As a matter of fact, EQ has been my 1st desktop vaporizer and one of the 1st things that I managed to have handy was the @DDave mod for it.. This actually makes this amazing vape available for micro-dosing and personal use.. The amount of erb and the vapor production along with the effects really blows your mind away!!
Even for company use, the mod does its job more than fine.. Anyone that is on the verge of buying EQ, make sure you grab the mod as well.. it's probably the most vfm spent for it.. the green you'll save from wasting will be of no comparison to the cost of the mod itself..

Happy vaping guys n'gals.. :science::brow::sherlock::peace:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey all, first time posting but I've lurked on and off for a couple of years. A few months ago I found this thread and have been addicted to it. I've read from page 400 and am working on the rest lol!

Thanks to a number of contributers to this thread, @DDave @CuckFumbustion @kellya86 @ataxian @Madri-Gal and others, my understanding and love of vaporising have improved 100 fold. For this I will be eternally grateful. :rockon::bowdown:

I've had my eq for over 6 years, and up until I found this thread my experience with this device have been fun but not especially efficient or effective. I had heard of elbow packing, tried it a couple of times with little success and gave up, stuck to filing bags with the cyclone bowl. It got used reasonably infrequently, and only when I felt I had plenty of herb.

I am from the UK, which means for me, smoking always involved tobacco. not so long ago, I got a strong desire to cut down on my tobacco intake, so I dusted off the eq, bought a vapcap, and did a crap load of reading which brought me here. I'm still fighting with my tobacco addiction but it's getting much better, in no small part down to this forum.

After reading, experimenting, reading more, experimenting more I got pretty good with the stock cyclone bowl. I removed the central ring from one which improved airflow. I played with loads of packing styles and grinds and finally mastered elbow packing.

I used the stock mini whip, hooked up a silicone tube to the balloon adapter, and fashioned a flexible water tool adapter at the other end with some double layered silicone tube over an airizer mouthpiece. I got a little water piece, pushed my home made adapter in, and took a few rips.... hmmm... smooth... let's try increasing the temp for the next bowl... wow! this is a game changer for me. I am quite sensitive to vapour but this allowed me to get a more sedative effect, from higher temps, without the same level of discomfort. perfect to help me treat my sleep disorder.

Meanwhile, reading how this ddave mod changes the eq I couldn't resist ordering a @DDave complete kit (V3, before the latest accessories were released) to be despatched across the great oceans to dear old blighty, and the fun starts again....

I'm guessing I'm pretty close to the post length limit so I'll be back with my thoughts on the ddave kit. Suffice to say, stock definitely doesn't rock! :rockon:

Edit:
@Floydian go direct to ddavemods.com. if he can help with payment methods I'm sure he will

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hey all, first time posting but I've lurked on and off for a couple of years. A few months ago I found this thread and have been addicted to it. I've read from page 400 and am working on the rest lol!

Thanks to a number of contributers to this thread, @DDave @CuckFumbustion @kellya86 @ataxian @Madri-Gal and others, my understanding and love of vaporising have improved 100 fold. For this I will be eternally grateful. :rockon::bowdown:

I've had my eq for over 6 years, and up until I found this thread my experience with this device have been fun but not especially efficient or effective. I had heard of elbow packing, tried it a couple of times with little success and gave up, stuck to filing bags with the cyclone bowl. It got used reasonably infrequently, and only when I felt I had plenty of herb.

I am from the UK, which means for me, smoking always involved tobacco. not so long ago, I got a strong desire to cut down on my tobacco intake, so I dusted off the eq, bought a vapcap, and did a crap load of reading which brought me here. I'm still fighting with my tobacco addiction but it's getting much better, in no small part down to this forum.

After reading, experimenting, reading more, experimenting more I got pretty good with the stock cyclone bowl. I removed the central ring from one which improved airflow. I played with loads of packing styles and grinds and finally mastered elbow packing.

I used the stock mini whip, hooked up a silicone tube to the balloon adapter, and fashioned a flexible water tool adapter at the other end with some double layered silicone tube over an airizer mouthpiece. I got a little water piece, pushed my home made adapter in, and took a few rips.... hmmm... smooth... let's try increasing the temp for the next bowl... wow! this is a game changer for me. I am quite sensitive to vapour but this allowed me to get a more sedative effect, from higher temps, without the same level of discomfort. perfect to help me treat my sleep disorder.

Meanwhile, reading how this ddave mod changes the eq I couldn't resist ordering a @DDave complete kit (V3, before the latest accessories were released) to be despatched across the great oceans to dear old blighty, and the fun starts again....

I'm guessing I'm pretty close to the post length limit so I'll be back with my thoughts on the ddave kit. Suffice to say, stock definitely doesn't rock! :rockon:

Edit:
@Floydian go direct to ddavemods.com. if he can help with payment methods I'm sure he will
@Cheebsy, I'm so pleased you are loving your EQ. With @DDave mods, you have a powerhouse.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Edit:
The Q is a pretty decent unit!
The @DDave kit is a luxurious addition 4-sure!

Treeburner

Greetings @Treeburner
One of the most frequent causes I'm aware of for sudden, repeatable combustion events when using temp/fan settings that were previously successful is a buildup of "material" in the EQ internals.

If you invert and give it a little shake, does anything fall out? (Or worse, noticeably rattle?)

No there is no material falling out when tipped and it doesn't rattle or anything. It has actually been behaving since, I'm just being careful not to preheat the herb for too long. My current herb is really dry so it turns to powder easily, maybe I just had a clog that caused a buildup of heat or something, hoping it stays this way as I've been loving the @DDave bag adapter!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
No there is no material falling out when tipped and it doesn't rattle or anything. It has actually been behaving since, I'm just being careful not to preheat the herb for too long. My current herb is really dry so it turns to powder easily, maybe I just had a clog that caused a buildup of heat or something, hoping it stays this way as I've been loving the @DDave bag adapter!
Glad to hear the combusting has subsided, but have a question. Why preheat the herb?

Favor, please try one bag inflation with preheated adapter only. Load the herb just before inflating the bag.

At a minimum, it will probably stop the combustion events and hopefully you'll notice a far better flavor.
Preheating the herb is a definite option for a huge initial hit, but it's a flavor killer of epic proportions.

Enjoy my friend!

readyman

Had some fun took whip and glass adapters hooked up to a Calyx water bubbler from my Evo and filled elbow basket with flower kief and crumble and paced firm but not hard set temp at 350f and turned fan on low WOW some awesome powerfull mild tasting hits to me that is the Fun part of trying different ways on the Eq the Evo has its place but overall the Eq is more Fun experimenting at least for me Everyone have a Great Day

Treeburner

Glad to hear the combusting has subsided, but have a question. Why preheat the herb?

Favor, please try one bag inflation with preheated adapter only. Load the herb just before inflating the bag.

At a minimum, it will probably stop the combustion events and hopefully you'll notice a far better flavor.
Preheating the herb is a definite option for a huge initial hit, but it's a flavor killer of epic proportions.

Enjoy my friend!

I've been preheating the unit and adapter for 10 minutes, inserting ground herb in adapter then heating for 3 minutes before inflating. If I start the fan immediately after inserting herb the vapor production is very weak and there's a large amount of unvaped bud once the bag is full. I've also tried packing the elbow instead of the adapter and that results in even worse vapor production.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
If you can, give the eq, adapter, and wand a longer heat soak. If you are short on time you can increase the temp beyond where you want to vape, insert all the glass pieces, and run the fan for a few mins after the unit has reached temp. Turn the fan off, and be careful touching the wand, it can get quite toasty doing this. Reduce temps to where you want them, load a basket or the adapter, and let it rip.

My eq is plugged in 100%. It gets turned on in the morning, and, mostly gets turned off when I go to sleep. The unit uses 50w getting up to temperature, then sits at about 10w the rest of the time. So it's roughly equivalent to an LED lightbulb or 2. IMO, very reasonable to leave ready too go at all times.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've also tried packing the elbow instead of the adapter and that results in even worse vapor production.
I wouldn't elbow pack for bag inflations. A key to a good bag inflation is open airflow, elbow packing creates restriction that the internal fan of the EQ is not robust enough to overcome.

If I start the fan immediately after inserting herb the vapor production is very weak and there's a large amount of unvaped bud once the bag is full.
I don't have the same results from my EQ what I do the same.
I'd advise further investigation into airpath restrictions, starting with your screens. Try using all new or clean the ones you have and give it another go.

My bags start filling with more dense vapor about 2-3 seconds after firing up the fan.

Newusser

Hi.

I'm looking purchase this vaporizer. I found a place selling an open box one for $95, however someone mentioned this was on Amazon for $107

I could not find the link at all.

Any recommendations on purchasing or should I wait for Black Friday?

Also, does DDave run BF deals?

Thank you!

Mkschrr

Hi.

I'm looking purchase this vaporizer. I found a place selling an open box one for $95, however someone mentioned this was on Amazon for $107

I could not find the link at all.

Any recommendations on purchasing or should I wait for Black Friday?

Also, does DDave run BF deals?

Thank you!
I think I'm the one that got the EQ for $107 on Amazon. It was listed with aromatherapy devices but I can't find it now!! Most places sell it for around 150 with free shipping and a freebie or two. There is obviously room for the price to move

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I'm in EU and looking at an Extreme Q. Couple questions.

Any equivalent or even seller that has DDave kits here in Eu?

From what I know, there are different versions of the Eq? What's the diff?
Mostly deciding between plenty and Q. Anyone wanna chime in? Thank! Will mostly b for group sessions

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

readyman

Plenty vs extreme q The Plenty is a Beast with lots of power and Big bowl the q is alot of fun bag whip fan you can try it all and if you want more power for hits buy a DDaves mod thats my 2 cents

BestBuds

The Dude
Any equivalent or even seller that has DDave kits here in Eu?
I am not sure about DDave kits in the EU but his kits are made of pieces that can be bought on Dhgate or similar seller. He would be the better man to tell you, he might even help you figure it out if he doesn't offer shipping to EU.

I Love the EQ for groups. You can find a 4 way whip attachment on Dhgate. So you have 4 whips coming off a big herb bowl like a hookah.

The different extreme Q you are referring to might be the V-tower. The difference is the V-tower has no fan for bags. Between the V-tower and the plenty I would go for the plenty. But if you want bags then you're back on the EQ

Imo: Volcano hybrid is a Plenty with bag capabilities, just as the Extreme Q is a V-tower with bag capabilities

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I am in the UK and I looked hard for a ddave equivalent from Europe and couldn't find anything that was really comparable. Sure I could get a similar 18/18 FF adapter but it was expensive in comparison to Ddave's and didn't come with a screen, pretty alone a collection of spares. The 18mm wand I found was also expensive and I would still have had to source the other pieces.

IMO the kits ddave offers represent exceptional value. His package arrived quickly and in perfect condition. And I've not touched on user experience yet, but you know how many people love it!

BestBuds

The Dude
Are the arizer portables as good of vapor and strength as the extreme q
As good? :sherlock: Hmmmm.....
I think the flavor is a little more conduction tasting in the Solo2/Air2 versus the EQ. Different for sure, but as good? That's very subjective, but not in my opinion. I don't love conduction vapes because there is a hint of swamp that I abhor. That might just be me tho...:freak: :2c:

BestBuds,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom