The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I used bags for the first week of vaping. But haven't used one since. Does the vapour not go a bit stale in the bag?
If you have much warmer vaper going into the bag more often that seems to be a thing over time with the stock EQ bags. I used to try to clean and reuse bags up to a point. So yes, it's good to dispose after a while. The stock bags can also form pinholes too. Depends how you treat them/store them too I 'm guessing? I'll ponder that.

Having used the stock EQ bags, they do seem to leach or get funny over time, but Arizer is coming up with newer bag kit options too. They may have changed their tubing with the newer models. So I read in this thread earlier.
But now I might use a rolling pin for reclaim next time out, just before throwing out one of the newer type of bags That I'm now using ? :hmm:

Do like the 'VapeBags' brand of bags from Puffitup.com so far. Cheapest place anywhere with the FC discount.
The 'Vapebags' bags are tapered more that the stock EQ bags. Thicker and clearer to. Better at filling up with that extra edge around the bag.
But found my main source. Been happy with their delivery before too.:tup:
With my current setup I go 185C -195C with less than half of a tip screen gently packed. The length between the EQ and the bag and the PVC too the center of inside of the bag is enough of a cooling path for me.

The Vape bags are different from stock or replacement EQ bags and so far I'm liking them. Plus they are cheap enough for a 5 pack ($8.99--> then after FC discount and free US shipping. ;) $7.64) and behave well with my method (the length of internal hose going inside the bag.etc)

Last edited:

biohacker

They may have changed their tubing with the newer models. So I read in this thread earlier.

Yep, brand new EQ....latest stock....noticed some changes over past EQ's and the tubing is definitely one of them. It's not the same stock PVC as in the past - it has no text printed on it, and feels "different" than the stock PVC as well as different from my med grade silicone. The bag filling adapter is now ALL GLASS...you do not get the 2nd elbow included anymore, but rather an elbow-hybrid with the mini gong for the glass bag connection. No more tubing for bag blowing!

Other differences i've noticed include the digital display...acts differently, it's always trying to accurately mark the temp, but I frequently see like 199c instead of the 200c it is set to. I can "hear" the heater through the power adapter brick when it's heating up, and then goes silent when at temp. Hmmmm, what else...i think i mentioned before that the fan sounds more refined/quieter but that could just be my perception. Other than that, I think i've hit it all....except for the biggest thing to impress me in this release - ZERO funky robot fart smell! Other than the initial burn off night, I have not detected a single odour of solder or plastic like I did in my previous EQ (it was brand new, but very old stock).

I've been quiet lately but at this point have dialed my vape kit to exclusively an EQ and Solo! However, I can't stop thinking of the Herbalaire (Elite), and somehow feel that it would be a great compliment or even possible replacement for the EQ? Does anyone have experiences with BOTH the EQ and HA and could offer some feedback on the differences, etc?

I am having AMAZING success doing elbow packs at 200-210 with a water tool using a 14mm downstem and the tubing sticks in like a glove without any adapter needed! It's been a bit of a love/hate relationship like i've had with most of my vapes but now it's all love baby! :rockon:

TomC1315

Yep, brand new EQ.... The bag filling adapter is now ALL GLASS...you do not get the 2nd elbow included anymore, but rather an elbow-hybrid with the mini gong for the glass bag connection. No more tubing for bag blowing!

Have you used the new all-glass mini whip for bags yet? If so, any first impressions?

TomC1315

Yes! It's awesome, would never go back. Honestly I don't know what else to say? It's fairly basic, plug and play mini gong.

all-glass-mini-whip-set.jpg

Thanks biohacker for the recommendation :-)

Ordered and awaiting ... in the meanwhile, I'm enjoying the DDave adapter I received earlier this week.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yep, brand new EQ....latest stock....noticed some changes over past EQ's and the tubing is definitely one of them. It's not the same stock PVC as in the past - it has no text printed on it, and feels "different" than the stock PVC as well as different from my med grade silicone. The bag filling adapter is now ALL GLASS...you do not get the 2nd elbow included anymore, but rather an elbow-hybrid with the mini gong for the glass bag connection. No more tubing for bag blowing!

Other differences i've noticed include the digital display...acts differently, it's always trying to accurately mark the temp, but I frequently see like 199c instead of the 200c it is set to. I can "hear" the heater through the power adapter brick when it's heating up, and then goes silent when at temp. Hmmmm, what else...i think i mentioned before that the fan sounds more refined/quieter but that could just be my perception. Other than that, I think i've hit it all....except for the biggest thing to impress me in this release - ZERO funky robot fart smell! Other than the initial burn off night, I have not detected a single odour of solder or plastic like I did in my previous EQ (it was brand new, but very old stock).

I've been quiet lately but at this point have dialed my vape kit to exclusively an EQ and Solo! However, I can't stop thinking of the Herbalaire (Elite), and somehow feel that it would be a great compliment or even possible replacement for the EQ? Does anyone have experiences with BOTH the EQ and HA and could offer some feedback on the differences, etc?

I am having AMAZING success doing elbow packs at 200-210 with a water tool using a 14mm downstem and the tubing sticks in like a glove without any adapter needed! It's been a bit of a love/hate relationship like i've had with most of my vapes but now it's all love baby! :rockon:
The thing I did not like was the external fan?
the Q is more compact.

biohacker

So I was doing some experimenting with an 18M2M and Elbow screen with the cyclone bowl using the EQ inverted. I definitely did not get an elbow pack experience! Even though the setup is identical to my usual elbow pack minus a 2ft whip, simply using it inverted did not help the experience. I found myself really having to CRANK up the temp, and even then only experienced the wispiest of clouds. After taking it off and sniffing inside the EQ, you could tell that it was smelling HOT and the heat was not escaping. Won't be doing anymore inverted EQ experiments.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Canada is great now!

When shira law takes over what happens to hockey?
Will the Q.still be made there?

Wait what's going on ? :tinfoil:

Aww man!!! I want. Ill post my new toys soon as well. But quick question... have you ever doubled on that beast?! (i see the cork, assuming that another whip can be fitted there for some combined hittage)

Awwwuh yis. :razz:

What's wild is the nano + lotus.

What's nut's its nano + nail.

What's nucking futs is nano&dabs + lotus&dabs.

FW8NHkv.jpg

gnel1011

Hi! I just got my new arizer extreme q a couple of days ago. i completely love it. I have been browsing through this thread and I notice a lot of talk of modifications that can be made (specifically the DDave mod?)...... can someone give me a brief summary of essential addons to the EQ? what is the DDave mod? Where can I get the mod?

Also - I noticed something different with the unit I recieved in that I could not find the "3" mini whip" that should come with this.... but I did notice that there is a all glass peice that I'm assuming replaces the 3" mini whip with the plastic tube? is this correct?

biohacker

Also - I noticed something different with the unit I recieved in that I could not find the "3" mini whip" that should come with this.... but I did notice that there is a all glass peice that I'm assuming replaces the 3" mini whip with the plastic tube? is this correct?

Yep - you received brand new stock! There is a separate thread for the DDave mods.

CuckFumbustion

@cwheezy Like the changeability of your setup. It looks like a good setup to get skilled with the Lotus. Interesting stoppers.

Change my EQ bag setup. Well the PVC tube fell through:doh: and now the stock glass adapter is still working with the bag wrapped around it and the silicone tubing over everything. Forget rubber band! Was able to take my stock EQ elbow with the top half removed and combine all this to make an 18mm fill bag. The pvc hose is still lose inside the bottom of the bag. :haw:

Justpassedu

So over the weekend i decided to use the bag setup with some hash. I used my Ddave adapter and tried a elbow pack of some herb and a bit of black hash sandwiched in there. I know hash usually needs a bit of a higher temp to melt so i preheated and started at about 405 F . I got one nice bag of cloudy thick vapor. In all honesty i am not sure if the hash even got hot enough bc i did not taste it at all in there and on its own i can taste it. I went for a second bag off the same elbow pack but was not able to get much vapor from it. That 1st bag though gave me a nice buzz.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Tonight i ditched the EQ basket in favour of a mesh basket, the E-Nano/UD/HI style formed basket screen.
Now i can load however much i want and i find that the flavour is even more intense!
This is using the 18mm male glass extension from the @DDave mod kit!
Still using the short adapter with dual screens.
Fave temp is 198 Degrees C and i get Mr. White Wall to make himself comfortable for a while as the sessions are at least 5 solid hits...

Still working my way through the multiple options before i give my review!
But so far...:tup:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Tonight i ditched the EQ basket in favour of a mesh basket, the E-Nano/UD/HI style formed basket screen.
Now i can load however much i want and i find that the flavour is even more intense!
This is using the 18mm male glass extension from the @DDave mod kit!
Still using the short adapter with dual screens.
Fave temp is 198 Degrees C and i get Mr. White Wall to make himself comfortable for a while as the sessions are at least 5 solid hits...

Still working my way through the multiple options before i give my review!
But so far...:tup:

I've been attempting this but I can't get the screens to stay in place at all.

CuckFumbustion

Came up with a 14mm interchangeable set up and other things for the EQ at CFRLB.:science:
First having the 14mm wand and short 14mm bowl from @DDave Mod kit helps, and having the tip hats for these wands still impresses me.

Now cut at least 3x 1 inch silicone tubing rings, I use kid scissors to cut clean 1 inch tubes 'rings'.
About a 9 inch piece of PVC that I cut from the stock EQ hose, it's essentially the pathway from the top of the wand to the draw end. The I.D. being similar enough to the top of 14mm of the wand. I figure it is long enough to arc on it's own. But not enough to pinch the path significantly. :nod: Also less draw resistance.

THE PVC 'WAND'. Yes, The pre-cut, 1 inch silicone rings are to be used to keep the PVC hose on top of the wand. And one of the other pieces of tubing for the mouth end for making it 'interchangeable', if you like. The other rings that were cut earlier, are to be attached/stretched/slipped inside the PVC hose and to the top opening of the 14mm wand, as you see fit. ;) Whatever elaborate/simple way that keeps the seal and protects the glass end of the wand. I've mentioned several of my plumber's tricks with silicone tubing in some other postings and their is plenty of modders here with pictured examples of their efforts of trying to get two pieces to fit together. Oh and a good seal is essential, if you are going to run a fan at higher speeds.

Other things I added to the mix..... :hmm:
For the 14mm bowl and wand and my setup above, optional for a loose pack with loose grind.
To help keep the tip hat semi clear of particles and add a little convection heat, drop a Vaporizer glass screen into the bowl after you already filled the 14mm short bowl. (mine being a 12mm Pyrex from ebay:tup:) Just don't restrict the air path so much when placing it in. It's more to keep the larger lighter particles away from clogging the tip hat. The toothpicks that I have set aside are for stirring and perhaps retrieving said glass screen. I try to stir in a way not to upset the round bowl screen and then quickly place the wand back. Sometimes I even remember to clear the tip hat of the wand before placing it back in the EQ. :haw:

Now the more personal touch. :cool:
Favorite hookah glass tip (or broken EQ wand to use as an air plug) for that tasty end of that 9 inch of PVC hose. :p
But, If you were to decide to have a 1 inch tube stretched over that throat end of the PVC instead, with say half the tubing sticking out, then you can have an 'interchangeable' setup. :nod: And attach other things for that easy plug and play silicone style adaptability, like say when you want to use vape bags.:brow:

Last edited:
Top Bottom