The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I walked into my LHS today and found that the owner had an entire shelf that was loaded with GonG adapters. I saw several 18/18 F/F adapters with the hollow ledge. $7 for any adapter.

Are these 'ledged' adapters really that rare? Maybe I should buy up the guy's entire stock? :shrug:

:peace:
Nice find Stu! All I can find at my local shops are solid, straight through, adapters.... and $7 is not bad as far as price!!!!

hoptimum

I have a glass mouthpiece that came with my fake cloud. the bowl part that's supposed to go into the Cloud has a ledge. The bowl seems to fit perfectly into the EQ heating element. Has anyone tried this as a direct draw from the EQ?

hoptimum,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I have a glass mouthpiece that came with my fake cloud. the bowl part that's supposed to go into the Cloud has a ledge. The bowl seems to fit perfectly into the EQ heating element. Has anyone tried this as a direct draw from the EQ?
If you do, be very careful! Maybe try at a really low heat level.

I tried direct draw with F/F adapter and SSV Wand and that was one hot draw!!!! :o

Baked55

If your looking for something good to use for direct draw, I have found the 18mm water tool adaptor for the Ascent fits an elbow screen perfectly. Using that with the DDave adaptor the vapor was quite cool and not harsh ah all. Makes for a great all glass vapor path.

Baked55,
Reactions: DDave

hoptimum

If you do, be very careful! Maybe try at a really low heat level.

I tried direct draw with F/F adapter and SSV Wand and that was one hot draw!!!! :o

Thanks for the warning, but I think I may have hit pay dirt on this mod. The glass mouthpiece from the Cloud is nearly twice as long as the SSV wand and the bowl is about twice as wide. The tube is much wider as well. I think the combination of the increased distance and the greater width disperse the vapor better. It's not hot at all and the rips are considerable. Maybe even comparable to hitting my fake cloud. I've only hit it at about a 90 degree angle holding the EQ, because I'm pretty sure the herb would fall into the heater otherwise. Research shall continue.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
If your looking for something good to use for direct draw, I have found the 18mm water tool adaptor for the Ascent fits an elbow screen perfectly. Using that with the DDave adaptor the vapor was quite cool and not harsh ah all. Makes for a great all glass vapor path.
Nice! Sounds like a great setup!

Thanks for the warning, but I think I may have hit pay dirt on this mod. The glass mouthpiece from the Cloud is nearly twice as long as the SSV wand and the bowl is about twice as wide. The tube is much wider as well. I think the combination of the increased distance and the greater width disperse the vapor better. It's not hot at all and the rips are considerable. Maybe even comparable to hitting my fake cloud. I've only hit it at about a 90 degree angle holding the EQ, because I'm pretty sure the herb would fall into the heater otherwise. Research shall continue.

My bad.. .I pictured the glass mouthpiece from another vape, much shorter.... LOL

Sounds like a good setup! There were a few other customer pieces of glass posted in this thread... would like to see a pic of your setup.

Vape On!

DDave,

hoptimum

Where does the weed go? :shrug:

If you look at the mouthpiece from the bottom, there's a ledge around an inch up that can hold a screen. I know the weed will fall into the heater and likely incinerate, so I've been holding the EQ at a 90 degree angle when I hit it.

http://www.vapexhale.com/products/cloud-vapexhale-glass-mouthpiece

Nice, thanks for posting! How's things after a lengthy session? (Wondering about dry vs. water?)

Thanks!
Vape On!

The main thing is, I don't get a lot of hits, but the hits I get are massive. I loaded 0.13 g and got about 4-5 huge rips. The effects are immediate and intense. The vapor through that big tube is so dispersed it doesn't feel too dry somehow.

hoptimum,
Reactions: DDave

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
hoptimum: If you've got ELBs with your Cloud, you can do this:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-262#post-517219
Don't pull too hard and it is a great and simple delivery.
And no chance for weed getting to any wrong place.
It's just a filled and enclosed ELB put on the EQ heater upside down and the mouthpiece put over it.
The temperature shouldn't be too high when weed is so near the heater.
Over 220°C could be enough to combust.

hoptimum

THanks Seek, that will prevent the herb from tumbling out with the eq sitting flat. With the herb so close to the heater, combustion indeed is not far away. I noticed it getting beyond brown pretty quickly, but the few rips I got were wicked good.

hoptimum,

Justpassedu

I walked into my LHS today and found that the owner had an entire shelf that was loaded with GonG adapters. I saw several 18/18 F/F adapters with the hollow ledge. $7 for any adapter.

Are these 'ledged' adapters really that rare? Maybe I should buy up the guy's entire stock? :shrug:

Hey Stu , i dont want to burden you or anything of that sort just wanted to ask if you'd possibly help a fellow vaper fc member out and grab one of those adapters for me , i dont mind paying ofcourse and only if its not a burden for you. I have paypal - thank you

Justpassedu,
Reactions: gadabout

Justpassedu

Also a small tip/helper for all you looking to read temps in certain spots of your vaporizer , i have been into rc car racing and flying as a hobby and use digital temp sensors to keep track of my motor temps , they are pretty cheap and you just point them at the spot you'd like to get a temp reading at , i happen to use the duratrax temp sesnor wich can be found for $25 and under - http://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Flashpoint-Infrared-Temperature-Gauge/dp/B00144E8A4 , this one has lasted me almost 6 years now , there are others for cheaper as well but great to get a temp reading, i plan on using my with my vape to determine hot spots.

Justpassedu,

Bvapst

@Justpassedu
Could tell us about your own experience with it? If you own an EQ ?
Is it comparable to some temp reading pistol?
Which temp to you get at which place etc...
Would it be possible to use for a nail for example?

Bvapst,

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu
Could tell us about your own experience with it? If you own an EQ ?
Is it comparable to some temp reading pistol?
Which temp to you get at which place etc...
Would it be possible to use for a nail for example?

yes it will work with anything you can point it at , while i dont really have experience with the q yet i have used it with my volcano when i had it bc i had a classic wich didnt give me a temp readout but the most experience i have had with it is with my rc cars/quadcopters electric and gas motors where i point them at different spots of the motor during racing to get a temp reading so i do not overheat and damage my motors and they have worked great over the years. You can always order from amazon and try them out as returns are simple.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey Stu , i dont want to burden you or anything of that sort just wanted to ask if you'd possibly help a fellow vaper fc member out and grab one of those adapters for me , i dont mind paying ofcourse and only if its not a burden for you. I have paypal - thank you
@Stu Don't suppose this head shop has a website? Ships to UK?
I suppose I should've expected this when I made my post about finding the adapters at my LHS. However I do not get to that particular head shop very often (not very close to me) so I don't know when I'll be back.

The main point of my post was just to point out that there are probably local sources for these available if you look for them. I was only joking about buying up their stock. Hell, I don't even have an EQ any longer!

Sorry to disappoint, guys.

Justpassedu

Thats ok , i just called my only local headshop and they may have what we are looking for , i explained it over the phone to them and i think they have it only problem is when i asked the price they said $25 wich is allot so ill run down and take a look when i have time , hopefully at that price its got some designs on it or something. I do live in a place where there is not many headshops so the few that are around seem to over inflate there prices but if i do find what we need i wouldnt mind helping a few people out here if need be. Stu you prob. shouldnt have made that post if you werent willing to help as allot of people have been looking for these. I should also get my $9 ebay one today or tomorrow also and hopefully that works , ill post results.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: gadabout

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The main thing is, I don't get a lot of hits, but the hits I get are massive. I loaded 0.13 g and got about 4-5 huge rips. The effects are immediate and intense. The vapor through that big tube is so dispersed it doesn't feel too dry somehow.
hoptimum,

There have been a few similar setups reporting the same performance gains... Awesome setups!

Without WT:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-247#post-458214

With WT:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-254#post-490492

Nice work coming up with a sweet EQ config!

Vape On!

Justpassedu

Ok guys I think I got what we need from ebay just arrived , looks like its gonna need a big screen but its got the lip in for it , DDave please confirm from pics $8.95 shipped
40494AFA-91EA-4914-B791-B8B9C4CE624B_zps5wzthiy6.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Ok guys I think I got what we need from ebay just arrived , looks like its gonna need a big screen but its got the lip in for it , DDave please confirm from pics $8.95 shipped
40494AFA-91EA-4914-B791-B8B9C4CE624B_zps5wzthiy6.jpg
Justpassedu Rock On! That really looks like the DDave Adapter!!!! If it has the ledge, created by the ring in the middle being hollow, then it looks good! Mine fits a stainless steel screen, the exact size of a US Quarter, on this ledge.

FCers! Take note of this ebay link! May be the supply of confirmed adapters we seek?

On a side note (The adapter pictured in the ebay link is so INNACURATE! It shows the non-working adapter without ledge for screen).

Vape On!
DDave

Last edited:
DDave,
Top Bottom