The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
No way...
You replaced the eq with a log...
Iv heard alot about logs, have been curious for a while...

Can it give you that punch in the face delivery as the eq does.???

Do you think it is better than the eq???

Way......
Sure did (of sorts)......
You would like one I think.......
It can but maybe not as big as the EQ reaper.....
Different, not necessarily better though......

You are making me feel like an adulterer!

Trypsy Summers

Arizer EQ,

I would just like to add my :2c: worth again! re this Vaporizer!
This vaporizer = LEXUS, it's the LEXUS of vaporizers, I love this Vaporizer because its packed full of technology that actually works, and works good! Please note that I am not even including the virtues of the fan or the remote control (both significant factors) in this overview!

To be honest, I've used this vape for several years, and went from initial enthusiasm to indifference with it, as you do! However, I have to say, having recently given the EQ a 'proper' going over, all I can say is that this appliance is extremely good not quite the at the pinnacle, but as close enough, to be very contented with its delivery.

As I've stated previously, where the Arizer EQ falls down imho, is in the ONE HIT (QUITTER) department, but is that such a big deal? I think in terms of temperature control, etc, I feel the EQ to be arguably the best in class, when 'temp' range and 'timer' duration are taken into account.

The other thing that I have found, is when it comes to ABV, I have to say the Volcano (Digit) is 'head and shoulders' above both the EQ and the EVO, when it comes to extracting usable vapor (in imho)!

However, I think that in terms of Value For Money; the Arizer EQ, is possibly the best buy, but if you then factor in the cost for a Hydratube (which I feel is needed for the best results), then that would push the EQ up into the EVO price range! Although it should be noted there are less expensive 'water' hook ups that can be attached to the EQ that costs far less, but whether the results are the same? Well that is down to individual preference. Although I must confess that I find the Hydratube attached to the EQ is a sweet combination, imho:tup:

:leaf:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I would not say better @kellya86 just different. I purchased a log vape as a daily driver but the EQ is a great reserve/weekend vape. It really loves higher temps so the EQ still has a place at the table for me.
The log vape might be the answer you seek for lowering your tolerance and squeezing all the essence out of every hit. Then once you've lowered it all week, then break out the EQ when you are ready to be the weekend warrior. Work on Monday? Well back to grind and back to the log. Repeat. You could plug in the EQ on Thursday in anticipation or as a sort of ritual. I suppose.
As I've stated previously, where the Arizer EQ falls down imho, is in the ONE HIT (QUITTER) department, but is that such a big deal? I think in terms of temperature control, etc, I feel the EQ to be arguably the best in class, when 'temp' range and 'timer' duration are taken into account.
It isn't it's strong suit, but one hit quitters are achievable with the right conditions as with anything with the EQ. I have my own F/F and wand setup and get dark mocha abv at a constant 200c. Can get whip hits than feel more like a punch to the top of the head then in the face. Like a Mike Tyson punch that knocks you off your balance.
I've replaced my log vape with the EQ: I get much stronger hits with the EQ. But what I like best is the tiny amount of herb I use to get those hits.
That is the impression that I've been getting in the forums about log vapes in gereral.

Tell me if this sounds accurate. Log and EQ users. I would like to hear more contrast and comparisons between the two. Since we have a lot of new users who are looking to get their first vape. Log users like what they have, But I wonder if it is suitable for the uninitiated or for group settings. Some recommend them as being better, while I see it more of a specialized vape. Not immediately better than the EQ. Just excellent at what it was meant to do. A powerhouse to extract as much from as little as possible. Taste and controlled extraction are secondary to these units. IMHO from what I've gathered.

Log vapes are full conduction and their strong suit is extraction with very small amounts. I guess they don't handle large bowls as well. or So I've read.
If you want to extract as much as possible vapor from a tiny pinch. It does that extremely well. Excellent for micro dosing. The heat control is manual. You pretty much want to depend on it's heat setting when ready.

The EQ is a convection and relies on air for most of it's extraction. You can elbow pack accordingly and get those stronger hits. Plus there are even wider options for that as well. You can rely on the sensor to automatically adjust the heat for consistency plus you have manual digital control. If you want to extract over time in a session. This goes wide on the subject.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

@little maggie I was under the impression that logs were the most efficient vape...
But you say the eq is more frugal???

I was going to ask the same thing, actually. Even with my DDave mod, I'm using what would be two packs in the firewood, full capsules even, or one FM bowl, in my EQ per bowl. Anyways, I'm curious as to if anyone has been able to hook up their EQ to an arduino or anything. I remember a post a long time ago (I don't recall if it was here) about someone trying to manipulate their EQ using a computer and an IR beacon/transmitter, like in a universal remote.

CuckFumbustion

Actually, logs are convection vaporizers. This is all very OT for the EQ thread however. Let's try to keep this thread focused on the EQ. Thanks!
Thanks for being quick to correct that and clearing up my first misconception. I was fooled by it's SS pathway. Anyway, Will join the log thread to get with that subject on my own. C-ya there! Now back to the main thread.... :)

The EQ is what I am most familiar with and I try to get as much a wide an understanding as possible. I do try to mimic other vapes with my setups. Examine their design ideas, etc. Since I already have an 18mm glass adapter to start with, there are several other options to borrow from.
I was going to ask the same thing, actually. Even with my DDave mod, I'm using what would be two packs in the firewood, full capsules even, or one FM bowl, in my EQ per bowl. Anyways, I'm curious as to if anyone has been able to hook up their EQ to an arduino or anything. I remember a post a long time ago (I don't recall if it was here) about someone trying to manipulate their EQ using a computer and an IR beacon/transmitter, like in a universal remote.
Yes there are a few times that topic came up in this thread and piqued my interest. I might have seen an Android app somewhere that someone came up with.
So someone did took that idea further. It would be cool to use my EQ like a neo-Crafty. :nod:

Others may have added voltage regulators or the equivalent to give the EQ a power boost.:hmm: That topic might be in the backpages somewhere too.

So, I can upgrade the power, the input, and the heater cover. The EQ isn't a vaporizer at all. It'a a PC!:bowdown:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

The heater cover? How can you upgrade that?! Also it'd be interesting to modify the power, but wouldn't it just make it harsher and hotter? What would the benefit be
Keep in mind, These are all ideas. :mental:Perhaps a taller female connection? Different grade and thickness of the glass heater cover? (That the enclosure would allow). @Dr. Soxhlet replaced his with an 18mm stem from a water piece(?) or something? So it is do-able.

Some shapes and sizes of glass conduct heat differently,(Like how some bowls conduct heat differently) So there may be an ideal template to work from, If you wanted to say go entirely custom. Other than the space limitations and perhaps the power from behind needed to heat up the glass properly and preferably more evenly.
There is 3 sensors in the later models, I've read here. If I know more about them and there relationship with the PCB , I could shoot out a few more ideas why it might be a worthwhile project. :science:

As far as power. Some of the more recent members are finding what I mentioned about the transformer(?) working better plugged in FT 24/7. The earlier posts in this thread pertaining to adding MORE PWR that I mentioned previuosly, had their own reasoning and experimentation for trying this out. Maybe upgrade the power was a bit exaggerated, but in a small amount is plausible. Worthwhile? Dunno. ATM:shrug:I do want to revisit that topic.

I'm not equating more AC = hotter temps. More like more AC on tap = quicker ramp up times for EQ to that target temp = more of an accurate and constant temp = better extraction. If that makes any sense, cause I just made it up. :haw:

I do want to know the nature of the power needs of the EQ myself and don't know the internals of the power unit. But did get to know it's behavior real well over time. Hope this gets some ideas to kick around. :peace:

EDIT - Direct answer time. Yes. you can replace the heater cover. It is designed with that in mind. :nod:There are several posts and videos and How to's on the topic. and @Dr. Soxhlet's sig.

Last edited:

little maggie

@little maggie I was under the impression that logs were the most efficient vape...
But you say the eq is more frugal???
I haven't figured out much about the eq so I mainly use this tiny screen that came with the DDmod kit. It's much smaller and holds much less than any stems from my UD. In spite of this, there are quite a few draws before it stops producing. Actually I think it's a bit too strong for me- I'm using the same herb I've used with my other vapes: solo, haze 3, ud etc and this has a far more potent effect. I need to start limiting myself to one or possibly 2 hits.

I still like my logs and plan to get a HI when my name comes up. There is little simpler than a log vape. It would be a perfect beginner's desktop.

CuckFumbustion

I haven't figured out much about the eq so I mainly use this tiny screen that came with the DDmod kit.
Would that be the 14mm short bowl and wand? I should revisit that setup. Used to bowl pack and place a round glass screen between the wand and bowl, so the tiny screen wouldn't clog. Also came up with a pinch method to hold larger particles between the screens which made for an interesting extraction. :p

little maggie

Would that be the 14mm short bowl and wand? I should revisit that setup. Used to bowl pack and place a round glass screen between the wand and bowl, so the tiny screen wouldn't clog. Also came up with a pinch method to hold larger particles between the screens which made for an interesting extraction. :p
Not sure- it's the 14.4 one that's in the picture on the previous page of how to connect to water. Mine came with 3 sized screens: a large flat one, a medium basket and a tiny basket that goes in the 14.4 one pictured by stevenski on the previous page.

CuckFumbustion

So you are using the 14mm screens (from the @DDave kit) in the 14.4 whip end below? I can see that being too strong, if you are direct drawing fromthe whip end. I use my 14mm wand because it has a longer pathway and allows the vapor to gas up better.(Much like the other vapes you mentioned.) and add a different draw resistance. But you also can try different amounts with your setup.

Just reread an earlier post of yours for clarity. You have a mix of ddave parts. Not a Full @DDave kit. AmIright? I understand that now. So, if you are using a 14mm bowl and a whip end like the pictured. Then you have your own personal setup. The @DDave 14mm kit and the full kit having the tall wand which I'm describing in my 14mm short bowl and wand setup. Anyway consider a longer pathway, if you are taking direct draws from the EQ.
onOFd.jpg

little maggie

So you are using the 14mm screens (from the @DDave kit) in the 14.4 whip end below? I can see that being too strong, if you are direct drawing fromthe whip end. I use my 14mm wand because it has a longer pathway and allows the vapor to gas up better.(Much like the other vapes you mentioned.) and add a different draw resistance. But you also can try different amounts with your setup.

Just reread an earlier post of yours for clarity. You have a mix of ddave parts. Not a Full @DDave kit. AmIright? I understand that now. So, if you are using a 14mm bowl and a whip end like the pictured. Then you have your own personal setup. The @DDave 14mm kit and the full kit having the tall wand which I'm describing in my 14mm short bowl and wand setup. Anyway consider a longer pathway, if you are taking direct draws from the EQ.
onOFd.jpg
I should have the full kit. I'll try the tall wand. But what are these for if not how I'm using them.

CuckFumbustion

I should have the full kit. I'll try the tall wand. But what are these for if not how I'm using them.
They are intended for whip hose connections. So you can connect your whip hose to a 14mm female connection. It will go great with your bubbler, if it has a 14mm female connection.

But, There is nothing preventing from you using it 'your way', if you have a preference. Just If you get the 14mm kit or the full kit, Save this piece for your water tool.

Whatever you decide, If you want to direct draw from the bowl, I'd go with a longer wand to allow the vapor to gas up.
Tried to go with the short stem with other experiments and had perhaps the fume-like spectrum of vapor that I found less pleasant and reminded me of weaker vapes that I tried. Did it taste 'fumey' to you?
But yea, having at least a 3 inch pathway seems to be where fumes turn to gas then to vapor. as it should:p Or vaporous blue gas if you are getting all things coming together efficiently. :brow:IMHO .

little maggie

It didn't taste fumey to me- seems like the whip made it very mild. I always need water and didn't with this. I'm going to try the long stem today. I think I'll try it another time with the UFO. It looks like it will fit well with that.

CuckFumbustion

It didn't taste fumey to me- seems like the whip made it very mild. I always need water and didn't with this. I'm going to try the long stem today. I think I'll try it another time with the UFO. It looks like it will fit well with that.
I was think more of the stem fitting an Orbiter than a UFO. :lol: But It will change up the draw resistance, If used in any fashion with your UFO and EQ.
Then again you can change that with whatever glass and your UFO I suppose. :hmm:

CuckFumbustion,

CuckFumbustion

I have both. I'll start with the Orbiter. Thanks for your help.
You have an Orbiter? Really? Cool Beans! :tup: Then the whip adapter will be handy either as an input to the Orbiter or as a mouthpiece (output) for it, If you still like using it for that. ;) Glad to help.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Stevenski

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
As I've stated previously, where the Arizer EQ falls down imho, is in the ONE HIT (QUITTER) department,

I disagree strongly with that as if you really crank up the EQ to 220c+ you can extract .1-.15 in a single rip easily. This is in a suitably preheated DDave modified unit (that you already have). If you want to hang around the 200c mark I doubt the EQ will one quit hit.

The log vape might be the answer you seek for lowering your tolerance and squeezing all the essence out of every hit. Then once you've lowered it all week, then break out the EQ when you are ready to be the weekend warrior. Work on Monday? Well back to grind and back to the log. Repeat. You could plug in the EQ on Thursday in anticipation or as a sort of ritual. I suppose.

It isn't it's strong suit, but one hit quitters are achievable with the right conditions as with anything with the EQ. I have my own F/F and wand setup and get dark mocha abv at a constant 200c. Can get whip hits than feel more like a punch to the top of the head then in the face. Like a Mike Tyson punch that knocks you off your balance.
That is the impression that I've been getting in the forums about log vapes in gereral.

Tell me if this sounds accurate. Log and EQ users. I would like to hear more contrast and comparisons between the two. Since we have a lot of new users who are looking to get their first vape. Log users like what they have, But I wonder if it is suitable for the uninitiated or for group settings. Some recommend them as being better, while I see it more of a specialized vape. Not immediately better than the EQ. Just excellent at what it was meant to do. A powerhouse to extract as much from as little as possible. Taste and controlled extraction are secondary to these units. IMHO from what I've gathered.

Log vapes are full conduction and their strong suit is extraction with very small amounts. I guess they don't handle large bowls as well. or So I've read.
If you want to extract as much as possible vapor from a tiny pinch. It does that extremely well. Excellent for micro dosing. The heat control is manual. You pretty much want to depend on it's heat setting when ready.

The EQ is a convection and relies on air for most of it's extraction. You can elbow pack accordingly and get those stronger hits. Plus there are even wider options for that as well. You can rely on the sensor to automatically adjust the heat for consistency plus you have manual digital control. If you want to extract over time in a session. This goes wide on the subject.

@CuckFumbustion logs are unsuitable for groups but perfect for one or two people to share. If I had a BBQ & was going to break out a vape in a group setting it would be the EQ on bags 100% & I would sort myself out with the Air. You are right about the Mon-Fri thing but I have also spoilt myself with my EQ as I crave the high temps.

If you want to try I suggest using the 14mm tall wand & slipping a piece of whip silicone under 1" over the end & plugging the whip mouthpiece in it. I found that worked brilliantly for direct draw & removed the need for a whip. Running the small 14mm DDave basket at under 200c was most agreeable & I don't really do low temps.

Top Bottom