The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

MrNorml

emotion said:
Dackz said:
What do you use to clean the little bits of abv off the screen on the elbow?? The little glass pick doesnt work and neither does my wooden little scooper. Should I clean it with anything to make it work so it doesnt stick as much?

While I'm at it ............
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned here before...... I've recently found a neat little device that allows lightning fast loading of a warmed up Cyclone bowl while its still mounted in place over the heater - yet totally prevents any spillage falling directly into the unit if one should (as I often did) slightly miss some of the loading "target" area. It's called a "powder funnel" and is normally used for ammo reloading or lab use. They are available in many sizes and materials. The best one I found is made of lab glass, has a large mouth opening at the funnels top (providing a fairly large and almost impossible to miss loading "target"), has a sharply angled funnel taper/cone forcing everything dropped in to quickly fall through the funnel right into the Cyclone bowl and has a ground glass male taper bottom fitting (which is the exact same size as the glass elbow that normally occupies this place). This provides not only a perfect fit, but also (and much more importantly) a large bottom opening for material to easily fall through into the Cyclone without requiring manual assistance. If anything does manage to stick to the inside wall of the funnel (likely due to some finely ground material dust and a slight static electric charge on the glass funnel walls) - I simply use my artist brush once again to swipe the particles down the funnel. Super easy, quick and very convenient loading while virtually eliminating any chance of spillage or unintentional debris falling into the top opening and down into the main unit itself.

Before this current funnel - I purchased a small, very cheap, short stem lab glass funnel on ebay. This funnel worked "OK" but always required manual assistance to get the material down through the small funnel bottom stem. Luckily the glass stirrer/poker fit nicely but it was always a pita.
:peace:

I use the bottle-top opener part of a combination corkscrew/knife/bottle opener, as a scoop. It works great and delivers a consistent does. Available everywhere for a dollar or two. Very nice 'funnel' many likely have in the kitchen drawer somewhere.

MrNorml,

slowrolling

thedeserttortoise said:
slowrolling said:
thedeserttortoise said:
OK>>>>>Here's a really cheap method to valve your bags on the Extreme... total cost...$4.00 plus tax. This is definitely the way to impress all your friends with the Volcano bags and valve. You'll be the envy of the town..... I mean seriously... don't you just love being a little bit different? .....Tortoise

Edit...sorry...just click the picture...to get the video to start....I'm new at this!

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo210/mr_mestizo/th_extreme005.jpg

Does anyone have a current link / video of this? Trying to find a non-dead link to the rubbermaid valve method.

A search on FC for rubbermaid AND valve only gets you dead links and people asking for new links because the old link is dead... :(

Hey Slowrolling. Sorry about the dead link. I haven't had any herb in age's... miss the shit out of it. Just took a pretty sensitive job with lots of testing... anyway, what you do is just take your silicon or vinyl tubing with you to Walmart. Look at all the new drink containers designed to pack with you while hiking. The tube will fit right over the inside tip of the valve/spout assembly. Its very low tech... but works. Been thinking of quitting this job and getting a med card... Kinda up in the air.. hi to all my old FC friends, hope your all doing well....peace.

Thanks for popping back in after I messaged you, will bring my tubing next time I'm in a big box store.

slowrolling,

slowrolling

I've found that I like to use bags in some situations and vapebong in others. I currently just shove the plastic tube into the downstem for vapebonging which works OK, but I want to go GonG. Since I'm already using both elbows, I think the best thing to do would be get an adapter/elbow that goes directly from the tubing to 14mm. (rather than buying both another 18mm elbow AND an 18 to 14mm adapter)

The only one I found was this from 7th floor:
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/surfer-accessories/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html

however the SSV/DBV tubing is 3/8"ID 1/2"OD which is slightly bigger than EQ tubing, anyone use the 7th floor water pipe adapter with EQ tubing?

slowrolling,

vapeena44

Help! my extreme tower vape is currently not working. i couple of night ago it started beeping constantly and giving me this message, "er 2." it doesn't heat up and when i press the power button it says off and then goes back to the error message. it won't stop beeping until i turn it off. is it time for a new one. we are very attached. :(

vapeena44,

vape4life

Banned for life
Forsure every strain vapes at a different temp, and so many variables but I just don't find the elbow doing the trick. It's not big deal, the bowl kicks ass, i put in like .5g ramp it to 220 and puff away, stir, shake and puff away for what seems like an eterenty! lol I love the non-whip setup i have with just the elbow and mouthpiece, awesome airflow, awesome taste, now all i need is water!

Samsquanch said:
Hey vape4life , strange issue your having there . I know for me with this unit as with any , every strain vapes differently . Some you can start out at lower temps than others . Elbow pack is the way to go but one better is a 14mm connector with an elbow screen in it . Cut out that middle man , the cyclone bowl , and just use a 14mm straight stem on the heater , the stem is long enough that there is no worry of heat issues for the user . Your not gonna hit harder or more efficiently any other way . From previous conversations I dont think that strain is your problem , that is always solved with temp . If your still having issues with uneven browning after you try a 14mm directly on the heater then you might want to take another look at your heater and make sure it is producing enough heat.

Good luck

vape4life,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
I agree , thats the only way I would run the Q . I used the fan the first 2 weeks playing with bags then it was just whip it with a stem attached to an elbow . Im not sure how rational this sounds but between the Solo and the Q , I can feel that the hits are fuller less airy with the solo . with "glass" accessories and without . Playing with the 2 side by side when the Solo first came home Id much rather hit the solo . But seriously if you want the Q to hit hardest shove the elbow screen in a 14mm straight pipe and rock on . Its the closest your gonna get the herb to the heater and the stuff is cooked when it is done , no stirring , good times :brow: As for water attachments , I think you are very capable of finding a suitable candidate , small percolation set up's are the best IMO , less air .

Samsquanch,

vape4life

Banned for life
With your ceramic, yes you can get very dense hits, with the SS, more airy, but regardless i still find there to be 'extremely' thick hits with the eq. Thanks for the tip, never thought of it, but the eq is just a fill in until the cloud, so i'm not that concerned.

Samsquanch said:
I agree , thats the only way I would run the Q . I used the fan the first 2 weeks playing with bags then it was just whip it with a stem attached to an elbow . Im not sure how rational this sounds but between the Solo and the Q , I can feel that the hits are fuller less airy with the solo . with "glass" accessories and without . Playing with the 2 side by side when the Solo first came home Id much rather hit the solo . But seriously if you want the Q to hit hardest shove the elbow screen in a 14mm straight pipe and rock on . Its the closest your gonna get the herb to the heater and the stuff is cooked when it is done , no stirring , good times :brow: As for water attachments , I think you are very capable of finding a suitable candidate , small percolation set up's are the best IMO , less air .

vape4life,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Ever since I started using my EQ with good glass (Sovereignty/ Mobius etc) it is unf***ing- stoppable!!! I can't believe how many nice thick hits I get (temp up to 410) from an elbow. I believe you need to crank up the heat a bit to get thick hits when pulling thru glass, but It's worth it!!! If I get 5 or 6 hits from an elbow, that is pretty good for me! :p

Bluntcrush,

Raz

While I don't have an Extreme Q I do have the V-Tower and I love this little badboy! I have a pretty decent setup with a little waterpipe as seen in the picture below and it rocks me every time!
14814.jpg

It's not the most sophisticated setup out there but it does have a very good seal.

Raz,

mephisto

Hey Raz,
I also have a tower with a similar water setup. My question is about
vaping temps on the tower. Where do you find the best setting for temp?
I always ran mine at a lower temp, and found the restrictive draw to be
too much to bear.... I also tried to verify my temps were truly accurate,
sadly, my thermometer did not seem to register even close to the temps that
the display showed.
Thanks,
m

mephisto,

Raz

mephisto said:
Hey Raz,
I also have a tower with a similar water setup. My question is about
vaping temps on the tower. Where do you find the best setting for temp?
I always ran mine at a lower temp, and found the restrictive draw to be
too much to bear.... I also tried to verify my temps were truly accurate,
sadly, my thermometer did not seem to register even close to the temps that
the display showed.
Thanks,
m

It's hard to pin point one sweet spot temperature. There are a lot of factors that affect affect how the herb gets vaped in my opinion ranging from the type of bud to the quality of the bud, how moist it is etc. Personally, I am a guy who used to use bongs and nothing else. Since I used to use bongs I like milkier tokes and I find that at 200C I get perfect hits. I pack an elbow and that gets me 6-8 solid hits. I recently cleaned my filter and now that it's brand new my herb gets completely vaped at 200-215. I used to crank it all the way up but then my unit actually started to combust the herb so now I leave it nice and low. From what I've found, if you like less visible hits then hit it at like 185 or so, plus those are not as harsh. As my buddy mentioned, everyone will have different sweet spots in terms of how to use their vape to best accustom how they want to sesh. What do you mean by saying the restrictive draw was too much to bear?

Raz,

mephisto

@Raz,
Thanks for the reply. I would tend to overload the cyclone bowl.
The airflow had to work thru the herb, thru the whip, and then thru
a waterpipe. I got better draw as I decreased the size of the serving.
I have not tried out packing the elbow, though I have read a lot of
positive reviews of this technique. I have acquired many vapes, too
many vapes, so, I am firing up all my old gear before it goes to a
better home.... Just wanted to get some feedback as I fire up the
V-tower. I think my temp display is off cal. by a little so I will go
with a higher temp setting. I was getting mediocre results in the
lower 300 F range.

mephisto,

max

Out to lunch
I was getting mediocre results in the lower 300 F range.
Not a surprise. Have you read the Extreme info on Vaporpedia? http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Extreme

With any vape, digital or not, you should find the vaping range of your particular unit based on where you start getting vapor (low end) and where the vapor is harsh and the ABV is black, or close to it (high end).

max,

Bouldorado

mephisto said:
@Raz,
Thanks for the reply. I would tend to overload the cyclone bowl.
The airflow had to work thru the herb, thru the whip, and then thru
a waterpipe. I got better draw as I decreased the size of the serving.
I have not tried out packing the elbow, though I have read a lot of
positive reviews of this technique. I have acquired many vapes, too
many vapes, so, I am firing up all my old gear before it goes to a
better home.... Just wanted to get some feedback as I fire up the
V-tower. I think my temp display is off cal. by a little so I will go
with a higher temp setting. I was getting mediocre results in the
lower 300 F range.

definitely try warmer. I run my EQ from 200-230c when I vapor bong. I rarely vape bags anymore, but I start those at 180 and go up to 200.

Bouldorado,

mephisto

@Max,Bould,
Thanks for the responses fellas, I will def. jack the temp up and see what works.
Also, thanks for the direction to Vaporpedia, that is a very well put together resource.
My hat is off to all those involved with its inception.
I look forward to increased performance out of the Tower....

mephisto,

mephisto

Also, to be fair, my salad is usually a bit moist so it makes the vape work off
the moisture before the activity starts....

mephisto,

e-bonus

hey everyone, im new here...just got my first vape, and took my first hit yesterday...awesome...lol..

few questions though....ive read alot and still kinda confused...

1. when ur heating up do u put the cylone on with herb in it and the whip on when heating?

2. when u pack the elbow do u just pack the little cup screen and put back on cyclone? wont ur herb fall back into cylone?

3. also im vaping at 392f, u cant see herb vaping through the glass but when u take a hit and blow out u definetly see it then...Does that sound like what im trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance... Im such a noob...

e-bonus,

e-bonus

sorry, one more thing...

After ur done toking and turn off the device should i remove the bowl or just let in cool down with the bowl on?

e-bonus,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
e-bonus said:
1. when ur heating up do u put the cylone on with herb in it and the whip on when heating?

Heating up is done with the cyclone bowl on but no herb in. For a quicker heat up let it get up to temp then put on fan setting 1 and the cyclone bowl should be hot to touch within 2 mins.

e-bonus said:
2. when u pack the elbow do u just pack the little cup screen and put back on cyclone? wont ur herb fall back into cylone?

Yup, material in cup screen and give a light tap in with your baby finger or fat end of stirring tool. Sometimes a tiny bit falls out but rarely.

e-bonus said:
3. also im vaping at 392f, u cant see herb vaping through the glass but when u take a hit and blow out u definetly see it then...Does that sound like what im trying to achieve?

Sounds peachy to me :)

e-bonus said:
After ur done toking and turn off the device should i remove the bowl or just let in cool down with the bowl on?

I would recommend leaving the bowl on as it gets super hot.

Hope that helps. Enjoy :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
slowrolling said:
I've found that I like to use bags in some situations and vapebong in others. I currently just shove the plastic tube into the downstem for vapebonging which works OK, but I want to go GonG. Since I'm already using both elbows, I think the best thing to do would be get an adapter/elbow that goes directly from the tubing to 14mm. (rather than buying both another 18mm elbow AND an 18 to 14mm adapter)

The only one I found was this from 7th floor:
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/surfer-accessories/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html

however the SSV/DBV tubing is 3/8"ID 1/2"OD which is slightly bigger than EQ tubing, anyone use the 7th floor water pipe adapter with EQ tubing?

The key is the how much it flares, and the SSV's from the pic anyway seems to be pretty tapered . However, the stiffness of the Q's polyvinyl may negate that advantage. My straight-line adapter fits silicon tubing fine because of its elasticity, it is loose in the Q's polyvinyl (yet another reason I switched to silicon). fwiw, I have found that an elbow adapter adds a little bit more drag than an inline, but on the other hand depending on the angle of your bong, an inline can cause the tubing to droop at least with silicon.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I definitely heat the herb along with the bowl. The value of this varies depending on how dry your herb already is. If the herb is moist, it will not initially vaporize as densely/quickly. I put the elbow on because the screen creates back-pressure into the bowl improving the pre-heat of the herb.

This is just a matter of practice. The herb won't fall out if lightly packed. But you don't want to pack it too tight, that will add drag and can make for a hot spot in the center.

If you take cigar-like puffs and watch the elbow closely, you don't tend to see it as it is exiting but when you stop the draw and the pressure is released, you'll see some of the vapor remaining in the tube slip back into the elbow. That's why some lift the elbow on the last hit to clear all the remaining vapor.

oldiebutgoodie,

DrSpottyBeard72

Hell i just combusted :mad:, cranked my Q to a high setting on the remote & i got SMOKE in my bag,it scared the shit out of me, i normally hit ma girl at 190-note to self i will never push her above 190 ever again:/

Got everything soaking in fairy liquid,threw the bag away it stank :ninja:

DrSpottyBeard72,

vape4life

Banned for life
DrSpottyBeard72 said:
Hell i just combusted :mad:, cranked my girl to the highest setting on the remote & i got SMOKE in my bag,it scared the shit out of me, i normally hit ma girl at 190-note to self i will never push her above 190 ever again:/

Dude, must be your EQ is defective...you shouldn't EVER combust, let alone above 190 lol MAYBE, MAYBE at highest setting like you did with the fan running a pinpoint on an elbow pack.

vape4life,
Top Bottom