The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Stu said:
@Flotntoke
The 3/8" I.D. tubing that you use isn't loose on the glass pieces? When I went shopping for tubing, I brought an elbow with me, and when I tried to fit it into a piece of 3/8, it was loose and didn't seal at all. I had to go with the 5/16" I.D. that Arizer now apparently uses, too.

I'd like to pick up some silicone tubing online, but I don't want to blow the money on 3/8" if it won't fit snugly.

The 3/8 is not as tight on the glass elbow, but have had absolutely no problems with it slipping off. I did have problems like that with VaporWarez and the setups I was using, but that was all tapered glass at the end - and I think the silicon would stretch after a while. No big there either, just snip off a few inches and good as new (tho that much shorter).

On the "straight" glass like the elbow or little glass connectors Arizer uses for mouthpieces I have had little trouble with slipping off. The only time it does happen is with the older scrap I have attached to my AquaVape. It you move too quick or give it a tug, it can slide off. Keep in mind, that is a 3" piece of silicone that was used on another vape daily for probably about 6 months. And, it doesn't even slide off if you push it on 1/2" or better.

Once you get it up past the ridges on an elbow, or if you get it over the first ridge on the mouthpiece it will not slip off! Kind if sticks a little after it's attached for a week or so. Obviously not as hard to get off as the 5/16, but you can't just give it a quick tug and pull it off.

Why bother? I honestly think the thicker looks a little cooler - but the big reason is the additional airflow. It's not much, but a noticeable difference. Going from my old 3/8 to the 5/16 Tygon 3350 wasn't a shock, but definitely different.

Stu - when you were trying it out at the store, was that on food grade or better silicone? Don't doubt you at all, but that is different from my experience. I could see the pvc/vinyl stuff being a little different. I'm guessing that has to be bigger id for many uses because it is so stiff. Would be weird to have different size standards for different material tubing, but you can really stretch the silicone. Maybe pvc just a little wider to compensate?

flotntoke,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sorry I missed your post, Stu. The 5/16 works fine, too. I jsut like the 3/8 and am used to it.

flotntoke,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
oldiebutgoodie said:
@flotntoke -

Thanks for all your great comments (and the kind personal salute, much appreciated).

A couple of follow-up comments:

Re the tubing, absolutely the need to switch to silicone. If you buy from an actual tubing supplier like USPlastic or McMaster-Carr, it is advisable to check the Durometer (hardness) rating. There is a "50" and a "70"; the former is softer and more pliable, IMO better. Re the ID, I'm using 5/16" even though I would prefer the wider airflow of 3/8" because, depending on the glass fittings you are using, the 3/8" may be tad oversize. E.g., ALT sells a tubing 18.8 joint adapter which is rather narrow, similarly so with the exit joint on the VT bowl I sometimes use instead of the Cyclone. I've also had success with the medical grade tubing sold by VaporStore that's used with both the Vaporfection and VaporTower.

Re the AquaVape, a nice little piece but, well, that one's a goner. I was concerned that with its shape, cleaning would require a good bit of handling and shaking, and sure enough, I dropped it. So . . .

I'm now using the Headford inline bubbler written about a lot here. $140 at ALT for the clear version. It's fantastic! About 1.5 oz of chilled water, great 11 slit inline filtration, triple-donut phatty with splash guard, and zero drag. Not a single defect, heavy glass. The 18.8 GonG female fits the Q's elbow (sans screen) and the above ref'd ALT adapter perfectly. I use Fan 1 or Fan 2 for push into the piece, makes the draw even easier. Smoooooth. And too cool looking. I still like my straight tube, but I have to agree with so many others here that inline is the way to go.

Anyway, welcome on board and . . . enjoy!

Thanks oldie. I don't know how others feel, but to me you are the expert I rely on most! Maybe not a true vape-god, but certainly a high preist! :lol: And, no wonder! You must be a mind reader, too. Almost pulled the trigger on the same Headford last night! Was going to post a Q today to ask if anyone had experience with it & AV and could compare. Sorry to hear about your AV. I almost have a heart attack every time it slips in my hands while cleaning!

So....? is the Headford that much better than the AquaVape?

I probably should have just saved up for another week or 2 and got an inline instead of the AV, but was impatient. As it turned out, I came up with a homemade ghetto bubbler that worked pretty nice within hours of ordering the AV! Will post about that in a few.

Also I'm checking out some of the other inlines out there, but keep coming back to the Headford. I love the worked stuff, too. But just can't see spending the $ on it. Not like I show off much gear anymore. Just the same dozen or so friends that stop by (who are all still blown away, confused or skeptical of vaping!), and usually am smoking alone. So, can't get off the $ just for "purdy glass".

While I'm at it, how do the inlines compare with other bubblers - especially 6+ arm percs and/or circle percs?

flotntoke,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu - when you were trying it out at the store, was that on food grade or better silicone? Don't doubt you at all, but that is different from my experience. I could see the pvc/vinyl stuff being a little different. I'm guessing that has to be bigger id for many uses because it is so stiff. Would be weird to have different size standards for different material tubing, but you can really stretch the silicone. Maybe pvc just a little wider to compensate?
I was fitting it with vinyl tubing from Lowes, and yes it was quite firm and not very flexible. Maybe this accounts for the elbow not fitting snugly. I know that the silicone tubing that I just purchased is much more pliable, so I feel confident that the 5/16" I.D. should (I hope) work fine.

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Stu said:
I was fitting it with vinyl tubing from Lowes, and yes it was quite firm and not very flexible. Maybe this accounts for the elbow not fitting snugly. I know that the silicone tubing that I just purchased is much more pliable, so I feel confident that the 5/16" I.D. should (I hope) work fine.

I had a piece of the Lowe's 3/8" PVC and it definitely was too large with no elasticity. I also found that this tubing will break down under high heat.

I think you'll be happy with the Amazon tubing. The spec looks the same as what I've seen on specialty tubing sites, the keys being NSF 51, the wide temp range (some users even put this tubing in the freezer to supplement the ice water in their glass piece), and Durometer 50 = very soft, i.e., flexible.

oldiebutgoodie,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Glass is sweet! Always has been IMO, but seems even more so with a nice vape.

The AquaVape is nice, and I'm shopping hard for something a little nicer, but if you're strapped for cash and have a decent imagination, you can probably come up with something pretty easy.

I used a "high tech" waterbottle made by Camelback. They are the ones who do the water bags for runners, bikers, etc. You know..... those folks that exercise so hard they can't even stop for a sip of water. The Camelback system is usually a water bag with a tube that has a mouthpiece that isn't supposed to leak. You bite the mouthpiece to squeeze open and get water.

I fish and kayak a good bit (hence the float & toke name), and picked up a Camelback waterbottle on clearance a couple years ago. Just a plastic water bottle with the same bite type mouthpiece in the lid. Great idea, but the mouthpiece leaked like crazy unless the bottle was upright. Not too useful for yakking!

As soon as I ordered my AquaVape (of course it couldn't have been just before!) I decided to mess with the water bottle. It actually started as trying to find a way to valve the bag. Someone had posted on here about using a Rubbermaid lid for a valve and I figured I'd try to use this thing. It worked great for that!

But, while playing with it I came up with an idea for a bubbler.

I'd post a pic of it, but not sure how! Anyway, because of the bite valve, the bottle has a straw inside to pull water from the bottom. The straw is about 3/8 ID. Yep... you see where I'm going here. Take off the bite valve, use the lid as is or throw a short piece of silicone tubing on there and your favorite mouthpiece. Put another piece of tubing on the inside side where the straw goes, then just connect that to your bag mouthpiece. The way the bite thing works is that it is supposed to seal when folded down (similar to Rubbermaid lid). Leaks water while laying down for hours, but didn't seem to leak any vapor. And there you have your bag valve.

There is a rubber valve in the lid to let air in when using as a water bottle. It is about 7/16 with a grid in the middle to hold a rubber valve. Pull the valve, ream with a drill and you have a nice sized hole. Just a little too tight to just push a piece of tubing through. Squish your tubing, push it into hole with a paperclip or pen tip so it hangs out the bottom to your desired length.

Fill the water bottle about 3/4 with ice, water, both or try warm water for a nice change. Screw the lid on so the tube inside goes down into the water/ice and there you go!

You may have to be a little creative, but could do the same with a lot of things you probably have lying around the house.

If you have one of these and picked up an AquaVape too (as I did), the lid still works for a bag valve. And, the water bottle part works nice as a chiller for the AV. Just put some ice in there, and set the AV in it between sesh's. Keeps it nice and cool and mouth is wide enough that you don't even have to disconnect the tubing. It just folds at the bottom and fits alongside the AV.

flotntoke,

geddylee

Hello all!
I have posted a few times and have had my Q for about 2 months now. LOVE it! :)
Was using a VaporTower Dual Screen Vapor Whip with an AquaVape!! Worked great until I was cleaning the AquaVape and it fell and broke!! So I decided to look online for something better. Found the Headford Glass - Clear Inline Triple Doughnut Bubbler and read the reviews. Sounds great and ordered one. My question is do I need to get anything else to hook this up with the Extreme Q going into the VaporTower Dual Screen Vapor Whip? How do you insert this into the bubbler? And any reviews or concerns you have on this product would be helpful. Thanks.

geddylee,

oldiebutgoodie

flotntoke said:
Thanks oldie. I don't know how others feel, but to me you are the expert I rely on most! Maybe not a true vape-god, but certainly a high preist! :lol: And, no wonder! You must be a mind reader, too. Almost pulled the trigger on the same Headford last night! Was going to post a Q today to ask if anyone had experience with it & AV and could compare. Sorry to hear about your AV. I almost have a heart attack every time it slips in my hands while cleaning!

So....? is the Headford that much better than the AquaVape?

I probably should have just saved up for another week or 2 and got an inline instead of the AV, but was impatient. As it turned out, I came up with a homemade ghetto bubbler that worked pretty nice within hours of ordering the AV! Will post about that in a few.

Also I'm checking out some of the other inlines out there, but keep coming back to the Headford. I love the worked stuff, too. But just can't see spending the $ on it. Not like I show off much gear anymore. Just the same dozen or so friends that stop by (who are all still blown away, confused or skeptical of vaping!), and usually am smoking alone. So, can't get off the $ just for "purdy glass".

While I'm at it, how do the inlines compare with other bubblers - especially 6+ arm percs and/or circle percs?

Oh my, I'm blushing :D . I assure you that there are far more experienced vapers here than I (although probably few any older). What I find is that different folks have their unique areas of specialty, which really adds to the vibrancy and range of the site. The glass and cooking sections are awesome!

Re the Headford: Yes, it is that much better. Smokemonkey55 recommended it over a Wilson tree perc, which is about all I needed to know. IMO the typical tree percs have more drag and those with a lot of arms can be very fragile, but that is a generalization as there are some good designs out there. I would take a showerdome hands-down over a tree, but again designs vary considerably; the cuts are important or you'll get drag and uneven/less diffusion. Inlines IMHO are really sweet. The Headford has a 4" single chamber with 11 slits that delivers a lot of action up into the donut. The mouthpiece down section is on a 90 to the donut with a reducer at the joint, that's what gives you the splash guard (although 2 ounces of water pulled hard will get past the guard). The only downside is that, while it can sit upright, the slightest touch will knock it over. But it lays easily on its backside. Bare in mind it's not a monster; the body is approx 5"w x 4"h x 3"d with the mouthpiece section 4"h. The only fragile point I can find is a small joint which attaches the GonG section to the donut for stability, and even were it to crack it wouldn't affect the function since nothing passes thru it. The bowl that comes with it (if someone wants to use a torch) uses a glass disc screen which allows good airflow but it lets ash get thru, so if I were going to use it that way I would want to attach an inline ashcatcher (which would also provide a second filtration/cooling chamber given the flame) or use a diff bowl. Finally, like yourself, I can't just more than 2x the price for a worked piece. But at its price point, clearly a lot of value and IMO better than many higher priced bubblers.

Hope that helps a bit.

PS. If the budget is tight, I found a similar bubbler at the ArtFire site by Ouroboro. It appears that Etsy has booted any bong or bubbler listings, so some of the guys there appear to be moving to ArtFire. This one is similar to the Headford in design, and claims high quality. Or if you looking for something bigger than the Headford, for a bit more $ he also has a big double showerhead/inline. Anyway fwiw, it's here:

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=3011940

Good luck.

oldiebutgoodie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
geddylee said:
Hello all!
Was using a VaporTower Dual Screen Vapor Whip with an AquaVape!! Worked great until I was cleaning the AquaVape and it fell and broke!! So I decided to look online for something better. Found the Headford Glass - Clear Inline Triple Doughnut Bubbler and read the reviews. Sounds great and ordered one. My question is do I need to get anything else to hook this up with the Extreme Q going into the VaporTower Dual Screen Vapor Whip? How do you insert this into the bubbler? And any reviews or concerns you have on this product would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm not sure about bubblers, but my mini inline w/ triple doughnut bong has an 18.8mm downstem, so the only thing you need to do to connect it is use the extra elbow that your Q came with instead of a mouthpiece. It just slides right in to your downstem and you're off an vaping in no time flat.

:peace:

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

geddylee said:
Hello all!

Looks like @Stu beat me to the punch. :)

See my comments on the piece above. I've using whip setups with both the Cyclone and the VT whips. So as @Stu said, you can take your second Q elbow (without screen) and it fits perfectly into the Headford joint. With the VT I'm using the 18.8 tubing/GonG adapter from ALT (rather than switching elbows back and forth, I only have two); also works perfectly. The only thing I don't care for is using the Q's elbow-pack because even with the Q's fan that tends to require a harder pull on the Headford than I like to take. I'm betting you're gonna love the Headford.

oldiebutgoodie,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
No need for blushing oldie! Noticed there are some with more experience & posts, but always have found yours worthwhile and what I am looking for. Not blowing smoke or anything (pun intended), but sincerely thanks! This is an AWESOME community and mostly because of a few great folks who have much knowledge and like to share it - you being one of them. Have always felt guilty about not posting more myself, but with 8 or 9 today and only 1 other in more than 2 years - I think the guilt is subsiding!

Thanks for your comments on the Headford and other info. Had been wondering what was going on at Etsy. Haven't really been on a shopping kick for a month or so and noticed things there have changed. Took a look at the ArtFire site. Glad to have that link! But, I think the quality there is a little less than what I have been looking for. Did see some nice stuff on there, just feel a little more comfortable with the Headford based on its rep.

Thanks to you and others, finally just pulled the trigger on the Headford inline - and hard as it was, opted to go for clear glass and keep cost reasonable. I know ALT has a great rep here and elsewhere, but opted for the free shipping offered by RX Industries. They have a lot of the same stuff as ALT, and some different. Hard to say for certain, but I think ALT has more of the nicer high end/high price glass. I'm a sucker for free ship tho! Just another reason I love VapeWorld so much.

RX does have a lot of nice stuff and seldom see them mentioned here, so for those of you looking at glass check them out:
RX Industries

flotntoke,

oldiebutgoodie

@flotntoke -

Thx again for comments and compliments. :) And that RX Industries link as well, yet another source.

Let us know how that Headford works out.

oldiebutgoodie,

petro438

I just got my Extreme Q and I like it a lot, but want to get the most out of it i can and haven't perfected use yet.

-What temperature do you guys use it at?
-How long does the bag usually stay filled, I feel like its deflating too quick when I hit it.
-I get good hits from the whip, but some of my friends think it doesn't work. What could they be doing wrong?
-How much herb do you usually put in? I'm trying to conserve but sometimes my friends complain its not doing anything for them?

Thanks

petro438,

johnnyawesome16

New and Awesome
hey guys, i'm johnnyawesome16

i just bought a EQ after using the extreme at a friends place a few times. i was really very impressed with the machine all around and cant wait til' mine finally gets here tomorrow (USPS is painfully slow). i just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone in this thread in advance for all of the tips and help.

:cool: see you guys around

johnnyawesome16,

mysticlaker

The long thread under the Vaporizer section tells a lot, but here is my advice:

• Make sure your meds are nice and dry and you are using a fine grind.
    I use the elbow pack exclusively filled. I never weighed but is basically two pinches.
    I start at 195 and then depending on my mood go up to anywhere from 205-215. 215 gets hits that are milky[/*]

Good vaping!

mysticlaker,
hey guys,

just been reading the last few pages about different tubing. I was under the impression the stock tubing was medical/food grade or whatever, and from my experience I thought the taste was amazing (although its my first vape, had it a few weeks). Your telling me there's tubing that makes it taste even better?? Thanks for any input you can give me.

sincerely,

an amateur vaper

originalbones,
Theo said:
So I've had my vape since beginning of summer. Lately when you're drawing in with the whip you can hear the air being pulled through the unit. I'm pretty sure this hasn't always been the case but I can't really remember (haha, who can think of why?). So was wondering if you guys have encountered it and if it's just a quick and easy fix of unscrewing the bottom of the unit and just cleaning out the unit of dust/particles and such.

Thanks,
-Theo

whenever you pull through the whip you hear the air or only when you pull really hard?? I notice that if I try to pull really hard I can hear the airflow but isn't that just normal?? thanks!

originalbones,

oldiebutgoodie

originalbones said:
just been reading the last few pages about different tubing. I was under the impression the stock tubing was medical/food grade or whatever, and from my experience I thought the taste was amazing (although its my first vape, had it a few weeks). Your telling me there's tubing that makes it taste even better?? Thanks for any input you can give me.

Google is your friend . . . check the labeling on the tubing; pretty sure this is it:

Your link text

So it is NSF and ANSI certified for "food equipment materials," as well as meeting other food processing related standards. The spec sheet indicates its suitability for food and beverage transfer as well as water distribution and purification, which fits with the movement of vapor.

Personally, I've never experienced any diff in taste between it and the silicone tubing that I prefer (due to its much greater elasticity). Arizer once did use a diff size tubing in earlier models; I don't know if that tubing was the same otherwise or not.

So unless you need the diff characteristics of silicone (primarily it being easier to remove from glass pieces), I'd be happy with "amazing". At least until the need for replacement, when you might switch to silicone for its convenience.

oldiebutgoodie,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
oldiebutgoodie said:
originalbones said:

Google is your friend . . . check the labeling on the tubing; pretty sure this is it:

Your link text

So it is NSF and ANSI certified for "food equipment materials," as well as meeting other food processing related standards. The spec sheet indicates its suitability for food and beverage transfer as well as water distribution and purification, which fits with the movement of vapor.

Personally, I've never experienced any diff in taste between it and the silicone tubing that I prefer (due to its much greater elasticity). Arizer once did use a diff size tubing in earlier models; I don't know if that tubing was the same otherwise or not.

So unless you need the diff characteristics of silicone (primarily it being easier to remove from glass pieces), I'd be happy with "amazing". At least until the need for replacement, when you might switch to silicone for its convenience.

Can't confirm that what I received with my 6 week old Q is the same as in the link (think it is), but it has NSF51 FOOD GRADE printed right on it. Apologies I didn't notice that before.

Mine smelled and tasted very "plasticy" out of the box. Has been hanging in the garage since I got it and doesn't smell/taste nearly as bad now. Maybe mine was a newer piece of tubing and just need to air out? Not sure.

My comments on taste were based on the assumption that if the tubing has taste with just air, that would add taste to your vaping. If you don't, I'm happy for you and hope I haven't worried anyone.

I greatly prefer the silicone. When I draw through it (as soon as I get it and anytime after) I taste almost nothing at all and it is not "plasticy". Again, only my assumption, but I think bringing less outside taste to the mix will result in better vapor taste.

I also greatly prefer the flexible characteristic of silicone while using and ease of pulling from glass.

But, I'm pulling back from my rant on the previous page. If you like the stock tubing and its working for you, go with it. But definitely consider silicone when it is time for replacement. Depending on whet you get and where, it may be the same price or cheaper than the stock replacement from Arizer.

flotntoke,

oldiebutgoodie

petro438 said:
I just got my Extreme Q and I like it a lot, but want to get the most out of it i can and haven't perfected use yet.

-What temperature do you guys use it at?
-How long does the bag usually stay filled, I feel like its deflating too quick when I hit it.
-I get good hits from the whip, but some of my friends think it doesn't work. What could they be doing wrong?
-How much herb do you usually put in? I'm trying to conserve but sometimes my friends complain its not doing anything for them?

While it will take a good chunk of time to do, I strongly suggest reading through this entire thread. You will not only find many responses to your questions (which have been asked many times), but no doubt learn a lot more about the Q that will help in your "getting the most out of it." There are other useful threads too although not specific to the Q, e.g., about the various primary and secondary compounds in the herb, their different effects and relationship to the others, the temps as which they vaporize, etc. Also a great deal of personal experiences coming from combustion to vaporizing.

In short, you will find that your answers depend a lot on a number of variables. For example, what kind of experience do you want (head high, stoney, couch-lock)? What strain and quality of herb are you using, and what is its condition? What hitting technique are you using? How are you packing? Vaporizing, especially with a machine like the Q, offers a substantial range of flexibility. Only with experience and experimenting will you find exactly what's best for you, and for many that is different from one session to another depending on preference at the time. All the extra benefits of vaporizing, and the Q, comes at the expense of needing more time to learn the possibilities.

Re your friends comments, you'll also find here that this is quite common. The reason is that everyone new to vaporizing can only compare it to combustion. There are major differences with combustion: (1) You consume the entire herb instantly and at once; (2) smoke has a faster absorption rate in the lungs; and (3) you are consuming a lot of additional compounds beyond those which create the desired natural effect - carcinogens like benzene and tars - which are only produced by burning. All 3 of these actually do create a somewhat different experience which tends to be more immediately intense, although with vaping you can get to the same destination. When you combine these differences with the other variables like those above, you get different results - but that is on purpose. Very often vaporizing users find that after a short time of adjustment, there is a clean smoothness such that, when they use combustion again, they find that combustion is highly distasteful and uncomfortable.

Some new Q users wanting a gradual transition from combustion, raise the vaporizing temp to ~230+ and elbow-pack; rip that hard and you're guaranteed to get as much cloud as you can handle. (But don't look for exhaling vapor like you do smoke; for maximum effect you want to be absorbing as much of the vapor as you can while with smoke you want to exhale the crap.) For that matter, there are also many power users here that customize their setup such that they get really monster rips (you'll find these folks on the glass threads).

So, read thru this thread, give yourself some time, you'll get to where you want to (and be a lot healthier in the process). You'll also know how to adjust for your combusting friends, keeping in mind that while you can get them higher than a kite, it will never be exactly the same feeling as eating a burning match. :)

oldiebutgoodie,
Okay thanks for your replies. I did notice a little of that "plasticy" smell/taste that you mentioned but that was so more so when it was brand new. However, I did have a hell of a time getting the elbow off of the tubing, thus silicone makes sense. How much better is the silicone in terms of removing/replacing glass parts?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any comments about my above post about hearing the airflow?

Again, thanks for all your replies!! Much appreciated!!

originalbones,

oldiebutgoodie

originalbones said:
How much better is the silicone in terms of removing/replacing glass parts?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any comments about my above post about hearing the airflow?

The silicone can be significantly easier. But note, "can" not "will" - that depends upon its elasticity (or flexibility) which is primarily a consequence of its hardness. Take a look at this page http://www.mcmaster.com/#tubing/ and scroll down to the Durometer scale at bottom. I have some 70 tubing and also some 50. The 50 is very easy to put on and remove from Q elbows, mouthpieces, etc. The 70 is firmer and so a little less easy than the 50 (but still much easier than the Q's stock PVC). That said, I have a GonG tubing adapter where the tubing nipple is unfortunately a bit narrower than the barb on the Q's elbow; I prefer using the 70 with this piece because it provides a tighter fit. So if using Q's stock glass, I'd go with 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD x 1/16" wall with a Durometer 50.

Re hearing the airflow, I can't comment. I'm doubtful I can pull hard enough to be heard :) . And anyway, I'm pulling thru a bubbler so that's what I hear.

oldiebutgoodie,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I think the silicone is very easy to get off the glass. I you can get a thumbnail or something to push on the end of the tubing in a few spots it usually loosens right up and can be wiggled off. My only experience working with the pvc/vinyl was to get it off my glass when I first got the Q. Tried a few things, but was pretty quick to grab a razor knife & cut it lengthwise. Came off real easy then!

On the sound you are hearing.... not sure I know what you mean. I just tried mine dry - no bubbler - and can hear air coming into thru the bottom, but noting unusual. Think that is normal. Maybe as dust & crap have built up in there you have some tighter airflow spots making it louder or whistle-y? Am sure a cleaning wouldn't hurt. I've found a can of compressed air makes any vape cleaning much easier.

flotntoke,
Top Bottom