The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ExQ2HiSi

@oldie - man that's hilarious, in all my experimenting i found 190* and 220/230*c being the sweet spots, but having different highs.....the later being closer to my ol' GonG

@luvnthevapor - I also can not really settle on a temp. seems like the higher temps are more what I am used to with heavy combustion, tho I was really liking the taste at the lower temps and I could get an extra bag and/or better AVB

@geddylee - my wife still uses her pipe and I couldn't drag myself to hit it if I wanted to. I dry hit it the other day to check if it was clogged and thought I was gonna puke.

@GrooveVapor - agree about the weird affect with fan speeds. i think a factor may be that i always fill the bags to mostly full, no matter how much bug i load. I bet the premise would hold true if I only allow a 30-50% bag fill. basically, i'm thinking that the bag is much too large and the cloud thins out with oxygen regardless of fan speed. think i will test this now ;)

ExQ2HiSi,

warren79

oldiebutgoodie said:
I'm gonna do that. But first a question to you and @warren79 (and anyone else) . . .

Going back over your posts, I noticed you remarked that elbow-packing didn't seem to work as well with the bag. @warren79, your last post conversely suggests the opposite.

Ive just experimented a lot. Elbow packing works best for bags and whip. When using the whip I usually have some good nugs at hand and just put them into the cyclone and suck them up into the elbow (If you pack the elbow you won't need to suck the herb into it but you will need to stir).

When I blow bags I put some herb into the cyclone as well as HASH in the elbow and blow a bag at roughly 225 C.Hash gives a THICK vapour on Fan speed 3, not so thick at Fan speed 1 (this should theoretically be reversed).

I have a question though. Why do you guys Vape from a Low temp and work your way up?I see a lot of guys starting as low as 185 C and work there way up to 225 C?

Wouldn't it be better to just go straight to 225 C and get everything out together instead of 1st getting THC then getting the other CNBS?

warren79,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
warren79 said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
I'm gonna do that. But first a question to you and @warren79 (and anyone else) . . .

Going back over your posts, I noticed you remarked that elbow-packing didn't seem to work as well with the bag. @warren79, your last post conversely suggests the opposite.

Ive just experimented a lot. Elbow packing works best for bags and whip. When using the whip I usually have some good nugs at hand and just put them into the cyclone and suck them up into the elbow (If you pack the elbow you won't need to suck the herb into it but you will need to stir).

When I blow bags I put some herb into the cyclone as well as HASH in the elbow and blow a bag at roughly 225 C.Hash gives a THICK vapour on Fan speed 3, not so thick at Fan speed 1 (this should theoretically be reversed).

I have a question though. Why do you guys Vape from a Low temp and work your way up?I see a lot of guys starting as low as 185 C and work there way up to 225 C?

Wouldn't it be better to just go straight to 225 C and get everything out together instead of 1st getting THC then getting the other CNBS?

The reason for starting low, and (potentially) working your way up is to get particular effects, as opposed to being hit by a locomotive train of stoned-ness all at once(which some people like, just not everytime).

tdavie said:
AI=anti inflammatory
E=Euphoriant
AN=analgesic
AE=antiemetic (anti nausea)
AX=anxiolytic
AS=antipsychotic
BD=bronchodilator
AD=antidepressant
SE=sedative

Temperature oC Temperature oF General Effect
140 284 2AI
150 302
160 320 E,2AN,3AI,AE,AX,AS,BD
170 338 AX,2AN,AS,2AI
180 356 AE,AD,2AI,AX
185 365 SE
190 374 2SE,AD,AX
200 392
210 410
220 428 AI,AN,E,SE
225 437 SE
230 446 SE

the quote above is from http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197 which is a thread about the different effects associated with particular temps. the quote above is rough i believe, not to be taken as accurate, but if this interests you then check out that thread.

for instance, when I first wake up, i fill a bag at 175, that gets me going and i eat some food, etc...later in the day, i hit the higher temps. if i started with a bag at 230c first time AM id be back asleep for a couple hours :D

other people wish to only attain the lighter/headier low temp medicated state, as opposed to the couch lock, thus lower temps...

and lastly, the lower temp you vape at overall, the more goodies you have left in your AVB for edibles, if thats what your going for...

Purpl3_Haz3,

geddylee

This is for oldiebutgoodie.
To answer your question yes it is the one on VaporStore.com. There are a few different whips on that site and other sites as well. Don't know how good the other ones are but this is the one I have and it works GREAT!.
Here is the link. https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VT-DXHK
And I have the straight gourd setup. I called VaporStore and asked them which was better and they said either one will work with the Extreme Q. The only thing I find is that the stock tubing it comes with kinks sometimes at the very top where it goes from the glass bowl to the hosing when you have it hooked up to the Q. This is really no big deal as I just hold the tubing up a little with my hand while pulling milky hits. I am thinking if you get the gourd with the 90 degree angle on it this will never happen as the tubing will be coming off from the side instead of the top.
I would highly recommend purchasing this whip as it works fantastic and looks really cool. Hope that helps!

geddylee,
I'm really thinking about raising the screen for the cyclone because I feel as is its completely useless. I elbow pack because I can two bags that are relatively full with a little amount of herb whereas I feel I get two great bags in the cyclone by using 3 times the amount of weed.

Interesting about this back pressure though being created by the elbow because as of right now I definitely think the elbow is the way to go with the bag. You can use a lot less weed and still get some thick vapor, just leave at 220 for a bit and then knock down to 200 for a f3 bag.

I really can't wait to use the whip but I feel I'll be waiting until I get another bong. I actually sold the bong I was using with my VaporBros in order to purchase my Arizer and before I got it I was really enjoying vaping out of the bong. This thing must be a beast with a straight tube and a GonG.:brow:

GrooveVapor,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
@hereatlast & @geddylee -

Thanks very much for the quick replies and additional info. I think I'm going to give that VT whip a try, with the L shaped gourd. I love the Q, but am not thrilled with elbow-packing. The VT seems more flexible and easier, other than the extra care needed with the piece getting hot. No one mentioned this, but I also suspect that the draw may be a tad easier, too.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

GrooveVapor said:
I'm really thinking about raising the screen for the cyclone because I feel as is its completely useless . . .

Then you've probably already read about the various techniques to do this (including Arizer's view that it doesn't change anything). Just fwiw, what I found the easiest is to simply use 2 concave screens, 1 pointing down and the other atop it pointing up. The second screen also adds protection for the element below. Just my :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

BuddahMonk

If I plan to use the EQV several times a day, which is the recommended way to use the Extreme?

1. Should I turn the unit off after every use, then turn it on and warm up before using it again?
2. Leave the unit on all day at my desired temp? And turning off at night?
3. Or leave the unit on all day but reducing the temp to lowest setting when not in use?

What would be less stressful on the unit?

BuddahMonk,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
@BuddahMonk
your over-thinking it bud. it only takes >5 mins to heat up, not a big deal

I have mine on the 2 hour auto-off. pretty much when I see it has timed out, it is a reminder to turn it on and get baked again.

Persona Non Grata,

BuddahMonk

I understand that it doesn't take long to warm up and I don't mind the wait. But i was just wondering what would be best for the life of the unit and it's components.
So, is it bad to leave my Extreme Q on all day at 230c? Or is it recommended to reduce the temp. in between sessions? Is there any extra stress to the unit if it is turned off and then fully heated multiple times a day?

BuddahMonk,

oldiebutgoodie

geddylee said:
This is for oldiebutgoodie.
To answer your question yes it is the one on VaporStore.com. There are a few different whips on that site and other sites as well. Don't know how good the other ones are but this is the one I have and it works GREAT!.
Here is the link. https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VT-DXHK
And I have the straight gourd setup. I called VaporStore and asked them which was better and they said either one will work with the Extreme Q. The only thing I find is that the stock tubing it comes with kinks sometimes at the very top where it goes from the glass bowl to the hosing when you have it hooked up to the Q. This is really no big deal as I just hold the tubing up a little with my hand while pulling milky hits. I am thinking if you get the gourd with the 90 degree angle on it this will never happen as the tubing will be coming off from the side instead of the top.
I would highly recommend purchasing this whip as it works fantastic and looks really cool. Hope that helps!

@geddylee -

Again, thx for the info. I purchased the unit at the link you provided. Won't have a chance to use it for a while, but checking it out I did notice a few things. I'd be interested in any comments you have on the following:

On the positive side (and diffs from the cyclone), the wider flatter pathway and bowl (which I figure will hold up to ~.3) closer to the element I expect to provide strong vaporization w/o need for stirring, nor the extra fiddling needed with an elbow-pack. I also like the ventricle being exposed like it is because I'll be able to see the vapor density. Interestingly, the 2 screen's mesh is tighter than the Q's bowl screen (good protection for the element below) but not so much as the elbow dome (so overall probably ~same draw). I have the L gourd, which does eliminate any tube kinking. That said . . .

On the not-so-sure side, there are 2 protective silicone rings that cover the metal joints which are unscrewed to access the bowl. With the larger ring on the female end which fits onto the element, it prevents lowering the wand far enough down past the Q's top bezel so I cannot fully secure the wand to the Q's glass male - I have to remove that ring which given the heat on that end will mean that I'll have to let it cool (or maybe cool it by just a little dunk in room temp water) before unscrewing that piece. I also noticed that the female-to-male fit is not quite as clean as the cyclone (but still acceptable), and of course it cannot rotate as does the Q's elbow in the cyclone. (While the 2 alternative Wands at Vaporstore appears to be thinner/higher above the element, they don't come with the silicone protective rings, anyway.)

One other thing I'll be very interested to check, given the wide bowl closer to the air exit in the element below, whether that will heat the material in the center of the bowl more so than its perimeter (i.e., a hot spot). I suspect with this wand's screen mesh that there is a slight amount of back-pressure (as the elbow creates in the cyclone) which may distribute the air in the bowl for even vaporizing.

All in all, I'm pleased so far with what I see. The only real downside is with having to remove the protective silicone ring, and the pluses seem to far outweigh that.

Comments? And, thx again for the pointer.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

BuddahMonk said:
I understand that it doesn't take long to warm up and I don't mind the wait. But i was just wondering what would be best for the life of the unit and it's components.
So, is it bad to leave my Extreme Q on all day at 230c? Or is it recommended to reduce the temp. in between sessions? Is there any extra stress to the unit if it is turned off and then fully heated multiple times a day?

Since your question fundamentally deals with the physics and electronics of the machine, you can probably only get an authoritative answer directly from Arizer. It may be of note that since the unit is designed for aromatherapy as well, it should be designed for extended use at low/moderate temps. Leaving the unit on at a high temp like 230c is pointless; it can go from 180-230c in <1 minute. Furthermore, at that heat if material is left in the bowl you'll unnecessarily accelerate it drying out and oxidizing, lowering its potency. Given that, you would want to either leave the temp quite low and/or add material only upon use; in either case, you have a few minutes percolation time after the unit has reached your desired temp before ready for use. As far as turning off/restarting each session, that expansion/contraction will stress the element/glass but it will be within tolerance; again, only Arizer can tell you the effect of that relative to normal MTBF.

oldiebutgoodie,

BuddahMonk

@oldie
Thanks. Emailed arizer the other day but haven't gotten a reply yet so i decided to ask here. I was just concerned with what to do with the unit in between my sessions. I do not leave the unit on at high temps. I usually hit the 50c button on the remote when I am done and heating to my desired temp when I'm ready to use it again.(I don't leave or pack anything in the bowl or elbow when not in use) I was just wondering if there was a better way. Do you think the resting temp should be higher than 50c to cause less stress to the unit when reheating to desired temp?

BuddahMonk,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
BuddahMonk said:
@oldie
Thanks. Emailed arizer the other day but haven't gotten a reply yet so i decided to ask here. I was just concerned with what to do with the unit in between my sessions. I do not leave the unit on at high temps. I usually hit the 50c button on the remote when I am done and heating to my desired temp when I'm ready to use it again. I was just wondering if there was a better way. Do you think the resting temp should be higher than 50c to cause less stress to the unit when reheating to desired temp?

Not sure what's best, but my operating range being 175c to 230c, I just drop it to 175 between sesh's

Purpl3_Haz3,

steven22

Whats the general consensus when it comes to the concern about the air passing through wires and circuitry inside the vape?... I saw it being brought up at another forum and wanted to know what you guys thought about it... iv been using my v3 for over a year and love it ... but I am curious

steven22,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
steven22 said:
Whats the general consensus when it comes to the concern about the air passing through wires and circuitry inside the vape?... I saw it being brought up at another forum and wanted to know what you guys thought about it... iv been using my v3 for over a year and love it ... but I am curious

It seems like the air passes over the mentioned wires, etc, before hitting the heat...IMO this is a minimal concern....considering that the air we breath passes over much more objectional things everyday. Some people would argue, that other vapes pull in fresh air, that touches only glass and heat, then your herbs to your lungs. The fact of the matter is, unless there is a filter on the air intake for the vape, your just inhaling contaminated air anyways. That is unless your vaping in a steril room, etc.

Purpl3_Haz3,

oldiebutgoodie

BuddahMonk said:
@oldie . . . Do you think the resting temp should be higher than 50c to cause less stress to the unit when reheating to desired temp?

As long as the components are not inferior, I doubt it really makes much difference. Generally with the materials with which this device is made, the only issues would come from very high heat for a sustained period of time. There is expansion/contraction in the element & glass cover, but still with those materials, assuming quality, there tends not to be an issue unless there are extremes or the cooling is too rapid. So in other words, short of dropping ice on a very hot element, doubtful it would be an issue either. Given the temp at which aromatherapy herbs are vaporized, I wouldn't expect any issues keeping it anywhere in the 100c's, as Purpl3_Haz3 indicated.

oldiebutgoodie,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
oldiebutgoodie said:
BuddahMonk said:
@oldie . . . Do you think the resting temp should be higher than 50c to cause less stress to the unit when reheating to desired temp?

As long as the components are not inferior, I doubt it really makes much difference. Generally with the materials with which this device is made, the only issues would come from very high heat for a sustained period of time. There is expansion/contraction in the element & glass cover, but still with those materials, assuming quality, there tends not to be an issue unless there are extremes or the cooling is too rapid. So in other words, short of dropping ice on a very hot element, doubtful it would be an issue either. Given the temp at which aromatherapy herbs are vaporized, I wouldn't expect any issues keeping it anywhere in the 100c's, as Purpl3_Haz3 indicated.

Thanks for pointing out the aroma therapy herbs bit...I wasn't sure myself what temp those vape at, do you know specifically what temp should be used for them? Regardless, every since owning my q, I've got a high pitched whistling noise intermittently when having it at temps above 190c, being another reason for my leaving it idle at 175ish...

Purpl3_Haz3,

BuddahMonk

Regarding Caps and Mouthpieces for balloons and whips.... I would like to share what I have been using.

I have an E-cigarette. (V4L) That uses cartomizers. The rubber caps that comes on the pre-filled and blank cartos fit nicely on the Extreme mouthpiece. I have been using these to cap my balloons with no leakage. Also, if you cut a hole in the cap, it can be used as soft rubber cover for the glass mouthpiece that can be changed out easily for party situations. IMO. It is softer on the lips and the slightly increased diameter makes it easier to draw from.

BuddahMonk,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
BuddahMonk said:
Regarding Caps and Mouthpieces for balloons and whips.... I would like to share what I have been using.

I have an E-cigarette. (V4L) That uses cartomizers. The rubber caps that comes on the pre-filled and blank cartos fit nicely on the Extreme mouthpiece. I have been using these to cap my balloons with no leakage. Also, if you cut a hole in the cap, it can be used as soft rubber cover for the glass mouthpiece that can be changed out easily for party situations. IMO. It is softer on the lips and the slightly increased diameter makes it easier to draw from.

I have been doing the same thing for a while now too, but never though to post about it...I use the same little rubber ecig cartomizer caps, but I tethered it to the mouthpiece, so it can be rmoved without losing it...I'll post a pic later, but I just poked a little hole in the side of the cap near the opening and threaded a piece of fishing line through it, and knotted it. Then tied the other end of the fishing line to the mouth piece. I use the same setup on both the bag and whip mouthpiece...

I haven't tried using them as mouthpiece covers with a hole to inhale through...it seems like doing that would make it possible to inhale, while still holding the vapor in when you not hitting it...acting as a cap you wouldn't have to remove to hit...

Purpl3_Haz3,

oldiebutgoodie

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Thanks for pointing out the aroma therapy herbs bit...I wasn't sure myself what temp those vape at, do you know specifically what temp should be used for them?

Maybe this is of help? https://www.vaporstore.com/herb-temperature-vaporize.php

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Regardless, every since owning my q, I've got a high pitched whistling noise intermittently when having it at temps above 190c, being another reason for my leaving it idle at 175ish...

That doesn't sound right. Something in the fan? Or a fan bearing? I suggest contacting Arizer.

oldiebutgoodie,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
oldiebutgoodie said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Thanks for pointing out the aroma therapy herbs bit...I wasn't sure myself what temp those vape at, do you know specifically what temp should be used for them?

Maybe this is of help? https://www.vaporstore.com/herb-temperature-vaporize.php

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Regardless, every since owning my q, I've got a high pitched whistling noise intermittently when having it at temps above 190c, being another reason for my leaving it idle at 175ish...

That doesn't sound right. Something in the fan? Or a fan bearing? I suggest contacting Arizer.

Not when the fans running. When the unit is just on...slightly moving the cyclone bowl fixes it sometimes....otherwise just dropping the temp...

I contacted them when i bought it, and just got a suggestion to try using the Vape in a different room in my house. Thats not the issue, lol. But it hasn't affected the performance at all....so Its kinda a non issue i guess.

Another thing is, my mother can't hear the whistling noise, nor can many people above 25-30. I even have a couple of friends that are around my age (20) that can't. Seems to be a high enough frequency that, like the mosquito noise (google it) that only people with real good ears can hear it. Meaning sending it in, may not be worth it...they might not even be able to hear the issue to try and diagnose it.

Purpl3_Haz3,

oldiebutgoodie

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Not when the fans running. When the unit is just on...slightly moving the cyclone bowl fixes it sometimes....otherwise just dropping the temp...

I contacted them when i bought it, and just got a suggestion to try using the Vape in a different room in my house. Thats not the issue, lol. But it hasn't affected the performance at all....so Its kinda a non issue i guess.

Another thing is, my mother can't hear the whistling noise, nor can many people above 25-30. I even have a couple of friends that are around my age (20) that can't. Seems to be a high enough frequency that, like the mosquito noise (google it) that only people with real good ears can hear it. Meaning sending it in, may not be worth it...they might not even be able to hear the issue to try and diagnose it.

Your message gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

So apparently the the culprit is your own hearing! I honestly can believe that: My wife has "ears like a bat", as she puts it. And it's true. Long before my hearing degraded (too many nights at the Fillmore, but that's before your time), she would often say "Can't you hear that?". Well, nobody could hear what she heard, and her hearing is still every bit as sharp. I swear, she's like a cat (sharpness) and a dog (pitch). In short, you have a gift.

That said, if the noise abates by jiggling the cyclone or changing the temperature, that suggests that its source is heat pressurization that builds in the cyclone and escapes, depending on the bowl seal to the element; alteration in the temp would also change the relative pressure thus affecting any escaping air (the heat probably creates a slight vacuum which pulls air in from the vents underneath, theoretically that could be the source, too). Arizer's response is not as off the wall as it may seem; ambient temp and air could conceivably have an effect. But jeez, we are talking very fine grain gradations here.

I wouldn't bother sending it back, either. Who knows what you might start hearing with another unit? :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,

Moebudz^420

Licensed Self-Provider
Hey, thanx for the tips offered earlier. I have now used my Q with better material, and it works just fine. A great lift that lasted about 1 hr from 2 partial elbow packs, earlier probs were the crappy medicine, no doubt...

Just like my friend's, the hits were thicker and could see it on exhale. Didn't have to go to 230+, used 190 and 200. Maybe a wee bit less duration than smoking, I found the 2 packs gave me 1/2 hr of big lift, with it petering down over the next 1/2 hr - but nothing wrong with that, not much medicine was used. (.2-.3)

In my opinion - She's a keeper for sure, a welcome addition to my "arsenal". Sees use daily... ;-)

Peace

Moebudz^420,

steven22

The other day I had a chance to use a 2 different friend's Extreme vapes, one was a v3 the other was a Q

iv noticed one big difference between the 2 compared to my v3.. the GonG joints on the heater and cyclone bowl DO NOT sit 100% flush, almost like the heater GonG has a slight oval-ing on it so my cyclone wobbles slightly about 1 mm. the elbows fit flush into the cyclone, so its not the bowl... but the heater cover GonG

the friend's have 100% flush fitting GonG joints... I didnt notice a difference in performance... maybe mine leaks air slightly when the fan is on.. maybe requiring a little extra time to inflate the balloon, maybe not, I didnt test it.

and I remember reading in one of the old non Extreme Q threads that arizer changed the heater cover slightly so it didnt cause the cyclone to stick to the heater and causing it to break or crack..

any light on any of this?... should I be concerned?.... im not upset, but it does give a cheap feel to my unit since it wobbles, compared to the ones I tried out at my friends.

thank you.

steven22,
Top Bottom