The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Stu said:
You won't get shit at 180.
Good luck!

No offense meant, but that, as a general statement, is wrong. Using 4 week post harvest Blueberry in the Extreme .v3, I am able to get substantial anti inflammatory and analgesic effects at 140C. And somehow, along the way, I am able to get a large mood boost.

Obviously one's mileage may vary.

Tom

tdavie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If your filling bags I'd probably stir between each bag, yeah. Can't hurt. Don't forget that using the lower fan speed fills bags with more vapor, but takes longer.

With a full cyclone bowl you should get between 4-6 bags I'd guess. I don't really fill a lot of bags, so I'm not sure.

I've gotten 3-4 decent bags off of a nicely packed elbow. I don't usually use the cyclone bowl, so I can't really comment.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
tdavie said:
Stu said:
You won't get shit at 180.
Good luck!

No offense meant, but that, as a general statement, is wrong. Using 4 week post harvest Blueberry in the Extreme .v3, I am able to get substantial anti inflammatory and analgesic effects at 140C. And somehow, along the way, I am able to get a large mood boost.

Obviously one's mileage may vary.

Tom
Mileage will vary, yes. Different vaporizors will give different temp readings, so it's more about finding the proper range with each vape. My EQ for example won't give visible vapor (not that it's a requirement or anything) until about 185 and the sweet area seems to be between 200 and 220 for me. These are just numbers of course, but for most Qs I think this is probably the case as well.

Cheers!

Stu,

bvomit

I tried the stirring between bowls technique

i also didnt pack as much

and i upped my temps

and im blasted right now lol but i think i need to use fan speed 1 as well

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice :cool: When you're ready for bed you should take a rip at 260 and you'll sleep like a baby. :brow:

Stu,

bvomit

haha im cookin a second bowl at 230 right now.. i think its pooched though

ill try to milk a 260 if this 230 is decent.. haha

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
c'mon, you're breaking in a new toy... splurge a little and load a fresh bowl at some high temps. Now that's a party!!

Stu,

bvomit

lol i just dont get why im using such high temps.. everyone says like 180 but im rocking 260 lol

ps i smoked a lot.. im well done lol

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should play with the low temps as well. I love a nice wake-and-vape at 185 once in a while if I have to be somewhat productive on any given day. But if you're looking for a nice stoney high, you will find that the higher temps will do that for you. It's all a matter of personal preference and I'm sure you'll soon find what works best for you.

Enjoy!

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The high temperatures will get you the couch-lock sleepy stone, which is more like a combustion stone. Stu is often right but here he's flat wrong. Sorry Stu.

See http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_Effects_by_Temperature and note that in fact, the euphoriants are released at 180 and 220 C. Up where you are is all sedatives.

ETA Oops, I see Stu has corrected course somewhat. So, not entirely wrong after all. Apologies, STu.

pakalolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No apologies needed.

I was just trying to help him see what the Q could do before really experiencing the subtle benefits of it that we all enjoy. I have a friend that is really impatient and has been a combuster for many, many, many years. When I talked him into getting a Q a few months ago, I realized that he didn't have the pacience to learn about the different canabanoids at lower temps and all of that... he just wanted to get high. So I told him to let her rip at 230 and he was happy. Alls well that ends well, right? Well now finally I am teaching him about different temps, so it's all cool now.

I think that people new to vaporizing have an easier transition when they start at higher temps and explore downward afterwards. But that's just my theory.

Cheers! :)

Stu,

Theo

I have to say, you should read through the extreme-q thread. It will answer all your questions and much much more.

Theo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just ordered spare parts from Arizer. Props to them for this...

Note:
- Arizer does not charge a handling fee or profit from marking up shipping costs.

Pappy,

Cosmic Debris

Hi everyone. I just got my extreme Q yesterday and am so far very happy with it. This thread is what ultimately made me go for the EQ over any other vaporizer.

I do have a couple questions though. What is the tubing size that the EQ uses? I had read in multiple posts that the size to get was 1/4" ID, 3/8" OD tubing. I ordered silicone tubing from usplastics in that size. It arrived a day before my extreme Q did. But now for the life of me I can't get it to fit. I've even heated the ends of the tubing with a hair dryer to make it softer and more flexible, but I absolutely can't get it to slip on any of the glass fittings, the elbow or the mouthpiece.

I figure I must be doing something wrong, or the tubing is an incorrect size. I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Cosmic Debris,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I ended up using the same size tubing that comes with the SSV with the extreme. Makes the hits not so tight. Easier draw.

DevoTheStrange,

Theo

Duno what to tell you Cosmic. My tubing fit on easily and it's the exact type you got... Have you made sure that that is the size you ordered?

Theo,

Cosmic Debris

Theo said:
Duno what to tell you Cosmic. My tubing fit on easily and it's the exact type you got... Have you made sure that that is the size you ordered?
Yes, I'm certain that is the size of tubing I got. I double checked the order receipt and I am able to fit a 1/4" brass hose barb into it without much difficulty. The glass fittings on the mouthpiece and the elbow appear to be larger than the 1/4" hose barb. The tubing I ordered is Silcon Tubing: 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD.

I have worked with vinyl tubing quite a bit on aquariums and air pumps, so I am familiar with how to manipulate it to squeeze it on fittings. I'm almost certain it's an issue with the size and not what I am doing. The only thing is I am not applying as much force as I do with metal or nylon fittings, as I am afraid I'm going the break the glass if I force it much more. I can't even get the glass fitting started into the tubing, so I can't wiggle it on.

Cosmic Debris,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Cosmic,
Have you tried soaking the tubing in hot water? I have found that this allows the tubing to soften considerably.

Good luck!

Stu,

Cosmic Debris

Stu said:
Cosmic,
Have you tried soaking the tubing in hot water? I have found that this allows the tubing to soften considerably.

Good luck!
Yes, I tried very hot water and a hair dryer. I am pretty much sure that 1/4" I.D. is too small. A close examination of the tubing that came with my EQ reads "kuri tec klearon k010 by Kuriyama 5/16 I.D. x 7/16 O.D." in small white text on the tubing itself.

Cosmic Debris,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Maybe Arizer has changed tubing suppliers, because my stock tubing says 1/4 ID and 3/8 OD in white writing on it. Of course I can't get the mouthpiece or elbow piece off of the thing because it's on so damn tight. When I finally do change my tubing I'm going to have to cut it off with a razor blade.

Stu,

Theo

When I get back to my place i'll check to see what my tubing says. What I was thinking is exactly what Stu said, they might have changed the size of the mouthpiece/elbow/tubing they use.

Stu: Take off the cyclone bowl, lay the elbow right above the heater with fan3 on(at like 230c), it will soften up the tubing in a couple min and it will be incredibly easy to take off. A trick I found out after reading people talk about using hair dryers.

Theo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I tried to remove my tubing in order to do an ISO wash. I gave up and just soaked part of the tubing. I really don't have any need to change it now, but at some point I'm sure I will have to. When I do, I'll try your method, Theo.

Thanks

Stu,

Cosmic Debris

bvomit said:
why are u guys changing the tubing?
For me, it's because I want a longer whip and I don't 100% trust the stock tubing as being safe. http://kuriyama.thomasnet.com/viewi...klearon-trade-73-series-k010-clear-pvc-tubing
The stock tubing is rated at 150f/65c temperature max. I'm pretty sure the part of the tubing contacting the elbow above the heating element gets hotter than 65c. I don't want to be inhaling trace amounts of PVC. I'm probably being just extra paranoid/safety conscious.

Cosmic Debris,
Top Bottom