The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
How important is it that the mesh covering heater is clean. Does air pass through that. So if it partially blocked, will I be loosing performance. It's been like it since the begging when it got some dirt on and I didn't notice. Now it's a patch that's getting bigger. Should I replacey heater? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It seems to have a patch that is uncleanable. I have just realised that replacement of the glass cover does not include that mesh piece anyway. Can I remove the heater and soak the end in iso.?

Edit:- So iv just bought a replacement heater cover with mesh. I will swap over then inspect and attempt to clean my old one in iso 99. Then I will be more careful not to let it get dirty and permanently block the mesh.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The heater core of the EQ is solid, so the air passes between the core and heater cover in order to be heated. That is why the bits that fall through, if any, end up in the center of the heater cover screen. Of course there is a point where it could be blocked and impact the airflow, but it would need to be quite plugged up to do that.

The diffusion of the heated air actually happens more in the bottom of the adapter and at the adapter screen. A clogged adapter screen would impact even extractions more than a partially blocked heater screen. You can keep your adapter and screen clean by dropping both into baggie of ISO and soaking overnight. Leave the screen installed is fine. Shake the baggie in the morning to dislodge any stuck bits. Rinse and allow to dry before using again.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks, very helpful. I clean all parts every night. I have a glass jar of iso that the adapter and wands go in every night. Then when it gets dark brown I evaporate it all in a large Pyrex dish to get the gooey goodness.

I am skeptical about using iso in bags, as some have said on here. I just don't trust that the iso wouldn't pull any volatiles out of the bag. So I stick to all glass.

I'm sure my heater is not loosing any performance. But it still annoys me. Iv managed to keep it clean since the first mistake. So I will replace and keep clean this time. I will clean my old heater and mesh in iso and store as a spare.

I like spares of everything just in case the apocalypse comes, I'll still be vaping on my roof with a shotgun.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Awesome pics guys!! Does anyone do any dabs on their EQ. And if so how? I heard cotton swab, but not exactly sure how to set it up.

I use a S&B concentrate pad that I've worked with to make it fit my adapter.

saVCKvX.jpg

By far my favourite way to use concentrates with vaporizers. Whether they're in my Nano, Lotus or EQ they work amazingly well. Most efficient way to use concentrates by far.

hweezi

formally cwheezy

mozza5595

Hi all,
>lurked
>read all your helpful posts , Big THANKS to you all!
>bought a Q - stock pretty much dialed in for me
>bought DDave mod - awaiting arrival

So i'm now looking for some glass to complete the experience. Many of the bongs I've seen you guys using, struggled to source in UK. So any UK peeps got any recommendations and online suppliers?

I've found these, can someone take a look and advise:

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...with-showerhead-diffuser.cfm?iProductID=11576

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...to-steven-honeycomb-perc.cfm?iProductID=12244

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...neck-bong-blue-honeycomb.cfm?iProductID=11402

Thanks in advance,
Moz

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If it was me, I'd choose the third one. But any of them should work fine.
>lurked
>read all your helpful posts , Big THANKS to you all!
>bought a Q - stock pretty much dialed in for me
>bought DDave mod - awaiting arrival
You may want to look into also replacing the PVC tubing that comes stock with silicone tubing. It's much nicer IMO.

:peace:

mozza5595

If it was me, I'd choose the third one. But any of them should work fine.

You may want to look into also replacing the PVC tubing that comes stock with silicone tubing. It's much nicer IMO.
Thanks Stu, my DDave kit, thats winging its way across the pond as we speak, has upgraded whip included. Although planning to get some more spare silicone so i can ISO it

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Welcome @mozza5595, always good to see another UK vaper. We are growing in numbers but still an elite few.

You made a good choice with the eq and the @DDave kit. When teamed together they work perfect. I was so happy with my stock eq, I didn't think it could get any better. But you wait and see. Did you order the full kit? Mine only took 6 days to reach me in Hertfordshire.

Getting rid of that stock pvc tube will be a big improvement.

If you are looking from more silicone tubing this side of the pond, I'd recommend vapefiend.com.
Then select the 8mm tube from the spares and accessories section of the eq. This has a smaller diameter than the ddave standard, it works well for me. But most people seem happy with ddave tube. Good quality, med grade, high temp, cured silicone tube seems a little tricky to source in UK. But the one from vapefiend.com is good.

Also maplin sell 99.9% iso for 15 quid a liter. For cleaning circuit boards and stuff.
Good high quality iso. It's what you need or the water takes forever to evaporate. Specially in uk winter.

Kain

Cpt. Dab It
I bought a 4 pack at my local head-shop for 20 bucks. I'm sure they're the same plus shipping.

So scratch that, http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/crafty-liquid-pad-set.html

prices vary. I'm content with what I got them for because I didn't have to pay the exchange rate or shipping.

Do either of these fit perfectly without any modification?

And is this a great unit if your primary usage will be vaping concentrates/wax?

Thx

Last edited:

mozza5595

Welcome @mozza5595, always good to see another UK vaper. We are growing in numbers but still an elite few.

You made a good choice with the eq and the @DDave kit. When teamed together they work perfect. I was so happy with my stock eq, I didn't think it could get any better. But you wait and see. Did you order the full kit? Mine only took 6 days to reach me in Hertfordshire.

Getting rid of that stock pvc tube will be a big improvement.

If you are looking from more silicone tubing this side of the pond, I'd recommend vapefiend.com.
Then select the 8mm tube from the spares and accessories section of the eq. This has a smaller diameter than the ddave standard, it works well for me. But most people seem happy with ddave tube. Good quality, med grade, high temp, cured silicone tube seems a little tricky to source in UK. But the one from vapefiend.com is good.

Also maplin sell 99.9% iso for 15 quid a liter. For cleaning circuit boards and stuff.
Good high quality iso. It's what you need or the water takes forever to evaporate. Specially in uk winter.
Oooh, that makes us UK Vape pioneers, although i suspect there are thousands of UK vapers who 'go it alone' and end up with Vapouriser in the 'useless drawer' :lol:

Great advice with the Vapefiend tube, i got my ISO in UK from amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003D8QFR8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Any advice on the bubbler/perc @kellya86 ?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I know you can get it from amazon but I like to just walk into a shop sometimes to buy stuff.

I'm afraid I couldn't advise on a bubbler as I don't use them. I have worries like that it will remove an amount of active compounds. And would be worried about back pressure and all sorts of stuff that would stress me out. I'm happy with my setup as it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Although saying that, iv just stripped and rebuilt my eq, and now it seems to work better than it ever has. Can anyone explain this.?

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Although saying that, iv just stripped and rebuilt my eq, and now it seems to work better than it ever has. Can anyone explain this.?
Don't know if I can, but.....
I have taken my EQ apart several times. I find that perhaps once a year falling herb finally gums up the fan and stop it turning. I take the EQ all apart so the fan is partially detached, so the fine debris can be blown out. It always works great after reassembly.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm afraid I couldn't advise on a bubbler as I don't use them. I have worries like that it will remove an amount of active compounds. And would be worried about back pressure and all sorts of stuff that would stress me out. I'm happy with my setup as it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
When I first got my EQ I also felt that it was fine as it was, and I didn't understand people's obsession with using water pipes with vapor. I was convinced all these FCers were just :mental:.

Eventually, curiosity got the best of me and I invested in a cheap bong to hook up to my EQ. Fast forward five years and now I vape through water 95% of the time.

I guess I'm saying that you should consider trying it.... you might like it.:nod:

:peace:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I didn't think water was something I would try. But I did pick out something recently that looked very basic and easy to clean. With a large amount of inside volume after the filtration method did it's part. But I might use a downstem and a homemade arrangement as another project, once I pick out a favorite jar to use as a second water filter. So? To anybody who uses water, is the vape water good for anything? I have used as little water as necessary and had formed an opaque cloudy water form over time.

Recently though, I have used my 'honey collector' dry. Because I can fill and clear the glass of it's vapor, as if clearing a bong. Still has a 'hit'/pull effect without the water.
My consideration of picking something out was how it might function dry and with collection.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Stu, I'm not saying I will never try it. I'm the kind of person that won't knock it till iv tries it. And normally I'd try almost anything once. Maybe when I find a shop that I can walk in and buy a bubbler, then I may.

@CuckFumbustion, does the cloudiness of the water prove that active compounds are being removed my the filtration of the water?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@kellya86, I'm sure a percentage is removed to some extent. But if it somehow makes it easier to absorb. :shrug: I am new to using water with vapor. But Had an idea what I wanted to use. Also I am working with lower temps than some users that have a water filtration method.

I have also been using it dry lately, without water, and there is an impact that is worthwhile.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: ataxian

dusdat

I received mine bong too, but I don't really like it tbh
Vapor is thinner (not that nice & thick cloudy vapor I get when I fill up the first and second bag on F1 & F2)

And I can't seem to get the same degree op vaporization while using my bong,
if I take the herb out (after what seems the last hit from my bong), the herb is still lightly greenish to light brown, instead of the nice tobacco like color after I filled up 4 bags...

When I check on yt I see people getting real nice and thick clouds out of their eq combined with a bong,
what am I doing wrong??

Top Bottom