The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

vaporman

Thank ;)

High temperature plastic, not sour then.

user22361pic45585412814.jpg

Look at it well is not plastic the top ! :nod:

:peace:

vaporman,
finchrock24 arizer has that cyclone bowl for 9.95? why pay more, is it better? nvm just noticed its shorter, may b better for less amounts, yet elbow paks r perfect :)

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

gim

that's the one I asked to have built, it may be version 2.0. Even shorter.

gim,

gim

Basically. I wanted to be lazy and replicate the elbow pack without having to do so.
What it ends up doing currently(on my 'short bowl') is that a normal load is the same amount as an elbow pack. It all will end up in the elbow at the end of my session mostly.

It also works great for two people. Pack the bowl fairly full and there's the perfect amount to go around.

The normal cyclone bowls are just too big if you're not hosting a session with 3+ people.

As far as hits, I'm not sure.. even if I were to count I would probably lose count.. further testing is required!

gim,
so if a elbow is about the same, the lazy reason for the shorty is just a different way? elbow is quick to pak, vacuum up, tap down, try a few vape hits & empty kinda like log-style vape stems, blow duff abv into bottle. for the shorty is there silicone top or what do you use gloves, or leave it on to cool down?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Pappy

shmaporist
gim said:
The normal cyclone bowls are just too big if you're not hosting a session with 3+ people.
Not as far as I'm concerned. I average two Cyclone bowls a day. Must admit I often make posts on this forum and totally forget the Extreme is percolating. Marijuana and old age don't mix! :lol:

I have cut back on the amount I Cyclone to around .3g -- a little more than a Da Buddha wand. That yields 12-14 rips - perfect for 2 or a treat for just me. I must admit there's some waste but elbow loads just don't cut it for me. Too few hits, too many hassles, too harsh on my throat. :2c: Each to his own. Keep up the good work, Gim! :)

Pappy,

hereatlast

I saw that elbow the other day when browsing Etsy, never knew you were to blame gim :p
Seems like a good idea, don't see it as quite a replacement for the elbow but I can see it as an improvement. Do you pack it so that the herb can still fly around or is it tight?

Pappy, sounds like you've refined your technique. Especially because you've kept such good count I'm curious what the difference will be when you start vapor-bonging. I've found I expend my pack much, much quicker. I got rid of the cyclone/elbow though so I'm not sure if that'll make a difference.

hereatlast,

Shiz

After putting in my order with Ray for the Travel Tube and custom gong adapter for the EQ, I tried to get a custom cyclone bowl made to match my other pieces.

On 9/24/2010 this is what I asked Ray:
"The stock bowl on my vape is huge. If possible I want the inside of the bowl to be much narrower (about half the width, same height) than the stock bowl but still have the original fitting sizes and have a handle/knob. Would that be something you would be interested in as well? If so, how much more? That can be separate if you need more time for it."

I never got a response. I know the guy is busy but they BARELY answered my requests to pay them more money on the other custom pieces I ordered. I gotta find someone on Etsy a little more hard up for work. Probably wouldn't have to wait over 2 weeks either.

Shiz,

Shiz

Tried to add to my last post but having difficulties with the return key and space bar on these boards today.
Anyway, I was obviously trying to get the guy to fashion a cyclone bowl that would have a much more concentrated, less airy hit similar to that of the elbow. I only vape .2 or less at a time and I can see why people use the elbow but it requires more attention from me than the bowl. Anyone know any Etsy artists that like filling custom orders and maybe aren't too busy to take them.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Pappy, sounds like you've refined your technique. Especially because you've kept such good count I'm curious what the difference will be when you start vapor-bonging. I've found I expend my pack much, much quicker. I got rid of the cyclone/elbow though so I'm not sure if that'll make a difference.
No Clue? My one foot beaker with shower-head diffuser sandblasted with Ray's etchings of our brief encounter is the first bong I ever owned or will sip. Alas, it hasn't arrived yet. Presently experimenting with removing whip from the Cyclone between rips, simply because of condensation that forms due to vapor. Will I remove adaptor from beaker or elbow from Cyclone -- that is the question?

Shiz said:
After putting in my order with Ray for the Travel Tube and custom gong adapter for the EQ, I tried to get a custom cyclone bowl made to match my other pieces.I never got a response. I know the guy is busy but they BARELY answered my requests to pay them more money on the other custom pieces I ordered. I gotta find someone on Etsy a little more hard up for work. Probably wouldn't have to wait over 2 weeks either.
Hang in with SSFG. Ray got inundated thanks to props from lowfront, hereatlast, the Etsy Glass thread, my custom order, and all the orders that followed. Then his sandblaster broke! Ray is a solid dude who would like to accommodate everyone. He's not set up to do custom orders -- he has stuff in stock he'd like to sell -- and suddenly everyone is asking for custom this and that. My order hasn't arrived yet but I'm being patient and smiling my ass off. :) I know what's to come. :o

Pappy,

wolf torn

agreed hang in there its the highest quality glass out there for 4 times less the cost of anyone else

he's a nice guy trying to keep up with orders

wolf torn,

Shiz

Pappy said:
Will I remove adaptor from beaker or elbow from Cyclone -- that is the question?
I've been removing the elbow from Cyclone in order to clear both the tube and whip.

Pappy said:
I know what's to come. :o
I hope you're right but there's some people that own them posting pics with air bubbles at joints. Keeping my hopes high and fingers crossed.

Shiz,

hereatlast

Air-bubbles might be expected at this price-point, thankfully they're only aesthetic but I understand the attention to detail. I think I might post up a vid of my bub in action, powered by the Extreme of course. ;)

Edit: quick hit, shoulda shot the other side w/o the script.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4S-WJ8x6zQ

hereatlast,

gim

Video is set to private hereatlast.

offtopic: I just got a MFLB and love it so far. I think I'm going to make a holster on my EQ to hold the MFLB for display. I think I could build it out of some leather straps for a nice visual.

gim,

hereatlast

oops thanks gim. Fixed.

I'm new to the MFLB as well gim, EQ/MFLB is a nice combo for sure.

hereatlast,

Salty

Hey guys. I think I remember reading about this somewhere but dont have time to search for it. My EQ makes a light, kind of crackling sound. Like tinder is burning. Its very faint, but definitely noticeable. Does anyone know what this means? And should I be concerned about it? IT happens after its been on for a cpl hours.

Salty,

Pappy

shmaporist
Salty said:
Hey guys. I think I remember reading about this somewhere but dont have time to search for it. My EQ makes a light, kind of crackling sound. Like tinder is burning. Its very faint, but definitely noticeable. Does anyone know what this means? And should I be concerned about it? IT happens after its been on for a cpl hours.
You may have some debris in you airway. Blast it with air. If it doesn't work call Arizer.

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
gim said:
Basically. I wanted to be lazy and replicate the elbow pack without having to do so.
What it ends up doing currently(on my 'short bowl') is that a normal load is the same amount as an elbow pack. It all will end up in the elbow at the end of my session mostly.

It also works great for two people. Pack the bowl fairly full and there's the perfect amount to go around.

As far as hits, I'm not sure.. even if I were to count I would probably lose count.. further testing is required!

To me your logic is wrong, a short bowl may work better for smaller loads but it cant replace an elbow pack due to the fact that the elbow pack doesnt work because its smaller, but because all the air must go through all of the weed. I think that a narrower bowl would work better than a short bowl, as shiz requested. Plus if it ends up in the elbow, why not just start with it in the elbow? I find it taps out better if you pack the elbow as opposed to packing the cyclone and it flying up and getting stuck in the elbow. I also dont agree that the cyclone is too big for 3 people or more, all depends on the people. I have vaped multiple cyclones by myself in one sesh using both bags and the whip on many occasions. However now i use the elbow pack not because the cyclone is too big, but because the elbow is just sooo musch more efficient. I would pack less in 2 elbows than 1 cyclone pack, and would get significantly less high from the cyclone pack (using the whip each time). :2c:

On the point of there being too few hits using the elbow pack...I feel the quality of the hits u get from the elbow are better than from the cyclone. U may get less hits, but it only takes 30 seconds max to tap out a spent elbow and vaccuum a new one, and you are back at it. Plus i find there is no need to stir the elbow pack, and i find if i use the cyclone pack i have to stir it at least once ("cyclone effect" never works as good as advertised with me). Like pappy said there are advantages to the cyclone for some people, like it provides higher air to vapour ratio, which is good if it hitting an elbow pack makes your throat irritated. Im looking for a thicker hits on average so i go pack bows. Pappy, will be interested to see what u think of elbow packs after u try water filtration.

Im digging that bub hereatlast. Who makes that one? I've been contacting glasstafarian about a custom order, so psyched!!

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
One more thing...

Salty said:

My guess is its the sound of the heater. My prediction is u only hear it after a few hours because u are really high at this point and so pick out wierd things like this (happens to me obviously). If u listen to it real close, u will hear this sound at the same time that the red light is flashing.

Mr. Smoke No More,

hereatlast

Thanks Mr. Smoke!

The bub is Sheldon Black, the downstem is a Luke Wilson 6-arm (2 slits each). Works very nicely. Just went to a new (and much nicer) headshop today with some high quality and fairly priced local glass, definitely gonna be grabbing something new in the next month or so....

Good call on glasstafarian! What are you looking to get made? He did some free sand-blasting on my piece which was real nice.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom