The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Justpassedu

I am considering picking up a liquid pad, I just hate spending money on shipping for such a small item. The hemp does get a bit crumbly toward the end in my experience, but I have enough to last me years, so I just toss it afterward anyway. I have a friend who offered me a ecig battery with a wax attachment to use when I got it, but I really do want to avoid smoking...
I have used the ecig batteries with globe attachment's , they are super portable , that is what i like about them. I never really considered it smoking bc it has not felt as harsh to me but i guess it kinda is smoking. They don't provide as big of rips as a dab but i liked using them. I cant really get wax out by me anyways , i am in a non legal state. You could try some cotton or even grab a liquid pad from a plenty or volcano as i see they are cheap online shipped and just cut them down to size. Shouldn't be more than $5 shipped .

** I dont know how good this site is but they are $4.90 free shipping and they take paypal so you are covered , they would need to be cut down to size - http://www.vaporizergalaxy.com/volcano-plenty-liquid-pad-set.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA9c-2BRC_vaaJ0Ybps30SJABlqxDe5u9F4djEDAQWoyHBdp47MqjopORptVErhGZT1y6PjxoCGS_w_wcB

****They also have Crafty/Mighty ones for $6.90

Kalessin

I have used the ecig batteries with globe attachment's , they are super portable , that is what i like about them. I never really considered it smoking bc it has not felt as harsh to me but i guess it kinda is smoking. They don't provide as big of rips as a dab but i liked using them. I cant really get wax out by me anyways , i am in a non legal state. You could try some cotton or even grab a liquid pad from a plenty or volcano as i see they are cheap online shipped and just cut them down to size. Shouldn't be more than $5 shipped .
I feel like it's not as bad as smoking actual herb. I hit my friends and I didn't feel too bad about it, since most of the solid material has been processed out, but, you know, fuck combustion and all that

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
DD update
Ordered a Pyrex Claisen adapter much like @Dr. Soxhlet. has. :rockon:Might fit it upside down on the EQ and my setup and an 1m F/F I have already. Be able to balance a light portable on top of the straight path of the adapter and the vape or something.
CreateThumbnail.aspx
s-l500.jpg

Enclosed my DD 'downstem' wand with the straight tube 19mm thick adapter. So now my 'd-wand' is more insulated. :nod: Wound hemp fiber around the slitted part of the downstem end. Plus a placed a screen that I fashioned like a bottle cap on top. To keep the larger particles inside the 'd-wand'. The DD 'd-wand' will have a 19mm female fitting that should fit the male end of the Claisen adapter.

Will have a near glass setup with about 4 - 6 inches of tubing for flexibility. Near 18mm pathway from EQ to "Q" except at the collection area. :brow: The Poker tool and hemp ragmop dipped in ISO cleans those hard to reach corners and scrapes the walls like a paint scraper. To think I almost didn't buy it.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
My friend just received his new eq, it's a different colour, what's that about...

Does this signify a new model or some internal updates???

VPXEkdZ.jpg

Isn't this the vtower colour????

Iv emailed arizer this same question and am awaiting a reply...

Pl5QoX8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Justpassedu

My friend just received his new eq, it's a different colour, what's that about...

Does this signify a new model or some internal updates???

VPXEkdZ.jpg

Isn't this the vtower colour????

Iv emailed arizer this same question and am awaiting a reply...

Pl5QoX8.jpg
Don't quote me on this but i believe that is the older model. The newer 1's are darker colored. I just did a search and most of the posts that are older on this forum and a few others with pictures show that color Eq which def leads me to believe that your friend had got the older version. I also believe the temperature adjustment on those goes up in different increments. Post #6722 will show you all you need to know - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-269

Justpassedu

But it was supplied by vapefiend ( who guarantee latest stock ), and has the all glass mini whip...
I would see what Arizer says , who knows maybe they are using old parts to make new vape's but that is def how the older versions came with the silver on them. I posted a link that will show you the old model and new model. I would contact vapefiend also , tell them you were sent a older model, see what they say.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I think your right, I think I need to wait for arizer to get back to me,
If it came with the old parts I'd be sure it's an old model, but the fact it has the all glass mini whip and new bag mp's, makes me wonder if this is a new eq...

On arizer web site, the pic of the black eq is called the 'extreme q'

The silver picture has the words 'the new extreme q' on it...

Would arizer really be packaging old eq's with new parts... if so this would mean that the actual eq hasn't changed in years, as far as software tweaks or sensor upgrades....

Edit:- I can confirm that the temperature increments are in single degrees...

So this can't be an out and out old model...

Also I puchased an eq for myself from the same supplier about 6 weeks ago, and it was black, same as the one I bought in September.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

@kellya86 @Justpassedu @bobbylite and y'all
We were just a little ahead of the curve on the Chrome EQ. I believe the description was similar to the 4.0 black. They had a sale just before the switch to midnight chrome. Now we know what the new EQer's are getting.
-------------------------------------
:party:New Midnight Chrome finish for EQ for 2016. :party:
:cool:From Arizer website

• New Quiet Fan
  • New 'Midnight Chrome' Finish
  • Cooler, more compact design
  • Now with THREE Year Waranty
  • New clear view LCD Screen
  • Now with 'fast heat' ceramic heating
  • Precise temperature control, now with triple heat sensors
  • Redesigned with Solid State Circuitry
  • 50% more energy efficient
  • SAME (Introductory) PRICE !
- See more at: http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-desktop/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html#sthash.VqLpIDRN.dpuf
aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.jpg

New charging dock for Solo

solo-charging-dock.jpg

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall them touting the triple heat sensors several years ago.
I saw the triple heat sensor mentioned in the EQ blurb during the sale just before the Chrome became the updated version. 'Arizer Extreme Q' Title had 'Midnight Chrome' in the title for a brief moment.

Other than the chrome references, it might be the same blurb. :D

'50% more energy efficient'? Than the 4.0? or several years ago?

The are changing a few things up.

MoltenTiger

When I bought mine in 2014 it was touted as 'midnight chrome', and it is the standard black model. Kinda weird they changed the colour again, but not the name.
It also had the same list of features listed above; with three sensors, Canadian made display, fast ceramic heat-up etc.

It's a pity they didn't include DDave mod components with the latest units, as that is such a game-changing difference.
I guess silver is cool though..

I really dig my Trog Cali Bear sticker on the front of my unit (my display pic), the EQ is a great size for cool art :)

Edit: the last few pages were awesome to read through, great convos on this thread!

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

DD-update- Claisen adapter on the Glass Warhammer. Flowermate 1.0 w/18mm adapter on top of the Claisen adapter. Easy to lift and clear the Adapter.
ALL work great together.

Bought some Silicone tubing (1/4" I.D X 3/8" O.D - Temperature Rated to 500F) Have 2 - 4in adapters with a somewhat 45 degree bend. There is one on the pic above the wand setup in this older picture. Cut 8 inches of hose and made an adapter hose with a 1/4 I.D between the glass. So the hose and the two bended adapters make it look like a boomerang adapter. It can work in strange angles. And I have used the adapters as wands before. But I like my deluxe setup for now.

The 'd-wand' enclosed with 19mm adapter got replacement silicone adapters. So I have a well insulated 'd-wand' that is easy to grab.

So everything got upgraded or widened plus the two way adapter. :tup: And I can run the Flowermate (or anything that can fit a 19mm Female joint that isn't too heavy) with my EQ and my "Q" water piece at the same time.:nod: Not bad for less that $15.00. :peace:

Last edited:

scorpioeq

Hey All, Does anyone have any experience with fake EQs? After talking extensively with Arizer support, one of the possibilities for my unit acting up is that the unit is a fake. It was bough BNIB off the classifieds, but anything is possible. Anyone know of differences between fakes and authentics?

YungLeaner

Hey All, Does anyone have any experience with fake EQs? After talking extensively with Arizer support, one of the possibilities for my unit acting up is that the unit is a fake. It was bough BNIB off the classifieds, but anything is possible. Anyone know of differences between fakes and authentics?
I really doubt yours was fake if it came in the box with all correct accessories. I know there are fake Solos and Airs, but I don't think EQ is a common fakeout.

On a happier note: I now have an EQ! 40$ on LA Craigslist, it's a newer model. Came with all pieces so I threw together a bootleg DDave mod with 18mm M2Ms and a F2F + a whip to my bong. WOW! I'm the 9 millionth person to say this, but the mod really turns a mediocre conduction desktop into a top notch convection unit. It's so good that I almost can't believe Arizer isn't taking advantage of it. I'm milking up pipes like I'm using an Evo. The draw takes some time to get going, but the vapor quality for the price (even at 150, setting aside my 40$ purchase) is remarkable.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
mediocre conduction desktop into a top notch convection unit.

How is the stock eq a mediocre conduction unit? Its sold as a convection desktop. I understand there is an element of conduction with the herb sitting on the screen or touchin the glass, but it's mainly convection, even stock...
The ddave mod still uses screens and glass walls that the herb can touch, so how does it affect how convection or conduction it is..
Are you saying that because the airflow is better, the glass doesn't conduct as much heat, meaning less conduction takes place???
If so I think that's neglegable...

YungLeaner

How is the stock eq a mediocre conduction unit? Its sold as a convection desktop. I understand there is an element of conduction with the herb sitting on the screen or touchin the glass, but it's mainly convection, even stock...
The ddave mod still uses screens and glass walls that the herb can touch, so how does it affect how convection or conduction it is..
Are you saying that because the airflow is better, the glass doesn't conduct as much heat, meaning less conduction takes place???
If so I think that's neglegable...
Yes, I think the difference in airflow massively effects the conduction to convection ratio. In the cyclone bowl the weed is touching a glass bowl that gets very hot, and the air only flows through a tiny diameter of the bud. @pakalolo is the master of this topic but the intake hole in the cyclone bowl's design mixed with the glass exposure to herb means that its heating with conduction, radiation and perhaps a little convection. I pack my weed in a tiny elbow screen that goes face down and the weed is only touching the screen. It is essentially pure convection, as can be surmised by the massive improvements in quality of vapor and ease of extraction.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Elbow packing the stock setup achieves the same thing..

I'm not denying that the mods improve the eq lots...but.

Even when I ran stock setup, I never really found my herb was in contact with the glass much even loading the cyclone, the herb is pulled up to the basket and moves around, allowing the air to do its convection thing...

I just think it's wrong to state on this forum that the eq is a conduction vape..that's wrong and may confuse new vapers looking to choose a vape...
The eq is more convection, even stock, so it should be refered to as such...do you not agree???

YungLeaner

Elbow packing the stock setup achieves the same thing..

I'm not denying that the mods improve the eq lots...but.

Even when I ran stock setup, I never really found my herb was in contact with the glass much even loading the cyclone, the herb is pulled up to the basket and moves around, allowing the air to do its convection thing...

I just think it's wrong to state on this forum that the eq is a conduction vape..that's wrong and may confuse new vapers looking to choose a vape...
The eq is more convection, even stock, so it should be refered to as such...do you not agree???

I'm not sure. I don't want to throw people off the trail because I really support vaporizing and I'm sure the EQ is fine when used in its stock form. But a tight pack would absolutely result in conduction. A full pack the same. And 50/50 conduction and convection in a vape usually leads to me calling it a "conduction" vape. And not enjoying it as much, and having to clean it more. I felt the same way about my Solo, but I never modded it with screens to make it more convection. Even Arizer admits that elbow packing is a thing now. I love the EQ already. It hits like a mini herbalizer with the mod, so yeah, i think that's how everyone should use it. It isn't very expensive to do and is a real game changer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Like I say, I agree with the mod completely, I have multiple @DDave parts,

Maybe it's caus I never fully loaded it, but I would have said it was nowhere near 50/50, 20/80 at most...

Iv tested this by leaving herb In the adapter with no drawing for an amount of time and I saw very minimal loss of actives, if it was 50/50, my herb would be conducting away the whole time and I'd have seen more loss..

I think you have to work against the eq's design to make it mainly conduction, by over packing it...

it lends itself, by design, to being a convection vape...

I can see this conversation heading towards the laws of thermodynamics...

throwawaytre3s

I'm sure the EQ is fine when used in its stock form.
I'm not about to weigh in on the conduction vs convection debate, I love my firewood and my EQ. My Flowermate is a great starter vape. But the EQ stock really isn't worth using the whip for. It's a fantastic vape on it's own, stock, new, but I honestly didn't start using the whip until I got the DDave mod. I can run it through bubblers and bongs now, and even just hit it from the whip. I never got that with the stock whip and the stock bowl. HOWEVER, that being said, I mainly used bags as a result until I got my DDave mod in. The bags were exceptional, and they're even more so now, but if someone doesn't want to mod it, I don't know if I could actually comfortably recommend it as a whip style vape. I don't have any experience with any whip only desktops. Therefore, I can't make a recommendation there overall, but if someone came to me and said "Hey, throwawaytre3s, I want a desktop vape that stock will be great with a whip" I couldn't say to buy the EQ. The bags are great stock, but like I said, I only started using the whip after the mods (and a water pipe adapter instead of the elbow adapter, way better airflow).

Top Bottom