The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

poonman

How does one unstuck a cyclone bowl and heater cover? Also how can I prevent this from happening.

To prevent it ;
I've always lube/coat my glass adapters/joints with ' Bee's wax ' .
It's safe and non-toxic . It's called ' Joint wax ' at my LHS .

Keep in mind I don't have an EQ , I was just browsing for future purchase .
So I not sure if it's do-able for the EQ .
But ' Bee's wax ' will save you lots of $$$ for your glass collection .

I hope this helps .

poonman,

poonman

I wonder if burts bees chap stick will work isn't that stuff just bees wax anyways?

My friend told me to look into it .
I think so , if the main ingredient is ' just ' Bee's wax anyways .
Thanx for the reminder .
This stuff works like a charm ,
Enjoy .

poonman,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
you would be using that bees wax on a hot joint.. i don't know that it would be a good idea.
did you try to carefully un-stick it after it heats up for a while?
to prevent it you could clean your joints w/ some ISO, and make sure they stay clean. take the cyclone off to stir, and don't blow through while connected to the EQ. try to not put the cyclone on too good, just set it there. don't pull on the whip.
i got it really stuck one time when it was pretty dirty.

Buildozer,

poonman

No , I've never tried on a Hot joint .
I thought it was an adapter piece .
I'm still learning about this future purchase ....
I love their Solo , so I was hoping to get the EQ too .

oops , my bad ,
and back to the EQ ....

poonman,

visionaries

Hello there, I was considering buying the Extreme Q, my friend has one and I really enjoy it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the newest 2013 edition model of the Extreme Q versus the previous model, as it says on the newest version there are 27 improvements..
would love to hear how those are?

I am new to vaping, I have been a long time smoker. After reading on FC a bit, I have decided to purchase a new Inhalater XP and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival (next week hopefully)

This is my first post! new here

visionaries,

goatgobaahh

I cleaned the cyclone bowl then popped the screen out took a screw driver and pushed the heater cover out of the bottom of the cyclone bowl.

and BAM that is how you get your heater cover unstuck (mines was stuck for well over a year just never bothered to fix it)

goatgobaahh,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Hello there, I was considering buying the Extreme Q, my friend has one and I really enjoy it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the newest 2013 edition model of the Extreme Q versus the previous model, as it says on the newest version there are 27 improvements..
would love to hear how those are?

I am new to vaping, I have been a long time smoker. After reading on FC a bit, I have decided to purchase a new Inhalater XP and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival (next week hopefully)

This is my first post! new here
Welcome Visionaries. i used to use an older EQ, the main difference i am aware of on the new one is it lets you up the temp in incriments of 1C, and the old one would limit you to upping the temperature by 5C at a time. it's supposed to be quieter, and more energy efficient.. longer warranty i think.. new color.. more sensors.. sorry i couldnt find any list of improvements other th an a few.. i gonna assume most of the 27 improvements are cosmetic

Buildozer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Welcome Visionaries. i used to use an older EQ, the main difference i am aware of on the new one is it lets you up the temp in incriments of 1C, and the old one would limit you to upping the temperature by 5C at a time. it's supposed to be quieter, and more energy efficient.. longer warranty i think.. new color.. more sensors.. sorry i couldnt find any list of improvements other th an a few.. i gonna assume most of the 27 improvements are cosmetic

I don't think Arizer ever provided a list of all 27 improvements, almost all of which were internal. I don't think I'd like the 1° increments. It seems to me that it would take a lot more button presses to change temperatures, which I used to do a lot. There's no way the temperature is controlled within a single degree of accuracy, so I don't know what they were thinking there.

visionaries

Was looking around, and found this on an ebay listing

"The Arzer Extreme Q Vaporizer 4.0 is the World's BEST-SELLING Vaporizer – Includes 27 Upgrades which is way too many to list so here are just a few of them..
* New Quite Fan.
* Now Operates in 1 Degree Celsius Increments.
* New "Midnight Chrome" Finish.
* Cooler, More Compact Design.
* New Clear View LCD Screen.
* Now with "Fast Heat" Ceramic Heating.
* Precise Temperature Control - Now with TRIPLE Heat Sensors.
* Redesigned with Solid State Circuitry.
* 50% More Energy Efficient.
* SAME (Introductory) Price!!
* 77% Quieter Than The Previous Version"

of course its listed as a "2013 edition Extreme Q" perhaps they are just trying to make it out as if its a brand new edition. Either way, I was just looking at the Herbalizer and I might just wait until they release it (who knows when that could be!) but for the moment I have a Inhalater XP coming in the next week or so hopefully.

I am new to the world of vaping myself, I owned a shitty box vape years ago but my friend turned me onto vaping with his Extreme Q.

Slightly off topic, but I have seen a lot of people who talk bad about bag vapes, I enjoyed bags myself personally, so why do they seem less preferred over whips?

visionaries,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
.......Slightly off topic, but I have seen a lot of people who talk bad about bag vapes, I enjoyed bags myself personally, so why do they seem less preferred over whips?
it's just a preference thing... the bag is just the least satisfying for me. i can get more dense/bigger hits(through water) w/ the whip, and that's what i prefer. a number of my friends like bags more though.. the only time i use bags is w/ them.

Buildozer,

visionaries

That makes sense, and you also have to wait for them to fill. I noticed some strains produce much thicker vapor in the bags than others too. I'm excited for the herbalizer to come out, it looks like such an incredible plug in vape so I will probably wait to buy one until it is released.

visionaries,

Detonator

I got my eq last week as my first mj vape it is awesome. But since I got the solo a few days ago it hasn't gotten as much use. I still like the bags and I will still use it but wow the solo isbetter than I thought it would be.

Ona side note I used a digital volcano for the first time at a club the other day and in my oppinion the eq is easier to load, heats faster, the remote control really sets the eq apart and it works just as good, taste same, bags fills slightly slower on eq, but for the 400$! Price difference I will just wait the extra few seconds.

TOWELIE 420

Was looking around, and found this on an ebay listing

"The Arzer Extreme Q Vaporizer 4.0 is the World's BEST-SELLING Vaporizer – Includes 27 Upgrades which is way too many to list so here are just a few of them..
* New Quite Fan.
* Now Operates in 1 Degree Celsius Increments.
* New "Midnight Chrome" Finish.
* Cooler, More Compact Design.
* New Clear View LCD Screen.
* Now with "Fast Heat" Ceramic Heating.
* Precise Temperature Control - Now with TRIPLE Heat Sensors.
* Redesigned with Solid State Circuitry.
* 50% More Energy Efficient.
* SAME (Introductory) Price!!
* 77% Quieter Than The Previous Version"

of course its listed as a "2013 edition Extreme Q" perhaps they are just trying to make it out as if its a brand new edition. Either way, I was just looking at the Herbalizer and I might just wait until they release it (who knows when that could be!) but for the moment I have a Inhalater XP coming in the next week or so hopefully.

I am new to the world of vaping myself, I owned a shitty box vape years ago but my friend turned me onto vaping with his Extreme Q.

Slightly off topic, but I have seen a lot of people who talk bad about bag vapes, I enjoyed bags myself personally, so why do they seem less preferred over whips?

IMO, whips are generally preferred by myself and others over bags for a few reasons....
1: first and foremost, in my opinion, vapour is best enjoyed for its flavour and smoothness when it is fresh... Even sitting for a minute or two will greatly reduce the flavour and smoothness IMO
2: the air to vapour ratio is a lot less through the whip, so you can generally get thicker, tastier hits
3: you can setup your whip to a glass bong and have an airtight connection... This provides optimal smoothness on the throat and flavour.

hoptimum

I got my eq last week as my first mj vape it is awesome. But since I got the solo a few days ago it hasn't gotten as much use. I still like the bags and I will still use it but wow the solo isbetter than I thought it would be.

Ona side note I used a digital volcano for the first time at a club the other day and in my oppinion the eq is easier to load, heats faster, the remote control really sets the eq apart and it works just as good, taste same, bags fills slightly slower on eq, but for the 400$! Price difference I will just wait the extra few seconds.

How is the Eq easier to load and how does it heat up faster than the Volcano? I can heat up and fill 3 bags with the Volcano in the time it takes the EQ to adequately heat up. Plus with the Volcano you don't have to plug the bag stem with your finger. It has an actual valve. That blue light on the EQ is pretty snazzy though.

hoptimum,

TOWELIE 420

Hello everyone! I have just joined FC today after lurking the site for years... This site is fantastic, lots of awesome info and a friendly community. The reason that I came out of creeping today was I found a thread on FC and I clicked on someone's profile and I saw that they had an all glass vapour trail for their extreme q right to the bong. I will post the picture as I took a screenshot... I hope I am not breaking any rules lol... Nevermind, scratch that, unable to attach a pic, im not sure why. But anyways the setup was some sort of glass adapter in his downstem that also acted as a bowl, and he placed the extreme q machine upside down right onto the bong adapter so there was no need for a whip! Ive been wanting an all glass vapour trail for ages now! I tried googling this setup but was unsuccessful in finding anywhere to purchase something like this for my 18 mm bong. Any info on where I could get this adapter, and what its called would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone! Peace and pot :D

If you are curious to take a look at what Im talking about, check out filteredhead profile picture. Thanks all

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Sir Kush Meister

Hey guys I have a little bit of a noob question. If this was already posted on the site I couldn't find it so my apologies in advanced. I recently bought my first vape from eBay. It was listed as the newest version, the Extreme Q 4.0 2013. There are a ton of different pictures on eBay showing the 4.0 model and the new "Midnight Chrome" finish. I was wondering if there's any way to definitively tell which version I received? In any case, the vape works great, I just wanted to ease my paranoia and make sure I got what I paid for :). Thanks.

Sir Kush Meister,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey guys I have a little bit of a noob question. If this was already posted on the site I couldn't find it so my apologies in advanced. I recently bought my first vape from eBay. It was listed as the newest version, the Extreme Q 4.0 2013. There are a ton of different pictures on eBay showing the 4.0 model and the new "Midnight Chrome" finish. I was wondering if there's any way to definitively tell which version I received? In any case, the vape works great, I just wanted to ease my paranoia and make sure I got what I paid for :). Thanks.

If it changes temperature in 1° increments, it's the newest version.

:peace:

TOWELIE 420

Made the switch to silicone tubing today in honor of arrested development, great decision, wanted to recommend it to everyone that's new to this thread and vape.

I've been meaning to do that for a while now... Until I came on here and saw filteredhead's profile picture... And now I know what I want instead. Does anyone know where I can buy the glass adapter and bowl piece for my extreme q so that i can eliminate the need for the whip and i can just lift my q upside down and place it in the adapter thats sitting in the bongs downstem? Thanks everyone

TOWELIE 420,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I've been meaning to do that for a while now... Until I came on here and saw filteredhead's profile picture... And now I know what I want instead. Does anyone know where I can buy the glass adapter and bowl piece for my extreme q so that i can eliminate the need for the whip and i can just lift my q upside down and place it in the adapter thats sitting in the bongs downstem? Thanks everyone

a glass carbon filter adapter should work out

edit: Welcome! BTW vvvv

Herbal Ant

I wouldn't turn it upside down, if you want you can try this. Take your tubing, cut about 2 1/2 inches off, maybe a little more. You want enough to slide it all the way down on an elbow and then slide it down on a mouthpiece halfway. Then cut another piece about the same size, enough to slide it on the other half of the mouthpiece and the other elbow. If you want it to be longer you can add another mouthpiece to the path, and you can make a support for the glass path with a paper towel roll if you are worried about pressure on the glass or if the tubing is slipping off. May need to adjust the height of the bong or the unit, but there you have it. Or if you order the 7th floor tubing like I did, which is kind of big for the EQ btw, don't know if I will order it again. You can slide a mouthpiece entirely into the tubing. The mouthpieces kind of work as honey catchers too. I have mine hooked up to a cheapy bong right now, using two mouthpieces, one piece of 7th floor black tubing about 5 inches long, and one elbow. Its not a completely all glass path, but its less hot air contact with plastic then before. :lol:
0526132309-00_zps898ca290.jpg

TOWELIE 420

I wouldn't turn it upside down, if you want you can try this. Take your tubing, cut about 2 1/2 inches off, maybe a little more. You want enough to slide it all the way down on an elbow and then slide it down on a mouthpiece halfway. Then cut another piece about the same size, enough to slide it on the other half of the mouthpiece and the other elbow. If you want it to be longer you can add another mouthpiece to the path, and you can make a support for the glass path with a paper towel roll if you are worried about pressure on the glass or if the tubing is slipping off. May need to adjust the height of the bong or the unit, but there you have it. Or if you order the 7th floor tubing like I did, which is kind of big for the EQ btw, don't know if I will order it again. You can slide a mouthpiece entirely into the tubing. The mouthpieces kind of work as honey catchers too. I have mine hooked up to a cheapy bong right now, using two mouthpieces, one piece of 7th floor black tubing about 5 inches long, and one elbow. Its not a completely all glass path, but its less hot air contact with plastic then before. :lol:
0526132309-00_zps898ca290.jpg

Thanks for the post! Why wouldnt you turn it upside down? The vape itself is quite light and my bongs downstem is supported. I saw a pic of someone using it like this and it seemed to be working quite well. My whip is actually very short, consists of two elbows on either end, and a mouth piece somewhere near one end attaching to the whip and one of the elbows. Its not as short as yours though because i want to be able to sesh with friends easily, and this factor is decreased when the whip is too short. I appreciate the feedback though and thats a good idea you have to maximize the glass trail. I need to start uploading some pics but i guess you cant do that on your phone... Cheers man!

TOWELIE 420,
Top Bottom