BigJr48

Everyone here has given such great suggestions..I would start with the most simple things first.

For one...does your charger/computer provide enough output amps to properly charge it?

Also did you try another chord? Maybe the one they sent you has a short in it.

After that I would try to get another 18650 locally and try it. (While I was in contact with davinci about a replacement)

If none of thoservice things worked id start to suspect the device.

Then it would be hard reset and if nothing...service the IQ
IMR batteries.com has the best prices!

Vaporcussion

Took my IQ on vacation for a week in LA, and finally got to leave my Pax 2 at home, yay! What a difference it made; good flavor on the road, finally (afraid to travel with my MIGHTY). Schooled a bunch of college kids I found using a PAX. They filled a bowl in my IQ and were blown away. @Davinci, you should be getting new customers soon.....

Came home last night and immediately went back to my beloved Mighty, and was able to really compare.
First impression. It was over so fast!

Granted, I used a capsule, but the Mighty session was over in under 10 min. Needed a second capsule to "get there" With the IQ, I spend 10 minutes on low temp, the another 10 minutes at higher temps.
Sure, the hits on Mighty are more full throat, robust, but the IQ simply lasts longer.

So I'll start off by saying that loading the IQ is perfect, very easy, clean and satisfying. That said, unloading the IQ is the opposite. For me unloading can be messy and annoying.

Agreed. I use the vapir pads as a spacer; they work great, but are a total PITA to remove. I found myself waiting for a handicapped stall in the mens room, just so I could use the flip down baby diaper table to empty/reload. Felt like a junkie, lol I really hope davinci comes out with a capsule system to bypass having to use the poker, and brush, every time. Too many little pieces. We need a dump/reload system. Quick and easy is key.

I don't have an IQ

So happy to see CarolKing here! You were so helpful to me on the Ascent page. Imo, the IQ really does hit better/taste better.
PS I looked for the other Carol King at NAMM, but she wasn't there ; )

Last edited:

Spartan300

Everyone here has given such great suggestions..I would start with the most simple things first.

For one...does your charger/computer provide enough output amps to properly charge it?

Also did you try another chord? Maybe the one they sent you has a short in it.

After that I would try to get another 18650 locally and try it. (While I was in contact with davinci about a replacement)

If none of thoservice things worked id start to suspect the device.

Then it would be hard reset and if nothing...service the IQ
Thanks everyone for the input so far...

I attempted to charge it using the same USB wall adapter I use with my FF2 -- nothing.

New cord -- nothing.

Swapped out a couple of new batteries -- nothing.

Still the same. I plug unit in - the led starts the "seeking charge" lights. Nothing ever "fills". That goes on as long as it's plugged in. Light on the power button and up/down buttons work. Nothing happens when you press any of them other than attempting to power on the unit. (When I check the paired app it always says the unit is "turned off".)

If I hit the power button while "charging" the unit seems to power on, then immediately resumes "charging" -- unplug the unit it is dead.

What is "supposed to" happen when I put in a new battery?

I'm getting discouraged. It's kaput immediately after unboxing...

Spartan300,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

I got 2 Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery from them and they seem to be identical to the stock IQ battery. Haven't had any issues with the batteries and I charge them with a Nitecore i2 charger.

1 battery in the IQ + 2 spare batteries + external charger = never run out of power! :science:

I attempted to charge it using the same USB wall adapter I use with my FF2 -- nothing.

New cord -- nothing.

Still the same. I plug unit in - the led starts the "seeking charge" lights. Nothing ever "fills". That goes on as long as it's plugged in. Light on the power button and up/down buttons work. Nothing happens when you press any of them other than attempting to power on the unit. (When I check the paired app it always says the unit is "turned off".)

If I hit the power button while "charging" the unit seems to power on, then immediately resumes "charging" -- unplug the unit it is dead.

PM @Davinci_vaporizer IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

BigJr48,

almost there

New cord -- nothing.

@Spartan300 sorry to hear about your misfortune, I understand how crappy it is to be filled with excitement and have all your delight crushed, I really hope it's a battery issue. This is a pretty good hour to go on the davinci site and chat with a rep, I usually get thru at this time. Not that this is any consolation to you now but I've noticed Davinci does seem to act quicker when a unit completely is dead. Sending my IQ in tomorrow, just praying they won't send it right back to me after a couple of weeks saying there's no problems with it. I'm hoping and praying I'll get back a functioning or new unit because after coughing up $270 I'm not due for another toy for who knows how long. At least for me something good did result from all this fustration, I discovered the beauty, freedom and satisfaction of low tech vaping.

shaolinmilk

Took my IQ on vacation for a week in LA, and finally got to leave my Pax 2 at home, yay! What a difference it made; good flavor on the road, finally (afraid to travel with my MIGHTY). Schooled a bunch of college kids I found using a PAX. They filled a bowl in my IQ and were blown away. @Davinci, you should be getting new customers soon.....

Came home last night and immediately went back to my beloved Mighty, and was able to really compare.
First impression. It was over so fast!

Granted, I used a capsule, but the Mighty session was over in under 10 min. Needed a second capsule to "get there" With the IQ, I spend 10 minutes on low temp, the another 10 minutes at higher temps.
Sure, the hits on Mighty are more full throat, robust, but the IQ simply lasts longer.

Agreed. I use the vapir pads as a spacer; they work great, but are a total PITA to remove. I found myself waiting for a handicapped stall in the mens room, just so I could use the flip down baby diaper table to empty/reload. Felt like a junkie, lol I really hope davinci comes out with a capsule system to bypass having to use the poker, and brush, every time. Too many little pieces. We need a dump/reload system. Quick and easy is key.

So happy to see CarolKing here! You were so helpful to me on the Ascent page. Imo, the IQ really does hit better/taste better.
PS I looked for the other Carol King at NAMM, but she wasn't there ; )
All of my conduction vapes last longer than the Mighty especially the Pax 2. I swear I can get a 30 minute session from it if I wanted to... it keeps producing vapor even when the flavour is fully spent.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate

New cord -- nothing.

Just to be sure, ya know about the power button has to be pressed x5 to turn on and off?. I didn't recall seeing you mention this

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Yup. Unit is dead when unplugged. When plugged in I can press power on (5x) and it looks like it is powering up, but then immediately goes back to "charging".
There is a plastic tab on some batteries to maintain charge during shipping. Maybe a piece of clear plastic is on the negative terminal. Or maybe you have a bad battery. Can you buy another battery and charger? You will want them anyway.

Glass004,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

So got to say:
I got my vape on Fr and have been using it non-stop :D Went on vacation with friends and everyone loved it!. It is amazing until now really happy.
Regarding the battery. Will this fit?:
https://www.amazon.de/Panasonic-Akk...&ie=UTF8&qid=1485389543&sr=1-4&keywords=18650

Now it will be interesting how difficult it is to clean. How often do you clean the vape?
Make sure those batteries have the equivalent specs of the Sanyo battery the unit ships with.

BigJr48,

Nostalgia1

Yes, but the Pax 2 tastes horrible imo. I actually prefer the end of an IQ session to the beginning of a Pax 2 session. But yes it keeps going :)
Yeah the IQ tastes really good. I ditched my FW4 (kept combusting and was hard to share in groups) and my CFV (nothing wrong with it besides the battery life)

and I think the IQ tastes better than both of them, or as good as the convection vapes.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
The IQ definitely has better flavor than Pax2, I can't speak for other convection vapes but I would say the flavor is "different" not better or worse than the Grasshopper of Firefly 2, my two convection vapes.

If I had a preference between the three on flavor it's the grasshopper but it's a subjective choice and a close choice.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I clean mine 2 times a week

Great vid man!

Seems to be a PITA to clean all that. Personally, I don't like a (interior) design that offers so many gaps etc. where the resin can accumulate.
Additionally I'm a bit shocked that the coating is coming off... And I wonder where that has gone...inside the vape/bowl?:uhoh::o Is it supposed to be zirconia too?
Plus the hinge looks pretty green.. Could you clean that to like new?

Don't mean to critize for no reason, I don't own one. I only express my concern from your vid and what ppl. have reported.
Still watching from the sidelines - but too many factors to stay there and wait for a V2.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Great vid man!

Seems to be a PITA to clean all that. Personally, I don't like a (interior) design that offers so many gaps etc. where the resin can accumulate.
Additionally I'm a bit shocked that the coating is coming off... And I wonder where that has gone...inside the vape/bowl?:uhoh::o Is it supposed to be zirconia too?
Plus the hinge looks pretty green.. Could you clean that to like new?

Don't mean to critize for no reason, I don't own one. I only express my concern from your vid and what ppl. have reported.
Still watching from the sidelines - but too many factors to stay there and wait for a V2.

I wouldn't call it a PITA personally, you just have to be aware (there is only one challenging to reach point).

But tolerance for cleaning devices varies by person...plus I'm not OCD about cleaning at all...in fact I'm the opposite.

The coating that was chipping didn't go into the bowl or the load (at least I don't THINK it did).

I can see little flecks of it when I wipe it down after extended use in the 'soot' on the paper towel.

Plus the way the pearl sits in the bowl it would be hard for anything inbetween the gap of the pear and lid to make it into the load.

The hinges can be picked with the included tool and brushed with stiff bristles to free all debris that the hinge may have collected.

With the small plate of problems this device is having, I hear you on the wanting to wait part. (Oven failures, bowl cracks and post breaks... is all I saw, besides the easily reminded dead cell)
But with the amount of units they have been pumping out, I think the numbers aren't that big...

Personally, I'm glad I didn't and usually have a resident stealth conduction portable in rotation.

For this niche there is none better ATM.

Just the people who have had issues, feel the only way to get prompt replies is to voice their dissatisfaction loudly and frequently on social media outlets (given RMA return times *atm I can see where the desire originates).

Edit: the area that is chipping isn't zirconia and isn't advertised as such. (If I recall correctly)

vapen00b

Thanks for your reply, man!:tup:

With the small plate of problems this device is having, I hear you on the wanting to wait part. (Oven failures, bowl cracks and post breaks... is all I saw, besides the easily reminded dead cell)

Edit: the area that is chipping isn't zirconia and isn't advertised as such. (If I recall correctly)

Yeah, plus the general sentiment the unit runs too hot to the touch and CS in (great) need of improvement. An official oven spacer for micro doses and a freely adjustable/programmable boost temp and all of the aforementioned and I'm sold.
It would be my most expensive vape, so I'm not going to concede.. Just my .02.

Hope to jump in one day. :peace:

Edit: to your edit: What's that material? Maybe @Davinci_vaporizer could chime in? Is it safe to clean that part with ISO?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
IMR batteries.com has the best prices!

They are a great source! Also BatteryBro.com is another great site with quality batteries.

I got 2 Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery from them and they seem to be identical to the stock IQ battery. Haven't had any issues with the batteries and I charge them with a Nitecore i2 charger.

1 battery in the IQ + 2 spare batteries + external charger = never run out of power! :science:

This guy gets it :clap:

Sweet! First vacation with the IQ!!!!! Where abouts in LA did you visit? Did you see any smoke shops that carry the IQ that you can shout out!

I clean mine 2 times a week

Awesome vids as always!

I'm pretty sure DaVinci said the IQ will work with any vape rated at 10 amps or more. Or was it 8 amps? Regardless, the IQ will work with most 18650's out there.

10a battery or better. 8a or less will not work in the IQ.

Davinci_vaporizer,

vapen00b

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
OK....... GREAT NEWS.:clap::clap: I would like to report a 6 day RMA turnaround now at DaVinci CS. I just got the IQ shipment notification just now. DaVinci received my RMA IQ 6 days ago for oven failure. This represents a 66% faster turnaround, this performance is on par with my previous good DaVinci CS experiences.
If you have been holding off on a purchase with CS concerns, I would say that this performance is an indication the DaVinci now has more trained CS personnel. Now I gotta wait for snail mail to complete the deal.
Go ahead friend, you've been drooling over the IQ's sleek body long enough. Click the purchase button and get you some good :leaf: taste.
Now if someone would just pick up the phone:bang:

Top Bottom