The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Trypsy Summers

Has anyone considered using the new all glass mini-whip and the GONG piece with their whip tubing?

I am about to hook my EQ up to my Hydratube to see if the Arizer EQ (all things being fair) can match/stand up to the EVO!
I am also awaiting my adapter to arrive, so that I can hook my EQ up to my Budgie Bubbler, which incidentally, I use with the Crafty and Mighty! - I will be back with the SP later!

PS: When the adapter arrives I'm gonna test the 'budgie' with both the EVO and the Arizer, in a classic head to head!!

stressed

Checked out your posts. Short answer below. But check it out if you are curious.
Since you are going back to the drawing board, There may be a best of both situation if you have something that cools slightly over a stretch of a long glass pathway. Cools it just enough to avoid a cough plus reclaiming the larger particles.

Another tangent is water molecules attaching themselves to the vapor as it passes through.

You were pondering whether to have a shorter pathway and cut the PVC in half. I have done that for my whip setup and I definitely had more throat. Cheap upgrade IMO.
I'm considering getting a claisen adapter to expand on this. An all glass pathway might provide some answers of getting the right temp and gas mix that doesn't exacerbate any scratchy throat. Better then say having the Zeus turning that effort into a block of ice.:lol: I'm sure there is something clever you can do with that thing. Did you get a sense they had a design in mind or did they send you a brick? I can see why you cut bait on that and decided to fish elsewhere.

Trying to seek that balance myself. My current water setup has a lot of inside volume after it passes through water. A simple 6 slit downstem with just enough water to have a water barrier for the stem to work. Not a lot of diffusion going on. But there is a mist being thrown around inside the bottle. If I draw at a certain speed the heavier vapor stays inside the glass and becomes thicker with each draw. I only cough when I get greedy or exhale at the end. Or when I clear it and get those extra blast at the end. There is always going to be an amount of loss with water. So I use just enough length of silicone hose to shorten the pathway going to the water piece to compensate more. And sometimes I will cut off an inch here or there to get that correct air flow. And save those strips for other projects.:science:

You can just have a water piece to test the airflow with the fan with some dry runs and calibrate your setup. The elbow screen does restrict the airflow to an extent. (Another reason to go with the @DDave's btw.) I will hold the whip end to my ear sometimes to hear the airflow and that it feels good on my ears. :haw:
good information! i never thought of using less water. i'll give that a try this morning. it will allow for more vapor in the device so the hits should be a bit bigger.

i have started using the iceborn as my water device. it cuts the coughing down by about 2/3rds so it's useful at least.

for the first times since i got the Q, i tried using a whip through the iceborn. i was surprised at how much clearer the taste of the bud was. i can taste it in the bag but this was twice as tasty. one of the genetics that i've been vaping for about 3 years, vaped using the whip, reminds me of incense for some reason. it's an odd taste that i never noticed before.

it works reasonably well. i use the fan on slow or medium. the draw is about 1/3 harder than out of the bag, but that's with a lot of water and it's not a big deal.

i put a 1/10th into the bowl, and i get 5 or 6 decent hits but when there is barely any vapor coming in the exhale, i attach the bag and put on the fan for 2 minutes. there is a lot of vapor in the bag.

i don't really notice a difference in getting high using the bag or the whip but the whip definitely makes it a bit harder on my throat and causes me to cough more. when i get really high i like to use it for some reason. :)

@Stevenski

"
Most people with "heat" issues find it is the dryness of the vapour is where the issue lays & hot water provides moisture. When you cool a vapour all you do is lower the vapour temperature & it is stiill just as dry. If your coughing feels more dry & raspy then your problem lies with moisture not heat my friend. "

i think you're right. i'll try the hot water! never thought of it . :)

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

I am about to hook my EQ up to my Hydratube to see if the Arizer EQ (all things being fair) can match/stand up to the EVO!
I am also awaiting my adapter to arrive, so that I can hook my EQ up to my Budgie Bubbler, which incidentally, I use with the Crafty and Mighty! - I will be back with the SP later!

PS: When the adapter arrives I'm gonna test the 'budgie' with both the EVO and the Arizer, in a classic head to head!!

I gotta to say I got a a nice surprise, a (shock actually) as to how well The Arizer EQ worked with the Hydratube, it wasn't quite the EVO in terms of volume of vapor, but it certainly delivers, I would not hesitate to put the Arizer in the big league with the EVO (and Volcano/Mighty, etc) when coupled with a Hydratube. It may not be as 'extreme' as the EVO in terms of output volume, but the Arizer EQ is extreme in quality. :rockon:

For those at the back (of the class);
To make this hook-up work, you need to get a double ended 18mm male glass adapter to insert into the Arizer EQ cyclone bowl and the other end (facing up) is where the Hydratube sits, its not as compact as the EVO but its a solid fit and incidentally there is none of that irritating whistle you can get with the EVO! I find that if you are careful then it works, it certainly puts the Arizer into the big league, and I mean the big league, yeah that,s right I'm talking the Premier League.

Before I forget, you have to use the elbow bowl in the adapter (facing down into the cyclone bowl) to ensure bits ain't going into the glass! BTW, the EQ elbow bowl also gives a nice blast when packed on it's own, as opposed to using the cyclone bowl to contain your herbs!
The main difference that I found between the two, was that, the EVO is just 'up front' with the delivery of vapor, whereas the Arizer EQ is more of 'a creeper' in its effect, but both are quality.

However, to be fair (to the EVO) I have not really put it through it's real test yet, as last night I was more in the "Hello John, got a new Vapor?" Mode! In other-words giddy as f**K! Wid me new tings!!

But all said and done, if you can't spring for the full EVO experience, and you already have an Arizer EQ, then buy the Hydratube and (using it with an adapter,) you won't be far off!

Not saying, just saying - without saying. :tup:

PS I gotta more detailed post about this, going on over in Vapexhale EVO

2:

Justpassedu

I gotta to say I got a a nice surprise, a (shock actually) as to how well The Arizer EQ worked with the Hydratube, it wasn't quite the EVO in terms of volume of vapor, but it certainly delivers, I would not hesitate to put the Arizer in the big league with the EVO (and Volcano/Mighty, etc) when coupled with a Hydratube. It may not be as 'extreme' as the EVO in terms of output volume, but the Arizer EQ is extreme in quality. :rockon:

For those at the back (of the class);
To make this hook-up work, you need to get a double ended 18mm male glass adapter to insert into the Arizer EQ cyclone bowl and the other end (facing up) is where the Hydratube sits, its not as compact as the EVO but its a solid fit and incidentally there is none of that irritating whistle you can get with the EVO! I find that if you are careful then it works, it certainly puts the Arizer into the big league, and I mean the big league, yeah that,s right I'm talking the Premier League.

Before I forget, you have to use the elbow bowl in the adapter (facing down into the cyclone bowl) to ensure bits ain't going into the glass! BTW, the EQ elbow bowl also gives a nice blast when packed on it's own, as opposed to using the cyclone bowl to contain your herbs!
The main difference that I found between the two, was that, the EVO is just 'up front' with the delivery of vapor, whereas the Arizer EQ is more of 'a creeper' in its effect, but both are quality.

However, to be fair (to the EVO) I have not really put it through it's real test yet, as last night I was more in the "Hello John, got a new Vapor?" Mode! In other-words giddy as f**K! Wid me new tings!!

But all said and done, if you can't spring for the full EVO experience, and you already have an Arizer EQ, then buy the Hydratube and (using it with an adapter,) you won't be far off!

Not saying, just saying - without saying. :tup:

PS I gotta more detailed post about this, going on over in Vapexhale EVO

2:
EF8B5239-8A7A-492A-AB1A-AB8AFCE5C405_zps3okmnfca.jpg

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I am putting my EQ into semi retirement now but it has served me so well & it is an absolute fucking beast of a thing. My spidey senses are telling me I should set it up for a final fling & then I can soak all the glass over the next few days so it goes away spotless but ready for a good time. Loving @Justpassedu setup & especially the wax videos from @cwheezy are a bad influence on me :2c: :peace:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Good description. Kind of how I envisioned the impact of both. Agreed that there are ways to get it closer to neo-EVO performance, or neo-Log for that matter. Nice setup with the tall hydratube @Justpassedu.

have started using the iceborn as my water device. it cuts the coughing down by about 2/3rds so it's useful at least.
You at least know that it will work well cold. And If you break a water tool, well there is always the iceborn.

With whips and bags the manner of draw strength is different as well as strength of the vapor. If you can get more taste with less cough, then you can hone in on that. It is an indicator that more vapor can drag over your palette without irritation. :nod: Addressing the initial problem.
Plus the other points I and @Stevenski mentioned.

Trying to come up with a well behaved setup for my cords, So I can store it and my main glass while I'm away from home base, But still plugged in. With little fuss.

Sds

AyT9QWL.jpg

6gdxD2Q.jpg

Hi guys, just after your thoughts on this AVB? Would you say this is finished?
I usually do a full elbow pack at 205-220C.
I only get about 1-2 long draws out of it.

I'm starting to think my temps are low?

CuckFumbustion

AyT9QWL.jpg

6gdxD2Q.jpg

Hi guys, just after your thoughts on this AVB? Would you say this is finished?
I usually do a full elbow pack at 205-220C.
I only get about 1-2 long draws out of it.

I'm starting to think my temps are low?
Need some basic questions.
What are you using as a setup? Are you preheating the bowl and for how long? How long do you leave the elbow screen in the EQ before drawing? Some recommend 1 -5m depending on temp and setup. It looks like you could go a little darker for your 205-220C range.

Dryness and type of grind and density being the other questions. Also the amont in a pack.

Sds

What are you using as a setup? Are you preheating the bowl and for how long? How long do you leave the elbow screen in the EQ before drawing? Some recommend 1 -5m depending on temp and setup. It looks like you could go a little darker for your 205-220C range.

Dryness and type of grind and density being the other questions. Also the amont in a pack.

Hi there,

I use the stock eq set up with the whip.
I preheat the machine for 20mins with fan on 1.
I lightly fill the elbow screen with herb and press it down softly so it doesn't fall out, then I put the elbow screen back in place and let it heat for 5mins before pulling.

The herb is grinded as you can see In the photo. And it probably on the dryer side

Thanks!

Trypsy Summers

I find that the Arizer works best between 200C from the outset and then after about 20/30mins, cranking it up to 230C, which can be done incrementally or in one fell swoop, it depends on you. The other thing about the Arizer it needs time to get up to speed, I'm talking about 12 - 15mins to be sure, but from then on, you're good for at least 2hrs before the cut-out kicks in, so it makes up for it slowness with it's endurance, cos there ain't nothing worse than looking at your Volcano Digit and its down at 89C instead 195C, or when that green light on the EVO is flashing red and green, instead of solid green! As for the Plenty, the Mighty/Crafty - I ain't even gonna bother, cos if you know, you know, if you don't, then patience is a virtue, if you learn that simple fact and then you'll be fine...

Sorry I went on a bit, (side effects of the EVO, you know how it goes!:)

Oh by the way, I would suggest using about 0.2g in the elbow bowl, as that gives a potent bang. As for the Cyclone Bowl, I wouldn't put more than 0.4g to ensure good air flow. The herbs should be dry and nice, not damp! The higher the temp the more potent the delivery, but don't go above 230, cos it might combust!

Remember, it's essential with the EQ to make sure it warms up fully to get good effects, if you have a portable or something that warms up faster, then you could use that whilst it's heating up, or you could just turn it on and then go and do your preps and maybe potter about for 15mins and then you're definitely good to go

Peace:leaf:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
DDave mod, .15 elbow pack, 230c = good times all round. Perfect with a cup of coffee at breakfast in a single rip. By the time the coffee is drunk so are you :)

Consider the warm up time foreplay as properly done you will have a memorable time all parties will want to repeat. Warm glass means efficient extraction is achieved. When I want inefficient extraction I will go to my Air as that provides more good rips per g than any vape I have owned. When I want to lay myself out in double time I bust out the EQ & crank it up.

CuckFumbustion

Hi there,

I use the stock eq set up with the whip.
I preheat the machine for 20mins with fan on 1.
I lightly fill the elbow screen with herb and press it down softly so it doesn't fall out, then I put the elbow screen back in place and let it heat for 5mins before pulling.

The herb is grinded as you can see In the photo. And it probably on the dryer side

Thanks!
You might get slightly darker results if you elbow pack a little tighter and perhaps finer. Otherwise about the right color for your stock setup. Now it gets relative. The @DDave short bowl would get you closer to a mocha brown ABV at 200c, being that the herbs are closer to the heater. My special short bowl F/F setup will make any herbs dark mocha brown at 200C. Just saying that you can get better performance with 200c with other setups and/or tweaking what you have. Depending on the type of extraction you are going for.

I find that the Arizer works best between 200C from the outset and then after about 20/30mins, cranking it up to 230C, which can be done incrementally or in one fell swoop, it depends on you. The other thing about the Arizer it needs time to get up to speed, I'm talking about 12 - 15mins to be sure, but from then on, you're good for at least 2hrs before the cut-out kicks in, so it makes up for it slowness with it's endurance, cos there ain't nothing worse than looking at your Volcano Digit and its down at 89C instead 195C, or when that green light on the EVO is flashing red and green, instead of solid green! As for the Plenty, the Mighty/Crafty - I ain't even gonna bother, cos if you know, you know, if you don't, then patience is a virtue, if you learn that simple fact and then you'll be fine..
Knew the EQ had something else more going on than the others. :nod: Thanks for the comparisons.:tup:
What do you mean here by cut-out?
Do you mean the auto-shut off? :hmm:
The auto shutoff which can be set for 4hrs to zero hours at half hour increments. Mine is set to 0.0hrs which means NO SHUTOFF. I turn mine off manually.

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

What do you mean here by cut-out?

I mean the auto shut-off, which (contrary to the advice above, I always thought it) kicked in (i.e. turned the appliance off) after 2hrs, up to a maximum of 4hrs.
To be honest, I was unaware of the incremental feature - ya learn something new every day:wave:!

However, that was the main reason why I opted for the Volcano Digit, as opposed to the Classic, as I didn't fancy the idea of it being left on 24/7, and burning out components needlessly! I think out of the Big Three: EVO, Volcano and the Arizer, I feel that the EQ has got it absolutely spot on with this aspect of temperature control, i.e. the shut off feature.

Not saying,:| just saying ;) without saying:)

Have a nice day -all Vapesta's worldwide:leaf:

CuckFumbustion

I mean the auto shut-off, which (contrary to the advice above, I always thought it) kicked in (i.e. turned the appliance off) after 2hrs, up to a maximum of 4hrs.
To be honest, I was unaware of the incremental feature - ya learn something new every day:wave:!

However, that was the main reason why I opted for the Volcano Digit, as opposed to the Classic, as I didn't fancy the idea of it being left on 24/7, and burning out components needlessly! I think out of the Big Three: EVO, Volcano and the Arizer, I feel that the EQ has got it absolutely spot on with this aspect of temperature control, i.e. the shut off feature.

Not saying,:| just saying ;) without saying:)

Have a nice day -all Vapesta's worldwide:leaf:
If I bump or move the cord too much, it will shut off also. Hopefully a safety feature. but IDK.
I do leave my bowl heated when I am home, full time with the 'dome' light on. So the EQ will be brighter and easy to spot. in case I were to forget. But, yea get to know all the functions and presets. :nod:

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Nugg

little maggie

I finally tried my EQ. I got a used one with several pieces missing but have DD mods. I'm surprised how powerful it is. And, no coughing even without water.
Can someone point me to a description of attaching this to a bubbler- not hydratube

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The EQ can handle being on for extended periods & it always performed better after 4+ hours being on so I have used the auto shut off once. Not making that mistake again

I finally tried my EQ. I got a used one with several pieces missing but have DD mods. I'm surprised how powerful it is. And, no coughing even without water.
Can someone point me to a description of attaching this to a bubbler- not hydratube

Just replace the whip mouthpiece with either a 14mm or 18mm piece to suit your chosen weapon of mass destruction. If you have a spare EQ elbow & your connection is 18mm.......

onOFd.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
No way...
You replaced the eq with a log...
Iv heard alot about logs, have been curious for a while...

Can it give you that punch in the face delivery as the eq does.???

Do you think it is better than the eq???

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Yeah @Stevenski, what's up with that bro?

Trying to lower your usage and finding it hard when you EQ is out and taunting you?

A bit of both mate. My consumption was getting rather high & I had the EQ working so well at 230c :science: I was ripping monster single hit extractions but have been burning up too much weed too easily (1.5-2g a night). The EQ was really my weekend warrior & still can be under the right circumstances especially north of 220c.

I was due a present for myself & it was between a Evo or a log & I like the idea of a back to basics vape. Like so many good ideas it started out as a "cheap holiday log" but ended up a bit different as per my sig.

Top Bottom