The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Actually that is part of my remaining Commodore inventory from our brick and morter store that we operated for 16 years, I still have perhaps a 100 disk drives, although most need alignment.
I also have a massive amount of Commodore stuff in my own collection and hope to get it all going again someday.
My EQ is the newer version, but is still over five years old at this point.
100! There is a few small programming groups and clubs out there that are still going. If you get a case of Commodore fever.
Well time to make a nasal cannula hose setup and play 2014 Wolfenstein. ;) Glad I checked out this vid before trying this mad scientist experiment below.:science:......:freak:

stressed

Hehe, one more try, I only experimentet with bags that day's.
This evening i'll try the whip.

But my Question : After first Bag/whip, should i let the Q on and let it heat probably one hour till next session or should i turn off.

I mentioned, i have read something like this in another Forum. This guy heatet up, took a first session and the he dont turn down the power and let the Q on for Hours.
i hope you are enjoying your new toy.

i only use the bag on my Q. i bought the Q because i was tired of having sore throat and lungs from using a whip on my da buddha vape, i got tired of pushing the whip through a bong every time i wanted a toke and although i've used bongs a lot over the decades, i prefer not to use them these days.

try both the bag and the whip but don't let these guys convince you the bag sucks. it's just different. if you enjoy big bong like hits, the whip is the way to go.

i'm no light weight when it comes to getting high and i love using the bags. haven't had a sore throat since i got my Q a couple years ago. i had given up on vaping until i decided to try one more thing and that was a bag type vape!

my Q is on about 14 hours a day. every day.

if you have any questions about using the bag efficiently, let me know.

either way, enjoy the vaping!

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

i hope you are enjoying your new toy.

i only use the bag on my Q. i bought the Q because i was tired of having sore throat and lungs from using a whip on my da buddha vape, i got tired of pushing the whip through a bong every time i wanted a toke and although i've used bongs a lot over the decades, i prefer not to use them these days.

try both the bag and the whip but don't let these guys convince you the bag sucks. it's just different. if you enjoy big bong like hits, the whip is the way to go.

i'm no light weight when it comes to getting high and i love using the bags. haven't had a sore throat since i got my Q a couple years ago. i had given up on vaping until i decided to try one more thing and that was a bag type vape!

my Q is on about 14 hours a day. every day.

if you have any questions about using the bag efficiently, let me know.

either way, enjoy the vaping!

I absolutely adore my EQ for these reasons. The bag is terrific in a group setting, but it also really shines will alone. I hook a bag up to my d020-d, and just relax on the couch, it's lovely. The whip works alright with my d020, but I'm hoping that @DDave 's mod will help with those a lot.

stressed

I absolutely adore my EQ for these reasons. The bag is terrific in a group setting, but it also really shines will alone. I hook a bag up to my d020-d, and just relax on the couch, it's lovely. The whip works alright with my d020, but I'm hoping that @DDave 's mod will help with those a lot.
i started doing an experiment a couple days ago. i run the fan on low for 2 minutes and take the bag off. i then put another bag on and run it for a minute. i think every thing that is good is in the bag in 2 minutes. when i vape the other bag, there is very little if any vapor when i exhale.

out of curiosity, i'm going to run the fan for 2 minutes without a bag and catch the last 2 minutes in the bag (takes 4 minutes on low) and see if it gets me high. i'm thinking it will be so subtle i won't notice it.

at 2 minutes the vapor is a thicker and there is less warm, dry air to inhale. i only vape about .1 of a gram per bag at a time.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just posted this in the Ddave thread but it is kinda relevant for the EQ one too :)

So I received my DDave super premium kit in the post yesterday :D. The package was smaller than I thought it would be but it had all I needed to get me going. After unpacking & checking the contents I was impressed with DDave's tetris abilities to fit so much well packed product inside such a tiny box. I was disappointed to find the tip of the 14/18mm short adapter had a small crack in it :mad: (should not affect performance however) but then realized my math was wrong & I had two 18mm F/F shorties & lets be frank the 18mm shorty is what it is all about with this kit :nod: :2c:.

After washing the parts & setting it all up I can safely say the following on the initial set up

• The center screens are a bitch to get in the adapters & seem almost a mm to big. Good thing they rarely will need replacing & better to be a fraction bigger than smaller.
  • In particular the 14mm was a challenge but I found a good solution is to insert the 14mm W/T adapter reversed & that will guide the screen to slip into the channel that will hold it.
  • Be careful when fitting the 18mm baskets as they are very tight. I creased one of mine but found using the EQ stir stick (that I use for tamping baskets anyway) helps keep their shape when initially inserting the basket.
  • It is a one time deal as once the basket is fitted it will slip in & this is simply down to micron tolerances in glass thickness & basket size.
  • The parts appear well made & of good quality A+

Of course I proceeded to get down to business with the 18mm F/F shorty. Bear in mind I had a pretty good setup before this kit arrived but after a solid heat sinking at 230c we were ready to roll. I loaded a basket with .2 & ripped it through my bubbler in two good rips leaving it completely spent.

Now it was time to break out the biggest bong I own & the weather forecast was fucking cloudy but bring your sunnies cause no one wants to see those red eyes :cool:. I did a couple of .1 single hit extractions & was starting to feel pretty damm good :tup:. It is pretty cool watching the vapour stream up the tube, fill your bong & then taper off into nothing so you clear it.

I did a .14 single hit COMPLETE EXTRACTION & that is the first genuine vape cough I have had in quite some time. I will often cough to clear my throat after vaping but this was a classic "too much of a good thing" cough. One thing is for sure :rip: old FakeDave 18mm F/F as it will take a series of cataclysmic events to resurrect you buddy.

After way too many 18mm baskets through the shorty I decided to try the 14mm tall on 210c on the whip. I was pretty wrecked by this stage but I think this will be a flavour monster at low temps 180-195c to sip at (could this replace the Air at home?). Well the first 1.7g had been put through the new improved EQ & it was all pretty positive.

I decided on a low temp session this morning with the 18mm tall on 190c with the .3 I had ground from yesterday. It was nice & I am feeling pretty "airy" as I type this long winded review. However it was wasted thorough water due to the flavour being largely stripped. What was thee tells me very very good things about the 18mm tall.

In summary on each piece of the DDave Deluxe kit bearing in mind I use between 1-2g a day so would consider myself a heavy user.

• 18mm short: A fucking beast & will be my go to weapon of hi temp mass destruction. Seriously this thing is a conversion tool pure & simple.
  • 18mm long: Will be my whip warrior & may be just what I need to go back to using my EQ without water. Light & airy just like the high ;).
  • 14mm short: Have not tried yet & is simply too small for my needs right now. However with a low tolerance I can see this will do what the 18mm cannon does just make a slightly smaller hole in your head but it is all relative.
  • 14mm long: Very nice but I definitely prefer the 18mm for capacity sake as it only holds around .1-.15. Again perfect for a low tolerance single party vaper.

One area that is annoying is the fact that there is only one roasting tube per size supplied. I only realized this when I vaped that .3 & recognized the need to be able to change whips out easily as I prefer a shorter whip for water & a longer one for direct draw.

There are several beer/brewery suppliers in my city so I will investigate getting the correct sizes of silicone tubing to experiment. Right now I am thinking about using the EQ whip mouthpiece as a joiner & cutting the top of the reinforcing silicone & inner piece flush, having the mouthpiece acting as a male joint. Then I can slip on either my bong whip or my direct draw whip very easily. I am a little annoyed I gave away a spare EQ mouthpiece when I made a mini whip for my friend to use with the FM.

Of course not everyone wants two but it may be an idea for the future DDave to offer the SSV/DBV as an optional extra? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-D...022187?hash=item1c5e68f96b:g:k38AAOSwIwhWSl9i Then again I did not know I wanted a spare until I found out I wanted a spare. In short if you are getting a kit & want to easily switch between whip & water then you need spare tubes or a quick change coupling :science:.

The reason my kit was delayed was because DDave kindly sourced me a carbed 18mm adapter. For the EQ task it does not have the ability to allow enough airflow to clear a piece as you are still pulling 50/50 with the vape. However it works very well with my Air & bubbler so all is not lost (if you plan on getting any more made up DDave I suggest a hole the size of the 14mm adapter diameter). For this task I will get an 18mm claisen & whilst the vendor does not sell plugs I have a bunch of spare 18mm bowls that are unused & could easily be plugged up for service :brow:.

Overall I can only recommend the DDave kit & any criticisms I have of it are my opinion. Will it make me keep my EQ forever? Probably not but it makes a great vape legendary & I am not in a hurry to "upgrade" as I only used my Air yesterday to check out the carbed adapter. This review has taken me 90 minutes to type & for shits & giggles I bumped the temp on my .3 bowl from 190-198c after not touching the vape for at least 45 minutes. I still got a wispy hit through water with a spent bowl!

27YU8Cwl.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I just posted this in the Ddave thread but it is kinda relevant for the EQ one too :)

So I received my DDave super premium kit in the post yesterday :D. The package was smaller than I thought it would be but it had all I needed to get me going. After unpacking & checking the contents I was impressed with DDave's tetris abilities to fit so much well packed product inside such a tiny box. I was disappointed to find the tip of the 14/18mm short adapter had a small crack in it :mad: (should not affect performance however) but then realized my math was wrong & I had two 18mm F/F shorties & lets be frank the 18mm shorty is what it is all about with this kit :nod: :2c:.

After washing the parts & setting it all up I can safely say the following on the initial set up

• The center screens are a bitch to get in the adapters & seem almost a mm to big. Good thing they rarely will need replacing & better to be a fraction bigger than smaller.
  • In particular the 14mm was a challenge but I found a good solution is to insert the 14mm W/T adapter reversed & that will guide the screen to slip into the channel that will hold it.
  • Be careful when fitting the 18mm baskets as they are very tight. I creased one of mine but found using the EQ stir stick (that I use for tamping baskets anyway) helps keep their shape when initially inserting the basket.
  • It is a one time deal as once the basket is fitted it will slip in & this is simply down to micron tolerances in glass thickness & basket size.
  • The parts appear well made & of good quality A+

Of course I proceeded to get down to business with the 18mm F/F shorty. Bear in mind I had a pretty good setup before this kit arrived but after a solid heat sinking at 230c we were ready to roll. I loaded a basket with .2 & ripped it through my bubbler in two good rips leaving it completely spent.

Now it was time to break out the biggest bong I own & the weather forecast was fucking cloudy but bring your sunnies cause no one wants to see those red eyes :cool:. I did a couple of .1 single hit extractions & was starting to feel pretty damm good :tup:. It is pretty cool watching the vapour stream up the tube, fill your bong & then taper off into nothing so you clear it.

I did a .14 single hit COMPLETE EXTRACTION & that is the first genuine vape cough I have had in quite some time. I will often cough to clear my throat after vaping but this was a classic "too much of a good thing" cough. One thing is for sure :rip: old FakeDave 18mm F/F as it will take a series of cataclysmic events to resurrect you buddy.

After way too many 18mm baskets through the shorty I decided to try the 14mm tall on 210c on the whip. I was pretty wrecked by this stage but I think this will be a flavour monster at low temps 180-195c to sip at (could this replace the Air at home?). Well the first 1.7g had been put through the new improved EQ & it was all pretty positive.

I decided on a low temp session this morning with the 18mm tall on 190c with the .3 I had ground from yesterday. It was nice & I am feeling pretty "airy" as I type this long winded review. However it was wasted thorough water due to the flavour being largely stripped. What was thee tells me very very good things about the 18mm tall.

In summary on each piece of the DDave Deluxe kit bearing in mind I use between 1-2g a day so would consider myself a heavy user.

• 18mm short: A fucking beast & will be my go to weapon of hi temp mass destruction. Seriously this thing is a conversion tool pure & simple.
  • 18mm long: Will be my whip warrior & may be just what I need to go back to using my EQ without water. Light & airy just like the high ;).
  • 14mm short: Have not tried yet & is simply too small for my needs right now. However with a low tolerance I can see this will do what the 18mm cannon does just make a slightly smaller hole in your head but it is all relative.
  • 14mm long: Very nice but I definitely prefer the 18mm for capacity sake as it only holds around .1-.15. Again perfect for a low tolerance single party vaper.

One area that is annoying is the fact that there is only one roasting tube per size supplied. I only realized this when I vaped that .3 & recognized the need to be able to change whips out easily as I prefer a shorter whip for water & a longer one for direct draw.

There are several beer/brewery suppliers in my city so I will investigate getting the correct sizes of silicone tubing to experiment. Right now I am thinking about using the EQ whip mouthpiece as a joiner & cutting the top of the reinforcing silicone & inner piece flush, having the mouthpiece acting as a male joint. Then I can slip on either my bong whip or my direct draw whip very easily. I am a little annoyed I gave away a spare EQ mouthpiece when I made a mini whip for my friend to use with the FM.

Of course not everyone wants two but it may be an idea for the future DDave to offer the SSV/DBV as an optional extra? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-D...022187?hash=item1c5e68f96b:g:k38AAOSwIwhWSl9i Then again I did not know I wanted a spare until I found out I wanted a spare. In short if you are getting a kit & want to easily switch between whip & water then you need spare tubes or a quick change coupling :science:.

The reason my kit was delayed was because DDave kindly sourced me a carbed 18mm adapter. For the EQ task it does not have the ability to allow enough airflow to clear a piece as you are still pulling 50/50 with the vape. However it works very well with my Air & bubbler so all is not lost (if you plan on getting any more made up DDave I suggest a hole the size of the 14mm adapter diameter). For this task I will get an 18mm claisen & whilst the vendor does not sell plugs I have a bunch of spare 18mm bowls that are unused & could easily be plugged up for service :brow:.

Overall I can only recommend the DDave kit & any criticisms I have of it are my opinion. Will it make me keep my EQ forever? Probably not but it makes a great vape legendary & I am not in a hurry to "upgrade" as I only used my Air yesterday to check out the carbed adapter. This review has taken me 90 minutes to type & for shits & giggles I bumped the temp on my .3 bowl from 190-198c after not touching the vape for at least 45 minutes. I still got a wispy hit through water with a spent bowl!

27YU8Cwl.jpg
@Stevenski

Killer review! More props on link below in response in mod thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...zer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/page-12#post-902278

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
One of the best mods to do is to make the whip a quick change one so you can switch between a water pipe & whip @throwawaytre3s . It makes life a whole lot easier when you want to change things up. The final mod for the EQ will probably be to find a cover like a hookah hose to go over the silicone whips & team it with a 18mm claisen. I will run it through my 35cm tube with a UFO perc as that bong has the perfect size & filtration for the EQ at temp. I can picture it now & I am liking what I can see :rockon:

draakjeszijnlief

Hi guys, so i am just being indecisive between getting an Arizer Q or a Vapirrise.
Mainly because the Arizer cant do liquids. But i dont really want to use it for liquids.
I want to use it with frankincense resin. This melts slowly into like a thick glue.
(its not really glue ofc!) It wont become completely liquid.
But very sticky for sure. So i was wondering do you guys think i can lay some aluminum foil on the bottom of the glass piece where you put your herbs and then lay some frankincense on top of the aluminum foil? That way it hopefully wont come in contact with the glass piece
(pretty sure it will never be clean again, since its resin) and it cant leak down into the Arizer itself.
The thing is, i vape weed every night, but i really wanne experiment with both frankincense and myrrh. (and probably more weird resin stuff later on)
Do you think its doable with the Arizer? Or should i just play safe and get a Vapir?
(The plenty would be perfect, only the temperature starts way too high, so i cant use it..)

stressed

i was reading another thread and ran into this -
the zeus iceborn.

it cools the hot air using ice. only $70.00. check it out!

http://vapesterdam.com/review/zeus-iceborn-review/

Welcome to our review of the Iceborn by ZEUSArsenal, the Canadian manufacturer of theSmite vaporizer. This is an exciting new vaporizer accessory that was just released, so if you haven’t heard of it, prepare to be intrigued. The basic premise is that the Iceborn upgrades your unit and allows your vapor to be ice-filtered before reaching your lungs, giving a nice boost to the overall vapor quality that your unit can put out. And no, you don’t have to have a ZEUS vaporizer for this to work, it actually works with a surprising amount of different vapes.

Basically, the Iceborn can work with any unit that is capable of having a whip attached to its mouthpiece. Using it is conveniently simple as well: all you have to do is fill it with water to a pre-marked line, pop it in your freezer, then connect it to your vape with the provided tubing once the water is frozen. A separate whip with mouthpiece comes out of the Iceborn, and you use that to take draws of vapor like normal.

All this serves to significantly cool down the vapor that your unit puts out. This means no more irritatingly hot vapor, which is the number one complaint of vaporizer users according to a survey, but it also means that you’ll be able to take deeper and longer draws, providing more vapor and bigger clouds

Product Pros

1. Delivers cool, refreshing vapor
  2. Upgrades overall vapor quality of your vaporizer
  3. Works with many different units
  4. Very easy to use
  5. More efficient than using a bong
  6. Allows bigger vapor clouds
Product Cons

1. A bit of an investment
Iceborn : Breakdown

Quality

build-quality-icon.png

Build Quality
ZEUSArsenal spent years working on the design of the Iceborn, and that commitment to quality shows. The main chamber and the lid are made of food and dishwasher safe plastic, while the internal stems are 100% aluminum. The rest of the parts (whips, washers, etc…) are all food-grade silicon. The real thing to note here though is the design quality. Water filtration (especially ice water) is not ideal because as vapor passes through the water, the vaporized oils cool down and some percentage of them inevitably change state and are left behind in the water. The ZEUSIceborn only cools down the air, meaning there is no extra medium for the oils to pass through and get filtered out. If you didn’t follow that explanation, the point is that with the Iceborn’s design, you get better quality vapor not only due to the temperature but also thanks to the overall strength of the vapor delivered to your lungs. In short, it’s much more efficient than using abong.

vapor-quality-icon.png

Vapor Quality
The magic of the Iceborn is that it will improve the vapor quality of any vaporizer you can use it with, no matter how good the vapor is to begin with. The conception for this device came from a survey of vaporizer users who voiced their number one complaint/pet peeve as irritatingly hot vapor. From anecdotal evidence, this seems to hold up when looking at forums and reviews. The cooler the vapor, the more pleasant the experience and you can’t go wrong with ice-filtered vapor.

How much this helps will likely depend on how much you have a problem with your vapor temperature, but in general the ZEUS Iceborn will always cool down your vapor to a frosty level, giving it better flavor and allowing you to take longer and deeper draws thanks to the increased smoothness. You’ll likely find yourself enjoying your vapor much more, coughing a lot less and blowing massive clouds.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
See this is my issue with cooling vapour..... that some will condense, and you will lose actives....
I'd be interested to know exactly how it gets around this... I'm skeptical..
Where was the price????

stressed

See this is my issue with cooling vapour..... that some will condense, and you will lose actives....
I'd be interested to know exactly how it gets around this... I'm skeptical..
Where was the price????
it's about $70.00.

here's a video of it.
http://torontovaporizer.ca/zeus-accessory/zeus-iceborn.html

here's a seller -
http://vaporizera.com/zeus-iceborn.html

it sounds perfect for me. the heat using a whip destroys my throat. i don't like using bongs anymore and this seems like a great solution.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't have an issue with heat, the irritation I get is from thc.

I can pull on my eq whip at 220 (empty), indefinitely, without irritation.

But put a 1/3rd of a basket in the wand and pull for 10 secs and it's irritating.

But I don't mind, I like to feel breathless after I exhale. I like the ticklyness.

Surely this means that heat is no issue for me, and this would be a waste of my money... correct???

stressed

I don't have an issue with heat, the irritation I get is from thc.

I can pull on my eq whip at 220 (empty), indefinitely, without irritation.

But put a 1/3rd of a basket in the wand and pull for 10 secs and it's irritating.

But I don't mind, I like to feel breathless after I exhale. I like the ticklyness.

Surely this means that heat is no issue for me, and this would be a waste of my money... correct???
yep! if the heat doesn't get you, i don't see a need for it. i vape all day long and the sore throat and lungs were a drag. i only use a bag now but i'd use a whip too with this toy. :)

ahh to have young lungs again!

Last edited:

ginolicious

I vaped out of one of these for the first time last night. I'm a little indecisive of it in comparison to my Vapir Rise. I feel I was getting thicker vapor and more flavor from the Rise oppose to the EQ. 3 fan settings I was also unimpressed with.

throwawaytre3s

So the iceborn essentially looks like a more expensive MFLB ufo? I can throw some ice and water into a glass from my cupboard and use that instead, for about $50 less!

edit: hell, the iceborn doesn't use water filtration. So forget the water, you could just throw some ice in a cup and get the same effect.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm getting my EQ heat setup to work that much more efficient at 200c latley. Now for a solution to cool down that doesn't filter so much.

Neat idea, But at first, I first thought the Zeus was en electrical device that kept itself cold. And then I thought 'maybe worth $70.00'. Then I read further. :suspicious: You clean a bunch of parts and reassemble them and throw it all in the freezer. Well, sheesh I could throw a jelly jar in the freezer and have the glass equivalent. :D Oh, that gives me some ideas. Will look into more thick cold resistant glass options in the future.:science:

Admittingly it has a wide area with aluminum tubes to absorb the cold, and will probably form a large ice block that would take a while to melt and refreeze.
Like the idea behind it.

Hi guys, so i am just being indecisive between getting an Arizer Q or a Vapirrise.
Mainly because the Arizer cant do liquids. But i dont really want to use it for liquids.
I want to use it with frankincense resin. This melts slowly into like a thick glue.
(its not really glue ofc!) It wont become completely liquid.
But very sticky for sure. So i was wondering do you guys think i can lay some aluminum foil on the bottom of the glass piece where you put your herbs and then lay some frankincense on top of the aluminum foil? That way it hopefully wont come in contact with the glass piece
(pretty sure it will never be clean again, since its resin) and it cant leak down into the Arizer itself.
The thing is, i vape weed every night, but i really wanne experiment with both frankincense and myrrh. (and probably more weird resin stuff later on)
Do you think its doable with the Arizer? Or should i just play safe and get a Vapir?
(The plenty would be perfect, only the temperature starts way too high, so i cant use it..)
Can the Vapir even do what you are suggesting? I don't honestly know, but I thought it was a straight up dry vape.
I've never tried or recommending this. but some have uses stainless steel pads like the ones S&B make. Aluminum foil had a lower melt rate. So not recommending that.

Still don't know the direct answer to your question. But The Arizer is more versatile in nearly all categories compared to the Vapir I think. Universal parts, 18mm adapter. Older company. Longer warranty, etc. Some smart FCer's has worked out a solution for the EQ on this thread and posted. Just can't place the places here that I've read on that.:hmm:
The EQ can go at those lower temps if you plan on vaping other herbs. Since you already plan on trying other things. Plus there is a kit that designed by @DDave with specially sourced parts that make the EQ run on all cylinders with a wide amount of vape options for the uninitiated. Why settle for less?

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: DDave

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So the iceborn essentially looks like a more expensive MFLB ufo? I can throw some ice and water into a glass from my cupboard and use that instead, for about $50 less!

edit: hell, the iceborn doesn't use water filtration. So forget the water, you could just throw some ice in a cup and get the same effect.

Better yet use the small sealed ice cubes you can get at a homewares store so there is no liquid or you could try some gel ice packs from a first aid kit. You could use a 500ml mason jar, a stem & a whip to create a home made version of the Icborn.

I suspect the 5 metal tubes get extremely cold & the vapor path is significantly longer than you would suspect (like the Sidekick spiral). Then again it is as cheap as a head shop bong.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I went shopping for some MacGyver supplies for the EQ this morning. After a little bit of fiddling around I believe the EQ is now at a state where it needs to be :science:. The only thing left to do is order more whip tubing, a 18mm claisen & a 18/18mm downstem to suit my UFO tube & this sucka will be absolutely perfect (those are all not necessary though).

M2ysLNll.jpg

This last week has been when the EQ has really come together for me & this whip cover really makes an enormous difference for a total of $12. Say goodbye to seeing sticky, icky silicone whips that attract every particle known to mankind. It is next to impossible to kink the hose as well now & I am really pleased with how this has turned out :).

When I received my DDave kit I realized I would need a quick change whip for my setup as the kit comes with 1 x 18mm roasting tube but I use 2 whip lengths for water & direct. On the good news front the stock EQ mouthpiece fits the DDave whip well so I got a razor & cut both lengths of tubing so they were flush with each other. I then inserted the EQ mouthpiece 1/2 way to make a "male" joint you could mate with the whip end. That way you can switch out the short & long whip very easily & with parts you will all hopefully have lying around.

There was a thread created that listed what I was considering already for the whip cover & that just confirmed my initial thoughts. I took a piece of whip into the shop & you need the 13mm or 1/2" one. Then you just cut it to length & wrap it around the whip. The problem lies with the cut & fraying ends. I tried a few different methods & the following all worked well but the final method looks the best.

I tried whip tube but it was not going to happen any time soon so I needed something else. I used very thin cable ties, black gaffe/cloth tape & they worked extremely well alone & together. What worked the most neatly though was some a $2 pack of velcro cable ties. Unfortunately they came in multicolours when I would have preferred only black but it does make a neat finish that can be used over & over as you replace whips :rockon:.

For my American brothers & sisters you can get it from Amazon here

http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Expandab...bxgy_60_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=13QFW8VHKSR7H8XJNTF7

Aussies order here

http://www.jaycar.com.au/PRODUCTS/Wire,-Cable-&-Accessories/Cable-Accessories/Loom-Tubes/Self-closing-Braided-Wire-Wrap---13mm-x-2m/p/WH5634

Well after such a long winded quality post I think I deserve a basket or two :lol:

Last edited:

tomshreds

Hi all,

I'm about to pick between a Volcano or the Extreme Q. I've used a Pax, a Solo and I'm now using a glass bong because of how I hated cleaning the Pax. I stopped using the Solo because after having 3 of them broke on a span of 6 months I just gave up which is why I'm hesitant to order Arizer products once again. Though they did a wonderful job at fulfilling their guarantee.

Now here's a few questions for FC members and EQ users:

1 - Heard much stories about broken EQs? Does it happen often? Is it fully reliable? I don't really care about the price at this point to be honest so I just want the damn thing to work.

2 - How is the maintenance process? Do you have to clean the EQ often? Is it hard to clean? I remember cleaning my Solo was pretty straight forward, cleaning the PAX though was an horror and cleaning my water bong every damn weeks (I smoke about an ounce a week with my gf so it gets dirty quick / I clean the water often though lol)

3 - Potency wise how is it compared to the Volcano? All I seem to read is "EQ is very cool but nothing compared to the Volcano potency-wise". My tolerance is pretty high which is why this point is important to me. I think the Volcano is very cool but I don't know how I would feel about only having balloons, I like the idea of having both.

BONUS QUESTION (edit): Is there any quirks like with the Solo sometimes it got loose and air got in so the intake was less product and more air, or anything I should know before buying one?

That's all for the moment, I saw a pretty cool deal on TorontoVaporizer at 179 CAD$ (I'm Canadian) so if I get good feedback I might as well jump in! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
tomshreds,

throwawaytre3s

Hi all,

I'm about to pick between a Volcano or the Extreme Q. I've used a Pax, a Solo and I'm now using a glass bong because of how I hated cleaning the Pax. I stopped using the Solo because after having 3 of them broke on a span of 6 months I just gave up which is why I'm hesitant to order Arizer products once again. Though they did a wonderful job at fulfilling their guarantee.

Now here's a few questions for FC members and EQ users:

1 - Heard much stories about broken EQs? Does it happen often? Is it fully reliable? I don't really care about the price at this point to be honest so I just want the damn thing to work.

2 - How is the maintenance process? Do you have to clean the EQ often? Is it hard to clean? I remember cleaning my Solo was pretty straight forward, cleaning the PAX though was an horror and cleaning my water bong every damn weeks (I smoke about an ounce a week with my gf so it gets dirty quick / I clean the water often though lol)

3 - Potency wise how is it compared to the Volcano? All I seem to read is "EQ is very cool but nothing compared to the Volcano potency-wise". My tolerance is pretty high which is why this point is important to me. I think the Volcano is very cool but I don't know how I would feel about only having balloons, I like the idea of having both.

BONUS QUESTION (edit): Is there any quirks like with the Solo sometimes it got loose and air got in so the intake was less product and more air, or anything I should know before buying one?

That's all for the moment, I saw a pretty cool deal on TorontoVaporizer at 179 CAD$ (I'm Canadian) so if I get good feedback I might as well jump in! :D

Thanks!

1.) I've heard some people have had theirs 8 years and had no issues. They're really easy to take care of, there's isn't much maintenance, maybe shake it out a bit sometimes, and cleaning the elbow screens. So there's number 2, too.

3.) Vapor is vapor is vapor is vapor man, a particular vaporizer won't make it more potent. It'll be differently efficient, unevenly vaping it, no extracting all the cannabinoids. The EQ may not be as efficient as the volcano, but it'll still get you wrecked.

edit: Also, I absolutely love mine.

tomshreds

Thanks for your fast answer! I'm glad to hear they're reliable.

About my "potency" question, what I really meant was "efficiency" like you said. I heard that you can take herb vaped with an EQ and put it in a Volcano and pull out vapor out of it again. To me it sounded like total BS but it still made me wonder about the device's efficiency.

So far everything I read or hear is total positives, so I'm pretty sure I'll order it tonight! Thanks again!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I am astounded at the failure rate you have achieved with the Solo Tommy :o. I have owned a EQ for a few years & it is a great vape for what it is (a relatively inexpensive powerhouse that is hugely versatile).

EQ's don't seem to have a high failure rate that I have heard of. I tend to hear more how XYZ's EQ survived another beating administered. Sure they break but most of the time it is a glass component that is replaceable. Some people have gotten 5+ years with 12+ hours a day run times.

Maintenance is very straight forward. Can you get a small squat 200-300ml glass jar & 3/4 fill it with Iso? Congratulations you now have a maintenance regime for the EQ. I tend to clean my glass once a week & soak my baskets overnight in Iso. I suggest you get a @DDave 18mm kit as if you as going to be vaping at least a 1/2 a week you should swap out your glass once a day in Iso. Cheaper, better & you get much more for your money.

Can't comment on it vs the Volcano except to say the Volcano destroys the EQ when it comes to bags. However if you are smoking an Oz a week you must be bonging & the EQ hooks up to an 18mm F joint out of the box. Crank the temp, rip some hot temp vapour through water & forget about the Volcano :2c:

There are a million quirks to the EQ but it does a great job & the 18mm connectivity means you can customize the EQ to suit what you want.

Jump on that deal then hop on Ebay & get a DDave 18mm kit & if you can afford it get a Ddave DBV kit sinc e you are such a heavy user. If you act fast you will get a bonus water pipe adapter as well as all the spare glass you will need for some time :rockon:.

Top Bottom