The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Pappy

shmaporist
UPDATE: Kevin at Arizer just emailed a detailed appraisal of what to do. Fortunately, my Q passed the test! :D This is the kind of customer service I'm accustomed to from Arizer which is why Kris episode was so disconcerting (Kevin from Arizer's word).

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear about this problem you have experienced with your unit and Cyclone Bowl. I also hope your finger is doing okay. Based on your description of the problem, it sounds like your unit is safe to use. Here are a couple things to keep in mind to make sure there is no potential issues with usage:
turn your unit to 260 C (max temperature) and turn the fan on for a couple minutes, and pay attention, watching to make sure there is no smoke being emitted from inside your unit, and make note if there is any odd smells as well
if you notice any smells or smoke, the missing material you are worried about could have made its way inside your unit
if at 260 C with the fan on, you do not see or smell anything out of the ordinary after a couple minutes, your unit is fine
the discoloration of your Cyclone Bowl is slightly disconcerting - I would recommend that you use a spare Cyclone Bowl or purchase another
If you would like to purchase any accessories, you can visit our website, www.arizer.com, where you can browse and purchase all of our products and accessories.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

Pappy,

inspiron

Hi guys,
What's the best place to purchase the extreme Q from? (that ships internationally). I see them for around 170$ on ebay but I'm not sure if it's legit.

inspiron,

spartylax18

A couple days ago I broke my mini whip elbow that connects to the bag to fill it up. Do you think I could just fill up bags through the actual two foot whip without the thc condensing?

spartylax18,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm sure you'll get a little bit of condensation but not enough to be a concern. At least, it wouldn't bother me. This would be just a temporary arrangement anyway, no?

pakalolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You could always just swap your elbows if you prefer bags. Otherwise you could use the whip, but I'd order a new elbow in any case.

Stu,

Theo

You can easily do that. Or you can take off the long whip and attach the short whip used for the bag to the elbow instead. An easy way of getting the tubing off of the elbows is take the cyclone bowl off the vape, turn the temp up to 240ish, turn on fan 3, and put the elbow part w/ the tubing ontop. After a bit it will be super easy to remove :)

Theo,

skik2000

Can someone explain the elbow pack to me or tell me what page of this thread it is on? I might go mad if I search through 73 pages. Thanks.

skik2000,

2Supra4U

skik2000 said:
Can someone explain the elbow pack to me or tell me what page of this thread it is on? I might go mad if I search through 73 pages. Thanks.

Don;t have one (yet)

but all it is is instead of putting your herb in the cyclone bowl, you pack it into the screen that goes inside the elbow.

people seem to enjoy it much more, especially if your trying to use as little herb as possible

it also makes all the herb to be hit by the heat flow, where as unless you have a full cyclone it will not fully pass the herb due to the small hole on the bottom (but it still vapes it fine)

2Supra4U,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I copied and pasted this from the vaporpedia entry on the Q.

Elbow Packs
An Elbow Pack

You may hear of users doing 'elbow packs' from time to time. This is a conservation method usually intended to produce thick milky hits for a single user. People report having excellent efficiency while using this method. A tip from Steve at Arizer:
I understand some people like thicker/more concentrated hits, something that can be achieved by 'packing the bowl'. The younger crowd and bong users often like a thicker/more concentrated (and smokey) hit.

That can be easily achieved with the Extreme and V-Tower, it's probably something I should of mentioned before, because the method I'm about to describe is very popular in some circles and extremely popular with those who collect 'pollen' in their (Wicca) Kif Box.

Instead of filling the bowl as you normally would, leave it empty, turn the heat up a few degrees higher than normal, finely grind your herbs, (or use 'pollen powder' from a kif box) and then fill/pack the (dome shaped) screen that sits in the elbow shaped glass piece. You'll be surprised how much you can pack in there, now set the elbow on the bowl as you normally would, let it 'sit and percolate' a few minutes and inhale, that will give you a VERY thick, concentrated, monster size hit . If you're using Pollen from a Wicca Box you're getting a super tasty, super concentrated amount of the finest part of the plant so you can imagine the effect!

If you use this method, don't worry about the herb falling out because it is upside down. You're supposed to pack it in the screen so it sticks.

You can find more useful tips and information by reading the entire vaporpedia entry here: http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

Cheers!

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
2Supra4U said:
people seem to enjoy it much more, especially if your trying to use as little herb as possible

True, many people do, but I'm not one of them.

I find elbow packs to be hotter and harsher and just not what I'm into. The people who will really like it are the cloud chasers. More power to 'em, but anyone unfamiliar with the method should pay particular attention to Steve's intro:

Steve from Arizer said:
I understand some people like thicker/more concentrated hits, something that can be achieved by 'packing the bowl'. The younger crowd and bong users often like a thicker/more concentrated (and smokey) hit.

That, my friends, is the stuff coughing is made from.

pakalolo,

2clicker

Observer
where is the best place to get the Arizer elbow screens? the dome screens...?

all i can find are the 2 reg screens and 2 dome screen packs for about 5-8 bux... is that all there is?

i could swear i saw a 10 pack of those dome screens somewhere

any help is appreciated

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
pakalolo said:
I find elbow packs to be hotter and harsher and just not what I'm into.
Pak, if you've read this thread you know there was no greater advocate of the Cyclone bowl than me. I couldn't whip Elbows either, without choking and sore throats. But now that I started vapor bonging I've discovered Elbows are the only way to go.

Food for thought. :2c:

Pappy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pappy said:
pakalolo said:
I find elbow packs to be hotter and harsher and just not what I'm into.
Pak, if you've read this thread you know there was no greater advocate of the Cyclone bowl than me. I couldn't whip Elbows either, without choking and sore throats. But now that I started vapor bonging I've discovered Elbows are the only way to go.

Food for thought. :2c:

Ah yes, well bongs are all about thick hits so that makes sense.

I haven't owned a bong since, ummmm, the late 70s sometime. Not sure when exactly. I look at these threads about all the neat pretty glass and all I can think is, *crash tinkle tinkle*. What can I say, I'm a klutz. Hell, I broke a tuff bowl! :(

pakalolo,

andalusia

Could you all please post the details of your extreme q usage? Please include details such as ganja grade/price, bag/whip, temps(min/max/incrementing/preheating?), packing method (elbow/cyclone), amount of ganj used and anything else you can think of. I'm trying to get a survey so that could experiment some more myself or maybe get some more ideas.

andalusia,

Theo

Yea, just look through the thread for that exact info you're looking for. I know i've posted some info that might be helpful to you in the last few pages.

Theo,

bvomit

Hey guys,

I've been reading here for awhile now but haven't posted until now. I just got an Extreme Q vape mainly because I didn't want to spend enough for the volcano and after some reading, the Extreme Q seemed like a great choice.

Well... to put it lightly... I need to vape a lot of weed to get high, and it doesnt get me that high

I mean I could get high if I smoked maybe a gram of it.. but normal amount doesn't do much of anything.

I've tried it on 180C and 185C, speed 2 fan and speed 3 fan..... finer ground bud... coarse ground bud and packed different amounts in the bowl.

For one, the bag only gets enough vapor in it the first time. Once I fill one bag, the bowl is basically dead. The 2nd bag is next to nothing.

Am I missing something here?

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You're temps are too low. After pre-heating for at least 10 minutes, make a bag (or hit the whip) at 220 and you should see better results. Also if you use fan speed 1 for bags, it will be much thicker vapor. I would suggest hitting the whip first, though. Good Luck.

Stu,

bvomit

220 celcius? isn't that way too hot?

I read 180-200...

Also letting it warm up for 10 minutes? I just wait till the LCD says its at the temp I want lol.. like a minute if that. Do you warm it up with the bowl and elbow on? with the herb inside

So just turn it on, set to 220, wait 10 minutes, then fill a bag?

How many bags should I get from a full bowl? The weed is brown after 1 bag...

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
220 is not hot for the Q. I use it between 200 and 230. You won't get shit at 180. Are you filling the cyclone bowl or using an elbow pack?

If you've only vaped your herb up to 185, then don't worry if it's a little tan. You've got plenty of goodies left. The lowest starting temperature I would recommend is 195. Anything lower than that and you won't get much of anything.

Again, I suggest you try to get comfortable with the whip before filling a bag. It's just much simpler to get the hang of.

Good luck!

Stu,

bvomit

I honestly don't know how to use the whip....

Just take drags on it? Using the fan too?

I'm putting the weed in the cylone bowl... right under the black part onto the screen

if i pack the elbow isn't it going to blow into the bag?

bvomit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
To use the whip you just connect it to the cyclone bowl. It's as simple as that. You don't need the fan at all unless you are filling bags or want to make vapor shooters out of the whip for college coeds :p

Take a look at the elbow pack technique in the vaporpedia entry. http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer It's much more economical and efficient in my opinion.

Stu,

bvomit

Also do you just stir before every new bag?

How many bags would you get out of it normally?

bvomit,
Top Bottom