Apprentice Daydreamer
Some more pics (still 205°C):

Next load ready:
2yxhipt.jpg

After one hit, untouched:
66f2ih.jpg

Spread out:
wqvrqq.jpg

Just another untouched load after one hit.
2jb9yxi.jpg

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Woah that's dark! Almost looks charred. You sir, are a much braver man than I, to bring your herb to such dark levels.

I might have to try this with some old screens I have. I think I'll start with a lower temp though :tup:

How was the taste? Any burnt taste?

aesthyrian,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
No burnt taste, but it was definitely high temp vapor, which is not at all as tasty as low temp.
I think the best way to load the miniELB like this is to put single tiny chunks of bud in the poked pit.
This will eliminate the few particles at the very edge being lighter. And it can extract tiny chunks no problem.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
p.s. If you have any ideas about how to modify Arizer Solo or Extreme Qs, please share...
Hey K.B. Hanson, I offer the DDave Mod..... Enjoy!

The EQ is really an amazing machine! Please see this previous entry for information on mods that really help the machine perform. While everything fits the cyclone bowl, the main mod is a 18mm F/F adapter, nicknamed the "DDave Adapter" in this thread, which replaces the cyclone bowl. This single component has resulted in the most positive results/feedback of the mods I've listed.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-256#post-498480
Hope you find these useful and if you have questions (or ideas) please feel free to ask/share!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@Seek,
Thanks for the new mod. It's good to know I can hit my EQ like a cloud if my cloud dies.

@DDave
The ELBs enclose the herb quite well on all sides when fastened together. I don't think there would be any blowback.
hey wisherly, Thanks for the explanation. I only thought I saw a single screen in the videos...

Speaking of Videos.... save for YouTube, can anyone suggest another hosting site?

Thanks much and Vape On!

shiva777

I just got an Extreme Q and loving the balloon trick! However when I try to use the whip I find that herb gets sucked through the tube and into my mouth which makes it unusable. Am I doing something wrong?

shiva777,

icemeltman

Hey K.B. Hanson, I offer the DDave Mod..... Enjoy!

The EQ is really an amazing machine! Please see this previous entry for information on mods that really help the machine perform. While everything fits the cyclone bowl, the main mod is a 18mm F/F adapter, nicknamed the "DDave Adapter" in this thread, which replaces the cyclone bowl. This single component has resulted in the most positive results/feedback of the mods I've listed.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-256#post-498480
Hope you find these useful and if you have questions (or ideas) please feel free to ask/share!
I have been using the DDave Adapter for awhile now, and it has been an improvement. I bought the SSV wand and just ordered the silicone tubing 3/8"id 1/2"od 1/16 wall. I thought this was the proper size for the ssv wand, but it doesn't seem to fit. It does seem to fit my regular elbow. Did I buy the wrong size?

icemeltman,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I have been using the DDave Adapter for awhile now, and it has been an improvement. I bought the SSV wand and just ordered the silicone tubing 3/8"id 1/2"od 1/16 wall. I thought this was the proper size for the ssv wand, but it doesn't seem to fit. It does seem to fit my regular elbow. Did I buy the wrong size?
Hi icemeltman, see this forum entry for tubing verified to work with the SSV...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-257#post-500781

Is it the outside diameter that is too large to allow it to fit easily into the SSV Wand? If that's the case, you can try to wet the tubing with water, then insert into the SSV Wand.

Hope this helps!
Vape On!

icemeltman

Hi icemeltman, see this forum entry for tubing verified to work with the SSV...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-257#post-500781

Is it the outside diameter that is too large to allow it to fit easily into the SSV Wand? If that's the case, you can try to wet the tubing with water, then insert into the SSV Wand.

Hope this helps!
Vape On!
I was able to get the tubing into the SSV ground glass wand, about 1". Very nice fit. Is that sufficient?
I thought I saw some pics where is was down much further. DDave thanks for your help. I am anxious to try this setup.

icemeltman,

gadabout

im hoping to be able to order a q this week!! fingers crossed! hard with a big fam bein laid off! hope everyone had a good holiday!

gadabout,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I was able to get the tubing into the SSV ground glass wand, about 1". Very nice fit. Is that sufficient?

He, he, just the tip?

Yeah 1" is sufficient. More room for the glass is better for taste and reclaim.

Finally, does using the ELB with the Q result in the same turbulence in the ELB that we get with the Cloud?

Have you seen my recent ELB mod?
gb3u.jpg

Much better airflow than stock. So much that I have trouble pacing myself to not run out of breath. The resin reclaim is much bigger particles too. It also does , in my limited testing, 10X better with small loads as the material gets shoved up into the dome.

Some videos over at the VapeXhale Cloud if you feel like watching/listening.

Tweak,
Reactions: grokit

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I thought I saw some pics where is was down much further. DDave thanks for your help. I am anxious to try this setup.
No problem... happy to help!

Yep, as Tweak stated, 1" is good and makes the Wand become a good source of reclaim... :)

Looking forward to hear how your mods & performance come along.

Vape On!

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
does anyone have any idea of the temp difference between the core heating element and the elbow joint. because i find i like going at 220c for clouds, especially through WT......

kahlilhc,

stressed

Well, I am totally sold on bags. I've had all kinds of pipes and bongs and various squeeze toys over the decades, but nothing equaled the joint high for me. Until now.

I've only been toking on old buds that i didn't get around to smoking over the years. If I'm getting this high on 2 and 3 year old, dried out buds, I can't wait to try some new stuff in 3 weeks.

If you're thinking of ditching the wand vapes and trying a bag, and don't want to drop $500 plus, the Q is a nice, reliable unit.

I've been doing 2 bags per .2 of a gram and saving the duff for a rainy day. 190C for the first bag 110 - 115 for the second. seems to work pretty well.

thanks again guys. adios!

stressed,

samirfuzzywuzzy

Good morning everyone. Just stopping in to say that the ssv with balloon is working great for me and the results are great. I had put the bags away along time ago but using them again is amazing.

DSC_0055.jpg

icemeltman

No problem... happy to help!

Yep, as Tweak stated, 1" is good and makes the Wand become a good source of reclaim... :)

Looking forward to hear how your mods & performance come along.

Vape On!
Very happy with results with ssv wand and DDave adapter, but the only negative was the fact that the elbow screen kept getting stuck in the adapter. When I would pull out the wand, the elbow screen stayed in the adapter. Have you experienced this? Great hits!

icemeltman,

TommydCat

Take a look at your 18mm F-F adapter and compare it to a normal cyclone bowl... Put the male end of the wand in each and notice how the on cyclone bowl the end of the wand comes "into the clear" inside, whereas it probably tapers into the end of the joint itself on the F-F adapter.

This means your screen will "clear" inside the cyclone bowl with no issues (unless is falls out), however in your F-F adapter, this screen gets pressed down into end of the glass joint itself (and may prevent a proper seal) - this gets it wedged into the 18mm joint - you pull the wand out and the screen remains wedged in the joint rather than in the wand.

It took me a few to figure out while my 18mm F-F adapter didn't work so well with my 18mm/14mm M-M adapter (for putting a PNWT on top of my EQ!). I was having the exact same problem, but I noticed it worked perfectly with the regular cyclone bowl.

This give ANOTHER thing to look for - are they fully tapered 18mm female joints in that adapter? Is the male end your sticking in full-length? (You'll find the Arizer elbows are just slightly short than the longest 18mm male pieces).

I suspect this may be the issue, however, your mileage may vary.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Very happy with results with ssv wand and DDave adapter, but the only negative was the fact that the elbow screen kept getting stuck in the adapter. When I would pull out the wand, the elbow screen stayed in the adapter. Have you experienced this? Great hits!
Hey icemeltman, glad to hear about your results! Nice!

There was a posting about loose elbow screens a while back, but in summary on the chance yours is just loose, take the elbow screen between thumb and pointer finger (almost as if making an OK sign with your hand) so that the metal ring is seated on you thumb and the opposite flat end against your pointer finger and gently squeeze thumb and finger together until you feel the screen adjust a bit. In effect, this results in a widening of the screen and a much tighter/better grasp of the SSV Wand.

My elbow screens have not dropped out of the wand, but I do make this screen adjustment regularly, whenever I feel it has loosened a bit.

Hope this helps!
Vape On!

samirfuzzywuzzy

Take a look at your 18mm F-F adapter and compare it to a normal cyclone bowl... Put the male end of the wand in each and notice how the on cyclone bowl the end of the wand comes "into the clear" inside, whereas it probably tapers into the end of the joint itself on the F-F adapter.

This means your screen will "clear" inside the cyclone bowl with no issues (unless is falls out), however in your F-F adapter, this screen gets pressed down into end of the glass joint itself (and may prevent a proper seal) - this gets it wedged into the 18mm joint - you pull the wand out and the screen remains wedged in the joint rather than in the wand.

It took me a few to figure out while my 18mm F-F adapter didn't work so well with my 18mm/14mm M-M adapter (for putting a PNWT on top of my EQ!). I was having the exact same problem, but I noticed it worked perfectly with the regular cyclone bowl.

This give ANOTHER thing to look for - are they fully tapered 18mm female joints in that adapter? Is the male end your sticking in full-length? (You'll find the Arizer elbows are just slightly short than the longest 18mm male pieces).

I suspect this may be the issue, however, your mileage may vary.

I had the same thing happen. try both ends of the f/f adapter. On mine one end grabs the screen and the other end clears it perfectly.

Top Bottom