The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hereatlast

^^ couldn't agree more. I started with a small tube and moved onto bubblers. I like the pieces small so you can actually milk them with vapor. Also, the smaller mouthpieces on both of the bubblers seem to concentrate the flavor of a big hit.

You could call it a downside but I brown a bowl pretty quickly, a few (higher end) thick hits and I'm done (and gone).

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ You're making me paranoid, Mr. Smoke. Soulshineglass hasn't delivered my 18" beaker yet because their sandblaster is broken and then I saw a nice little bubbler in Iadelphia Glass I probably would've bought had I not bought the beaker from Ray. A sign?

Pappy,

wolf torn

Pappy

get this with his showerhead diffuser

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55243376/travel-tube-with-diffy-and-slide

I have had 18inch bong with the eq and its way too big in general for me, but is ok if you have the room for it and don't want to travel.

I sold my EQ to my buddy but I'm her now with it hitting it with the travel tube and freakin love it, just got his showerhead in the mail tonight and well worth the extra for it.

wolf torn,

Pappy

shmaporist
Thanks! I'm beginning to get a vibe. What do you think of this?
il_430xN.172401813.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/5570800...price_desc&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

Pappy,

wolf torn

Ah, well thats your call

I have looked for weeks for my pick

its personal preference

give it some thought

I have looked at that piece before

my suggestion gets you showerhead diffuser and is handheld

wolf torn,

Pappy

shmaporist
lowfront said:
Ah, well thats your call

I have looked for weeks for my pick

its personal preference

give it some thought

I have looked at that piece before

my suggestion gets you showerhead diffuser and is handheld
Food for thought! Many thanks.

Pappy,

Shiz

@ Mr. Smoke No More. Thanks for the tips. I'm waiting on that 19.7" beaker but I also got a Travel Tube and some custom adapters I'm waiting on from SoulShineFamilyGlass. Probably just gonna use the big one occasionally and the Travel Tube daily.

@Pappy and hereatlast. I'm in way over my initial budget. I planned to spend no more than $150 and just get a nice vape...lol. I already spent another $200 on glass since I bought the EQ and I was looking at that same bubbler yesterday and a few others.
Triple perc bubb (Looks decent. Effective?)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/57223309/clear-triple-perk-with-diffused-down

Double perc
http://www.etsy.com/listing/56975082/dot-to-dot-clear-glass-art

Nabyglass bubb (Not as nice but recommeded in etsy thread))
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50773879/cheap-inline-bubbler-with-spikes

I like the glasstafarian one the best with the 20 slits and removable perc but I'm gonna wait at least until my tubes get here before getting a bubb.
lowfront said:
its personal preference
Exactly but since I haven't tried any of this stuff before, I gotta buy them all and then decide which I prefer...lol. I can probably sell anything I really don't like.

Shiz,

hereatlast

It's tough first getting into glass, especially online...its hard to imagine what a piece will 'feel' like before its in your hands and your pulling on it.

FWIW I wholeheartedly recommend glasstafarian, I just put my glasstafarian bub in the for sale thread but that has nothing to do with the quality of the product, just gotta make room for new glass :lol:

Shiz I think I like the Naby the best out of those. With vaping airflow has been the most important factor for me, too much and you'll get an airy hit, too little and your stuck sucking away. I know its hard to predict what a piece will hit like though.

Pappy, that very same picture is what made me order from glasstafarian, his products are high quality and cheap for what they are. I wouldn't worry about going wrong, sounds like that beaker should pack a punch, though I definitely recommend a diffused downstem (to avoid chugginess and promote a purring like Mr. Smoke advised).

hereatlast,

wolf torn

you have to realize too thats its much easier to plug the EQ into a real downstem peice glass on glass

its hard to just try to connect through a standard bowl

and I heard don't go through NABY

wolf torn,

Pappy

shmaporist
Ordered the shower diffy -- but whether I get the 12" or 18" beaker is now in the hands of fate. Ray email me he was off to the sandblaster before I emailed him to swap the 18" for a 12". We shall see! :brow:

^ thanks all

Pappy,

wolf torn

showerhead diffy

2nd day with it

by far best upgrade ever

makes my vapor MUCH MUCH BETTER!!

wolf torn,

fidget

lowfront said:
showerhead diffy

2nd day with it

by far best upgrade ever

Ive contacted SSG about a travel beaker with showerhead diffy.
How would I attach it to the Q?
Any help much appreciated.

fidget,

wolf torn

Ask if he can make it with an 18.8 joint size

if not

see if he'll make the adapter for ya to make it 18.8

wolf torn,

hereatlast

You need an H20 adaptor either 14mm or 18mm (or just use the elbow as an H20 adaptor) depending on the joint size of your new glass.

Man I think its time to sticky some info on how to hook up a vape to a GonG bong, I think the H20 adaptor question is right up there with how to elbow-pack on this thread.

Completely agree with lowfront on both counts: GonG is the way to go, if your buying NEW glass or especially custom glass, there's no reason to NOT be getting a GonG joint. Also, the diffused downstems (showerhead or otherwise) allow that 'purr' as opposed to the 'chug.' More and smaller bubbles means a smoother hit and more easily displaced water I think.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
fidget said:
lowfront said:
showerhead diffy

2nd day with it

by far best upgrade ever

Ive contacted SSG about a travel beaker with showerhead diffy.
How would I attach it to the Q?
Any help much appreciated.
Ray has the proper (straight joint). Word got to him just as he was nearing my 18" beaker to his sandblaster. He stopped at the last second and tomorrow he'll be sandblasting my 12" beaker instead. Ordered it with the showerhead diffy. Can't wait! :)
12" much better size... ;)

Pappy,

Vapor Duff

With all this talk of beakers, I hopped on the bandwagon, and bought a 12" clear acrylic waterpipe (I'm poor, so glass wasn't an option). I'll let you know the results once I get to try it out. :)

Vapor Duff,

Vapor Duff

lowfront said:
You can get a travel beaker with SSFG for $50 shipped man, best deal on the planet
But when I can get a acrylic piece that already has the correct downstem for $20, it becomes the best deal on the planet. Plus, I could hurl it across the room, and it would probably survive. I'm also way too clumsy to have many glass-on-glass pieces (broke one bowl and one elbow piece so far).

Anyway, I didn't give my impressions last night because the attachment worked really, really well. :ko: Massive draws and vapor clouds completely obliterated me. I give it two thumbs way, way up!

Vapor Duff,

Shiz

SSFG made me a custom worked gong adapter for the Travel Tube and matching mouthpiece for the Extreme Q whip. Those two custom pieces plus the Travel Tube w/diffy shipped for $100. I think that's an excellent deal for the quality of the workmanship I'm getting.

Shiz,

fidget

Just ordered a travel beaker with showerhead diffy and an adapter.
Getting Ray to blast his logo onto it and make me a fancy new pick to replace my broken one.
He's shipping it to the UK for me.
Can hardly wait!

fidget,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Man, those glasstafarian bubs with the 20 slit showerhead upgrade looks primo. Was looking at shit all day yesterday, but i definatey like the size and craftmanship as well as the price of these. Plus i can customize colours if i want, nice. Only mentions shipping to the US, what about canada? Sorry hereatlast, looking for an 18mm...

Mr. Smoke No More,

Spin-out

fidget who was it that you ordered your showerhead diffy from? i've had a hard job finding any of them in the U.K

Spin-out,

wolf torn

I have the SSFG Showerhead and this thing freaking peeeerrrsss

How he makes them it is actually better then the pictures he has shown.

Super High Quality diffusion holy shit

hooked up to my PD is perfect

but the SSFG showerhead with the EQ was like night and day...even with normal bong I thought the EQ tasted awful in general (sorry guys) but with the SSFG showerhead I don't even notice the "metalic" taste I used to hate

wolf torn,

Shiz

lowfront said:
even with normal bong I thought the EQ tasted awful in general (sorry guys) but with the SSFG showerhead I don't even notice the "metalic" taste I used to hate

Huh? I gotta admit, you're making me want one but not for taste benefits.

Are you saying that the vapor from an Extreme Q normally tastes metallic in your opinion and the showerhead diffuser changes the taste for you? Were you using a metal bong or one with a metal downstem like some acrylics have?

Never heard anyone say the EQ tasted metallic. It's glass on glass. IME it always taste just like what the herb smells like.

That statement makes me believe you might be a little misleading perhaps in your excitement? Isn't it still the same vapor coming through the EQ with or w/out a diffuser? The same amount of vapor but the diffy splits it up, so it touches more of the water, which cools it down more. This should give you the ability to take massive hits that are super cooled by the added surface area.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but should different glass diffy variations change the taste of vapor?

Shiz,
Top Bottom