The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

fidget

fidget,

hereatlast

I agree that 7th Floor tubing is pretty great. TBH that stock tubing is just plain awful after having used some alternatives. The 7th Floor tubing is cheaper than the Tygon 3350 I'm currently using and I can't taste or see tooo much of a different: both are flexible and I think have slight taste but something the user gets used to.

As a sidenote, I've been using the Extreme exclusively for the past week after not having used it at all for nearly a month (other vape is out of commission)...I've been dialing in at a much higher temp. than I used to. :ninja:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
Educate me! I never owned a bong or glass anything and don't know a hydra head from a shower head from a diffuser. I want to make the plunge but it's greek to me. :rolleyes: I prefer scientific glass over art -- not looking for anything pricy or slick. What I care about is it works!

I desire stability, durability, and ease of cleaning. Are there any definitive "marriage made in heaven" bubblers that work especially well with the Extreme? How big is optimum? I spoke to StoneMonkey55 about adapting VapeXhale Cloud glass to the EQV but I don't know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Pappy,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Pappy said:
Educate me! I never owned a bong or glass anything and don't know a hydra head from a shower head from a diffuser. I want to make the plunge but it's greek to me. :rolleyes: I prefer scientific glass over art -- not looking for anything pricy or slick. What I care about is it works!

I desire stability, durability, and ease of cleaning. Are there any definitive "marriage made in heaven" bubblers that work especially well with the Extreme? How big is optimum? I spoke to StoneMonkey55 about adapting VapeXhale Cloud glass to the EQV but I don't know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Anything with a glass on glass joint is a "marriage made in heaven", this is a topic with so many different sides and options, none of which really relate to the EQ. My suggestion? If you don't have a good shop near you, hit up etsy, there is some really cool stuff and you get to avoid the pricey name brands. Just search things like "glass on glass" (in quotes), GONG, etc... There is actually a thread about etsy glass, check it out, it can help point you toward some of the sicker glass blowers on the site.

ShadowLink12,

Pappy

shmaporist
ShadowLink12 said:
Pappy said:

Anything with a glass on glass joint is a "marriage made in heaven", this is a topic with so many different sides and options, none of which really relate to the EQ. My suggestion? If you don't have a good shop near you, hit up etsy, there is some really cool stuff and you get to avoid the pricey name brands. Just search things like "glass on glass" (in quotes), GONG, etc... There is actually a thread about etsy glass, check it out, it can help point you toward some of the sicker glass blowers on the site.
Thanks, read Etsy thread. Just don't know what I'm looking for. This looks interesting (and cheap) if it isn't a toy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/55808466/travel-tube-with-diffy-and-slide

Pappy,

PsychoMcSatan

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Psycho, the power draw is the greatest when the fan is on, and when the unit it first heating up. Did u see how much power the fan draws? I would love to hear your results with the temperature probe if u ever get to it.

Looks like temperature measurement might not be so easy. The probe is a fairly fine wire, but it has prevented me from sealing the system. That is, the elbow is sitting on the wire so cooler air is likely being drawn in through the space (bernoulli effect?) so I'm getting temp readings that are about 50C too low. It also varies depending where in the chamber the end of the probe ends up.

The more I think of it too, the more I'm thinking that it's not so much instantaneous air temperature that controls the vaping process, but more so the rate of heat delivery. I found that temperature readings drop (about 10C per speed setting) with the speed of the fan, though that makes sense since the relatively cool input air spends less time going through the heating element. However, since there's much more of this slightly less heated air going though the product, it will transfer energy at a much higher rate and therefore will raise the temp of the product much faster and vaporize a higher volume.

I may be overthinking this, but ultimately it seems getting herb to a specific designated temperature is crazy difficult without just good old fashioned trial and error.

That's basically what I've ended up doing and results seem to improve every time. I pretty much only use the whip and just going by gut feeling about the amount and and how dry it is, I adjust temp a bit and vary how quick a draw to take.

Good times with science.

Oh yeah. The power draw of the fan on is very small. Maybe an extra 5W at most.

-PMS

PsychoMcSatan,
Psych can u put temp sensor if small enuff thru hole where tubin goes place on top of elbow dome screen then use stretchy silicone tubin may go over temp sensor wire prolly bent 360 angle

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Pappy

shmaporist
PsychoMcSatan said:
I may be overthinking this, but ultimately it seems getting herb to a specific designated temperature is crazy difficult without just good old fashioned trial and error.

That's basically what I've ended up doing and results seem to improve every time. I pretty much only use the whip and just going by gut feeling about the amount and and how dry it is, I adjust temp a bit and vary how quick a draw to take.

Oh yeah. The power draw of the fan on is very small. Maybe an extra 5W at most.

-PMS
Your experiments confirm my suppositions. You're not over-thinking it. I've owned two Qs that perform slightly differently. The latter is a "hotter" unit that requires vaping temps 5-10 degrees cooler than the former. I concluded the placement of the sensor isn't uniform and that in itself accounts for some variables.

Pappy,

Salty

I've been meaning to ask, but kept forgetting. This past weekend, I vaped a bag, then decided I need to vape another one. Well, after one hit from the second bag, I realized the first bag got me completely ripped, and I didnt even need to fill a second bag. I reconnected the bag full of vape to the EQ, so I wouldn't lose any vapor. About an hour later, I went to hit the bag of vape that had been sitting, and it was GROSS! It was VERY harsh on my throat, and tasted like ass! Anyone have any clues as to why this is. It was purple haze vape btw if that makes any difference. So I had to actually squeeze the vapor out of the bag, and vape another bowl. Whats the deal?

Salty,

hereatlast

Salty, the longer the vapor is in the bag the more it condenses (as resin on the inside of the bag) and that's probably the taste factor; more generally that vapor was just stale and so didn't taste good.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
Salty said:
I've been meaning to ask, but kept forgetting. This past weekend, I vaped a bag, then decided I need to vape another one. Well, after one hit from the second bag, I realized the first bag got me completely ripped, and I didnt even need to fill a second bag. I reconnected the bag full of vape to the EQ, so I wouldn't lose any vapor. About an hour later, I went to hit the bag of vape that had been sitting, and it was GROSS! It was VERY harsh on my throat, and tasted like ass! Anyone have any clues as to why this is. It was purple haze vape btw if that makes any difference. So I had to actually squeeze the vapor out of the bag, and vape another bowl. Whats the deal?
Salty, do yourself a favor and hit some FRESH vapor from a whip. My thought is I want herb to vaporize in my lungs first, not into a plastic bag. It's old by the time you hit it -- even if the bag was blown a few seconds ago. :2c:

Pappy,

Salty

Pappy said:
Salty said:
Salty, do yourself a favor and hit some FRESH vapor from a whip. My thought is I want herb to vaporize in my lungs first, not into a plastic bag. It's old by the time you hit it -- even if the bag was blown a few seconds ago. :2c:

I have Pappy. I just cant seem to get as high when using the whip and I cant quite figure out what I'm dong wrong yet. :(

Salty,

Pappy

shmaporist
Salty said:
I have Pappy. I just cant seem to get as high when using the whip and I cant quite figure out what I'm dong wrong yet. :(
You'll the hang of it. ;) The Q does have a slight learning curve.

Pappy,
perhaps warm up time pack elbow set it hi 220 let warm up 11 minutes if herb is not dark enuff go 4 230 or mor after few slo long draws hold hits may b 22 seconds

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ Mr smoke > To me the 7th Floor tubing is virtually tasteless.
Per lowfront, I recommend everyone invest $17 in this Proctor Silex grinder. Amazing, best grinder I ever used!

lowfront said:
I'll give you my grinder recommendation.

Proctor Silex

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160B-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5

http://smallcoffeegrinders.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Proctor-Silex-grinder.jpg

Grinds so freaking well, I bought this one after using a mr coffee one and the new one blew it out of the water.

Also added perk to it is that angle that changes on the top of it. Do you see it there? Its almost like a window?

That collects kief compressed basically. And it collects a LOT. So if you want it all its right there for ya. Or just put it back in the bud. I just put it back cause the LB does wonders with the kief.

And its significantly quieter compared to others.. So it doesn't sound like your turning on a damn vacuum at midnight.

Pappy,

photobooth

Pappy said:
Per lowfront, I recommend everyone invest $17 in this Proctor Silex grinder. Amazing, best grinder I ever used!
I was all ready to buy 10 feet of 7th floor tubing for my Extreme Q only to find out international shipping (to Canada!) is $35! Does anyone have any suggestions for a Canadian vaporist looking to replace his Extreme Q tubing without spending a fortune? Perhaps a group purchase from one of the American supply sites?

photobooth,

fidget

photobooth said:
Pappy said:
I was all ready to buy 10 feet of 7th floor tubing for my Extreme Q only to find out international shipping (to Canada!) is $35! Does anyone have any suggestions for a Canadian vaporist looking to replace his Extreme Q tubing without spending a fortune? Perhaps a group purchase from one of the American supply sites?
???
They are shipping me 20 ft to UK for $25 total :)

fidget,
Top Bottom