The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Glad u like the elbow now pappy, had a feeling you would. Turned my vape on to 220 to warm it up quick buut forgot to turn it back down to 195 and now i got a sore throat and cant vape too much. Makes me wish i had my bub already, gunna be a while yet, or that i had waited another week to sell my bong.
Elbows are perfect for bonging! Started with the Cyclone but even I can't bong more than 6 hits at a time! The greatest side benefit (besides a 20-30% efficiency bump) is Elbow loads take a lot less wear and tear off off the Q's parts -- Cyclone bowl, screens, tube, etc. Only the Elbow is getting tarry, not even the elbow screen.

Here's a bummer... I got a cold from my bong!:| I think I put too much ice too close to my throat and now I got a sore throat and feel cruddy. Goggled it and I'm not the only person who's caught a cold from a bong. So live and learn and ease up on the ice! :rolleyes:

Pappy,

acehole

:uhoh: what have i gotten myself into now? showerheads, defussers, bulbs, :o thought my big spend was over hehe. am lovin da bags still. never been big glass guy what does it cost and which one is best in opinion of those whom have them all. I must say does setups look incredible very thanks for the pics ..

acehole,

Petfles

Just got this a week ago. Had some health issues with smoking so ordered the extreme q on ebay for around 200 euros. Really loving it! :D

But now I have to find something to use outdoors. I think the battery pack is too expensive, so maybe the magic flight box is a good idea...

Petfles,

Ash057

Petfles said:
Just got this a week ago. Had some health issues with smoking so ordered the extreme q on ebay for around 200 euros. Really loving it! :D

But now I have to find something to use outdoors. I think the battery pack is too expensive, so maybe the magic flight box is a good idea...
magic flight is an excellent idea! (to go along with you Extreme)

Ash057,

Pappy

shmaporist
Ash057 said:
Petfles said:

magic flight is an excellent idea! (to go along with you Extreme)
They seem to go hand-in-hand.

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Pappy said:
Here's a bummer... I got a cold from my bong!:| I think I put too much ice too close to my throat and now I got a sore throat and feel cruddy. Goggled it and I'm not the only person who's caught a cold from a bong. So live and learn and ease up on the ice! :rolleyes:

I dont think your bong is responsible for your cold. Cold air itself doesnt give you a cold, u get colds in the winter time because the cold air keeps you inside (usually near other people with a cold). Perhaps the air was just really cold and irritated your throat, but it wouldnt give u a cold. Has anybody else been using your bong lately, perhaps someone who had a cold?

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Pappy said:

I dont think your bong is responsible for your cold. Cold air itself doesnt give you a cold, u get colds in the winter time because the cold air keeps you inside (usually near other people with a cold). Perhaps the air was just really cold and irritated your throat, but it wouldnt give u a cold. Has anybody else been using your bong lately, perhaps someone who had a cold?
I won't disagree but as you can see it's debatable.
http://boards.cannabis.com/medical-marijuana-methods/137054-ice-bong-bad.html
The truth is I never used a bong before and filled it to the mouth with crushed ice giving myself a freezee. :uhoh: On top of that I let ice drip between sessions and used the same water a couple of bowls. I've since learned it isn't too bright to let organic matter decompose at room temperature in water and and then reuse it. I rinse the bong after every use, use fresh water and less ice, and Simple Green or ISO my bong every day. I also admit my girlfriend used the bong but if I got an infection from her it wasn't from no bong. ;) :D

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
I have a new question. When you see the red light on the Extreme Q blinking is that a signal to get high? :lol:

Pappy,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Pappy said:

correct, a cold is caused by viral infection.

not cold.
cold doesn't cause colds, viruses do.

OO,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Pappy you sick bastard (pardon the pun). :lol: Haha i sometimes stare at the light in a trance and take a puff everytime its on/off. This generally happens because im already really high though.

Geeze just read that board, its rediculous. Heres my take, first of all there is no studies posted to support the claims that ice gets u sick. Secondly to say that ice in the bong means your are breathing in water vapour is the most rediculous claim ever, because u are breathing in water vapour litterally every second of every day. Cold air causes water to condense beacuse cold air simply cant hold as much water per unit of gas. However, the temperature change caused by air passing through the ice is definately not enough to cause a significant amount of water vapour to condense and flood your lungs. One way the ice could get you sick is if bacteria or viruses etc were initially present in the water used to make the ice cubes. Then when the ice thawed, the bacteria could have been released (or the virus reactivated) and then inhaled. Also there is hardly any organic matter present in your bong if you are only vaping, and cleaning the water every day/session (the only way to do it :2c:). However i must say i have seen friends who keep water in a bong that has been combusted through for days and its fucking nasty, thats some serious organic matter.

Mr. Smoke No More,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pappy said:
I have a new question. When you see the red light on the Extreme Q blinking is that a signal to get high? :lol:

I have it on pretty good authority that once that light starts to blink, your sobriety is on borrowed time. I think Arizer has made these things to emit, well, I'm not sure exactly what but when that red light blinks something from those devices starts messing with your head.

Have you noticed how much they look like Daleks? Very suspicious.

pakalolo,

Shiz

Finally got mine in so I can comment on my total transaction with SSFG for other people considering this shop. The Travel Tube and Showerhead work well but overall I didn't get what I asked for.

babybeakersmall.jpg

I'm very picky and that's why custom artists are appealing to me. I specifically asked for the custom pieces to be blue and sent a picture of my blue beaker for reference. I also sent this pic as a reference for the design:

cleardome.jpg

I sent him that picture of that specific adapter I wanted and I asked the guy if they were capable of that kind of quality and asked for a price quote. He was very, very short with his replies which bothered me but the recommendations were so strong I ignored that. He said $50 extra for the blue adapter and matching mouthpiece so I sent the money through paypal immediately on 9/24. I just received my items on 10/18.

As you can see, they are not blue like I asked and the artwork is not in the same ballpark as the reference piece. They are just generic swirls. My excitement from finally receiving the package quickly faded to disappointment.

In closing, I only wish the guy would have been completely up front about whether or not he could match that artwork so I could have skipped the extra $50 for the mouthpiece and adapter and looked elsewhere. I wouldn't buy from them again for this reason.

For my money, the 19.7" beaker in my first pic that I got at Grasscity for $95 shipped was a much more satisfying purchase overall. I know you guys really love SSFG so sorry to post a semi-negative review but it's just the truth. I'm very curious to see what you all think of this transaction and those "custom" pieces. My search will continue for some sick pieces like Clear Dome used to make.

Shiz,

hereatlast

Shiz, in general glassblowers are a little finnicky about custom orders IME. My experience is with two specific blowers (neither SSFG or etsy artists) that in general want free reign with their art, a color recommendation is as far as some are willing to go.

Sorry you didn't get the color you wanted but receiving a custom order in less than a month is super short (I'm several months into a custom order wait), so if anything that's a plus for SSFG. Also, often blowers don't have all the colors available.

Also, you never mentioned, how does it work (beyond well)? The SSFG looks significantly thicker than your old one.

hereatlast,

Theo

I say that if you were looking for something else, and told the artist that, and you received these pieces which aren't close to the type of work you wanted, you should email them back and be able to send the items back and then get the items you originally wanted or a refund. Don't feel bad about posting a negative review if it's the truth.

After seeing this I've decided to ask my friend, who blows glass, to make a custom mouthpiece for me.

Theo,

Shiz

hereatlast said:
Sorry you didn't get the color you wanted but receiving a custom order in less than a month is super short (I'm several months into a custom order wait), so if anything that's a plus for SSFG. Also, often blowers don't have all the colors available..

The color and design were the whole point of getting the custom pieces. I was very specific about what I wanted and if the artist can't meet that expectation they should say so up front. In that area I feel I could have saved the $50 and put it towards much better pieces like the one I showed as reference.

hereatlast said:
Also, you never mentioned, how does it work (beyond well)? The SSFG looks significantly thicker than your old one.

Actually the big one is 5mm and the Travel Tube is 4mm.

You're right though, I didn't comment much on the performance. I wasn't in the mood to brag (still bitter) but I like the showerhead a lot. Nice improvement over the other diffuser I have. It moves air through the water very smoothly with almost no resistance. It's a nice mini tube free of any flaws or air bubbles. So far I vaped about 3 elbows in it and I'll definitely use it daily for that. I might still get a bubbler just to add it but this is so small and smooth I really don't need one now.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
Finally got mine in so I can comment on my total transaction with SSFG for other people considering this shop. The Travel Tube and Showerhead work well but overall I didn't get what I asked for.
Sorry to hear about that. My take is you should get what you pay for. There is no way on God's earth that blue! :uhoh: OTOH that's Ray's style (I don't mean the color thing) and it is a facimile of your example. Have you contacted Ray about this? Maybe the blue thing was a mixup and he copied the colors in the example by accident?

Since this is an Arizer forum I won't belabor the point that I'm satisfied with SSFG. I got the travel beaker for my guests and IMO it's a novelty compared to the 12". Food for thought. ;) I happen to prefer Scientific glass so I wasn't seeking custom work. Lastly, I know of few places -- even on Etsy -- where I could get 2 quality beakers, 2 downstreams, and an adapter for the ridiculously low price I paid SSFG. Since he threw in some freebees it's actually too low to quote. :p

I do sympathize Shiz and suggest you contact Ray.

Pappy,

Shiz

I decided right away it wasn't worth the trouble emailing them again and sending stuff back and forth since they were cheap and they work. I just hate the looks.

Had it been the other way around, I would have been here just as quickly posting pictures of my awesome new pieces and telling everyone how the transaction went....good or bad. Just thought it would be fair to note my honest disappointment in one area.

Shiz,

phrike

Hi ! Love this site and want an EQ !

Looking for a good price on the Arizer Extreme Q for delivery to Canada. Any recommendations ?

I see one dealer here claims any price under $259 Canadian can't be an authorized dealer.

Ebay shows cheaper. Can I trust EBay satisfaction ratings ?

MyRubberNeck.COM shows $166 US. Cant find any non-Ebay reports one way or another on this vendor, except one post on a board that IMO appears to come from the owner posing as a customer.

Vaporizer-Store.NET shows $179 Canadian. Cant find any non-Ebay reports, but seems to be associated with "Amazing Electronics" that has some mixed reports. Just got a REAL quick email reply from them claiming they ARE authorized and can handle warranty.

Waiting for email reply from Arizer about the above 2 vendors.

I don't mind paying more for a proper dealer, but from $180 to $259 is a big jump.

phrike,

Shiz

Paypal guarantee is a must but I use Ebay for almost anything under $500 (including my EQ for under $190 USD). 100% satisfied so far but you never know. I stick to power sellers and check feedback on the specific item I'm about to buy. Works for me.

Shiz,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
phrike said:

Looking for a good price on the Arizer Extreme Q for delivery to Canada. Any recommendations ?

I see one dealer here claims any price under $259 Canadian can't be an authorized dealer.

Ebay shows cheaper. Can I trust EBay satisfaction ratings ?

MyRubberNeck.COM shows $166 US. Cant find any non-Ebay reports one way or another on this vendor, except one post on a board that IMO appears to come from the owner posing as a customer.

Vaporizer-Store.NET shows $179 Canadian. Cant find any non-Ebay reports, but seems to be associated with "Amazing Electronics" that has some mixed reports. Just got a REAL quick email reply from them claiming they ARE authorized and can handle warranty.

Waiting for email reply from Arizer about the above 2 vendors.

I don't mind paying more for a proper dealer, but from $180 to $259 is a big jump.

First, be sure the price you're being quoted is for a Q not a v3. Second, forget the vendor when it comes to warranty, you will be dealing with Arizer and they have an excellent reputation.

I looked at myrubberneck.com and that's an American vendor. I don't trust that price posted for the Q at all, it's lower than the price for the Extreme v3.

Although vaporizer-store.net has a Canadian shipper, their price for the Q is $257.91, not $179.

I've ordered from vaporizers.ca and gotten excellent service. They offer the Q for $248 plus $5 shipping. They are authorized dealers. Others here at FC have used them with satisfaction.

Good luck in your purchase.

pakalolo,

phrike

pakalolo said:
I looked at myrubberneck.com and that's an American vendor. I don't trust that price posted for the Q at all, it's lower than the price for the Extreme v3.

Although vaporizer-store.net has a Canadian shipper, their price for the Q is $257.91, not $179.

I've ordered from vaporizers.ca and gotten excellent service. They offer the Q for $248 plus $5 shipping. They are authorized dealers. Others here at FC have used them with satisfaction.

Good luck in your purchase.

Thanks pakalolo...

Yes, you were right, the $179 was for an older V model.

Vaporizers.ca sounds good, but the $248 is US dollars. In Canuck bucks it's the fabled $259 price that Arizer enforces on vendors.

This is the $168 listing, via Ebay.Ca : http://cgi.ebay.ca/Arizer-Extreme-Q...816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ef3c798

Power Seller with 1126 ebay ratings and 99% positive.

phrike,

phrike

Pappy said:
phrike said:
This should do it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARIZER-EXTREME-...585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5fafbbe1

Thanks Pappy.

This one didn't show up for some reason on my "Arizer" search on the Canadian EBay.CA . Maybe because they don't ship to Canada ?

That's $168 from "taylandada". Seems to be VaporizerUSA.Net .

But http://www.vaporizerusa.net/top-brand-vaporizers/arizer-vaporizers/arizer-extreme-q-vaporizer.html shows price at $279.99.

Are EBay prices that much lower than "web storefront" prices ?

Anyway I'll send a message and see about Canuck shipping.

phrike,
Top Bottom