The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Yes i saw visible flame in glass herb chamber and i immediately shut down unit to prevent burning/fire! (at 230 celsius with bag - 0.3g). If i vape at 190-210-215 celsius with bags everything works well. With whip also everything works well even at 230 celsius. Do you think my extreme is defective? I just contacted arizer on email. Anyone else have problems with bags over 225 celsius and get combusted weed or even flame???? Please help!;)

vaporman27,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
start by relaxing...fire up a j if you need to. My first night with the E sucked, but once I got the hang of it things were great. That being said, wait to hear from Arizer to see if your unit is defective. They stand by their stuff.

stickstones,
i really like vaping but Im really disappointed with my new extreme q vaporizer if really is defective! We will see this weekend. No one with same problem over 230 celsius with bags? Seems that my extreme is really defective? Thanks for your help!

vaporman27,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I also own EQ. About a month now. Well, do not go over 220. Even if EQ has that possibility, it's useless, because it's just too high. If you use it 180-210, it will make very good vapor hits. My weed also turns black at 220+, so simply don't go there. Also use the stirring tool at least 2 times a sesh.

Seek,
Yes @Seek maybe my unit isn't defective because i vape today and seems to everything works ok but not at higher temperatures over 220 celsius. We will see what arizer says. Arizer is super vaporizer ( little weed and very strong effect ) :D Also one of my short tube for bags smells little bad because of combustion and became little yelow too. How to clean a whip? I only use iolite and MFLB vaporizer before so i don't know a lot about use of extreme vaporizer. Sorry for my bad english:lol:

vaporman27,

Theo

I don't think you guys are combusting, can you get a picture of the bud you put in there after this 'combustion'? You're probably just getting thick, harsh clouds of vapor with the bud turning a very dark brown/almost black. It's pretty easy to tell if it's combusted or not, is it ash or just really used ABV?

Theo,
@Theo i saw visible flame in glass herb chamber with Arizer extreme q vaporizer and i immediately shut down unit to prevent burning/fire! (at 230 celsius with bag - 0.3g)
The bud turning very black bad smell and powder! Lower temperatures works ok.

vaporman27,

Theo

vaporman27 said:
@Theo i saw visible flame in glass herb chamber with Arizer extreme q vaporizer and i immediately shut down unit to prevent burning/fire! (at 230 celsius with bag - 0.3g)
The bud turning very black bad smell and powder! Lower temperatures works ok.

My apologies then, no questions there! If that happens then there is no doubt that you have a faulty unit.

Theo,

CutePanda

I purchased my unit in January and the highest temperature I was using was 230c which gives me a nice dark brown ABV. I'm sure there is some variability between units so each of us has to find the sweet spot on our own based off of other peoples recommendations. To clean the whip, I ran it under hot water and pulled the back end of a screw through it to scrape the goo out. I'm pretty sure you can use a little bit of dish soap as well.

CutePanda,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Vaporman: Correctly, there should not be a flame, but temps over 220 on Extreme are too much high, so they normally turn weed black and it tastes more like smoke. They are there maybe for some other herb that needs more heat. Like Salvia or something.

Seek,

BluePhr3ak

Hey Purple3,
I tried that couch sinking technique and it's been a long time that medicine actually put me to sleep! That worked like a charm. Great think about falling asleep while vaping, you don't need to worry about if you have the whip in your hand like a burning J ;)

ALso, I got a hold of an oxygen mask and tried it, but the pressure was low even on 3. I think I need to work on the tubing. It was fun playing a video game with my pilot mask on.

BluePhr3ak,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
BluePhr3ak said:
Hey Purple3,
I tried that couch sinking technique and it's been a long time that medicine actually put me to sleep! That worked like a charm. Great think about falling asleep while vaping, you don't need to worry about if you have the whip in your hand like a burning J ;)

ALso, I got a hold of an oxygen mask and tried it, but the pressure was low even on 3. I think I need to work on the tubing. It was fun playing a video game with my pilot mask on.

Glad to hear your enjoying the benefits of your meds! Let me know how you make out with the oxygen mask deal...

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,
vaporman i did same as you when i first got the extreme
i had been vaping all day at 200 and kept all left over weed at end day i put loads in and blew bag at 230 fan setting 3, it did combust

just clean all the parts and it will be fine
i wouldnt run extreme at more than 225 if blowin bags
and 230 max if using whip

for what its worth i dont go over 200 myself but some of my mates do reburns at 225

smokinweedgi,

Theo

I stick to 200* if I'm using the whip during the day, and I'll change to 230* when trying to get to sleep. If I do bags i'll go to 190 - 210 - 230, I get 3 nice bags out of a pack.

With vaping I never feel bad only staying at 1 temperature, even if I am losing a decent amount of stuff because I know i'll gather all that goodness when I bake with my ABV :D

But with your units which combust when you go over 230, you should really talk to arizer, that should never be happening.

Theo,
Arizer respond: Thank you for your email. If there is no error code displayed on the LCD and the internal alarm is not beeping, there are a few possibilities as to why you might be experiencing the problem you described.

Always keep the dome screens up inside the whip elbows clear of any particles that can clog and restrict the air flow, replace/clean as needed. If your dome screens get clogged, they will restrict the air flow and can significantly increase the temperature of the glass, causing the problem you have described. To clean your dome screens is easy: soak them in rubbing alcohol for 30-40 minutes, scrub with a toothbrush or pipe cleaner, rinse with warm water, and allow them to dry. You can also purchase new screens from our website, www.arizer.com.

Besides clogged screens, another possibility is that at some point along the way the glass heater cover may have been accidentally broken. If the glass heater cover is broken then you can either: (1) buy the part and do the repair yourself by following the instructions provided, or (2) you could send your unit in and pay for it to be repaired. To check if your glass heater cover is broken, unplug your unit and allow it to cool to room temperature. With one hand, firmly brace the unit on a counter or table, and with the index finger on your other hand touch the glass heater cover and carefully check if it moves around at all. Also turn your unit upside down and very gently shake it, watching and listening for any broken glass.

A lot of factors affect the vapor amount and density, such as:

the temperature setting

the fan speed

the type and quality of tobaccos or herbals used

the moisture and how fine a grind used, etc.

All of these factors considered will create different amounts of vapor. Some herbals produce many bags of thick vapor and others can produce only one or two bags of light vapor due to potency and the other factors mentioned. Perhaps the tobacco or herbals you are using currently are too dry and/or require a different (lower) temperature setting or are not an ideal blend for use with the unit. Different temperatures are required for different herbals and tobaccos used. If the vapor is too thick then try turning your temperature down or try using a faster fan speed. Stirring your herbs with the glass stirring tool provided after each bag blown will expose more of the active ingredient thus producing more vapor.

If you are confident that the issue is not due to the tobacco or herbals used, or clogged screens, or a broken glass heater cover, I can provide you with information on how to proceed with a warranty claim for a power adapter, or warranty service. As the warranty is limited, it is possible that the warranty has expired, in which case I can offer a repair service for a fee. Also, I must inform you that if you send your unit in for warranty service and our repairs technician tests your unit and it passes all the test, you will be responsible for paying us the cost of return shipping for your unit. Also, if our repair technician determines that the issue is a broken glass heater cover, you will be responsible for paying us the cost of a glass heater cover repair which is $40.00 plus applicable taxes.

Please provide me with the following information:

your full name and shipping address

the model number on the bottom of your unit (starts with NSH)

a copy of your sales receipt

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

vaporman27,
Glass heater cover is not broken i already checked! But my unit works just great...
Seems to my unit it's not defective at all. Just clogged screen and small amount of dry herbs and to high temperature...
My unit works great! Extreme rulz:)

vaporman27,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I also think EQ could be able to combust a little. 260 C is too high. Just ignore it can go that high. I've never gone above 240. As you have said, it works very good on plus minus 200, and that's okay.

Seek,
I found that my power adapter cause combustion because of bad contact! Cable was not properly plugged in! JUST SMALL FIX :lol:

And now my extreme works without combustion! But i vape at 190-205 celsius all the time.

How can i remove screen on top of ceramic heating element? Extreme is great unit!

vaporman27,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vaporman27 said:
How can i remove screen on top of ceramic heating element? Extreme is great unit!

You can probably just pry it out, but the normal way would require taking the unit apart and taking off the heater cover. I wouldn't recommend removing it though, because it's a bitch to get it back in place with the screen in its proper position.

The problem is that the heater cover is a tight fit over the heater element. Putting the screen back into the cover is hard enough, but when you slide the heater cover down onto the element, it tends to push the screen out again. It can get frustrating. This problem can and likely will arise any time you remove the heater cover, regardless of whether you take the screen out.

pakalolo,

Hery Vappy

Hery Vappy said:
So I bought my EQ on ebay in December from myrubberneck (seller) and now the remote is only half working whereas the F2 button and the temperature up/down buttons are all that works. Only after I bought it did I discover certain retailers were not authorized distributors for Arizer so I'm guessing I have no warranty recourse. Has anyone experienced this same problem with the remote? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? Could it be as simple as a bad battery? Its it worth it to contact Arizer? If I'm forced to buy a new one will it work with my exisiting EQ?

Thank you

I thought I'd give my questions one more shot here before contacting Arizer. Thanks

Hery Vappy,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
vaporman27 said:
I found that my power adapter cause combustion because of bad contact! Cable was not properly plugged in! JUST SMALL FIX :lol:

And now my extreme works without combustion! But i vape at 190-205 celsius all the time.

Glad that you figured it out, and yes the extreme is a great vapo!

I don't believe you can Remove the screen your talking about. I just lightly blow any debris away that gets in it.

Purpl3_Haz3,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I don't believe you can Remove the screen your talking about. I just lightly blow any debris away that gets in it.

Not only can you remove that screen, if you take off or replace your heater cover, it's really hard to avoid pushing it out.

pakalolo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
pakalolo said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:

Not only can you remove that screen, if you take off or replace your heater cover, it's really hard to avoid pushing it out.

Thanks for the correction! I was going more along the lines of cleaning the general screens...never gone into that much depth when cleaning mine, but if I ever sell it, I'm sure it will be cleaned then.

Thanks

Purpl3_Haz3,

photobooth

Does anyone know the size of the screens used in the cyclone bowl? I'm considering buying a pack off ebay and am wondering if anyone has the screen measurements?

photobooth,
Top Bottom