The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

thanks canarka now im getting somewhere

did you need to buy a new downpipe/adaptor for your bong to fit 2nd elbow in at bong side and take vapour under the water?

this might be simple to some but its confusin to me, dont wanna make stoner mistake and order wrong items

thanks

smokinweedgi,

Theo

My Extreme-Q came with 2 elbows, both are 18.8mm joint size. As long as your bong is 18.8 you can hook up your extreme to it easily. You do need to have a working regular set-up though which does include a bong+downstem. You don't need to buy a new type as long as it's 18.8.

Theo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
And if it's the 14mm joint, just buy a 14mm adapter for your whip. Many head shops have these now.

Tstat,

Adaox

Stupid question I'm sure... but I'm dying to know. Do you use the fan when you hook it up to your bong? Or do you just turn it on and rip it? If yes to the former what setting do you find optimal? I love this vape as a home unit just doing a little more research before making the plunge.

Adaox,

Canarka

smokinweedgi said:
thanks canarka now im getting somewhere

did you need to buy a new downpipe/adaptor for your bong to fit 2nd elbow in at bong side and take vapour under the water?

this might be simple to some but its confusin to me, dont wanna make stoner mistake and order wrong items

thanks

Your bong will be either 14mm or 18mm joint. As long as your bong is an 18mm joint then the elbow will slap right in there. If not, you'll be able to get an adapter where the bowl would normally fit into the 14mm and will extrude to 18mm.

Ask any question you want. :)

Adaox said:
Stupid question I'm sure... but I'm dying to know. Do you use the fan when you hook it up to your bong? Or do you just turn it on and rip it? If yes to the former what setting do you find optimal? I love this vape as a home unit just doing a little more research before making the plunge.

I never use the fan to hook it up. I think the extra "pull" you get from using a bong provides more then enough vacuum for hits. I dont think the fan would make any difference at that point.

Canarka,

Adaox

Canarka said:
Adaox said:

I never use the fan to hook it up. I think the extra "pull" you get from using a bong provides more then enough vacuum for hits. I dont think the fan would make any difference at that point.

Interesting. The bong I'm currently using is very cheep and has no percs or anything else, so there isn't as much "pull" as I'd like. So I was wondering if that would be effective. Then again I'll be getting a real bong again soon and I may not need it as you mentioned. Thanks for the answer. :)

Now to see if there is anything I can do about the crappy bag I hear it comes with....

Adaox,
thanks a lot for the help now i get it
so now on to hunt for a bong ,tempted by the showerhead things but will prob just get standard glass bong under 100 quid

smokinweedgi,

drnick

Hey guys and Gals,

I'm new to the Vape scene, My father got himself a Volcano as an early christmas present and it is pretty awesome! I did some research and since the volcano is a little to big for me to store easily, and also a little too expensive I just got myself an Extreme-Q and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

the ONE thing I really liked about the volcano is the mouthpiece on the bag (for those who don't know, it has a sort of check valve style mouthpiece that you simple press into your lips to inhale, and when you take it away it automatically closes to not let any delicious vapor escape)

Is there any sort of similar type mouthpiece for the Extreme Q? (either readily available or by somehow modding the volcano mouthpiece?)

Also, when filling bags I've noticed its sort of hard to get the mouthpiece into the tuving that comes off the elbow (and also tough to get it off when you want to detach the bag) Am I doing something wrong or will this get easier over time?

thanks!

drnick,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
It is hard to get the mouth piece into the tubing at first, bot over time it will become easy. No worries.

finchrock24,

thedeserttortoise

Man... these Q's are quiet. I had nothing to go by when reading everyone's post's. I just bought a Q for a friend of mine......wow! First one was bad so I hooked up the second before unpacking everything else... just blew me away. I turned the fan on low and had to hold it up to my ear to hear it. I felt like handing him my Extreme V3 and keeping the Q. Still...I like my LCD more... what's cool though is I like the Q enough that if mine breaks I won't be changing vape manufacturers....

thedeserttortoise,

thedeserttortoise

drnick said:
Hey guys and Gals,

I'm new to the Vape scene, My father got himself a Volcano as an early christmas present and it is pretty awesome! I did some research and since the volcano is a little to big for me to store easily, and also a little too expensive I just got myself an Extreme-Q and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

the ONE thing I really liked about the volcano is the mouthpiece on the bag (for those who don't know, it has a sort of check valve style mouthpiece that you simple press into your lips to inhale, and when you take it away it automatically closes to not let any delicious vapor escape)

Is there any sort of similar type mouthpiece for the Extreme Q? (either readily available or by somehow modding the volcano mouthpiece?)

Also, when filling bags I've noticed its sort of hard to get the mouthpiece into the tuving that comes off the elbow (and also tough to get it off when you want to detach the bag) Am I doing something wrong or will this get easier over time?

thanks!

Sorry about the sequential post...hey drnick.. that tube to bag thing will get easier down the road as the tube stretch's out a bit. I do remove the elbow and tube before attaching the bag so as not to break the glass helmet over the heater assembly. Also.. I just use the glass pick that came with the unit as a cork for the bag mouthpiece. Works great. Really a multipurpose thing. The flat end helps to set screens and pack elbows (for elbow hits). The pointed end is great for stirring up your herb and cleaning out the two screens when needed. And like I mentioned...its a great cork too.

thedeserttortoise,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Just got my q about a week ago, and I love the glass stirring tool, but I never thought of the cork method Tortoise!

I think I read something on the FC forum somewhere about using glad press n' seal or something for a mouth piece?

I too like the 'cano mouth piece for the bag, being self stopping. Maybe someone with a cano or access to a bag/mouthpiece assembly from one could see if it would be possible to connect one of the EQ whips to the 'cano bag connector. if that worked we could use volcano bags/mouthpieces...

hope this makes sense, just vaped a bag of some Blue dream with a buddy, and im vaked :D

Purpl3_Haz3,

drnick

thanks for the reassurance that im not doing anything wrong. one down side.. I tried using the glass poker as a cork in the bag, but I pressed it in too hard and put a crack in the mouthpiece.. guess its a good thing they give you a spare! lol

one other thing that has been bothering me... I've been using my metal sweetleaf grinder but how do you guys get your weed from the grinder to the bowl? I seem to be spilling a little bit each time by using my fingers..any suggestions?

also, what temps do you guys usually use? I originally started at 200C but have since tried starting at 185C....

I have to say the more I use this the more I wonder WHY I didn't do this years ago! best present I ever bought myself :-)

drnick,

chucku

Charles Urbane
drnick said:
thanks for the reassurance that im not doing anything wrong. one down side.. I tried using the glass poker as a cork in the bag, but I pressed it in too hard and put a crack in the mouthpiece.. guess its a good thing they give you a spare! lol

one other thing that has been bothering me... I've been using my metal sweetleaf grinder but how do you guys get your weed from the grinder to the bowl? I seem to be spilling a little bit each time by using my fingers..any suggestions?

also, what temps do you guys usually use? I originally started at 200C but have since tried starting at 185C....

I have to say the more I use this the more I wonder WHY I didn't do this years ago! best present I ever bought myself :-)

I am guessing your grinder is a 2 pc. I use a 35 mm film can for ground storage. A small 1/2 teaspoon scoop works really well for transferring to the cyclone or elbow. If you use a 4 pc grinder just store it there. I also like to vape at 210 c. That way I approach max extraction but I also use 5-6 ft of silicone tubing which helps to cool the vapor.

chucku,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if using a 2 piece grinder to grind your bud right before you put in the bowl, I found it is easy to use a business card folded in half lengthwise so it makes a v shape. Dump the herb from the grinder onto the business card and just pour it into the cyclone bowl.

DevoTheStrange,

drnick

I have a 4 piece grinder so I usually just keep the grounds in there, I'll find myself a small spoon to use to transfer from the grinder to the bowl, but until then a business card should do the job. thanks for the tips!

drnick,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
DevoTheStrange said:
if using a 2 piece grinder to grind your bud right before you put in the bowl, I found it is easy to use a business card folded in half lengthwise so it makes a v shape. Dump the herb from the grinder onto the business card and just pour it into the cyclone bowl.

Same here, I have millions of sticky notes, business cards, pieces of random paper/cardboard, etc around my house from packing bowls, lol

And Drnick, I read somewhere on here that a pencil eraser works good as a mouth piece cover/stopper..the ones that slide over the used eraser on a pencil

Purpl3_Haz3,

drnick

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Same here, I have millions of sticky notes, business cards, pieces of random paper/cardboard, etc around my house from packing bowls, lol

And Drnick, I read somewhere on here that a pencil eraser works good as a mouth piece cover/stopper..the ones that slide over the used eraser on a pencil

thats pretty brilliant, using a pencil eraser. I"ll try that out. still though, nothing I've seen beats the volcano mouthpiece.... I need to take a good look at one and see if I can mod it somehow to work with the extreme Q, if it had that it would be PERFECT.

drnick,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
drnick said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:

thats pretty brilliant, using a pencil eraser. I"ll try that out. still though, nothing I've seen beats the volcano mouthpiece.... I need to take a good look at one and see if I can mod it somehow to work with the extreme Q, if it had that it would be PERFECT.

Thats what I was thinking...i posted a similar idea the other day;

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I too like the 'cano mouth piece for the bag, being self stopping. Maybe someone with a cano or access to a bag/mouthpiece assembly from one could see if it would be possible to connect one of the EQ whips to the 'cano bag connector. if that worked we could use volcano bags/mouthpieces...

Purpl3_Haz3,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I picked up a great tip earlier in the thread that is worth repeating. If you are packing an elbow simply put the elbow over your herb while it's sitting in the grinder or on the table or wherever and inhale on the end of the whip. the elbow "bowl" becomes the end of your vacuum cleaner and you can easily suck up the amount you need and it's way more fun than using your fingers, etc. Depending upon the stickiness and fineness of the grind I may then tamp the end of the bowl with my pinky or with the blunt end of the glass stirring rod.

You could also use this method to vacuum your herb into the elbow and then put in on the cyclone and with a light exhale drop it into the cyclone. I haven't tried this but it seems like it would work.

VapeArts,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
VapeArts said:
I picked up a great tip earlier in the thread that is worth repeating. If you are packing an elbow simply put the elbow over your herb while it's sitting in the grinder or on the table or wherever and inhale on the end of the whip. the elbow "bowl" becomes the end of your vacuum cleaner and you can easily suck up the amount you need and it's way more fun than using your fingers, etc. Depending upon the stickiness and fineness of the grind I may then tamp the end of the bowl with my pinky or with the blunt end of the glass stirring rod.

You could also use this method to vacuum your herb into the elbow and then put in on the cyclone and with a light exhale drop it into the cyclone. I haven't tried this but it seems like it would work.

hadnt heard of that first one...sounds fun!

as for the blowing to dump it into the cyclone, i heard you shouldnt, as particles will fall down to the heating element/glass shield, etc...causing weed stank, and it probably can't be good for the q i wouldnt think...

Purpl3_Haz3,

tireless

Well after getting caught up in the Zephyr Ion fiasco with a non working unit and no where to send it for warranty (my fiorst Vap and it only worked twice before dying) I bit the bullet and order the ExtremeQ cause after that first time I was hooked..

In a word AWESOME :D

tireless,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Purpl3_Haz3,

Like you said, blowing into the cyclone probably isn't a good thing but that's why I said a light exhale. If you don't do any tamping it will probably just fall out of the elbow into the cyclone when you stop inhaling and if not just a very light exhale should get it to release and shouldn't be much different than just dropping it in.

VapeArts,
Top Bottom