The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

BestBuds

The Dude
My EQ finally has arrived! I just did the initial burn off, any tips before my first session? Ideal temperatures/tricks for efficiency (until I get ddaves mod) or any other tips and tricks?

I'll be posting my review either tonight or tomorrow.
I assume you have more than one hurricane bowl. Take one hurricane bowl, get a thick glove or hand towel, go outside, pop out the screen, and use a long screw driver to slowly chip out the inside glass ring. Leave a little ridge if you can. Make sure there are no loose bits and give it a good rinse with some swift running water. Dry it off, pop the screen back in and now you can see how much air restriction you just opened up by comparing the two.
Enjoy! :tup::leaf:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My EQ finally has arrived! I just did the initial burn off, any tips before my first session? Ideal temperatures/tricks for efficiency (until I get ddaves mod) or any other tips and tricks?

I'll be posting my review either tonight or tomorrow.
There is no greater tip for the EQ than to preheat the cyclone bowl at desired temps 10 mins before vaping. (Only the bowl, never preheat the herb unless you're a huge fan of overcooked popcorn flavors).

Enjoy!

Lukiita

Haha

Im so exciting for MegAdapter (already best name)
I must say..some of May CBD is dark brown, some is almost still green. Its not evenly vaporized at all. And im not doing it wrong I think. Mixing it in between, vaping from 200 to 230°degree. Quote disappointed, getting like 3 hits until popcorn taste..right now im feeling Smoking would be more efficient.
Still too stubborn to go back to smoking
... Hope MegAdapter will be nice In think so :) its also very nice to vaporize normal herbs like lavendula, peppermint and so in :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Oh Jeez... :ninja: That bad, huh? :doh::lol:
No way! They have Tornado Water Pipes, why not Hurricane Bowls!!!!

Im so exciting for MegAdapter (already best name)
I must say..some of May CBD is dark brown, some is almost still green. Its not evenly vaporized at all. And im not doing it wrong I think. Mixing it in between, vaping from 200 to 230°degree. Quote disappointed, getting like 3 hits until popcorn taste..right now im feeling Smoking would be more efficient.
Still too stubborn to go back to smoking
... Hope MegAdapter will be nice In think so :) its also very nice to vaporize normal herbs like lavendula, peppermint and so in :)

You're going to love it!
Start out with 50% volumetric capacity, then work up or down from there.
Use a medium grind to begin, if possible. You've got a lot of product in there and we need air paths so the hot air can work its magic.

Enjoy!

Lukiita

No way! They have Tornado Water Pipes, why not Hurricane Bowls!!!!

You're going to love it!
Start out with 50% volumetric capacity, then work up or down from there.
Use a medium grind to begin, if possible. You've got a lot of product in there and we need air paths so the hot air can work its magic.

Enjoy!
I hope so very much and Im optimistic:) my search for the biggest bowl was so long, cos I also wanted to do aroma therapy with weaker tea herbs, and now, totally coincidentally, Dave with his huge bowl comes along. So nice :)
Thanks for the instruction, sounds logical. The airflow should be better.

Nok21

I’ll have to write my reciew after welding classes.

@DDave Preheating the elbow and bowl helped a LOT! Let it sit 15 minutes, then did 2 elbow bowls at various temperstures after preheating.

I lost all track of time after that, this thing hits like a freight train when used right. Like I don’t think I’ve had such a tiny amount of bud KO me that quick!

Anyway, back to class- Review will be soon.

readyman

Did something interesting took elbow basket put health stone in it with wax then put back in vape used whip with calyx warter bubbler from my evo and ran fan WOW Big smooth hits at 500 f

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I’ll have to write my reciew after welding classes.

@DDave Preheating the elbow and bowl helped a LOT! Let it sit 15 minutes, then did 2 elbow bowls at various temperstures after preheating.

I lost all track of time after that, this thing hits like a freight train when used right. Like I don’t think I’ve had such a tiny amount of bud KO me that quick!

Anyway, back to class- Review will be soon.
The EQ is quite the performer, I agree! And you've got the math right. Once you've preheated, you can adjust temps on the EQ and it responds very nicely!

Enjoy!

Nok21

It took a lot of "testing" before I wanted to review the EQ, so here we go!

I've gone a few weeks with it as my daily driver and so far its replaced my Vapcap+Bubbler for my at home vaporizer/daily driver.

I've been almost exclusively been using "Elbow Packs", or packing the screens (Which fit about 0.2g if you pack them hard) in the elbow of the whip/bag adapter.

My main method of starting it up has been setting the temperature, a 2-4 hour timer (I love the timer, It is so nice as an insomniac) and a preheat time for the glass at around 15 minutes. 5-10 minutes works but 15 feels like the sweet spot for preheating the glass before a session. After that, I pack the loaded screen into the elbow of either the whip or bag adapter. Let sit for one minute to heat up evenly and it hits like a champ!

So far its been a real tough call to say if I like the whip or bag better than another. I actually came down with strep throat a week ago and while it was at its worst the bag was a god-send; its super smooth and doesn't dry out my throat as much as just the whip does in longer sessions.

Major props to Alex with @BuddersCannabis for helping me decide to go for the EQ over the V-tower, the bags are totally worth it and I am glad I made that call.

My usual usage has been 50/50 bag and whip I'd say, but I have been favoring the bag a little bit. The whip is nice for when you want a long session (If your reading, watching a movie, etc) and the bag is great to fill up for a quick few hits to medicate faster.

For the bag I start out at 392*F, Speed 1 then go to Speed 2 or 3 and increase the temperature from there upwards toward 420+*F. Since the heating element is farther from the herb, it prevents accidental combustion (Or at least will until I get DDaves 18mm mod). I can usually fill 3 milky bags with this method. I also stir when 50% done with my sessions, and repack the elbow with the glass stirring tool that came with the EQ.

The whip temperatures and increases are nearly the same, I just do not use the fan with it. That's something I'll have to play with because the whip+fan sound like a good combo with the right setup. For the whip I start the temperature far lower, around 335*F or so and climb from there until I'm at around 460*F. I use a small silicone ring that fits over the mouthpiece as a makeshift 14mm adapter.

I think my favorite setup would be the whip adapter and my 8" Hemper Bubbler. Its smooth, consistent vapor quality, and the bubbler prevents your throat from getting too dry/etc as compared to just using the whip alone. Any water filtration helps prevent a dry throat, more especially if using the whip for long sessions alone.

Overall this thing is for sure my new daily driver, even being used more than my Vapcap or OG Solo currently. I still use my Vapcap as my travel/pocket vaporizer but the EQ now is my daily driver if I am at home, which is where I vape 90% of the time.

I'd give it a 9/10, for the price I got it at and the efficiency of its vaporization its a great vaporizer that is still able to keep up with some of the newer vapes on the market despite its age. Only thing left is to get a DDave mod for more accurate temperature readings.

Sensory Leaf

It took a lot of "testing" before I wanted to review the EQ, so here we go!

I've gone a few weeks with it as my daily driver and so far its replaced my Vapcap+Bubbler for my at home vaporizer/daily driver.

I've been almost exclusively been using "Elbow Packs", or packing the screens (Which fit about 0.2g if you pack them hard) in the elbow of the whip/bag adapter.

My main method of starting it up has been setting the temperature, a 2-4 hour timer (I love the timer, It is so nice as an insomniac) and a preheat time for the glass at around 15 minutes. 5-10 minutes works but 15 feels like the sweet spot for preheating the glass before a session. After that, I pack the loaded screen into the elbow of either the whip or bag adapter. Let sit for one minute to heat up evenly and it hits like a champ!

So far its been a real tough call to say if I like the whip or bag better than another. I actually came down with strep throat a week ago and while it was at its worst the bag was a god-send; its super smooth and doesn't dry out my throat as much as just the whip does in longer sessions.

Major props to Alex with @BuddersCannabis for helping me decide to go for the EQ over the V-tower, the bags are totally worth it and I am glad I made that call.

My usual usage has been 50/50 bag and whip I'd say, but I have been favoring the bag a little bit. The whip is nice for when you want a long session (If your reading, watching a movie, etc) and the bag is great to fill up for a quick few hits to medicate faster.

For the bag I start out at 392*F, Speed 1 then go to Speed 2 or 3 and increase the temperature from there upwards toward 420+*F. Since the heating element is farther from the herb, it prevents accidental combustion (Or at least will until I get DDaves 18mm mod). I can usually fill 3 milky bags with this method. I also stir when 50% done with my sessions, and repack the elbow with the glass stirring tool that came with the EQ.

The whip temperatures and increases are nearly the same, I just do not use the fan with it. That's something I'll have to play with because the whip+fan sound like a good combo with the right setup. For the whip I start the temperature far lower, around 335*F or so and climb from there until I'm at around 460*F. I use a small silicone ring that fits over the mouthpiece as a makeshift 14mm adapter.

I think my favorite setup would be the whip adapter and my 8" Hemper Bubbler. Its smooth, consistent vapor quality, and the bubbler prevents your throat from getting too dry/etc as compared to just using the whip alone. Any water filtration helps prevent a dry throat, more especially if using the whip for long sessions alone.

Overall this thing is for sure my new daily driver, even being used more than my Vapcap or OG Solo currently. I still use my Vapcap as my travel/pocket vaporizer but the EQ now is my daily driver if I am at home, which is where I vape 90% of the time.

I'd give it a 9/10, for the price I got it at and the efficiency of its vaporization its a great vaporizer that is still able to keep up with some of the newer vapes on the market despite its age. Only thing left is to get a DDave mod for more accurate temperature readings.

You get 3 bags, from an elbow pack?

Sensory Leaf,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Lukiita

My MegAdapter arrived today in the morning and I am completely speechless.

Seriously, the comparison is ridiculous, let me explain the difference.

Before, as I said, I was really a little disappointed by the EQ. I put like almost a gram of 22% CBD Herbs in it and sometimes it was only one! big draw from it and then there already was no vapor anymore. Sometimes I had like 2 "big" hits and then it was almost over.
I was starting to believe that my herbs are the actual problem because it was over so very fast. Besides, as I said, the herbs weren't vaporized evenly at all - some parts were still green, some were dark brown roasted. So yeah - my experience with the original bowl was disappointing and not really efficient. I also filled only the half sometimes for better convection but that did not help, the session was even faster over, like 1 hit and thats it yeah.

While waiting for Daves MegAdapter I was like: even if it works better and faster, it wont magically take way more vapor out of my herbs. I really was down to the idea that there is just too less stuff in my herbs because there always was one hit that gave me vapor and then it was over.

Well - believe it or not: only just I had my first session with the MegAdapter. I did not put in really more than I did with the original, okay probably some more, like 20-30% more, but there was way more free space in the bowl. It was amazing. I could not believe it. It actually did not stop to create vapor lol. I stopped it now because the taste was not nice anymore but I haven't reached the point when the herbs are ""empty" and there is no vapor anymore.

Seriously guys, with the original bowl it was like one, two fuc**** draws and it was over, like a matter of seconds, just straight up bs.
With Daves bowl it was an nearly endless vape session, like 10 big draws at least and then many smaller draws untill I just was too lazy to finish it.

It is not like a huge difference or something, its an completely different universe.

The one experience was like bs, this is by far the best experience with vaping I ever had (I used the Hybrid, too).

Logically, also the effect was way stronger. Finally I really feel the CBD effect - I almost feel high. Still I have to admit, I vaporized it at 225 degrees which is quite something, the herb really is very dark brown roasted (buit evenly:) )

Amazing - thank you Dave! You are the reason I am finally able to vaporize cbd herbs :)

Only little downside, the bowl gets even hotter than the original one and has no silicone grip to touch it so that was actually a little messed up and I burned my finger :-p but well, thats not really a problem and it cools down fast. Besides, I have really no need for a second bowl, honestly (no joke, with the original I had like 10 bowls or so sometime and vaporized like 5-7 gram until it felt so extremely inefficient that I stopped it.)

Just do yourself a favor and buy the MegAdapter, even for smaller doses.

Thanks Dave!

MoltenTiger

Before, as I said, I was really a little disappointed by the EQ. I put like almost a gram of 22% CBD Herbs in it and sometimes it was only one! big draw from it and then there already was no vapor anymore. Sometimes I had like 2 "big" hits and then it was almost over.
I was starting to believe that my herbs are the actual problem because it was over so very fast. Besides, as I said, the herbs weren't vaporized evenly at all - some parts were still green, some were dark brown roasted. So yeah - my experience with the original bowl was disappointing and not really efficient. I also filled only the half sometimes for better convection but that did not help, the session was even faster over, like 1 hit and thats it yeah.

While waiting for Daves MegAdapter I was like: even if it works better and faster, it wont magically take way more vapor out of my herbs. I really was down to the idea that there is just too less stuff in my herbs because there always was one hit that gave me vapor and then it was over.

Well - believe it or not: only just I had my first session with the MegAdapter. I did not put in really more than I did with the original, okay probably some more, like 20-30% more, but there was way more free space in the bowl. It was amazing. I could not believe it. It actually did not stop to create vapor lol. I stopped it now because the taste was not nice anymore but I haven't reached the point when the herbs are ""empty" and there is no vapor anymore.

Seriously guys, with the original bowl it was like one, two fuc**** draws and it was over, like a matter of seconds, just straight up bs.
With Daves bowl it was an nearly endless vape session, like 10 big draws at least and then many smaller draws untill I just was too lazy to finish it.

It is not like a huge difference or something, its an completely different universe.

The one experience was like bs, this is by far the best experience with vaping I ever had (I used the Hybrid, too).

Logically, also the effect was way stronger. Finally I really feel the CBD effect - I almost feel high. Still I have to admit, I vaporized it at 225 degrees which is quite something, the herb really is very dark brown roasted (buit evenly:) )

Amazing - thank you Dave! You are the reason I am finally able to vaporize cbd herbs :)

Only little downside, the bowl gets even hotter than the original one and has no silicone grip to touch it so that was actually a little messed up and I burned my finger :-p but well, thats not really a problem and it cools down fast. Besides, I have really no need for a second bowl, honestly (no joke, with the original I had like 10 bowls or so sometime and vaporized like 5-7 gram until it felt so extremely inefficient that I stopped it.)

Thanks Dave!
I had a pipe cleaner wrapped around my EQ's short adapter acting as a handle, made it nice and easy to empty whilst it was still hot, which helped to keep the screen clean

Floydian

Thanks Dave!

that sounds awesome dude!
what i do not understand is that it didnt work before
i do not have the mod and the EQ brings me to the other end of the galaxy everynight

maybe one day i'll get one
edit: at the moment its not possible due to the available payment method, i have no CC and for the prepaid CC you need a mobile, i don't have a private one

Last edited:

bm96

Combusting in a bag makes it impossible to clean out, right? unless you care to use it after of course.

Still getting used to temps, especially since the range goes so high on this machine! I've combusted 3 times now.

Cookiesaurus

My v3 kit got to my house, but now it needs to be mailed up to my school. Should arrive just in time for the end of my tolerance break. I've used my EQ a couple of times now, but because I got it used, I only had the bags, and was never able to experience the magic of an elbow pack or a whip session. I'll report back with results!!

BRONG

What’s up fellow ARIZER EQ fans !

My DDAVE ULTIMATE EQ mod kit and DDAVE Concentrate Chamber arrived a couple days ago and just tonight I had the chance to unwrap all the pieces and tinker, and then finally have my first session. My anticipation was at a peak. Well:

DDAVE does not disappoint !!!!! I am sooooo now ready for binge watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime Video.

For my session, I used the Original DDAVE MOD with the filtered glass stem.

First, I filled 2 balloons, at 190, then filled one more balloon at 200. I always used he lowest speed. I figure, what’s the hurry, time to relax right? The vapor and light smoke from the balloons was amazing to taste. Huge difference from the original cyclone bowl. At first nothing happened, then suddenly, but within a couple minutes it hit me, and 5 minutes later I find myself sitting there staring at the whip thinking , man that look fun.

Second, I repacked the Ddave mod, and attached the whip to the glass filtered stem. This second bowl really sent me over the edge. I see now what people men about using way less herb once they get the DDave Mod!

Tomorrow I will try the Concentrate Chamber and post back.

DDAVE - Thank You!

Fellow ARIZEREQ Fans - be good, be safe

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
What’s up fellow ARIZER EQ fans !

My DDAVE ULTIMATE EQ mod kit and DDAVE Concentrate Chamber arrived a couple days ago and just tonight I had the chance to unwrap all the pieces and tinker, and then finally have my first session. My anticipation was at a peak. Well:

DDAVE does not disappoint !!!!! I am sooooo now ready for binge watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime Video.

For my session, I used the Original DDAVE MOD with the filtered glass stem.

First, I filled 2 balloons, at 190, then filled one more balloon at 200. I always used he lowest speed. I figure, what’s the hurry, time to relax right? The vapor and light smoke from the balloons was amazing to taste. Huge difference from the original cyclone bowl. At first nothing happened, then suddenly, but within a couple minutes it hit me, and 5 minutes later I find myself sitting there staring at the whip thinking , man that look fun.

Second, I repacked the Ddave mod, and attached the whip to the glass filtered stem. This second bowl really sent me over the edge. I see now what people men about using way less herb once they get the DDave Mod!

Tomorrow I will try the Concentrate Chamber and post back.

DDAVE - Thank You!

Fellow ARIZEREQ Fans - be good, be safe
Greetings @BRONG ,

It looks like this is your first FC post, so welcome! It also seems that you've taken off with a running start as far as using the mod kit, and are already realizing the benefits.

I do apologize though. My included documentation has been updated since you received yours to include the following warning. [Please be aware that due to the huge number of reports of impact to a popular streaming service, we at DDave Mods must advise that the use of pieces contained in our offerings may result in the following error message = "You have reached the end of Netflix!"]

Don't be alarmed however. with much research and experimentation we have also discovered that this condition clears in about one month's time.

Enjoy the mod kit (and hopefully the last as well) my friend!
Dave

Vibiojj83

I'm looking for a teardown video of the EQ. I couldn't find one using Google. And searching this thread gave 0 results for teardown and 26 results for tear down, none of which were a teardown.

Top Bottom