The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

goatgobaahh

I delt with mine for almost two years before I bought the 25 feet of the amazing flavorful goodness

goatgobaahh,

filteredhead

I am gonna be a lazy forum user. At some point I have read most of this thread. Anyone out there inverting the EQ and using it directly into a waterpipe instead of with whip tubing?
Yes, there are several references to folks using it that way. 99% of the time my Extreme-Q (V-Tower actually) has been used upside down with glass waterpipes/bubblers, a few times with whips is all. I like the below short glass adapter a lot because the EQ's heater will be in close proximity to the herb, resulting in thicker vapor at lower heat settings compared to the stock setup for me.
tT6Lh1I.jpg

When packing herbs directly into ELB or the standard Cyclone load method, I use heat temp range between 383 and 401 degF, however using the above adapter I find the herb gets too dark for my tastes at 374 or above settings so I end up using a range of 347 and 365 degF with the above.

For variety there is also a picture of a longer glass adapter and another pic of it used with a bubbler in the V-Tower thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-v-tower.113/page-2

EDIT, added the pics in the other thread here for easier reference:
3FRSy.jpg
bLVTy.jpg

highasakite

I delt with mine for almost two years before I bought the 25 feet of the amazing flavorful goodness
Could you give a link, or tell where you bought it please? Would like to buy one that others like. My original tube is getting kind of nasty and hard to clean. Thanks.

highasakite,

jeff

Yes, there are several references to folks using it that way. 99% of the time my Extreme-Q (V-Tower actually) has been used upside down with glass waterpipes/bubblers, a few times with whips is all. I like the below short glass adapter a lot because the EQ's heater will be in close proximity to the herb, resulting in thicker vapor at lower heat settings compared to the stock setup for me.
tT6Lh1I.jpg

When packing herbs directly into ELB or the standard Cyclone load method, I use heat temp range between 383 and 401 degF, however using the above adapter I find the herb gets too dark for my tastes at 374 or above settings so I end up using a range of 347 and 365 degF with the above.

For variety there is also a picture of a longer glass adapter and another pic of it used with a bubbler in the V-Tower thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-v-tower.113/page-2

EDIT, added the pics in the other thread here for easier reference:
3FRSy.jpg
bLVTy.jpg

Thanks man I appreciate the info and assistance, as well as the indulgence in my laziness.

I was thinking of getting an LsV but it made me think of just using the eq myself. I was just gonna use the cyclone right side up with a male-male gong joint between cyclone and piece.

And I'm more 375-385 but more 375. I go tubing to bubbler.

filteredhead

Sure thing and your idea of the waterpipe to male-to-male GonG to Cyclone to EQ will work great (tried that before too) with the eq unit sitting a bit higher up. Maybe use a keck clip or two for worry-free operation.

filteredhead,
Reactions: jeff

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Quick tip: Memory foam earplugs are effective in plugging bags if you can't use your finger for whatever reason. Don't insert them too deep or it will be difficult to remove, 1 cm is more than enough to make an airtight seal. They are cheap as fuck (I have a whole bag of them), and one is enough for a long time if you don't tear it.

debaserrrrr

Thanks for the tip Seek, I have been looking for a household item to plug my whip (leaks quite a bit if you leave it to cook).

debaserrrrr,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
tT6Lh1I.jpg

3FRSy.jpg

I don't recall having seen a bowl adapter like this, have a link handy? (Looks like an 18/19mm would be even better though, eliminating the need for a reducer.)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: ataxian

debaserrrrr

For some reason I thought the Extreme Q GonG adapters were 14mm. I bought a n3rd DI rig with a 14mm male with that in mind. Oh well, maybe I will just get an aquavape.

debaserrrrr,

filteredhead

I don't recall having seen a bowl adapter like this, have a link handy? (Looks like an 18/19mm would be even better though, eliminating the need for a reducer.)
The longer 14mm-to-18mm adapter and lil reducer came from LHS. The short adapter was ordered from OGB: http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-14-18-glass-on-glass-expander-made-in-oregon-15-141762123

And agreed an 18mm female-to-18mm male would have been better for that piece as in reduced parts count, less lego'ng. Perhaps this would be the one: http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-18-18-mini-glass-carbon-filter-made-in-oregon-25-518242521 (I have the non-mini version of this from OGB for large loads for multi-person sessions however would prefer this shorter/mini length version to locate the heater closer to herb for smaller loads/solo sessions)

Also, PV offers a nice selection of 18/18 adapters but am not sure of their length: http://www.planetvape.ca/18mm-to-18mm-adapters.html

Edit, forget that ALT carries adapters that could work:
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glass-accessories/glass-adapters.html?p=1

filteredhead

That should work great, the low-pro/reducer inverted over your rig's 14mm DI joint, then the cyclone bowl and finally the EQ upside down for direct pure glass path. I have ordered from both of those vendors before with good results (ogb and mariposa), one vendor will ship from west coast the other from east coast, good luck.

filteredhead,

debaserrrrr

That should work great, the low-pro/reducer inverted over your rig's 14mm DI joint, then the cyclone bowl and finally the EQ upside down for direct pure glass path. I have ordered from both of those vendors before with good results (ogb and mariposa), one vendor will ship from west coast the other from east coast, good luck.
Would I have to load the bud into the cyclone bowl for this, or could I still elbow pack?

debaserrrrr,

filteredhead

With the low-pro/reducers method for your rig yes would load herb directly into the cyclone bowl and avoid elbow/tubing altogether. If I wanted to use an elbow load method, then have tried 3/8" ID high-temp silicone tubing between the right-angle elbow glass adapter (plugged into cyclone with EQ sitting upright normal) and my rig's 14mm DI joint with good results a few times just for kicks.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064OF8SK/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or similar stuff from eBay or others with 500 deg F rating.

filteredhead,

debaserrrrr

Yea, that was my plan originally. Hopefully this can reduce my coughing towards the end of vape sessions.

debaserrrrr,

jeff

The

The eq upside down didn't work nearly as well for me as an elbow pack through the tube to a water pipe. Any tips?

goatgobaahh

The

The eq upside down didn't work nearly as well for me as an elbow pack through the tube to a water pipe. Any tips?
Yeah fuck flipping the Q its not even designed to be used like that. Tell me when you use the EQ with a whip/water pipe do you get very medicated? Exactly.

goatgobaahh,

filteredhead

The
For that setup I've had best results by positioning the cyclone screen higher so that herb was positioned close to the heater (like 1/4 to 1/2 inch away). I would also try slightly higher temp setting due to the extra airflow, and/or start the draw extra slow so it can be extended into a long 30-40 second inhalation. That's how the unit delivered thick vapor for me before the glass adapters were ordered.

filteredhead,
Reactions: jeff
Top Bottom