The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
gim said:
pakalolo said:
Iluvthestickyicky said:
I cut down the size the whip on my extreme Q to about 4 inches...

I'm trying to picture this in use. Seems awkward at best, unless I'm missing something?

So many innuendos to make about sucking on a 4 inch whip.
I'm guessing he lifts the EQ up to hit it. Shorter whips do make for an easier hit, I learned that from trial and error.

Yup yuppers. I often times just use my mini whip (intedned to fill up the ballons), but I just pack an elbow in that and inhale directly from the little whip. Works pretty good and is convenient.

finchrock24,

Gorp

Hello fellow Vapers, this is my first post on your very cool FC forum.
Was lurking here last night while investigating my Q vaporizer, (bought one NIB on Ebay for $166). I love this machine! ESPECIALLY THE REMOTE!!! Nobody's talking 'bout the coolness factor of the remote... after shaking my head in scoffing fashion, I now can't live without it! I have now corrected most of my mistakes regarding vaporizing, and thanks to all of you knowledgeable people, I can now see all the benefits of this device and vaping in general. I used to use way too much herb, at way too hot settings, and began taking pulls way too early, so thanks to all, for setting me right. Here's my little discovery to contribute, (probably everyone realized this but me)...
The blunt end of the glass poker fits perfectly into the tubing to seal the bags. So if you don't use a mouthpiece but just use the 1" surgical tube on the end, you seal it with the glass poker. When finnished, suck out the air, fold it up, seal it.
My set up is as follows:
90% of the time I smoke alone, the packed elbow is definitely the way to go solo!
10 min warm up, 10 min percolate, 365 - 392 F whip or bag this works for me!
My vote for a timer with a nice Temple Gong alarm for pre-warming.

Gorp,

MadScientist625

finchrock24 said:
Hey there...

There is a simple formula for this. Amps x Volts = Watts. If you look on the power supply unit of your EQ, you'll see it says 3500mah...or 3.5Amps. Obviously, the volts supplied from the wall is 120...which is what the PSU takes in.

3.5 x 120 = 420 watts.

You should always try and buy a product that is rated a little higher then what you think the max draw will be. I think if you went with a 500 watt inverter, it would probably work.

Please wait until someone can confirm my post. I don't want you to buy the wrong inverter because of my recommendation. However, google 500 watt power inverter and you can kinda see what you might have to spend.

Actually, just buying a higher power output power supply (PS) isn't going to necessarily help. The heater has a specific resistance which means it draws a fixed amount of current at its designed operating voltage. If the power supply can already meet that requirement, then buying a higher wattage power supply would not have an effect on performance (and a waste of money). If I remember correctly, there may be a power and voltage specification printed on the heater cartridge but I don't remember what it said.

MadScientist625,

MadScientist625

Gorp said:
My set up is as follows:
90% of the time I smoke alone, the packed elbow is definitely the way to go solo!
10 min warm up, 10 min percolate, 365 - 392 F whip or bag this works for me!
My vote for a timer with a nice Temple Gong alarm for pre-warming.

If you look at my time-series temperature data (figure 1), there is not much benefit to pre-heating (percolating) fore more than a few minutes. IMO, anything over 3 min is overkill, especially if you leave the empty elbow / whip on the unit while it's warming up...I don't see any major drawback percolating for 10 min but I don't think there is any benefit...

MadScientist625,

Hery Vappy

Hello everyone.

New member. I've been smoking for about 15 years and it's been daily for at least the last 5. Anyway, I had never vaped before and decided to recently purchase a vaporizer. My research in vaporizers ended with me deciding on the Extreme Q. I bought one on Ebay for $170 from myrubberneck before discovering they are not licensed resellers but needless to say I had already purchased it and they delivered what I ordered. I just have to hope nothing goes wrong with the unit now. That said all accessories were included and it works great.

So I received my unit 2 weeks ago and have been experimenting every night while I read a few pages of this forum which I just finished. Everyone's tips have been awesome. I've been able to conserve so much now and feel way better without combustion. I go almost exclusively with the elbow pack at 185-190 and slowly go up as the vapor reduces. Just got through using all my AVP by blowing bags through the cyclone bowl as I wasnt vaping all my herb had to offer (light briwn with some green) duing my trial and error period. Now its all a good chocolate brown and I'm awaiting my white widow and hash plant haze to come in next week. :ko: I have a few questions. After smoking for so long, vaping is so much smoother I don't understand the benefit of hooking it up to a bong? I know it cools the vapor but is it really that noticeable? Seems like a lot of extra equipment/$$$ for what seems like little improvement. Plus the loss if flavor.

Thank you for all the wonderful insight on this product, I love it and will not go back to smoking aside from the occasional doobie.

Hery Vappy,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
MadScientist625 said:
finchrock24 said:
Hey there...

There is a simple formula for this. Amps x Volts = Watts. If you look on the power supply unit of your EQ, you'll see it says 3500mah...or 3.5Amps. Obviously, the volts supplied from the wall is 120...which is what the PSU takes in.

3.5 x 120 = 420 watts.

You should always try and buy a product that is rated a little higher then what you think the max draw will be. I think if you went with a 500 watt inverter, it would probably work.

Please wait until someone can confirm my post. I don't want you to buy the wrong inverter because of my recommendation. However, google 500 watt power inverter and you can kinda see what you might have to spend.

Actually, just buying a higher power output power supply (PS) isn't going to necessarily help. The heater has a specific resistance which means it draws a fixed amount of current at its designed operating voltage. If the power supply can already meet that requirement, then buying a higher wattage power supply would not have an effect on performance (and a waste of money). If I remember correctly, there may be a power and voltage specification printed on the heater cartridge but I don't remember what it said.

I was just passing on an old rule of thumb my dad passed onto me. I don't really car about technicalities weather or not the PSU will handle or not. I do the same thing when buying micro processors and heat sinks for electronic speed control units...always prepare for 10-20 amps MORE then you think you'll never need.

IMO it is not a waste of money to be more safe then sorry...and if you buy a unit that puts out more power, you can vape and charge a cell phone, run a laptop, watch DVD, etc.

finchrock24,

Pappy

shmaporist
Hery Vappy said:
don't understand the benefit of hooking it up to a bong? I know it cools the vapor but is it really that noticeable? Seems like a lot of extra equipment/$$$ for what seems like little improvement. Plus the loss if flavor.
You'll find the screen and whip system are far from perfect. Solidified vapor and herbal particulates can be ingested through the vapor, especially with dirty equipment. A good bong or bubbler can preserve flavor while enhancing the experience. ;) Welcome to FC.

Pappy,

Hery Vappy

Thanks Pappy. So educate me on the difference between a bong and bubbler. I saw a ways back an attachment that looked to be a "bubbler" directly on the whip. Looked like a small glass attachment with small water chambers, kind if like the shaving cream can device Newman used in Jurassic Park to store the dinosaur embriyos he was trying to steal. Might that be the least intrusive (clutterwise) & simplest modification for this added filtration? I'm trying to build a case for more accessories to the wife but it's gotta to be easy to use. Basically I don't think she will be too excited to have a huge complicated setup considering we used to just smoke joints.

Speaking of cases, does Arizer sell cases for the EQ. I know a drawer has been mentioned but I'm looking for a more secure and mobile solution. Anyone doing custom built cases?

Thanks

Hery Vappy,

Hery Vappy

Will do. Both on bong/bubbler differences or is one on EQ cases too?

Also the topic of custom valves for the bags seemed to have fizzled in this thread, is there more discussion somewhere else?

Many thanks

Hery Vappy,
Mr. Smoke No More said:
picture.php

I'm buying a vape soon and my concern is the cleanest possible heating element...

Is this more or less 'clean' than the Silver Surfer?

I stopped smoking for fear of my health almost a year ago and I won't allow myself to use weed again, even as rarely as I do, until I've got the cleanest possible delivery method...

Any help would be appreciated!

Warden Trance,

thedeserttortoise

Just received a Extreme Q from a dealer on Ebay. I have a late model Tower and this was for a friend. Funny, weird thing. Plugged it in and hit the remote.... the LCD and light blink on for less than a second and go out. Tried the front panel switch... same thing. Just can't turn it on... No real biggie as the dealer is exchanging it. Anyone else had this happen? Instead of a Christmas present it will now be a New Years kind of thing......

thedeserttortoise,

Pappy

shmaporist
Warden Trance said:
I'm buying a vape soon and my concern is the cleanest possible heating element
What that picture doesn't show is Mr. Smoke No More's buddy dropping a can of Pepsi down his Q hole. :lol:

Pappy,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yeah, that dark stuff in that pic is not resin, tar, build up of any kind. It is simply the desire to fix cotton mouth paired with clumsy hands!

finchrock24,
Hey gang, I was wondering if anybody here has ever had problems with the extreme Q being clogged. I've only had the thing for a week and noticed the fan was acting crappy (lack of a better word) and saw that the screen on the actual whip had all sorts of gunk on it. replaced that (and would love to hear if there's a chemical-free way to clean) and the fan still acts weak and pointless. I saw somebody else had this problem but didn't find a solution. Anybody? Thanks in advance.

cloggedvape,

mistab

I have to agree that the elbow packing method for being alone is perfect! Can anyone recommend a good temperature to start out with when elbow packing? I assume to raise by 5 C each hit but what is a good start/end point?

mistab,

Theo

I usually start at 190/200 and just sit there, blow the elbow into the cyclone bowl after it's done, and pack another elbow. I keep doing that, over however many sessions it takes, until the bowl is filled and then i kick it up to 220 and keep it there and stir it around until it's all done. I then throw it into a bag and save it and then proceed to cook it :)

Theo,

stinkmeaner

Hery Vappy said:
Anyone doing custom built cases?

Thanks
Not custom, but why not look into a Pelican Case. These cases are built like tanks and they are lined with foam cubes which you can pick out in the shape of the item you are storing, it will keep the glass safe too.

stinkmeaner,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Theo said:
...blow the elbow into the cyclone bowl after it's done...

I'm betting that if you take your unit apart and look inside, your blowing back into the bowl days will be over ;)

pakalolo,

Panzerkampf

Lovin my EQ guys and I'd like to thank you all for recommending me to buy it but I have a little problem.

My friend's mom threw out the bag, and by extension the mouthpiece. Can I get a replacement unit for both? if so could someone direct me to a place where I could aquire listed items?

Thanks y'all and happy vaping:)

Panzerkampf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Panzerkampf said:
Lovin my EQ guys and I'd like to thank you all for recommending me to buy it but I have a little problem.

My friend's mom threw out the bag, and by extension the mouthpiece. Can I get a replacement unit for both? if so could someone direct me to a place where I could aquire listed items?

Thanks y'all and happy vaping:)
Just do an ebay search for "extreme q" and sort by lowest price. You'll find lots of replacement parts on the top of the results list.

Cheers!

Stu,

stinkmeaner

Hery Vappy said:
After smoking for so long, vaping is so much smoother I don't understand the benefit of hooking it up to a bong? I know it cools the vapor but is it really that noticeable? Seems like a lot of extra equipment/$$$ for what seems like little improvement. Plus the loss if flavor.

Along with cooling and moisturizing the vapor, you also get the benefit of the way a bong hits, if your bong is of decent size you will get that knock out punch of a rip that only bongs can deliver. Plus bongs are just plain fun and gives you a different way to use your Q so things stay fresh and you don't get bored.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
Plus bongs are just plain fun and gives you a different way to use your Q so things stay fresh and you don't get bored
Bingo! Excellent answer. ;)

Pappy,

Theo

pakalolo said:
Theo said:
...blow the elbow into the cyclone bowl after it's done...

I'm betting that if you take your unit apart and look inside, your blowing back into the bowl days will be over ;)

Why? I just blow very quickly to just clear the elbow into the cyclone bowl. I don't get why blowing into it like this would be a problem.

Theo,
Top Bottom