The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Pappy

shmaporist
I think Mr Smoke should buy heratlast's glasstafarian bubbler. And my commission is only 15%. :lol:

Pappy,

flying_slayer

Hey guys.. NewBie vapour-enthusiiiaaasssticccc . Somehow managed to procure the New extreme q thru ebay. I liked the baloon but eventually had to move to the direct forced air whip method as baloon was too soft... anyway this is my first post . i was struck with clogging of the screen problem ( inside the cyclone bowl ) . Tried googling searching thsi forum . tried soaking in hot water / soaking in alcohol , brushing , combination of all three, nothing really worked till NOW. confession : just vaped 20 min back so im like pretty smashed.

i burnt the clogged up portion of the screen using a lighter. it catches fire so i blew that out and again after a few seconds relight that part . i did that a couple of times and then rubbed some aftershave( higher alcohol content) with a cotton cloth . burnt it again to remove any alcoholib residue . washed it with warm water and ITS as good as new atleast functionality wise if you could live with the black burnt look of the dome which doesnt even show. Anyway i dont know whether this was tried before , i didnt read it anywhere..i tried it . worked for me .. thought will share. Do lemme know yr feedbacks. CAIO

flying_slayer,

flying_slayer

and this is the ultimate proof of how Freaking smashed i am . clogging of the cyclone domes screen is not what i meant infact this really never clogs . but The elbow adapter screen dome which was impossible for me to clean and would give no air to let thru .. i could post sopme pics if i am was comp savy enuff .

Edit
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
flying_slayer meow ciao, screens are 10-25 cents, get some steel screens @ local schmoke shop fine or medium filter size?

thanks for the welcome. u made me realise wht i was meaning to convey .

flying_slayer,

Shiz

I was clogging my screens at first too. I was hand grinding like I do for rolling up and it makes the herb too fine and powdery. If I use a real grinder it gives the perfect consistency and doesn't clog up at all. Takes over a week of heavy use til it even needs rinsing.

I also use two screens in the cyclone to keep the EQ extra free of debris.

Shiz,

flying_slayer

Shiz said:
I was clogging my screens at first too. I was hand grinding like I do for rolling up and it makes the herb too fine and powdery. If I use a real grinder it gives the perfect consistency and doesn't clog up at all. Takes over a week of heavy use til it even needs rinsing.

I also use two screens in the cyclone to keep the EQ extra free of debris.

great idea to put a second screen on top of the herb in d cyclone bowl to prevent any clogging of the elbow adapter , but incase u do like i do maybe due to a diff quality of herb burning the particles is a great way to open d clog.

p.s. whats soft silicon

flying_slayer,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Many people have upgraded from the stock tubing to medical grade silicon, if thats what u mean.

I definately considered hereatlasts bub, but i wanna get him to make me one with an 18mm joint so i figured i may as well go crazy and just get exactly what i want. I want to get a mouth piece like yours has hereatlast, but i want to get some work on it. Not sure what colour scheme, maybe fire and water with a little white or extra black maybe. Also want the same work on the bottom of the bub and the ds. Guess i shouldnt be way off topic but its too late haha not gunna delete it now. Peace

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ shiz > I like 7th Floors tubing... link is few pages back, or do a search.
@ Mr Smoke > Can't wait to see it, not really off topic.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Pappy, will be interested to see what u think of elbow packs after u try water filtration.
Very prescient Mr S! :cool: My SSFG arrived today and hot to trot immediately did a Cyclone bowl in the 12". Firstly, I got 2 smoooooooth shower-head diffused hits per each draw (removing elbow between rips). Secondly, elbow loads certainly seem to make more sense vapor bonging. Next load will be Elbow and I'll get back to you.
My new Soulshine Family Glass Collection... Well worth the wait! :D
20101009-86wibsi9e11duxnqf6t8yeuk1.jpg

Pappy,

hereatlast

Very nice Pappy, a whole new world opened when I started vapor-bonging. That H20 adaptor looks pretty cool! I can imagine that the vapor passing through is nice to look at. I think the elbow is better for vaporbonging because of a higher vapor to air ratio but I don't remember exactly.

Totally understand the desire for a worked piece, I'm leaning in that direction as well; I'm in no rush to get rid of my bub either, just once its gone something new will come :lol:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
One thing nice about being my age is you're never too old to learn. Secondly, if you change you mind people just call you a doddering old fool. :lol: One Elbow load later and I'm convinced it's the only way to vapor bong! Ice and water diffusion accommodate the more compressed air to herb ratio and higher temps. Also found it efficient -- 7 or 8 rips. Only thing is I don't like the taste of eating my hat! :p

Pappy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Pappy said:
One thing nice about being my age is you're never too old to learn. Secondly, if you change you mind people just call you a doddering old fool. :lol: One Elbow load later and I'm convinced it's the only way to vapor bong! Ice and water diffusion accommodate the more compressed air to herb ratio and higher temps. Also found it efficient -- 7 or 8 rips. Only thing is I don't like the taste of eating my hat! :p

Don't worry, everyone comes around to using the elbow pack eventually.

DeepFried,

Pappy

shmaporist
DeepFried said:
Pappy said:
Don't worry, everyone comes around to using the elbow pack eventually.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
20101010-e9up39s39t4b8uydg68pi22ubi.jpg

Pappy,

Shiz

Very, very nice Pappy!!

What a coincidence. I got a package today too and I was hoping I would get to see how my SSFG custom glass came out but I knew what it was as soon as I saw the big CUSTOMS sticker. Ordered this one from grasscity and took just over 2 weeks to get here. I think it'll hold me over. ;)

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/Shizrn/Flaming Skull/FlamingSkulls.jpg
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/Shizrn/Flaming Skull/FlamingSkullfull1-1.jpg

First time using a diffuser and it purrs. I was surprised to see it actually makes contact with the bottom of the beaker. Gotta compare it to the showerhead when it comes. I'm about to test the ash-catcher since I've never used one of those either but I know I'll only really use it for friends who insist on "smoking/wasting" their herb in the tubes.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
Very, very nice Pappy!!

What a coincidence. I got a package today too and I was hoping I would get to see how my SSFG custom glass came out but I knew what it was as soon as I saw the big CUSTOMS sticker. Ordered this one from grasscity and took just over 2 weeks to get here. I think it'll hold me over. ;)

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/Shizrn/Flaming Skull/FlamingSkulls.jpghttp://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/Shizrn/Flaming Skull/FlamingSkullfull1-1.jpg

First time using a diffuser and it purrs. I was surprised to see it actually makes contact with the bottom of the beaker. Gotta compare it to the showerhead when it comes. I'm about to test the ash-catcher since I've never used one of those either but I know I'll only really use it for friends who insist on "smoking/wasting" their herb in the tubes.
Back @ ya Shiz! That should hold ya over! :brow: The shower-head diffy works as advertised and there's only enough bubbles to let you know a human blew it. ;) Ray's a craftsman! Did I tell you that's a big-ass bong?

Pappy,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Just wait till you guys get adventerous and flip the EQ upside down and slide that thing into the downstem directly. Forget that elbow pack non sense...inverted EQ for the win!

finchrock24,

hereatlast

Lookin good Pappy, have you noticed any difference in taste?

Shiz, glad that piece worked out. For whatever its worth, a downstem should generally not touch the base of the tube, I'm sure it works but I'd imagine the performance is slightly altered and the chances of breaking the d-stem higher.

flying_slayer: burning the clogged up residue probably isn't a very popular option for most on these boards (fuckcombustion :D). Really I'm not sure why that's necessary, a simple rinse and shake with ISO and Kosher salt (if you need it) or a soak in the ISO should make those screens look brand new. Introducing a flame to something designed to only see vapor when there's a readily available cleaning solution doesn't make sense to me. Have you tried rinsing with ISO?

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Actually I owe you and lowfront a debt of gratitude for steering me away from the 18" beaker. It would've been a bit much for daily use in my environment and the 12" is a perfect fit for the EQV. Having never bonged before the difference in yesterday's whip session and today's bong session was like night and day. :rolleyes:

Water/ice filtration is smooooooooth! Hardly any coughing, no gagging, less expectoration. Getting about 6 decent hits off each Elbow. Glutton that I am already did two this a.m. Was averaging about 12-14 on 3g Cyclone so realizing an 18% efficiency gain. SSFG's shower-head diffuser is the bomb! It's becoming the worst kept secret on FC. ;)

Off to buy some supplies to keep my new glass sparkly and in one piece. Oh, and to answer your question, yeah, the taste is less metallic. :uhoh: :p :lol:

Pappy,

fidget

Pappy said:
hereatlast said:
Actually I owe you and lowfront a debt of gratitude for steering me away from the 18" beaker. It would've been a bit much for daily use in my environment and the 12" is a perfect fit for the EQV. Having never bonged before the difference in yesterday's whip session and today's bong session was like night and day. :rolleyes:

Water/ice filtration is smooooooooth! Hardly any coughing, no gagging, less expectoration. Getting about 6 decent hits off each Elbow. Glutton that I am already did two this a.m. Was averaging about 12-14 on 3g Cyclone so realizing an 18% efficiency gain. SSFG's shower-head diffuser is the bomb! It's becoming the worst kept secret on FC. ;)

Off to buy some supplies to keep my new glass sparkly and in one piece. Oh, and to answer your question, yeah, the taste is less metallic. :uhoh: :p :lol:
My SSFG travel beaker with showerhead diffy should be shipping tomorrow :D
Can't wait.

fidget,

hereatlast

Lol at the worst kept secret. I wouldn't mind a close-up of that downstem if anybody's got the means and time.

Vaporbonging sounds like a good idea; long bike ride + MFLB was nice, time to sit back with a cold piece of glass :lol:

hereatlast,

hereatlast

Wow that shower-head really bubbles nicely! I like playing around with the water levels too, on my current bub I can't quite get the right level most times, probably should mark it.

By the way you looks like you were getting pretty thick vapor, product always helps when milking up the glass (and I've seen your posts in the "My Stash" thread :D ).

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
So long as the diffy is under water the water level isn't that critical with this beaker. That was Herojuana OG -- very thick vapor! ;)

Pappy,
Top Bottom