The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

gadabout

well..i will just use the cyclone when it comes. hopefully with diff. hose and elbow..it will work great till i can get the ddave adapter..:rockon:

gadabout,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
oldiebutgoodie... apologies if I came off corrective in my posting, have been rushing around today and trying to help out, so updates are briefer than I'd like.

Was erring on the side of caution, as others who PM'd me to report adapters that didn't work. Those adapters shared the same picture as the recent posting from gadabout. The key to identifying the non-working adapter is that its center ring appears solid.

Here's the best side by side example of incorrect adapter (left side thumbnail pic) and working adapter (right side thumbnail pic). Click on either so the picture enlarges, then hover your mouse over the center ring of both pictures and you'll see these two adapters are different. The one on the left has no ridge for the screen. (Sad, that the seller is showing two different adapters in the pics for a single listing.)

Go half way down the page, look for title
18 mm Female to 18 mm Female Adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-mm-Female-to-18-mm-Female-Adapter-/130962884679?nma=true&si=PbUsLneSnmL8D%2BB7X%2B06XYIVUAs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Please look these two pics over and let me know if you see the difference. If not, I will download, enlarge, and repost highlighting the difference.

Hope this helps!

You're post is more than OK. :)

The thumbnails on that listing enlarge pretty well. The horizontal pic is easier to see into. The vertical pic, I'm just not sure of because of light refraction and the angle of the shot. It looks to me very similar to the piece sold by ALT (but obviously w/o its larger handle) which I have, and it has a center indentation shaped like a sideways "u" (rather than a sharp "v") which should still support a screen shaped to create tension. I wish I still had the piece I bought off eBay for comparison, but it's gone.

If you can come up with a foolproof way of identifying that ledge, you'll be a hero here in Q-land. (Hell, you're already a hero, you'll just be even more of one.)

Looking again at the easily available ALT piece, I think I could make it work by grinding down the handle ~1/8". For those with the tools and know-how, that might be an option, too.

At this point I leave the question in your capable hands. I'm afraid that what time I have to devote to such things is now all consumed by my work with another vape. ;)

Vape on, DDave! :rockon:

gadabout

what is alt? thanks im just looking for a better piece than the cyclone!

Last edited:
gadabout,

gadabout

thank you! and that also works better than the cyclone? has the ridge for a screen? i mean..its 20 bux..but am excited to get what i need!! lol

gadabout,

Justpassedu

gadabout, I'm sorry, that's not the adapter. (unless the seller is not using accurate picture). That adapter doesn't have a ledge for the screen, the center glass ring is probably solid and the air path straight through with no ledge.

Please check the links in my previous post.. it has pictures of the adapter and then look closely at the center ring. You'll see the difference there.

Hope this helps!

Vape On!

I am wondering if this may work Dave it appears to look like it has a ledge in the middle to fit a screen - http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Female...704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30f37ba8

Also wondering the difference between the Dave adapter and the tuff bowl ?

Last edited:
Justpassedu,

oldiebutgoodie

thank you! and that also works better than the cyclone? has the ridge for a screen? i mean..its 20 bux..but am excited to get what i need!! lol

No, you cannot use the ALT version (w/o modifying it) because the center handle is too large to pass through the Q's opening, preventing the adapter from seating properly on the heater.

The Tuff Bowl is simply the Cyclone with an additional protective covering (don't recall offhand, might be teflon).

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: gadabout

gadabout

thanks oldie! i think as of now..i will just try to modify one cyclone bowl..and see how that works. i understand the q works great stock..but after reading this thread,,it just makes me want to get more if possible. ive seen ppl say that changing the elbow and hose makes a big difference alone!

gadabout,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
i understand dave! and appreciate the help! do u know of any other place besides ebay?
gadabout, sorry I missed your PM today. Happy to help out! Couldn't get back to a computer till just now.

I've written a few sellers asking about a ledge in their adapters... Hopefully I'll receive at least one positive response, then I'll post a link.

You're post is more than OK. :)
The thumbnails on that listing enlarge pretty well. The horizontal pic is easier to see into. The vertical pic, I'm just not sure of because of light refraction and the angle of the shot. It looks to me very similar to the piece sold by ALT (but obviously w/o its larger handle) which I have, and it has a center indentation shaped like a sideways "u" (rather than a sharp "v") which should still support a screen shaped to create tension. I wish I still had the piece I bought off eBay for comparison, but it's gone.
If you can come up with a foolproof way of identifying that ledge, you'll be a hero here in Q-land. (Hell, you're already a hero, you'll just be even more of one.)
Looking again at the easily available ALT piece, I think I could make it work by grinding down the handle ~1/8". For those with the tools and know-how, that might be an option, too.
At this point I leave the question in your capable hands. I'm afraid that what time I have to devote to such things is now all consumed by my work with another vape. ;)
Vape on, DDave! :rockon:
oldiebutgoodie, thanks much! I've thought about it, and I think the best way to ensure receipt of the DDave F/F is to find a resource that stocks them regularly. It's frustrating, as I've spoken to sellers who stated they "borrowed" an adapter pic from another, and it wasn't a true depiction of their adapter. Just don't trust the pictures.

I am wondering if this may work Dave it appears to look like it has a ledge in the middle to fit a screen - http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Female...704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30f37ba8
Also wondering the difference between the Dave adapter and the tuff bowl ?

Hi Justpassedu, I looked at the adapter, the vertical picture is very blurry and I couldn't make out details. I contacted the seller, titaniumedgeshop, inquiring. Hopefully this is the right adapter, as this seller has many available.

Stay Tuned.... more to follow..... Vape On!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
gadabout, sorry I missed your PM today. Happy to help out! Couldn't get back to a computer till just now.

I've written a few sellers asking about a ledge in their adapters... Hopefully I'll receive at least one positive response, then I'll post a link.

oldiebutgoodie, thanks much! I've thought about it, and I think the best way to ensure receipt of the DDave F/F is to find a resource that stocks them regularly. It's frustrating, as I've spoken to sellers who stated they "borrowed" an adapter pic from another, and it wasn't a true depiction of their adapter. Just don't trust the pictures.

Hi Justpassedu, I looked at the adapter, the vertical picture is very blurry and I couldn't make out details. I contacted the seller, titaniumedgeshop, inquiring. Hopefully this is the right adapter, as this seller has many available.

Stay Tuned.... more to follow..... Vape On!
No good news to report yet... :(

The seller titaniumedgeshop replied back that while he has many different types of f/f adapters, none of them will accommodate a screen. They were all straight through, no ledges...

I have comms out to 4 other sellers.... and fingers remain crossed!

Vape On!

Justpassedu

DDave i ordered the 1 from titaniumedgeshop on ebay , the picture does show it being able to fit a screen in the middle and i figured for $9 shipped id try and i did write a message to them saying to send what is pictured so if it arrives different i can always send back unused. Question about the elbow pack method - Doesnt packing this way make the herb fall out when its seated on the q since its just hanging in the air upside down , im sure it can be packed tight but wouldnt that make it harder to heat up being packed to tight , i have yet to recieve my q , just getting ready for it. thanks

Justpassedu,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
DDave i ordered the 1 from titaniumedgeshop on ebay , the picture does show it being able to fit a screen in the middle and i figured for $9 shipped id try and i did write a message to them saying to send what is pictured so if it arrives different i can always send back unused. Question about the elbow pack method - Doesnt packing this way make the herb fall out when its seated on the q since its just hanging in the air upside down , im sure it can be packed tight but wouldnt that make it harder to heat up being packed to tight , i have yet to recieve my q , just getting ready for it. thanks
Hey Justpassedu, it would be great if you received the working adapter!!! Please keep us informed!

Regarding the elbow pack, sometimes it can fall out into the adapter... or bits of it, which is why I always preferred to use a screen in the adapter.

Now if you choose either the DDave F/F+SSV Wand or Seek Cloud ELB mods, well then your herbs are surrounded by screens and fallout is no longer an issue.

Hope this helps! (And that you get the right adapter from this vendor!).

Vape On!

Justpassedu

Hey Justpassedu, it would be great if you received the working adapter!!! Please keep us informed!

Regarding the elbow pack, sometimes it can fall out into the adapter... or bits of it, which is why I always preferred to use a screen in the adapter.

Now if you choose either the DDave F/F+SSV Wand or Seek Cloud ELB mods, well then your herbs are surrounded by screens and fallout is no longer an issue.

Hope this helps! (And that you get the right adapter from this vendor!).

Vape On!

Thanks DDave i will def let you know the results , also thinking of picking this up as i could use some silicone tubing and its cheap enough to buy bc it also comes with glass http://www.ebay.com/itm/40063755933...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649#ht_5124wt_1345

Justpassedu,

gadabout

got mine today!! well packaged..everything workin right. but have no botanicals!! i knew that would happen..so will report back with more info whenever that happens.

gadabout,

Justpassedu

shoot now that i think of it , i ordered these bc they were so cheap at $8.95 shipped , price went up a little since yesterday, i figured its cheaper than just buying silicone tubing bc it comes with it , i know the glass should work , but now that i think about it the actual tubing looks to small and most likely will not hit well , anybody have any experience - http://www.ebay.com/itm/40063755933...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649#ht_5124wt_1345

Justpassedu,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
shoot now that i think of it , i ordered these bc they were so cheap at $8.95 shipped , price went up a little since yesterday, i figured its cheaper than just buying silicone tubing bc it comes with it , i know the glass should work , but now that i think about it the actual tubing looks to small and most likely will not hit well , anybody have any experience - http://www.ebay.com/itm/40063755933...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649#ht_5124wt_1345
I have a similar whip left over from a box vape. the tubing that came on mine is too small in OD to fit inside the SSV and hold. It did work fine on a Arizer Elbow though...

DDave,

gadabout

got to use the q. did an elbow pack and off i go! took a little getting used too..(been using a magic flight for over 2 yrs) i was thinking the elbow pack would have stretched a lil further than 3 good pulls. but am still experimenting. just got tracking for hose and elbow from ssv. so after playing more with it and then getting the whip and stuff..i am curious to see what difference it makes. over all..i am happy with the q. it was fun to set up..did the job well..and left me well medicated. any tips on elbow packing..such as how fine to grind..how tight to pack..and how many bags you can usually fill? never used bags before and am gonna try that later! but over all...i am happy with the way it has performed and would recommend the q to others and will!

oldiebutgoodie

got to use the q. did an elbow pack and off i go! took a little getting used too..(been using a magic flight for over 2 yrs) i was thinking the elbow pack would have stretched a lil further than 3 good pulls. but am still experimenting. just got tracking for hose and elbow from ssv. so after playing more with it and then getting the whip and stuff..i am curious to see what difference it makes. over all..i am happy with the q. it was fun to set up..did the job well..and left me well medicated. any tips on elbow packing..such as how fine to grind..how tight to pack..and how many bags you can usually fill? never used bags before and am gonna try that later! but over all...i am happy with the way it has performed and would recommend the q to others and will!

IMO the elbow-pack does not work as well as the Cyclone with the bag. Getting good bag results means stirring because of the hot spot, and I don't like doing that repeatedly with the elbow.

About 3 very strong hits is not unusual with the elbow-pack; my lungs aren't that strong so I used to take about 5. IIRC it can hold ~.2-2.5g. A fluffy grind is good because you need air ciculation in the elbow. Definitely not very fine grind let alone powdery, or it will clog too easily. Don't pack tightly, just tap enough to hold the contents. It needs to be stirred at least once.

YMMV. ;)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: gadabout

gadabout

ask and you shall receive! thanks oldie. thats what i did for my first bag. i was actually impressed with the bag too. got nice and cloudy..and did the job well. and you hear ppl complaining about speed of the bag..that did not bother me at all. so far im happy.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No good news to report yet... :(

The seller titaniumedgeshop replied back that while he has many different types of f/f adapters, none of them will accommodate a screen. They were all straight through, no ledges...

I have comms out to 4 other sellers.... and fingers remain crossed!

Vape On!
I walked into my LHS today and found that the owner had an entire shelf that was loaded with GonG adapters. I saw several 18/18 F/F adapters with the hollow ledge. $7 for any adapter.

Are these 'ledged' adapters really that rare? Maybe I should buy up the guy's entire stock? :shrug:

:peace:

Justpassedu

I walked into my LHS today and found that the owner had an entire shelf that was loaded with GonG adapters. I saw several 18/18 F/F adapters with the hollow ledge. $7 for any adapter.

Are these 'ledged' adapters really that rare? Maybe I should buy up the guy's entire stock? :shrug:

:peace:
anychance you'd grab me 1 bc i believe the one i have coming doesnt have the ledge and i cant seem to find them ? they seem pretty rare as its hit or miss online. $7 is a nice price also .

Justpassedu,
Top Bottom