The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
sup slowrolling. i've been using my eq now for maybe 2 months prolly less. the most important thing you can get is a grinder, thats a must for vaping in general. the tubing should last u awhile but having spare is always nice. i recommend ordering a few extra elbows. both of my original ones broke. a water piece is not really needed but does make the experience much nicer.:p

ilovebOObs,

Bouldorado

there's no need to upgrade the tubing until you need to replace it. if you get a water piece w/ a 14 mm joint, the eq tubing will fit snugly in it. if you get one w/ an 18mm joint, you can use a second elbow adapter, or buy a vape adapter for like $10. I'd recommend getting a piece custom blown off etsy, should be fairly inexpensive if you only want a small one. I researched glassblowers a while ago and made list of some etsy ones. Oregonglassblower and Tonysglass are the only ones I've used, and Tonysglass is the only one I would recommend of those. Here's the the list anyway, one of those might work out for you. As for grinders, I highly recommend a Sharpstone, though you could find a grinder that works just as well for half the price on ebay

Soulshinefamilyglass
Simpleglasstubes
Glassworkorange
Oregonglassblower
Tonysglass
UniqueGlassPipes
Nova Glass Works
Elevated Alchemy (custom)

Bouldorado,

slowrolling

Well in the interest of the getting the cleanest vapor I can get with the Q:

I ordered 10ft of Silcon Silicone tubing (5/16 ID, 7/16 OD) from USPlastics
and sprung for a space case 2pc grinder since I've seen some threads of people with mangled metal/color shedding grinders.... no desire to vape aluminum and or color dye particles.

So all I have left on my list of things to buy is a water piece.... after thinking about it for a bit I think a short bong would serve my purposes better than a bubbler... Finally finished the thread and it looks like SSFG travel tube and RX industries straight tube have been recommended for solid entry into vapebonging. Problem is they both are 14mm joints, I know people can snug in the stock tubing, anyone use silicone tubing in the SSFG travel or RX straight tube?

Thanks for the list bouldorado will check out those glass guys also.

slowrolling,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Personally, I'd just get an adapter from 14 to 18mm. I just find the GonG fittings to be easier to deal with than messing with tubing. But that's just me.

:2c:

Stu,

Bouldorado

and if you're just looking for a straight tube, I probably wouldn't bother w/ the glassblowers unless you want something w/ a perc. it's hard for them to match the price of a mass-produced tube, plus you have to deal w/ contacting them through email.

Bouldorado,

Minging

Well my extreme is in the post , first vape , cant wait :)
Just need a nice bubbler to go with and i will be a happy santa.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Minging,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Congrats.
Hope it speeds it's way to you so you can get on and start enjoying.
Think I might have to start thinking about some sort of water filtration for my Q soon, but have no idea what's the difference between the different kinds of glass.
Oh well, guess it's over to the glass section to get another education.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Just browsing through the EQ thread, for the first time in a long while...And I noticed this post, and didn't notice an answer. I apologize if it's been answered already

Adobewan said:
Very happy Extreme Q user, but lately my temperature settings intermittently fluctuate on their own. I'll have it set at 360-370F and after some time, I'll look over and it will be way up at 500F or down as low as 124F.
Anyone else run into this?

My Q used to do this as well...If you are experiencing the same problem as I was, it's a pretty simple fix...

The Q comes with a remote, a pretty handy feature IMO, but one that can become a nightmare lol. Not every single remote controlled appliance has its own unique IR codes. In fact, many devices often share the same codes...That being said, your Q may be responding to the IR signal from another remote in your room. For me, it was the remote to my 'Durabrand' home theater system. I would be vaping, and go to take a hit, only to notice that the temp was set to 50 degrees c, or that the temp had shot up to 250c, etc...

I quickly made the connection when I turned on my home theater system one night, which promptly stopped the Q in the middle of filling a bag. I first thought that the Q had died, then realized it had just shut off. Within a few minutes I had decided a piece of black electrical tape over the IR sensor (above the up button on the EQ) which quickly remedied the situation.

A quick test would be to take any remotes commonly used in your vape room, and point them at the Q while pressing the commonly used buttons, while the Q is on. If nothing happens, and you don't mind being without your remote for a few vape sesh's try covering the sensor with tape or something, and seeing if the issue occurs.

Sorry for the unnecessarily long post, but I hope it helps!

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Now that's interesting. It never occurred to me that I could teach my Logitech Harmony to speak Extreme. I will try to remember to do that, but I've found that memory impairment increases exponentially with proximity to my Extreme.

pakalolo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
pakalolo said:
Now that's interesting. It never occurred to me that I could teach my Logitech Harmony to speak Extreme. I will try to remember to do that, but I've found that memory impairment increases exponentially with proximity to my Extreme.

It always amazes people when I turn on my EQ, or otherwise control it, with my PSP (playstation portable) :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy one less remote...And I'm not sure if your harmony will do macro codes, like combinations of IR codes with one button press. If it will, you could have a temp. button for any of your favorite temps, just by programminga button to send one of the preset temps like 200, with a certain number of + or - . Not sure if that makes sense...if not send me an email

Purpl3_Haz3,

DrSpottyBeard72

I went to my local headshop today in the U.k asking about a bong attachment to fit my Eq.
They where totally unhelpful & didnt have the first clue what to suggest to me-where as the owner has previously boasted to me "this is what you want the Volcano selling for 300 uk,
truth is they don't have a bloody clue how to treat people who Vape & they just want to sell traditional bongs pipes etc
they tried to sell me 'legal mdma & valium" all i wanted was how to connect my eq to a water bowl anyone help?

DrSpottyBeard72,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
pakalolo said:

It always amazes people when I turn on my EQ, or otherwise control it, with my PSP (playstation portable) :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy one less remote...And I'm not sure if your harmony will do macro codes, like combinations of IR codes with one button press. If it will, you could have a temp. button for any of your favorite temps, just by programminga button to send one of the preset temps like 200, with a certain number of + or - . Not sure if that makes sense...if not send me an email

Not to hi-jiack the thread, but...

The Logitech Harmony series remotes are truly universal, in that you can teach them any other IR remote. I already know how to make the Harmony do macros, but I appreciate the offer.

My current setup replaces five remotes, soon to be six. I rarely used the Extreme remote until now. I'll do it just because I can have the Extreme turn on and go right to my warm-up temperature, thanks to the macro function. This makes it even better than the original remote.

pakalolo,

Bun.it

DrSpottyBeard72 said:
I went to my local headshop today in the U.k asking about a bong attachment to fit my Eq.
They where totally unhelpful & didnt have the first clue what to suggest to me-where as the owner has previously boasted to me "this is what you want the Volcano selling for 300 uk,
truth is they don't have a bloody clue how to treat people who Vape & they just want to sell traditional bongs pipes etc
they tried to sell me 'legal mdma & valium" all i wanted was how to connect my eq to a water bowl anyone help?

Shame they were so unhelpful, A lot of headships over here are the same. If you have an 18.8 joint on your bong the eq come with ao spare elbo you can use.

Bun.it,

Minging

Bun.it said:
DrSpottyBeard72 said:

Shame they were so unhelpful, A lot of headships over here are the same. If you have an 18.8 joint on your bong the eq come with ao spare elbo you can use.

I have also been searching the uk online shops to no avail
http://www.bong-shop.biz/ has some nice glass , they are in Germany
And if you need another elbow , ebay has uk suppliers
hope that helps

Minging,

DrSpottyBeard72

That is a great website Minging thanks, they also have adapters.I have emailed the site for some advice ;) i have my eye on this one - Frost

DrSpottyBeard72,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Good find guys. Think I might have to get in on the water action :)
Now if you can just find where in the UK to get replacement silicone tubing I'll be sorted.

J.R.R.Tokin',

DrSpottyBeard72

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Good find guys. Think I might have to get in on the water action :)
Now if you can just find where in the UK to get replacement silicone tubing I'll be sorted.
I just received a new wand & whip from U.S didn't take very long to arrive plus no custom charge

DrSpottyBeard72,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Was hoping to order in a roll of a few meters to last for a while. Might have to look into ordering from the US but was hoping to find something more local.

J.R.R.Tokin',

vape4life

Banned for life
edit. Disregard, picked up some exact same size Watts vinyl tubing, looks exactly the same as the stock tubing except doesn't say food grade. Hope i'm not poisoning myself lol I think it's maybe for water filtration systems but says safe for gasses.

Anyone know where to get good quality tubing in canada without internet order? home depot have medical/food grade? I'm guessing some headshops might, but at a huge premium.

vape4life,

chib

Kush please
Hey guys,
I ruined my tubing by using iso on it and now it reeks like chemicals (even after rinsing with hot water).

So I took one of my bag glass pieces and attached it via silicone tubing to the elbow which creates an all glass vapor path as seen below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is providing much better air flow which is vaporizing my weed evenly leaving very little to no green in it providing a much cleaner, sweeter taste than my whip was. To top it all off I'm getting an extra 2-3 hit per eblow pack.

I HIGHly :brow: suggest you try this if you have a Q or Vtower. I cannot believe how much of a difference it made, I don't ever see myself needing the whip ever again!

chib,

lepstadder

got an extreme with a broken piece

where can i find a replacement ? thanks guys

Its the part that fits over the ceramic heating element

it does not go all the way down

2nbble0.jpg

lepstadder,

slowrolling

thedeserttortoise said:
OK>>>>>Here's a really cheap method to valve your bags on the Extreme... total cost...$4.00 plus tax. This is definitely the way to impress all your friends with the Volcano bags and valve. You'll be the envy of the town..... I mean seriously... don't you just love being a little bit different? .....Tortoise

Edit...sorry...just click the picture...to get the video to start....I'm new at this!

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo210/mr_mestizo/th_extreme005.jpg

Does anyone have a current link / video of this? Trying to find a non-dead link to the rubbermaid valve method.

A search on FC for rubbermaid AND valve only gets you dead links and people asking for new links because the old link is dead... :(

slowrolling,

vape4life

Banned for life
I just did this as part of an overhaul cleaning, and now my Q runs hotter? I wonder if I need to move the heater cover a bit higher so the bowl is further from the heater core? I'm burning weed doing elbows at 220, which i don't think should be happening. also it burns kind of pinpointed in the elbow, is that normal? i'm new to elbows but they dont seem to be evenly vaped, very dark almost black, dark brown, and green/yellow.

anything i can do to make my q "cooler"? i swear i combusted at 230.

geech420 said:
Broke the heater cover by dropping unit 2 to 3 feet on carpet. It hit base first but cracked the bowl and broke the cover. A drag but pretty easy to replace. Vape World has a great video on YouTube that takes you through it all, takes just a couple minutes.

What I found after reassembling the unit was it performed MUCH BETTER!:D. Much more vapor then before I replaced the cover.
The only reason I can think of is that the screen over the heater wasn't in contact with the ceramic core. I made sure the screen was on the core but didn't expect any difference. What a great pleasant surprise!
If you aren't completely satisfied with the performance of your Q, give it a try.

vape4life,
Top Bottom