The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Turns out the aqua vape is not in stock I don't have any other glass laying around...what else would you recommend that would function like the aqua vape? ( I dont want a bong, just a glass bubbler to attach to the end of the whip, like the aqua vape) Anything like that that you or anyone knows of? I like the low profile of the aqua vape...

I would suggest picking up a bubbler from your LHS. Anything with an 18mm downstem will do the trick.

Good luck!

:peace:

Stu,

Kaptan

taichicali said:
Stu said:
Yes, any silicone tubing with 5/16" I.D. should do nicely.

That will work for water filtration for sure, but you can just use any existing glass you have if you prefer.

Turns out the aqua vape is not in stock :( I don't have any other glass laying around...what else would you recommend that would function like the aqua vape? ( I dont want a bong, just a glass bubbler to attach to the end of the whip, like the aqua vape) Anything like that that you or anyone knows of? I like the low profile of the aqua vape...

You can purchase an aqua vape from this site, http://www.vaporfection.com/
Contact via phone or email. This is the manufacture of the aqua vape.

Kaptan,
Kaptan said:
taichicali said:
Stu said:
Yes, any silicone tubing with 5/16" I.D. should do nicely.

That will work for water filtration for sure, but you can just use any existing glass you have if you prefer.

Turns out the aqua vape is not in stock :( I don't have any other glass laying around...what else would you recommend that would function like the aqua vape? ( I dont want a bong, just a glass bubbler to attach to the end of the whip, like the aqua vape) Anything like that that you or anyone knows of? I like the low profile of the aqua vape...

You can purchase an aqua vape from this site, http://www.vaporfection.com/
Contact via phone or email. This is the manufacture of the aqua vape.

Sweet, thanks! I called and ordered the aqua vape from them...the guy on the phone asked me what vape I was using it for...then he told me that they are planning to release a new bi-usage (bags and whip) vape at around the $400 price point in the next couple months. Has anyone heard of this new vape from vaporfection?

taichicali,

Greenscreen

People of FC, i will post this here first rather then starting a new thread somewhere else, but having read around a lot on here in general, what i've thought up here is still news to me... (its a bit long winded but bare with me - cus this is worth it! - providing you vape bong with ur extreme)

Today when i finished work, i smashed my 'cyclone tube' (oh no!) having no spare and not much bud, i sat and thought about smoking it but knew it wouldn't hit the spot (You know how it is!)

this got me thinking about vape bonging (whilst i was staring at my ROOR) and how i had seen a picture of an upside down Extreme rigged up to a bong on this website not so long ago..

I noticed there was quite a lot of people using this set up, and i remembered that people using it needed like a glass slide for it to work..

Anyway long story short, i sat and thought about it for a while and i came up with the following idea which works brilliantly.....

Take your Diffuser out your bong, Put the Dome screen object (the thing you fill with weed for an elbow pack) into the Diffuser... it will fit snug.... then take your bud and put that in... then take your two gauzes (from your cyclone tube) and shove them on top of your weed.......

What you have now done, is eradicated the need of a cyclone tube and a glass slide.... meaning that the extreme Q when turned upside down can be shoved straight into your diffuser... and then u can just fill the bong with vapour... and lift out the extreme when u wanna let it into your lungs....

anyway it doesn't sound as great now i've written it all out but i don't think any of you have done this yet and it worked a treat for me when i thought everything had gone tits up! (i thought you guys might like it cus i know some of you don't like the cyclone bowl and think that this is the downpoint of the vape)

Greenscreen,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
then take your two gauzes (from your cyclone tube) and shove them on top of your weed.......
You lost me here... Can you explain or maybe post a picture?

Stu,

Theo

I don't see the need for the 2 extra screens. This idea has been said multiple times throughout this thread. Personally I just don't want to use my EQ in that way as I'm sure that when I get really stoned I'll forget about it and just leave it sitting there. I don't feel safe leaving my EQ on a GonG joint, that feels really unsafe for both the EQ and the bong that you're using it on. Just use the 2 18.8mm GonG elbows that were given to you with the unit (if your bong is 18.8 that is).

Theo,

dannkk

I haven't read through this entire thread, but skimming, I noticed a lot of people complaining about warm up time or suggesting extremely long warmup times. I plug my extreme in and I'm vaping a couple minutes later. Just set it to the temp you want, and turn the fan on 2. Once the glass pieces are warm, you're set to go.

dannkk,

Greenscreen

Stu said:
then take your two gauzes (from your cyclone tube) and shove them on top of your weed.......
You lost me here... Can you explain or maybe post a picture?

by this i meant the metal screens that are in the cylone tube.... take them and put them over ur weed in the distiller, I will try and get some pics to show you exactly what i've done...

Theo said:
I don't see the need for the 2 extra screens. This idea has been said multiple times throughout this thread. Personally I just don't want to use my EQ in that way as I'm sure that when I get really stoned I'll forget about it and just leave it sitting there. I don't feel safe leaving my EQ on a GonG joint, that feels really unsafe for both the EQ and the bong that you're using it on. Just use the 2 18.8mm GonG elbows that were given to you with the unit (if your bong is 18.8 that is).

no disrespect but i believe you have misinterpreted what i said earlier, as with this method there is no way you could leave your extreme in your diffuser because you have to pull the extreme out the diffuser to be able to inhale the vapor you have built up in the bong, as in the EQ works how the cone piece would if you were smoking a bong (you must pull out the cone piece to inhale the smoke)..

I'm fairly sure this idea hasn't been done before because i have read this thread in reasonable detail all the way through, I'm sorry if it has been done before i must of missed it.... i have seen upside down extreme's on here before but all have used the cyclone bowl and a glass slide.... this involves no cyclone bowls or slide... just the heater of the extreme Q going into your diffuser... the diffuser acts as the cyclone bowl

once again apologies if this has been done before!

Greenscreen,
only need to use 1 gauze over the top off the weed
it does work very well ,LOT less drag and seems to be thicker vapour
it is also a bit fidlly and a bit messy

im doing gauze( from elbow) placed down into diffuser downpipe ,weed in, gauze in over top and extreme q turned upside down (no cyclone bowl) placed into top off diffuser/downpipe

it all fits amazinglly well in a roor 18.8 downpipe almost as if it was made for it the spacing of different diameters and the spacing from extreme q to the weed IT WORKS REAL GOOD

smokinweedgi,
has theyre been any discussions on openeing out the glass hole size in the cyclone bowl?
i have seen spacing rings ect but i realyl want to open out the hole size
could it be fine filed or ground out? to bigger diameter?
does anyone make custom cyclone bowls with bigger hole size?

sorry if this has been discussed earlier in thread im way to busy to go thru all the pages thanks

smokinweedgi,

BluePhr3ak

This souds like a funny question, but there's a functional, medical reason for it, aside from the fun it could be to try :ko: . Has anyone tried to hook up the whip with air assist on to an oxygen or breathing mask? Sometimes, it's hard to eat or even inhale in some circumstances of pain or extreme nausea, where pain management is the difference between an ER visit or a nap. Just a thought. Anyone ever thought of this?

BluePhr3ak,

BluePhr3ak

I see plenty of people complain about stirring in the cyclone bowl. WHat I've learned from experience is that loading the bowl 1/2 to 3/4s is best for airflow and there's less need for stirring. Also, as it gets a little older, you can lift the bowl by the coated side and angle it a little. Then tap on it while rotating it a little and place back on the heating element. When it seem like its a little dry, use the coarse part of the glass pick to smash it it up a little and mx a little big for a few more hidden rips.

I normally don't raise my temperature above 185 C, like I've seen on here. Let me ask again, why raising it is better?

I've seen some real cool tips about optimal vaping here :cool: Glad to find a place for safer medicating tips. I got my Extreme-Q a few months ago and I was in love and I decided to go rogue, with exception of making sure I wasn't close to burning the medicine (180/5 C). I made many mistakes like trying to remove the balloon off the elbow while still on the bowl, not smart. Well after dropping two cyclone bowls on my hard tiled floor, breaking them, I also realized I needed to be on a carpet for financial reasons ;) Other than that little learning curb, I think this is the best vape on the market.

BluePhr3ak,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Welcome Blue!

To answer your questions, I have thought about the oxygen/breathing tube mask deal,,,I would think that the oxygen tube that goes from the tank to the patients face (over the ears, under the nose, and two outlets on the hose that go slightly into the nose...) would work good. I would imagine that while the fan assist might work, it could force to much vapor. It may not give you a chance to "clear the hit" and pull oxygen in after the vapor. If you used the nose mask setup i described above, with no fan, you could inhale through the nose for vapor, and then primarily through the mouth to get some fresh air....

I agree with you about the lack of need for stirring using the method you described...I normally use elbow packs for thicker hits, but when I'm just sipping the vapor, i use the method you described in the cyclone bowl.

As for the temps, I start around 185c and my max temp is 230c. The general consensus here seems to be that in order to get the couch lock effect that is familiar to combusting, you need to go to 220-230c. This should not burn, or even scorch your herbs, but will be hot enough to release some of the actives in the herb that give a sleepy couchlock effect. This is especially true with indica strains.

Purpl3_Haz3,

BluePhr3ak

Thank you, Purpl3. Both for the welcome and the tips. I was mainly thinking for my dad because he sometimes has little strength to "pull" sometime, but vaping is the only thing that eases his symptoms and puts a smile on his face. Also, I get this thing with my stomach that prevents me from full strength breathing when I have an attack. I think I can get one for free :)

The temp thing, so do you raise it after how many pulls? Reason I ask is my pain management.

Oh, can you show me a link to that elbow technique you use?

BluePhr3ak,

Theo

Elbow technique: Put the dome screen in the elbow that goes ontop of the cyclone bowl, use it as a vacuum (breathing in the other end) to suck up your herbs, tap it lightly with your pinky, and put it on the cyclone bowl. You use it instead of packing the cyclone bowl, it uses less bud and gives thicker and more satisfying hits.

As for raising temperature thats something you just know yourself. When the vapor starts getting thin or the taste not as good you turn the temperature up and/or give it a stir. Really just something you learn yourself and everybody is different, you find your own style and what you like. For the past few months I've only had it sitting at 200c and I don't raise or lower it, I just dump it into my abv bag to be used for cooking later. I don't mind not extracting all of it since the baked goods later will be amazing :)

Theo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Theo said:
Elbow technique: Put the dome screen in the elbow that goes ontop of the cyclone bowl, use it as a vacuum (breathing in the other end) to suck up your herbs, tap it lightly with your pinky, and put it on the cyclone bowl. You use it instead of packing the cyclone bowl, it uses less bud and gives thicker and more satisfying hits.

As for raising temperature thats something you just know yourself. When the vapor starts getting thin or the taste not as good you turn the temperature up and/or give it a stir. Really just something you learn yourself and everybody is different, you find your own style and what you like. For the past few months I've only had it sitting at 200c and I don't raise or lower it, I just dump it into my abv bag to be used for cooking later. I don't mind not extracting all of it since the baked goods later will be amazing :)

Thanks for the post Theo, its pretty much the same as i was gonna say lol.

I love the abv edibles too! Its like every time i get meds, it's a buy one get one free. I get to vape, and then eat the same herb later!

One thing i would add, is that I stay around 200 like Theo, but sometimes, i like some lower temp hits around 175 with sativa, at least for the first few pulls. And i mostly only use the 220-230 range at night, before bed, or when i have sever back pain, or stomach pain. Pain in general i guess lol.

Also, when i elbow pack, after a few hits, i will tap the herb out either into the cyclone, or on the table, then suck it back up into the elbow. This serves as a stir, so that the herb get more evenly and fully vaporized. If you don't stir it at all for an elbow pack, you'll probably notice that the herb will be darkest in the center of the elbow pack, and that the edges are not completely vaped...

Purpl3_Haz3,
Hi all! This is my first post here but been lurking a couple weeks. I finally decided on an EQ and was wondering if any of you guys have used it for aromatherapy with like essential oils and potpourri. I'm just curious how that works since there's a whole at the bottom of the dish? Sorry if it's been asked but thanks anyways!

metroVSmetro,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
metroVSmetro said:
Hi all! This is my first post here but been lurking a couple weeks. I finally decided on an EQ and was wondering if any of you guys have used it for aromatherapy with like essential oils and potpourri. I'm just curious how that works since there's a whole at the bottom of the dish? Sorry if it's been asked but thanks anyways!

Yes, I've tried it with differing amounts of success. I made the mistake of putting some essential oils on top of some old potpourri in the dish, and I ended up getting some really powerful-smelling lavender on my heater cover (that shit stunk for the better part of a month) because of the hole you mentioned. Since then I've learned to use a cotton ball in the dish and just put a few drops onto the cotton ball..... works like a charm.

I also have found that 50C is a little cool, so I usually crank my EQ up to 85C or so.

Stu,

Hery Vappy

So I bought my EQ on ebay in December from myrubberneck (seller) and now the remote is only half working whereas the F2 button and the temperature up/down buttons are all that works. Only after I bought it did I discover certain retailers were not authorized distributors for Arizer so I'm guessing I have no warranty recourse. Has anyone experienced this same problem with the remote? If so, what did you do to resolve the issue? Could it be as simple as a bad battery? Its it worth it to contact Arizer? If I'm forced to buy a new one will it work with my exisiting EQ?

Thank you

Hery Vappy,
I bought extreme q vaporizer and fan3 with ballon combust my weed a little??? Why? Is my unit faulty? Because vaporpedia says:Units that do combust may be faulty and in that case you may want to contact the manufacturer, Arizer. Anybody with same problem? With whip i see no problems! Strange thing!

I grind my herb better and no combustion anymore! Also i decrease temperature for 5 celsius when bowl is ready. Any other recommendations for new user for extreme q?

Sorry for my bad english im from slovenia. I bought my extreme from an online online shop vaposhop ( netherlands ) with no problems at all ( shipped in five days ). Good shop for european customers!

vaporman27,

Theo

Your bud should never be combusting, even if you have it at 260*c and fan1 or fan3. You should contact Arizer :)

And are you sure it's combusting? It isn't just turning a dark brown?

Theo,
Some vaporized weed is black.Just first time. Is that normal? Maybe i turned on fan for to much time and is nothing wrong with my unit? Whip also works great. I dont know if is something wrong with my unit? Can someone post me picture of cobusted weed? Is combusted weed black?

Now I grind my herb better and no combustion anymore! Also i decrease temperature for 5 celsius when bowl is ready. Any other recommendations for new user for extreme q? Now really dont know if my unit works or not? What if i contact arizer?

Sorry for my bad english im from slovenia. I bought my extreme from an online online shop vaposhop ( netherlands ) with no problems at all ( shipped in five days ). Good shop for european customers!

I will try vaping on 260 celsius and i will see if weed turned black! Test if unit is maybe defect?!

vaporman27,
FUCK extreme vaporizer!!! MY WEED is burning on fan3 260 celsius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaporizer is defective!
What can i do? Can i contact arizer directly or online shop? Can someone tell me if burning weed in extreme q is normal? What a shit vaporizer!

vaporman27,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vaporman27 said:
FUCK extreme vaporizer!!! MY WEED is burning on fan3 260 celsius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaporizer is defective!
What can i do? Can i contact arizer directly or online shop? Can someone tell me if burning weed in extreme q is normal? What a shit vaporizer!

First, why are you vaporizing at 260c? There's no need for that. Many Arizer users, including me, start at 160C and rarely exceed 190C. There is a study that claims that benzene is released at temperatures above 200C, so lots of people stay below that for safety. I do it because I find lower temperature vapour is tastier and easier on the throat and lungs. It also leaves more potent ABV for edibles or QWISO recovery.

Second, black does not mean combustion. Combustion is difficult to mistake. It means you had at least a glowing coal, if not visible flame. The burnt taste is blatantly obvious as well. The ash from combustion isn't black, it's grey.

Finally, in the unlikely case that you really are reaching combustion, you should contact Arizer as already suggested.

Oh, one more thing: based on your description, I'll go out on a limb and say you aren't stirring. You can get a black spot even at 240C if you don't stir.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom