The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
exmilker said:
what do you mean by "leech that off"? and how do tinctures work are they meant for fill it yourself e-ciggs or is it meant to be consumed, like a mouth spray?... how do u make a tincture using iso?

There are several lengthy threads here all about how to make and use tinctures. Recommended if new to you. In short, a tincture is an alcohol or glycerine based solution in which concentrated ABV is suspended. The alcohol must not be ISO - I suspect that's the source of SourJim's bad experience. ISO should never be put inside the body. While alcohol spirits can be used - vodka typically - the concentration is not as high as Everclear which IMO is best; it's 190 proof pure grain. A couple drops (like with an eye-dropper) of tincture can be added to herb to increase the canniboid concentration. Some actually put a few drops on the tongue. That's where glycerine is better because it's vegetable-based and less obnoxious, but it takes more work to prepare. It's also good to be aware of the different main canniboids in the herb and their respective effects, because ABV will have a much higher concentration of CBD's and CBN than THC as compared to herb out of the pouch - with a tincture there is the potential for more body-effects. For more details, you need to read the threads. There are sources elsewhere, too - even medical.

The leeching off is evaporation, so that there is absolutely no ISO remaining. From there the ABV residue can be mixed into a tincture, used in medibles, etc. The point is to remove the ISO, as it is toxic. This is one reason to reclaim only with a dry method and use the ISO just for cleaning.

Let me just add that if tubing is not medical grade or it has degraded, then compounds from the tubing can leech off with ISO. The combination of ISO plus those compounds is definitely an even bigger no-no.

oldiebutgoodie,

Jiltut

oldiebutgoodie said:
Or it could just be your ears. :D

Yeah it's definitely down to my newness state, every time I hear it again it sounds even quieter, I can't believe I even brought it up now. This vape is awesome, the remote's a surprisingly good feature too, got a great range on it too, they didn't skimp, I can control it from 5 meters away lol, not that I need to.

>MrNorml - I still have one glass elbow so it's cool, I'm not missing out.

Jiltut,

exmilker

awsome thanks for clearing things up OBG, i got confused, but was a little aware that tinctures had to be made of non iso alcohol. my silicon tube is medical grade i believe, so would u recommend me using the iso just for cleaning? theres no way to extract? and i find there is alot of "elbow hash" and "honey" buildin up in the elbow, is the best method to extract that is to dry scrape what i can and than just use iso afterwards for cleaning?

exmilker,

oldiebutgoodie

exmilker said:
awsome thanks for clearing things up OBG, i got confused, but was a little aware that tinctures had to be made of non iso alcohol. my silicon tube is medical grade i believe, so would u recommend me using the iso just for cleaning? theres no way to extract? and i find there is alot of "elbow hash" and "honey" buildin up in the elbow, is the best method to extract that is to dry scrape what i can and than just use iso afterwards for cleaning?

I was specifically addressing SourJim's remark in which it at least sounded as if he had used the ISO for the reclaiming in the whip. I have no idea how commonplace that is.

I take a different view between the glass and the tubing. With the glass, some soak in ISO, let that thoroughly evaporate off, and use the scrapings. Everclear can also be used but it's not available everywhere and doesn't have quite the same solvent properties. I'm rather fastidious about this kind of thing and clean frequently so reclaiming is not really a requirement for me in the first place.

With the tubing, IMO additional care is called for. Starts with the fact that not all medical grade tubing is the same. While the Q's PVC sucks for ease-of-use, it is very high quality. With silicone, while most of what I've seen is OK for vaporizing because of meeting acceptable heat tolerances, I've seen some that is not. But that is not the only consideration, which is why FDA certifications are cited which indicate approved application and environment. You won't find silicone approved for hospital use being used for a vacuum line on an industrial food processor. Again, typically most is acceptable for vaporizing. But it's important for it to be kept clean and not be used for too great a length of time, as silicone degrades. Personally, I don't like to use ISO in silicone or PVC. If I want to reclaim I'll use a dry method. And once the silicone is fairly discolored, I replace it. When you get to my age, you tend to pay more mind to these kinda things. :)

My :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Great vid exmilker! Looks tasty!! :ko: I have been using the EQ like that for about a year, and I just noticed that a shorter tube is quite nice!! Up til now, I have used an approximately 30" inch piece of tubing, today I switched that out for an 18" piece and WOW it milks up much quicker and provides a nice punch!! :ninja: It's always great to find a new trick about one of your favorite vapes!! :brow:

Cheers friends!
:peace:

Bluntcrush,
exmilker said:
great tips OBG ill keep that in mind when i clean my extreme, on another note i just grab some blue dream and i cannot get enough, its so smooth and tasty its a must try.... my cup of coffee

nothing like fresh morning vapor
wow i want some of that herb god damn... i like the tubing is it medical grade and how much did u buy for it? thank you in advanced also anyone no wear to get a ballon set up for the eq pretty cheap?

SourJim,

exmilker

SourJim said:
exmilker said:
great tips OBG ill keep that in mind when i clean my extreme, on another note i just grab some blue dream and i cannot get enough, its so smooth and tasty its a must try.... my cup of coffee

nothing like fresh morning vapor
wow i want some of that herb god damn... i like the tubing is it medical grade and how much did u buy for it? thank you in advanced also anyone no wear to get a ballon set up for the eq pretty cheap?

i got the 3/16"IDx5/16OD silicon tubing from planetvape @ a dollar a foot, you can get the ballon and other accessories for the EQ on that site too :peace:

exmilker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
IME 5/16" I.D. silicone tubing works best. Anything smaller will restrict airflow unnecessarily and make it harder to put on and off of the elbow joints and/or mouthpiece.

I pick it up on Amazon 25ft at a time. Amazon silicone tubing

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

Stu said:
IME 5/16" I.D. silicone tubing works best. Anything smaller will restrict airflow unnecessarily and make it harder to put on and off of the elbow joints and/or mouthpiece.

I pick it up on Amazon 25ft at a time. Amazon silicone tubing

+1 I use the same tubing, and it's excellent quality.

SourJim said:
. . . anyone no wear to get a ballon set up for the eq pretty cheap?

For balloons I use Reynolds oven bags. IIRC there are 2 sizes. I use the smaller which I estimate is ~75% the volume of the Arizer bag. IMO the second outer o-ring on the glass piece is a PITA, so I just use a twist-tie instead.

oldiebutgoodie,

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
I just got my Q today, This thing is freaking amazing. Anybody using a water pipe in conjunction with the arizer q?

storybookhero,

oldiebutgoodie

Vaporisateur said:
storybookhero said:
I just got my Q today, This thing is freaking amazing. Anybody using a water pipe in conjunction with the arizer q?

This is the thread for ideas and pictures: Customized Vape Setups thread

And to answer your question precisely, yes a lot of users do it!

@storybookhero, take note of posters' sigs. If the vape is listed, usually so will be the glass. See below and immediately above.

oldiebutgoodie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
For the first time, I just vaped some loose kief at the bottom of a cyclone bowl + my water beaker and it seemed like it would never end producing tasteful vapor... Clouds after clouds and I am very painless right now :D

Gotta love the Q! :brow:

Vaporisateur,
hello,
i am currently in possession of the extreme-Q
i am 18 and recently bought a MFLB :mflb: as well.
i have to say this changed my life i can now do what i want when i want. also stealth is on my side, the q or "darthvaper" as i call it. its by my bedside almost every night. i have almost completely cut out combustion outside of social places and when my friends feel the need to.and im ok with it. more then ok with it actually its better for me more cost effective stealthy and most of all it gets me to that place of peace.
im not here to sell people on the extreme q just sharing the love for a gift of technology and how far we all have come from probably all of us i would be wasting our small supply of joints bowls and bongs. i for one was one of those poeple. i have changed glady hiting that sweet tastful vapers.

oh yah i recommend this product to everyone
IMAG0302.jpg

thezeus101,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Congrats, Zeus. I am glad you're enjoying your EQ! You might want to try loading an elbow pack by sucking the herb up through the whip and lightly packing it with your pinky. From the picture it looks like you must've loaded the cyclone bowl from a little too high and most of it ended up a little bit off-target. :|

Stu,
haha yes this is true I've had it for a couple of months now, this pic. was taken almost instantly after we first tried it, i do elbow pack its almost always how i use it now.

thezeus101,

Jello

Hey i'm looking how to make a valve bag for the arizer. I saw on a couple forums people talking about them but nobody went into detail. I couldn't find anything on you tube, so far i love the vape and the balloons are awesome i just wish they had valve option. If anyone has any ideas on how to make one please help, much appreciated =).

Jello,

oldiebutgoodie

thezeus101 said:
haha yes this is true I've had it for a couple of months now, this pic. was taken almost instantly after we first tried it, i do elbow pack its almost always how i use it now.

Welcome, thezeus101!

You've found vaporzing, you've found the Q, and you've found FC - the site for vaporizer connoiseurs. Let me just suggest that you whack away at this thread a few pages at a time, from its start. There is a helluva lot more valuable info than you might expect. You've found the elbow pack; there are other performance tips. You'll be thinking about reclaiming, cleaning, tubing, ABV; that's all covered. And maybe cooling, moisturizing, glass, custom setups; all covered, too. More than I can think of offhand. And look through the index under each main section; lots of other great threads. Enjoy!

oldiebutgoodie,

vapercussion

Question: Has anyone tried putting the
balloon attachment from a Volcano onto an Arizer Extreme? I just tried it and it worked well! I prefer the spring valve closing of the Volcano over the Extreme ballon attachment, so I borrowed my friends Volcano bag/valve system : ) Just wondering....

vapercussion,

Ganjafly

Hello i am an Italian man:cool:, i have my EQ since a few months.
i prefer the whip system instead of the balloon but not the simple tube but a water hydratation- filtering system.
now i am considering to revisit the glass attachment from the cyclone to the elbow into a 3piece-rotating-system,this is to concentrate the hot flow in a smaller point like the SSV does so optimize the process and obtain more vapor while whipping.
A am doing the design now and tomorrow i will order the pieces to the glass lab near my home.

Ganjafly,

oldiebutgoodie

vapercussion said:
Question: Has anyone tried putting the
balloon attachment from a Volcano onto an Arizer Extreme? I just tried it and it worked well! I prefer the spring valve closing of the Volcano over the Extreme ballon attachment, so I borrowed my friends Volcano bag/valve system : ) Just wondering....

Take a look at the first pic in this post (the Search feature is your friend, btw):

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=81537#p81537

oldiebutgoodie,

dippin

Hi all, just a quick question. Do you need to use the fan with this , or can you just draw the air in with the fan off? Is one method better?

dippin,
Top Bottom