The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
I've been attempting this but I can't get the screens to stay in place at all.

I know what you mean!
I find two tubes, one about the ID of the stem and then one slightly bigger.
Place screen over larger bore tube and centre smaller one and press down. Sometimes a bit of hammer time is required, depending on screen thickness!
This makes them slightly larger than the bore and allows me to slide them around and stay put.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I seem to be really loving my EQ right now & it is getting me pretty fucking baked right now in fact :sherlock:. It has migrated to daily use this week & works best well with a waterpipe.

I have one glass elbow left & between elbows & elbow screens I seem to have spend over 50% of what I spent on the EQ on replacement parts the last few years. Two weeks ago I had 3 glass elbows :shrug: & they are just too thin.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I agree, the elbows are poorly constructed. They need to make a tuff elbow. Or buy the ddave kit and kiss goodbye to the elbow.

Having serious thoughts on the deluxe DDave setup & should just pull the trigger. I have a 18mm F/F that I use & that works well once heated up so I have not been motivated to step it up with the full kit. It does seem to offer that extra kick in the melon I am after though :science:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I just decided to load my after work vape as usual. In the short ddave adapter. I decided to be greedy and massively over pack it. A good half way up the white bit.
Then put the wand in, which packs it down. Then leave for 2 mins. Then start on 190.

This works really well for me. It's like a bigelbow pack. Huge clouds. And I am on hit 5 and there is plenty left.

Iv basicly solved my problem of wanting more room in the adapter. This is my new favourite setup. I get the best of both worlds. Long hard hitting sessions.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Having serious thoughts on the deluxe DDave setup & should just pull the trigger. I have a 18mm F/F that I use & that works well once heated up so I have not been motivated to step it up with the full kit. It does seem to offer that extra kick in the melon I am after though :science:
I've broken 3 EQ elbows over time and eventually went corner-less with the full DDave mod kit. Also don't have the restriction issues like when using an elbow. The screens and tip hats are better behaved with the wands that come with the full kit. Plus I can get better results with lower temps. There is other reasons for getting the full kit, that I have commented here at FC. At the very least, It beats buying replacements for those broken EQ elbows. :haw: I still am able to use the one elbow that I haven't broken with other setups though.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Having serious thoughts on the deluxe DDave setup & should just pull the trigger.
Think no more, just buy it! You will be glad you did!! I am!

I still am able to use the one elbow that I haven't broken with other setups though.
I still have one left too. I use it on the water pipe end, but prefer using a fatty SSV wand for maximum airflow. A second Ddave wand would also do this.

I recently found another use for the Ddave Mini Wand. Go here if you want to see.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have had this thread open for for 90 minutes & have completely forgotten what I was going to post about :doh:. The EQ seems to have gotten me extra medicated from a single elbow tonight. Mreso than I have been all week & that is from 4-5 elbows a night.

Time to crank it up & have a kief sandwich for a sleeper but fuck me less is very much more tonight. Good thing I did not go down an edibles path tonight :rockon:

I just realized how many times I used tonightin this post.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It's all in the mind. Have you ever needed to be sober for something like seeing grandparents or going to court. And you think I'll jus have a little bit. Won't do anything. Then you get higher than you have ever been before. Shit faced.
And the time when you only have a small amount left and need it to really work. And it doesn't.
The brain is very powerful.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Anyone ever think about trying a female to male cyclone bowl. Kinda to mimic the EVO.

I'd be interested in using the nail kit the EVO has but they do look pretty long. You could put a S&B pad in the male end though, I don't know worth a shot if anyone has the pieces lying around.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Anyone ever think about trying a female to male cyclone bowl. Kinda to mimic the EVO.

I'd be interested in using the nail kit the EVO has but they do look pretty long. You could put a S&B pad in the male end though, I don't know worth a shot if anyone has the pieces lying around.
I have a short 18mm F/M that I tested while creating the mod kits I offer. With herbs, never got as complete an extraction as with the f/f adapters. With concentrates, always lost too much to 'splatter' that stuck to various parts of the adapter, elbow, or wand.

Individual results may vary. ;)

Edit to correct some pretty lousy spelling! :freak:

Last edited:

Cemmos

It's all in the mind. Have you ever needed to be sober for something like seeing grandparents or going to court. And you think I'll jus have a little bit. Won't do anything. Then you get higher than you have ever been before. Shit faced.
And the time when you only have a small amount left and need it to really work. And it doesn't.
The brain is very powerful.
Exaaaaactly. And I hate this! I can have one good rip and go out and feel pretty darn high. I consider my tolerance fairly high (all day vaper, only take t-breaks if I run out of product), so if I vape in my house, it takes me about two good bowls (sessions) to feel the way I want. But if I go out, I hardly need any.

I think changing my environment really makes me feel the effects a lot more. Doing the same thing day in and day out makes me way too used to how it feels to be high in front of a computer. I wish I had the willpower to do a t-break while I still have cannabis. Miss that feeling of being blasted from literally one hit.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
You don't need a tea break, it can all be done with tolerance. Iv not had a t break in 15 years, I'm an everyday vaper too. Only recently I was an every day smoker. Just gotta use a bit less everyday till you get to where you wanna be.
I can get my tolerance so low that it becomes unpleasant. You need a certain amount of tolerance to enjoy it i think.

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
zOUVur8.jpg

Seriously though...the Q with that 72 hour T-Brake method works wonders. Especially with daily vapers/tokers.

TommydCat

I'll just leave this here as I just happened to be playing around today:

Grav Labs from Massdrop, ELB from PiU, inline 18mm extension from LHS, EQ from Canadia..
IMG_20151017_1700481.jpg

Assembled:
IMG_20151017_1701101.jpg

If I leave it low on water and put the fan on three, it'll blow bubbles for a small bit :)

dusdat

Im looking for a good bubbler for my EQ.
Many nice bongs available online,
what do you guys think is a good glass bong for the EQ?

What does perch bubbler & oil bubbler mean? Is it better not to use these bongs for the EQ?

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
After three years with the Q (we only got serious 6 months ago it was a casual hook up option previously) I still have that mentality of having to finish an elbow in one sitting at a minimum. It is always a full elbow & usually multiple ones back to back. This results in severe stoneage & try as I might I cannot limit myself to even a couple of rips :shrug:.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I know the feeling. When I combusted it was a sin to not finish a joint. When I started vaping I felt obliged to finish whatever bowl or elbow I was vaping. Iv since realised this is unnecessary. I just have a couple of rips on it till maybe 200/210, then dump for later. Not having the extra 6 rips and vaping it all the way really helps tolerance. So end up getting just as high from less. This is only on my after work vape. When it gets to 9 o'clock and kids are in bed, I will sit down and vape an adapter from start to finish, 180-220. Takes about half hour. Then I get sleepy caus I vaped at the high temp at the end.

I found if I finish the first bowl of the day all in one now, it will put me on my arse too early. I just want the energy early on in the night. By vaping all the way at once you may be missing out on part of the joy of vaping by being able to select the compounds you wish to inhale.

If you really need to vape lots then vape multiple bowls at low temp the dump. Then later on in night revape at higher temp.

Have you stopped smoking completely?
Maybe you are still looking for that smoking high.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
First time with my water setup. Found a locally made, small glass 'honey collector'/glass nail water pipe at one of the local glass stores. Small 14mm straight tube. The mouthpiece is a large 3 inch wide throat with thicker glass extending from the 'jar' portion of the glass piece. Even the outside of the piece has brown drips of glass placed on the outside of the jar. Which not only is artistic but really helps with function, because I can easily hold it with one hand. The stem end that is going into the water, is all open but with a flange end to it. This is a chugger when you pull off it, depending on water level.
This piece is so basic in all areas, that I can run the fan on the EQ and form bubbles easily on F2 and F3. Can stick a balloon in the mouthpiece end and can kind of fill it. Water filtered vapor filling up a balloon. That is what CFRLB us up to for now.

Was a solid piece for an entire day. But I broke the 14mm stem when it hit the floor.:doh: I was trying too many new things/contortions with the whip hose and you guessed the rest.:cry: But with some silicone tubing magic and an 18mm female end from a broken EQ elbow, and with an additional zip tie for support, I was up and running again. Still liked the integrity of a single glass piece, but now I can be a little more flexible with picking it up and setting it down. More wobble friendly.
Agu8145.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom