The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
steven22 said:
The other day I had a chance to use a 2 different friend's Extreme vapes, one was a v3 the other was a Q

iv noticed one big difference between the 2 compared to my v3.. the GonG joints on the heater and cyclone bowl DO NOT sit 100% flush, almost like the heater GonG has a slight oval-ing on it so my cyclone wobbles slightly about 1 mm. the elbows fit flush into the cyclone, so its not the bowl... but the heater cover GonG

the friend's have 100% flush fitting GonG joints... I didnt notice a difference in performance... maybe mine leaks air slightly when the fan is on.. maybe requiring a little extra time to inflate the balloon, maybe not, I didnt test it.

and I remember reading in one of the old non Extreme Q threads that arizer changed the heater cover slightly so it didnt cause the cyclone to stick to the heater and causing it to break or crack..

any light on any of this?... should I be concerned?.... im not upset, but it does give a cheap feel to my unit since it wobbles, compared to the ones I tried out at my friends.

thank you.

I had my first Extreme v3 replaced under warranty because the fan failed. (This was right after the Q was introduced.) The cyclone sat flush on the original, no wobble. On the replacement, the cyclone bowls wobble. It's ever so slight but it annoys me. Later, I had to replace the heater cover and the cyclone bowls still wobble. It's definitely a heater cover issue. It was speculated here that they made the change for the reason you suggest: to avoid breakage from sticking. If that's true, I don't understand why the bowls sit snugly on the Q.

I've never been concerned that it leaks enough to make any difference.

pakalolo,

steven22

pakalolo said:
steven22 said:
The other day I had a chance to use a 2 different friend's Extreme vapes, one was a v3 the other was a Q

iv noticed one big difference between the 2 compared to my v3.. the GonG joints on the heater and cyclone bowl DO NOT sit 100% flush, almost like the heater GonG has a slight oval-ing on it so my cyclone wobbles slightly about 1 mm. the elbows fit flush into the cyclone, so its not the bowl... but the heater cover GonG

the friend's have 100% flush fitting GonG joints... I didnt notice a difference in performance... maybe mine leaks air slightly when the fan is on.. maybe requiring a little extra time to inflate the balloon, maybe not, I didnt test it.

and I remember reading in one of the old non Extreme Q threads that arizer changed the heater cover slightly so it didnt cause the cyclone to stick to the heater and causing it to break or crack..

any light on any of this?... should I be concerned?.... im not upset, but it does give a cheap feel to my unit since it wobbles, compared to the ones I tried out at my friends.

thank you.

I had my first Extreme v3 replaced under warranty because the fan failed. (This was right after the Q was introduced.) The cyclone sat flush on the original, no wobble. On the replacement, the cyclone bowls wobble. It's ever so slight but it annoys me. Later, I had to replace the heater cover and the cyclone bowls still wobble. It's definitely a heater cover issue. It was speculated here that they made the change for the reason you suggest: to avoid breakage from sticking. If that's true, I don't understand why the bowls sit snugly on the Q.

I've never been concerned that it leaks enough to make any difference.

interesting... thanks for sharing your findings... I wonder if the other Q owners can chime in on whether their bowls wobble or if its 100% flush... I didnt play around with my Q friend's bowl that much, but i am sure it didnt wobble.

I dont hate the wobble , but when I first used the friend's vape It just felt like theirs were of higher quality because it didnt wobble. its a psychological thing.

oh well... love my v3

steven22,

Theo

My heating element wobbles but the cyclone joint fits flush with the heating element joint. And I've never heard or had anybody comment on any sort of buzzing sound, and I'm only 19.

Theo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
oldiebutgoodie said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Not when the fans running. When the unit is just on...slightly moving the cyclone bowl fixes it sometimes....otherwise just dropping the temp...

I contacted them when i bought it, and just got a suggestion to try using the Vape in a different room in my house. Thats not the issue, lol. But it hasn't affected the performance at all....so Its kinda a non issue i guess.

Another thing is, my mother can't hear the whistling noise, nor can many people above 25-30. I even have a couple of friends that are around my age (20) that can't. Seems to be a high enough frequency that, like the mosquito noise (google it) that only people with real good ears can hear it. Meaning sending it in, may not be worth it...they might not even be able to hear the issue to try and diagnose it.

Your message gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

So apparently the the culprit is your own hearing! I honestly can believe that: My wife has "ears like a bat", as she puts it. And it's true. Long before my hearing degraded (too many nights at the Fillmore, but that's before your time), she would often say "Can't you hear that?". Well, nobody could hear what she heard, and her hearing is still every bit as sharp. I swear, she's like a cat (sharpness) and a dog (pitch). In short, you have a gift.

That said, if the noise abates by jiggling the cyclone or changing the temperature, that suggests that its source is heat pressurization that builds in the cyclone and escapes, depending on the bowl seal to the element; alteration in the temp would also change the relative pressure thus affecting any escaping air (the heat probably creates a slight vacuum which pulls air in from the vents underneath, theoretically that could be the source, too). Arizer's response is not as off the wall as it may seem; ambient temp and air could conceivably have an effect. But jeez, we are talking very fine grain gradations here.

I wouldn't bother sending it back, either. Who knows what you might start hearing with another unit? :lol:

You got it...I have a couple friends that get annoyed by it, to which i say take a bigger hit and bug off.

I read a post by the myrtle zap member i believe in another thread talking about the pulse modulator used to regulate heat, could be that...otherwise i kinda had a similar theory to yours about the air escaping

Also, my cyclone wiggled a little, eq newest model

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hello all, quick question about the Q. I normally turn it on en i first medicate, and it stays on through the duration of my being at home. My normal habit (haven't figured out where it originated) is to set the temp to 50c when I'm done for the day, shutting it down when it reaches 50, or setting the timer if I'm busy/preoccupied. My question is, is there any reason, pro/con, etc. to do this? Theoretically, it will cool down all the same just turning the unit off at any set temp (letting you have the q on a pre-determined temp when its turned on.)

I don't know if i read something, or just thought it up, but if theres no reason to, or not to do this, skipping it would save some time wrapping up the last sesh of the night.

Purpl3_Haz3,
BuddahMonk said:
I understand that it doesn't take long to warm up and I don't mind the wait. But i was just wondering what would be best for the life of the unit and it's components.
So, is it bad to leave my Extreme Q on all day at 230c? Or is it recommended to reduce the temp. in between sessions? Is there any extra stress to the unit if it is turned off and then fully heated multiple times a day?

I would guess, NOT running your unit all day-every day, would help avoid extra stress. Don't you think? I even unplug mine from the wall when not in use.

luvnthevapor,

BuddahMonk

luvnthevapor said:
BuddahMonk said:
I understand that it doesn't take long to warm up and I don't mind the wait. But i was just wondering what would be best for the life of the unit and it's components.
So, is it bad to leave my Extreme Q on all day at 230c? Or is it recommended to reduce the temp. in between sessions? Is there any extra stress to the unit if it is turned off and then fully heated multiple times a day?

I would guess, NOT running your unit all day-every day, would help avoid extra stress. Don't you think? I even unplug mine from the wall when not in use.

Not trying to change my pattern of use. Just trying to see what would be best for the life of my extreme in the long run with my normal usage.

BuddahMonk,
BuddahMonk said:
luvnthevapor said:
BuddahMonk said:

Not trying to change my pattern of use. Just trying to see what would be best for the life of my extreme in the long run with my normal usage.

My bad man, for some reason I thought you were asking if you should just keep the Q on 24/7. I have the 2 hour timer on so the Q doesn't run for too terribly long when I get couch lock and forget about it.

luvnthevapor,

ExQ2HiSi

So, I just ran a few tests with bag fills to finely tune my settings.

First off, I found elbow packing to be much better than the cyclone bowl that I thought was:
1. less bud needed and bags still looked great
2. no need to stir or tap my Extreme-Q during bag fill
3. the AVB looks much better than before when I was using the cyclone bowl and much more herb.

Second, fan speed 3 wins over speed 1 and even the Owners Manual is saying this.

"...for best results we recommend that you use fan setting #3 (High Fan Speed)."

Third, I finally found my sweet spot at 220*C with the elbow packs, at least visually when comparing the pics I took.

I'm looking forward to using the AVB to make some brownies this week while on vacation.

I've used a paper clip to do a quick tube scrape of the honey, then used and a glass burn rod to hotknife it in to a soda bottle.

I'm really liking the conserving of my bud as wells as the reclaiming of the resin, AVB, etc.

ExQ2HiSi,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
ExQ2HiSi said:
So, I just ran a few tests with bag fills to finely tune my settings.

First off, I found elbow packing to be much better than the cyclone bowl that I thought was:
1. less bud needed and bags still looked great
2. no need to stir or tap my Extreme-Q during bag fill
3. the AVB looks much better than before when I was using the cyclone bowl and much more herb.

Second, fan speed 3 wins over speed 1 and even the Owners Manual is saying this.

"...for best results we recommend that you use fan setting #3 (High Fan Speed)."

Third, I finally found my sweet spot at 220*C with the elbow packs, at least visually when comparing the pics I took.

I'm looking forward to using the AVB to make some brownies this week while on vacation.

I've used a paper clip to do a quick tube scrape of the honey, then used and a glass burn rod to hotknife it in to a soda bottle.

I'm really liking the conserving of my bud as wells as the reclaiming of the resin, AVB, etc.

I have found similar results...I usually grind .5 or so, and suck a little into the elbow when I want a bag...220-230 is my usual. Smetimes lower depending on pending plans

Purpl3_Haz3,
Right now I'm using the raised screen method for blowing bags between 200-230C. With the raised screen I'm using very small amounts and getting great results. I've realized I can use less herb than previously thought. Like others here have said, you can use just enough to cover the screen. Damn.....I've been wasting herb.

luvnthevapor,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
luvnthevapor said:
Right now I'm using the raised screen method for blowing bags between 200-230C. With the raised screen I'm using very small amounts and getting great results. I've realized I can use less herb than previously thought. Like others here have said, you can use just enough to cover the screen. Damn.....I've been wasting herb.

came to that realization quickly after raising mine too! i used one flat on bottom, then one dented sitting dent up, then one sitting dent down, fits snugg, doesnt fall out when emptying cyclone...and I love the sprinkle that covers the bottom getting me countless rips!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I plan on changing my bag tomorrow, as I am out of fresh ones...I'm going to go to the local store and purchase oven bags...not sure what sizes are available, but I plan on trying to get at least 1 large one(3+ feet) and one small one(3 feet or less). any input on what I might be looking for, specific brands etc would be helpful. Does anyone know if they make oven bags at decent length(6ft)?

As far as attaching them, I have dealt with the stock bags a few times now, and I feel I have been fighting a losing battle. I would like to try a new approach opposed to the small tight o-rings. any input on using zip ties? i have very small ones, and could theoretically fit one in place of each o-ring used in the regular setup. As far as the bag goes, I'm just gonna try my best to bunch it up evenly all the way around, and go from there.

Hope this isn't a waste of a post, I didn't find a lot on searching here that I haven't already read...

Thanks

Edit, I really need to change my bag soon, tomorrow if possible, so in store options are priority...but, for future bags, what is the cheapest roll of bag I can buy? like the roll of bag available for cano, that you cut in sections.

Purpl3_Haz3,

CutePanda

I use the tip of a led pencil to put that bitch o-ring in it's place. Your goal is to get a little section of the o-ring over the hump first and then work your way around using the pencil as your tool. Some teamwork never hurts either. It looks like Reynold's carries 2 different sizes. A large at (16"x17 1/2") and a turkey size at (19"x23 1/2"). Not sure how these measurements match up with the EQV stock bag.

CutePanda,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
steven22 said:
I wonder if the other Q owners can chime in on whether their bowls wobble or if its 100% flush... I didnt play around with my Q friend's bowl that much, but i am sure it didnt wobble.

I dont hate the wobble , but when I first used the friend's vape It just felt like theirs were of higher quality because it didnt wobble. its a psychological thing.

Both. My Q's bowl has a nice clean fit to the element's glass female. After reading your post, I tried to wiggle it and yes, there is an extremely slight "wiggle" possible. If anything, I expect this is intentional. The way to remove the bowl esp when hot (since the glass will have expanded) is to very gently move it back-and-forth. Turning/twisting can break it. So that miniscule play at the joint is to facilitate removal. But there is still a solid seal.

But even if there were a bit more play in the joint, that's harmless. The air flow comes up the center of the element exiting an inch above the bowl's bottom rim; the only way to lose any of that air flow would be with a lot of back pressure.

oldiebutgoodie,

wildgod

Help using Arizer Extreme Q (merged)

I used to use a Volcanoe and loved it. Decided to get the Q and just cant get this thing to work right.
Can someone tell me what setting to use for a balloon? How long should the herb sit? When to put on the bowl?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

wildgod,

ttb3

Can somebody with an aquavape tell me how you like using it with the EQ? I have a vaporbong setup right now, but I'd like to clear up some space on my coffee table and the aquavape's compact size is just what I need.

ttb3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
wildgod said:
Help using Arizer Extreme Q (merged)

I used to use a Volcanoe and loved it. Decided to get the Q and just cant get this thing to work right.
Can someone tell me what setting to use for a balloon? How long should the herb sit? When to put on the bowl?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

For starters, try turning the unit on, set it to 200c, and let the unit, cyclone bowl, and ebow all warm up for about 10 mins. grind up .2-.4 fairly fine. Put the herbs in the cyclone, they don't need to be packed at all, but try to make sure they evenly cover the bottom of the bowl. Then put the elbow back on and way 5-10 mins. Inhale the excess air from the bag, attach it, and turn the fan on speed 2, or 3.

Once it's full turn it off, remove the balloon, get vaked, and try to post some results back here!

Have fun, welcome to FC

Further questions about your EQ can go here, if not found here http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

ttb3 said:
Can somebody with an aquavape tell me how you like using it with the EQ? I have a vaporbong setup right now, but I'd like to clear up some space on my coffee table and the aquavape's compact size is just what I need.

I don't have one, but everyone here who does seems to love them. I currently use a small bong setup, and am going to be replacing it with the aquavape..hope this helps

Purpl3_Haz3,

ttb3

sounds like we're in the same boat. i've been reading up on it a lot and just wanted to make sure people are happy with the EQ+aquavape setup. Thanks!

ttb3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Aquavape will fit 100% of your needs (compact & versatile water filtration), with the EQ as with other vapes!

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
Aquavape will fit 100% of your needs (compact & versatile water filtration), with the EQ as with other vapes!

Ive been considering purchasing an HerbalAire h2.1 or whatever, and possibly selling the q to fund that purchase...any input on using the aquavape with it? I have heard it (herbalaire) draws a bit harder...

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Never used the HA but as it has a whip option you should find a way to adapt da AV... Be careful on the internal diameter of the whip though, as the AV will fit on a 8mm ID tubing. I think less won't fit on the AV.

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
Never used the HA but as it has a whip option you should find a way to adapt da AV... Be careful on the internal diameter of the whip though, as the AV will fit on a 8mm ID tubing. I think less won't fit on the AV.

Cool, thats kinda what i figured...thanks for those dimensions, that'll be a good help! Plan on upgrading the tubing on the HA, as ive heard it's stiff.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom