The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TheGinni

Keeping Canada Green!
Edited Post : I did not want my comments to be taken as more than MY Opinion. I did not inted to say anything misleading or malicious toward any manufactureer or thier product. Only talking! ;) :)

Iwien, you are absolutely right. It is my opinion and it may be extreme. I may also stand alone in this opinion, we will see. Da Buddha is made in China - FACT... If is expensive crap..OPINION... that is for users to decide. I used it .. I decided. Expensive crap. Like I said it works well, (when the whip does not fall out on the HF unit) and I have gotten great sessions from one my friend has, but I think it is too much to pay for an SSV outsourced to China!

Even on the Da Buddha website they divert from stating outright that it is made in China!!

In the comparison chart it clearly state that Vapezilla and Vapir are made in China (like they are making out like it was a bad thing or something?!?!)

The under the MADE IN USA column for DBV it says:
"Composed of foreign and domestic components,
Finished and tested in America"

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/compare.html

Are the diverting a little maybe?? Why not state it is made or assembled in China as well .. why some BS explanation?? How about MADE IN CHINA TESTED IN USA? uses less words, no?! What does "finished in America" mean anyway???? they put the sticker on it ???? Are Vapezilla and Vapir tested in the US also?? Would they tell you if they were?? That chart smells funny to me !

I would like to see a direct statement from the manufacture about the production of their product. How much of it is made where? Me for one I like clear and definite answers like the ones I get from Arizer about the EQ

This was not intended to start a fight or misguide anyone new to Vaporizing. It was only what I said, MY OPINION and MY TWO CENTS. Right or wrong, I am entitled to my opinion, no?

If people are taking my word as final before reading anything else in the forum... well... then .... :lol:

To clarify:

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGinni's words are not to be taken to heart or meant to misguide any poor misfortunate souls who take his word to be the word of all here in the forum. TheGinni is only stating HIS PERSONAL OPINION about products and things he has had experience with. TheGinni's intentions are good in nature and only asks serious questions to invoke a meaningful and or critical discussion about things we may or may not use in our everyday lives. Critical thought is the only way to evolve.
-TheGinni

Anything else regarding DBV I will take to the appropriate forum. Just wanted to clarify my OPINION.

TheGinni,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
TheGinni said:
The under the MADE IN USA column for DBV it says:
"Composed of foreign and domestic components,
Finished and tested in America"

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/compare.html

Are the diverting a little maybe?? Why not state it is made or assembled in China as well .. why some BS explanation?? How about MADE IN CHINA TESTED IN USA? uses less words, no?! What does "finished in America" mean anyway???? they put the sticker on it ????
What it means is this, all of the parts are made by other companies... Finishing means that they receive all the parts and assemble them. so saying "Made in china Tested in USA" would be false... some parts made in China, some here in the US, and some elsewhere, but the actual vaporizer is assembled here in the United States. Even says so in their first page... built in the USA... saying that does not mean the parts were fabricated here.
So the way the website worded it is exactly what is happening and is not misleading.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Samsquanch said:
hello - this is the Extreme Q thread , why are we talking about Da Buddha
Cause Ginni here made some outrageous claims and it needed a counter response. Done though, so, no further Buddha discussion necessary.

lwien,

spaceman462

I've been really enjoying my Extreme Q since I got it a couple weeks ago, but Arizer needs to start making accessories. At least customization stuff. I'm starting to think about having the stainless steel powder coated or shot with high temp enamel paint. Haven't decided what color yet.

spaceman462,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
hmm , custom colors , I dont see how coating the outside would hurt , it doesn't get that warm , might void your warranty , but other than that , an all black unit could look pretty nice.

lwien - ;)

Samsquanch,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Hey all. I know i said i was gunna post a comparison between my new Q and my old Ev3 like a month ago, but i have been super busy as im finishing up my final year at uni (anyway wanna hire a biochemist?? haha). Anyways, im procrastinating finishing a paper so im gunna do a little quick review right now as I feel i should correct some things i have previously said.

First off, the vaping temperature for the Q and the old E versions is quite different. I had posted that I vape at 175C but fact of the matter is, when switching to the Q I did not get the same thick vapour at 175C. I find my optimal temp is in the 190C +/- 5C range now. So again sorry for any misleading information.

Another difference between the Q and the v3 is that when operating from the menu, rather than the remote, that the menu automatically returns to the "main screen" displaying the temp in like 15 seconds. The problem that arrises here is if you control the fan with the menu (say your remote is dead). So u turn on the fan, your lungs are full of vapour, then blamo menu is gone and u can't shut the fan off. Im not sure why Arizer made this change, or if it was even intensional, but maybe they should fix this feature for future models to be released.

Apart from these features the new Q is more aesthetically pleasing imo, and it just feels more solid when u hold it (hard to explain but there is no rattling or anything if you shake it a bit) The fan is super quiet, which is the actual primary reason i upgraded, so im very happy with this. Also LCD is very bright and easy to see from all angles, although it doesn't display how long the vape has been on, which is kinda a bummer, although not entirely crutial.

Mr. Smoke No More,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Hey all. I know i said i was gunna post a comparison between my new Q and my old Ev3 like a month ago, but i have been super busy as im finishing up my final year at uni (anyway wanna hire a biochemist?? haha). Anyways, im procrastinating finishing a paper so im gunna do a little quick review right now as I feel i should correct some things i have previously said.

First off, the vaping temperature for the Q and the old E versions is quite different. I had posted that I vape at 175C but fact of the matter is, when switching to the Q I did not get the same thick vapour at 175C. I find my optimal temp is in the 190C +/- 5C range now. So again sorry for any misleading information.

Another difference between the Q and the v3 is that when operating from the menu, rather than the remote, that the menu automatically returns to the "main screen" displaying the temp in like 15 seconds. The problem that arrises here is if you control the fan with the menu (say your remote is dead). So u turn on the fan, your lungs are full of vapour, then blamo menu is gone and u can't shut the fan off. Im not sure why Arizer made this change, or if it was even intensional, but maybe they should fix this feature for future models to be released.

Apart from these features the new Q is more aesthetically pleasing imo, and it just feels more solid when u hold it (hard to explain but there is no rattling or anything if you shake it a bit) The fan is super quiet, which is the actual primary reason i upgraded, so im very happy with this. Also LCD is very bright and easy to see from all angles, although it doesn't display how long the vape has been on, which is kinda a bummer, although not entirely crutial.
Did you find that one vape can reach a higher temp than the other (and i don't mean by its digital read out)? Do they have different top limits to how hot they can get? By this I mean, can one unit combust easier than the other?
Reason I ask is I have seen some people remark on how the Q does not get as hot as the Extreme V.3 gets.

DevoTheStrange,

kifenehma3ak

extremeQist
i just found a way to close the bags in case u dont want to smoke, stick in the stirring tool inside.......... it works

kifenehma3ak,

Mr. Smoke No More

Devo, i have never actually used the Q or the v3 at max temperature, because its just way too hot for my liking. However, i have noticed the Q is approximately 20C cooler than the v3, so im assuming the max temp would also be about 20C less. As far as complaining that it doesnt get hot enough, i dont know if people want combustion temps like the ss or what, but any model of the extreme is not designed for this, and i thank arizer for this.

kifenehama3ak, the Q is much quiter than the v3, im sure if u are used to the luxury of the wisper quite fan and use it in a silent room it may be more noticable to you. however previously owning a v3, i can tell u there i a huge difference in noise levels. fan 3 on the Q is quieter than fan 1 on the other extreme models. As for sealing the bag, many people have stated they use the blunt end of the stir tool to clog it, and others have reported using things like lego man heads (cant remember who this was exactly sorry, but there are some great pics in the extreme thread II). I think they put the lego head or end of the stir tool in a small length of tubing and then put the tubing over the mouth piece. Sorry if this is confusing but i just dont have time right now to find the post and copy it here. Personally, i do not like to seal the bag, as i find the vapour condenses rapidly after a minute or two, which makes the bags real sticky inside which affects their ability to blow up properly. instead of maxing the bag out, try blowing it up halfway, and take these 2 or 3 hits quickly, then when u neeed more, stir and blow another half bag or so. U could also make a bag set-up that can only hold 1/3 or 1/2 a full bag, which is perfect when bagging it solo :cool:

Mr. Smoke No More,

spaceman462

kifenehma3ak said:
i just found a way to close the bags in case u dont want to smoke, stick in the stirring tool inside.......... it works
That was the first thing that I tried too, but it's hardly a great seal. And if you try to push it in, the mouthpiece is very fragile and will break.

spaceman462,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
To seal your bags , try a cap off a tube of blunt wraps or a cirgarello/prime time , or even a cap off a bic pen

Samsquanch,

kifenehma3ak

extremeQist
yo man spaceman, i am vaped out of my mind, i just got fresh mint, chopped them very finely, and added them to my "herbs" and vaped em, boommm, everytime i look at ur avatar i start laughing cuz i keep thinking that its a picture of u, i am imagining u sitting there typing and vaping with that face! hahahahahaaaaaaa!!

kifenehma3ak,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
I've had my Extreme Q for over 2 months now and I can only say I am fully satisfied with it. Arizer has been amazing from the beginning. Used the bag once, but used the whip ever since.

However I was wondering how I should clean the whip and the screens for the elbow???

TigerLord,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
I clean the whip by running hot water through it for 5 min. from the mouthpiece out the elbow obviously. I use a pipecleaner to help sometimes

the screens I put in a shotglass of iso for a few mins shaking and/or replacing the iso if necessary. rinse with hot water

Persona Non Grata,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Manwo said:
Can you put the whip in the freezer then use it for a super cold hit?
No you cannot. the glass that comes with the Q is too thin and cant handle the thermal shock. I've broken both a cyclone bowl and the elbow from thermal shock.

DevoTheStrange,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
I got the whip in like new condition and totally resin gree by mixing isopropyl alchohol with salt and running a solution through the tube, then a lot of hot water to clean, I let it dry.

Then added some dish soap and again ran it with a lot of water, completely removed the alcohol taste, all the resin is gone and it's shiny new... I used the stirring tool with a small paper towel to scrape the top of the whip's elbow easily once the alcohol had broken down the resin.

If you want cooler hits, buy an adapter and run the vapor through a bong with ice.

TigerLord,

freshievapour

Hey guys,

I have a LB & SSV & this is the next one I got my eye on!!!

Any thoughts on whether I should seeing as what I already got?

Thanks

freshievapour,

hereatlast

I think your SSV will probably deliver thicker vapor/higher temperatures than the Extreme, which will not combust; the Extreme and the SSV seem to be very different units, both are certainly high quality. That said, the Extreme would definitely add some versatility, e.g. option of a bag, forced air.

hereatlast,

thedude27

Mine arrived last week, so far I love it. New to vaping, known about it forever but never ponied up the $ to do it because I figured you wouldnt get much flavor since you only evap at a certain temp. wow was I wrong about that, loving the 180 setting. Odd that I get more of a non CBD "Up" buzz from it. I say odd because CBD evaps lower than 180 but I do get more non couchlock feel from it even though that shold be plenty of temp to evap the cbd.

thedude27,

Mr. Smoke No More

spaceman462 said:
I've been really enjoying my Extreme Q since I got it a couple weeks ago, but Arizer needs to start making accessories. At least customization stuff. I'm starting to think about having the stainless steel powder coated or shot with high temp enamel paint. Haven't decided what color yet.
I dont know about getting a custom extreme itself, but if u wanna buy some custom bowls, ewlbows, etc u should definately check out clear dome.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2363

Hit up the links in his signature to check on whats currently available.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Yo dude, there are many cannabanoids and other compounds associated with the couch lock effect, which vape at a higher temp than 180C, plus the temp on the lcd display is not the actual temp the weed is vaping at. the heat sensor is somwhere between the bowl and the heater. I thiink the Q has 3 actually so im not sure where they are exactly...im still waiting to see that pic of the inside of the Q :D
Plus if u are combusting weed, you are also feeling things like an immune responce to chemicals in the smoke

EDIT: sorry those posts were supposed to be together but i fucked it up, sorry im waxed.

Mr. Smoke No More,

saeton

Okay I'm getting the hang of this lovely vape more and more. So I have been getting the stuff browner, but that's when I really crank the temp to 210, 220, 225. I'm also noticing that the higher temps change the kind of high, and that's nice to know, that lower temps give more of a head high, at least I'm noticing.

If you pack the elbow or use another piece to pack it in close like electrician showed AND use lower temps for the effect (160 to 185-ish), will the weed ever get brown? Or only somewhat (more has to be gotten out of the 200+ zone or by baking with it)? Can someone clarify this and if there's anything to know about the Q in this way...

Also, since the temp is only what the sensor is, not what is on the weed... do you have to have something at 10 degrees higher than the effect you want (like the list of temps on http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=58958#p58958) or you jhust need to give time between hits, or what's the deal

saeton,
Top Bottom