Glass004

Consumer Advocate
sorry one more question if I may, do I send the battery also? If so do I leave it in the unit or take it out and wrap it in plastic? I'm a bit nervous what the rules and responsibilities are when sending out Li batteries.
I just shipped the batteries in my units The directions I was given did not mention any special precautions for the battery.
It does not appear that there is an improving trend at DaVinci for the RMA process. Two of us are waiting over three weeks for the RMA.
I am so disappointed with DaVinci after hearing how long another has waited, knowing I have another 3-4 weeks to wait assuming my RMA return gets there today. I bought two Ascents, so I would always have a working high tech vape while it is being replaced. Yeah, I'm spoiled by the IQ. It is that much better than my backup Ascent vaporizer.
It seems the only way to guarantee I always have a working IQ is to buy 2 or 3 of them. I wish .....

Last edited:

almost there

I just shipped the batteries in my units The directions I was given did not mention any special precautions for the battery.
It does not appear that there is an improving trend at DaVinci for the RMA process. Two of us are waiting over three weeks for the RMA.
I am so disappointed with DaVinci after hearing how long another has waited, knowing I have another 3-4 weeks to wait assuming my RMA return gets there today. I bought two Ascents, so I would always have a working high tech vape while it is being replaced. Yeah, I'm spoiled by the IQ. It is that much better than my backup Ascent vaporizer.
It seems the only way to guarantee I always have a working IQ is to buy 2 or 3 of them. I wish .....
Thanks again. I feel for you my friend and to all those that waited and will have to wait some more. I was dragging my ass in contacting Davinci for my RMA so for me it's my own personally delay. I have a unit that functions somewhat and gives results somewhat so for weeks I kept trying to figure out if it's the unit or is it me. Finally after almost a month of experimenting with grind sizes and load sizes I've come to the conclusion that my oven is not performing up to standard. The drastic temp drops, short battery life and wispy vapors finally motivated me enough to contact Davinci, they responded quickly and now I just learned from u and others that there's another long wait ahead. Makes me feel like I now need to go buy new vaporizer while I have my new vaporizer attended to, kind of a sick twist. Anyway just gotta keep cool and hope for the best. It'll all be worth it if I can finally have a functional unit that delivers.

Nostalgia1

What's the best method for the best vapors? When I first got this unit I was producing huge vapors, and now I'm barely producing any. I think I was packing it really tight before but the draw resistance was too much.

EDIT: btw how "tight" is too "tight"?

EDIT2: I think I know why now, it's because my chamber is half way now (half of the oven is showing) and before I'd fill it up. I think it's because of that space between the herb and the ball arent touching, its not producing any vapor. I think I need to get a "spacer"

Nostalgia1,

wingzero124

Well I've got mine arriving on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it but am now quite apprehensive after reading these problems with both the vaporizer and RMAs. I live in the UK so I expect it'll be even longer to sort out if there are problems. We'll see I guess. :\

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Well... It took 20 days from when I reported my rubber post breaking, until I recieved my new post an pearl in the mail.
Unfortunately after waiting quite patiently for a new rubber post, all I recieved was the pearl. They forgot my new rubber post, which was really the only part that I really needed.
I posted for people to be patient, and really tried taking my own advice. But now I'm pretty frustrated. Frustration will turn to pissed off if I have to wait another 20 days for my actual post to get to me.

craizen

@ Splorgle

I feel your frustration. I really do. I feel everyones frustration in this thread. I am currently going through the exact same thing.

Sorry for the rant below, but I thought I would post an update for any future buyers/current owners. In reference to my post on page 39. I had received an IQ with a damaged zirconium pearl. It had scuff marks and had been chipped. I had contacted DV the same day I received my IQ, December 22nd. I received an email the following day from Tim saying they are sending an replacement pearl. Three weeks later no package and no shipment details so I ended up emailing them again.

Finally, one month later I had received my replacement and message saying it shipped. Unfortunately they didn't send me a replacement pearl. What I did get was a USB Car Charger... :|. I haven't had this vape for a full month yet and things seems to be already off to a shaky start. I sent an email to Tim asking if replacement parts for the IQ are typically this long. I really hope not. I'll reply if/when he responds.

And you know what makes this even worse. The last email Tim sent me stated that the zirconium pearls are on BACKORDER. Now I don't know when I'll get the replacement part. I am really contemplating if I should keep this vape. Having to wait (over/more than a month) I am not sure how long to get a replacement part is a bit excessive.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
@Glass004
Two hours ago I received a email from CS apologizing for the delay and a link to a pre shipment label, finally a sign of hope.
On the same timeline I got an email notifying me of my IQ's arrival at DaVinci. This is notable as it is the very first such notification like this I have ever received. Hearing of your coinciding notifications, I am hopeful the squeaky wheel is being oiled. People read this influencial forum and are stating that their buying an IQ is adversely influenced by CS problems. They are wise.

I still have my patience. I would love to report RMA progress. It is important that the CS response time history is updated by us to aid the decision process of those hoping to buy an IQ. Stay patient and let us hear about progress or lack of progress.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yikes, I was so stoked to add another conduction vape to the arsenal. On second thought, Ill have to pass. I cannot stand subpar customer service. Hope things turn around over here. Until then, I'll be keeping a watchful eye.
I wouldn't let that scare you off. The customer service is slow NOW, as it was at the ascents release.

A couple months down the line when they are not swamped the turnaround time will be faster.

It's a great vape with a couple bugs...keep in mind most are upset because they love the vape and don't have access to it.

V-A-S...V-A-S!

BMvape

I am in the camp that decided to send my IQ in for service due to the cracks/seams in the oven. For those keeping track, it took 2 days from my chat inquiry to receive an RMA. Does anyone know if they actually change out the oven or just replace the units for this issue?

So I am back to using my Ascent that hasn't been touched since I got the IQ a month ago. It was nice to use it again since we've had 2 years of good times with no issues. It does feel like a beast compared to the IQ. My initial thoughts after using it for the first time since the IQ arrived - I think the first hit on the Ascent is still untouchable as far as flavor. The IQ is real close, but it feels like you get just a bit more on that first hit. As far as the whole session goes, and as most have said, the IQ keeps the flavor good the entire time. So i would take that trade off, 95% of the flavor for 100% of the time.

I took advantage of my rewards and got the Honeybird Combo for the cost of shipping. Should be here in a couple days. For those who have both, is it possible to use the Honeybird with the Ascent with no additional parts? I have an Ascent stem that was cracked so was hoping the HB could slip over that somehow. Would like to try this thing out before the 3-4 weeks before I comes back.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I am in the camp that decided to send my IQ in for service due to the cracks/seams in the oven. For those keeping track, it took 2 days from my chat inquiry to receive an RMA. Does anyone know if they actually change out the oven or just replace the units for this issue?

So I am back to using my Ascent that hasn't been touched since I got the IQ a month ago. It was nice to use it again since we've had 2 years of good times with no issues. It does feel like a beast compared to the IQ. My initial thoughts after using it for the first time since the IQ arrived - I think the first hit on the Ascent is still untouchable as far as flavor. The IQ is real close, but it feels like you get just a bit more on that first hit. As far as the whole session goes, and as most have said, the IQ keeps the flavor good the entire time. So i would take that trade off, 95% of the flavor for 100% of the time.

I took advantage of my rewards and got the Honeybird Combo for the cost of shipping. Should be here in a couple days. For those who have both, is it possible to use the Honeybird with the Ascent with no additional parts? I have an Ascent stem that was cracked so was hoping the HB could slip over that somehow. Would like to try this thing out before the 3-4 weeks before I comes back.
Two days for an RMA is better performance than my 5 day prior struggle, but I have gotten them right away when CS talked to you in the phone.

Your experience with the IQ going back to the Ascent is spot on to mine however my two IQs only worked for 6-7 days each.

Wasn't that a generous deal from DaVinci, us getting Honeybird essentially for free? I really liked it on my IQ in conjunction with an extra pearl spacer. It will not fit unaltered Ascent stem because of the lip on the end. If you can score the stem with a 3 corner file and break off a small portion with the lip, the Honeybird adapter will fit just on the Ascent stem just like the IQ stem .

Nostalgia1

My vape works perfectly fine, but it gets too hot, I can never finish a 10 minute session, it'll get "unbearable" around 5-6mins into the session. It becomes "bearable" after I wrap it around a clean sock or something.

I want to RMA this, but thinking I should endure it for awhile until the CS gets better or something...

BigJr48

Two days for an RMA is better performance than my 5 day prior struggle, but I have gotten them right away when CS talked to you in the phone.

Your experience with the IQ going back to the Ascent is spot on to mine however my two IQs only worked for 6-7 days each.

Wasn't that a generous deal from DaVinci, us getting Honeybird essentially for free? I really liked it on my IQ in conjunction with an extra pearl spacer. It will not fit unaltered Ascent stem because of the lip on the end. If you can score the stem with a 3 corner file and break off a small portion with the lip, the Honeybird adapter will fit just on the Ascent stem just like the IQ stem .
To my suprise my RMA IQ finally arrived today, thank you USPS!!!
I had to retreive my Flowermate V5.0S while I charging up the batteries for my Arizer Air, for the next few weeks. I really like the Air but it's just the draw resistance that makes it unpleasing for me to use, if it only had a better draw resistance I would have never bought the IQ. I will be unboxing the IQ later today, just wanted one more tasteful session with the Arizer Air.

My vape works perfectly fine, but it gets too hot, I can never finish a 10 minute session, it'll get "unbearable" around 5-6mins into the session. It becomes "bearable" after I wrap it around a clean sock or something.

I want to RMA this, but thinking I should endure it for awhile until the CS gets better or something...
That's the same reason why I started a RMA, but now I'm going to look for a silicone sleeve (like most mods come with) or even a silicone 1" wristbands to put around the unit so that I can finsih a session without any heating discomfort.

Last edited by a moderator:

almost there

I had to retreive my Flowermate V5.0S while I charging up the batteries for my Arizer Air, for the next few weeks. I really like the Air but it's just the draw resistance that makes it unpleasing for me to use, if it only had a better draw resistance I would have never bought the IQ. I will be unboxing the IQ later today, just wanted one more tasteful session with the Arizer Air.

That's the same reason why I started a RMA, but now I'm going to look for a silicone sleeve (like most mods come with) or even a silicone 1" wristbands to put around the unit so that I can finsih a session without any heating discomfort.
I feel kinda dumb to ask this but does an RMA come with physical paperwork? All I got was a RMA number in an email with some instructions, there was nothing under the RMA section of my account in the DAVinci site either when I checked. I was thinking to just send my unit back with the email printout

almost there,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I feel kinda dumb to ask this but does an RMA come with physical paperwork? All I got was a RMA number in an email with some instructions, there was nothing under the RMA section of my account in the DAVinci site either when I checked. I was thinking to just send my unit back with the email printout
Not dumb, just new to RMA
Write a note with name, address, RMA#, and the problem. Put note in box. Bubble wrap IQ. I like USPS small sized "ships it fits" boxes ($6.95). Place the RMA# on the box and mailing label.
When you get a tracking number, reply to the RMA email and give them the number.
Practice breathing and perhaps calm enlightenment will get you in tune to CS.

almost there

Not dumb, just new to RMA
Write a note with name, address, RMA#, and the problem. Put note in box. Bubble wrap IQ. I like USPS small sized "ships it fits" boxes ($6.95). Place the RMA# on the box and mailing label.
When you get a tracking number, reply to the RMA email and give them the number.
Practice breathing and perhaps calm enlightenment will get you in tune to CS.
Thank you kindly, good luck to you and everyone else in this plight.

jay87

@Davinci_vaporizer Here's what I love about the IQ and what I wish was improved to create my perfect vaporizer.

IQ Pros:

• Design and Build Quality:
The best part of the IQ by far is the metal case and form factor. It fits perfect in the hand and is near indestructible.
The Zirconia is also incredibly important for this vaporizer to ensure that parts aren't broken easily and the flavor is great because of the vapor path material.

• Performance:
Removable battery, isolated vapor path, precision temperature, very good vapor production. All of those are my most important factors and the IQ delivers on all fronts. :tup:

IQ Areas For Improvement:

• The Heating Method:
The oven technology on the IQ is very good, however I think the IQ has maxed out the potential of the ceramic conduction heater. It works great but some new heater technology could very well make the "IQ2" my dream vaporizer.

If I had a vaporizer with the body of the IQ and a heater the likes of the Grasshopper/Firefly 2/Milaana/Mighty it might be the cure to my VAS... (at least for a little while ;))

• Unloading The Oven:

So I'll start off by saying that loading the IQ is perfect, very easy, clean and satisfying. That said, unloading the IQ is the opposite. For me unloading can be messy and annoying.

The IQ pick tool is invaluable but the IQ oven is so deep the tool doesn't reach deep enough to get all of the material out of the oven which makes me have to dig around a lot which runs the risk of my burning my fingers and I have to make them smelly as well. A more effective tool to unload the oven and clean the stuck debris would be a godsend.

The positioning of the 4 air holes in the IQ oven make it so I cannot just blow through the vaporizer to clear the oven ala my Vapcap. This ties in with the heater technology but if there were more numerous smaller air holes in the heater I believe unloading could be made much easier.

• Cleaning the IQ:

Cleaning of the IQ is not terrible but it is definitely not the best vaporizer I've had as far as cleaning goes.

The biggest cleaning issue I run into is the infamous area in-between the flavor chamber and the oven. This area can be cleaned but it will continually build up residue that will eventually require a deep cleaning.

Another cleaning issue I run into is that the "corners" or the bottom of the oven seem to hold small pieces of material that I can only really remove using a needle as the IQ tool is a bit too thick to get into the corners.

My perfect dream vaporizer includes a vapor path that can be removed and cleaned in it's entirety. The IQ is 90% of the way there, the only problems are the area underneath the flavor chamber oring and the depths of the oven.

Overall: 9/10

The IQ is the definition of solid an delivers on all fronts. I think the IQ is the best version of a portable conduction vaporizer that I've seen to date and it delivers in all areas. It's very very close to being perfect but there are a few minor kinks that just hold it back from perfection.

I think the IQ is the prototype for the perfect portable vaporizer, it's not quite perfect but it comes damn close.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It might be better to use both at the same setting (here it would be 410 since the Mighty can't run hotter).

Nostalgia1

How is your new RMAed IQ? Does it still as hot or is it less now?

And let me know if you find a case/holder for it.
I can't vape all of my weed within 5 minutes, and having to turn it off at 5 minutes and having to wait another 5-10mins for it to cool down just to turn it back on again to finish my weed is kind of time consuming, a 10 minute "task" turns out to be a 25 minute "task". It's also a waste of battery (Heating it up, cooling it down, and heating it up again just for ONE bowl instead of it staying at a consistent temp for 10 minutes)

You can also avoid the heat by holding the top and bottom of the vape only, but it seems like you can drop it easily like that.

EDIT: is the RMAed IQ a brand new device with retail packaging or do they just send you the device only in bubble wrap?

Last edited:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
How is your new RMAed IQ? Does it still as hot or is it less now?

And let me know if you find a case/holder for it.
I can't vape all of my weed within 5 minutes, and having to turn it off at 5 minutes and having to wait another 5-10mins for it to cool down just to turn it back on again to finish my weed is kind of time consuming, a 10 minute "task" turns out to be a 25 minute "task". It's also a waste of battery (Heating it up, cooling it down, and heating it up again just for ONE bowl instead of it staying at a consistent temp for 10 minutes)

You can also avoid the heat by holding the top and bottom of the vape only, but it seems like you can drop it easily like that.

EDIT: is the RMAed IQ a brand new device with retail packaging or do they just send you the device only in bubble wrap?
With the Ascent, DaVinci always sent a new retail package for 4 Ascents I returned there. They reserve the right to repair or replace with repaired units. The one RMA 'd IQ came new in a retail box.
A few pages back I posted pics of an IQ wrapped in a leather strap. That worked so well I never considered sending back RMA because of heat issues, until the ovens crashed.. Both of my IQs ran hot.

Nostalgia1

With the Ascent, DaVinci always sent a new retail package for 4 Ascents I returned there. They reserve the right to repair or replace with repaired units. The one RMA 'd IQ came new in a retail box.
A few pages back I posted pics of an IQ wrapped in a leather strap. That worked so well I never considered sending back RMA because of heat issues, until the ovens crashed.. Both of my IQs ran hot.

Good to know thanks. I'm asking because of the accessories that come in a retail box would be nice to have extras of.

Suggestion to make DaVinci RMA Quicker (Cross-shipping)

Offer the customer to have a payment hold of the value of the DaVinci Vape, and send them a brand new vaporizer. The customer then will send their old/defective one back. One they do, their payment hold will be lifted, but if they don't ship back the defective vape within let's say 30 days, they will be charged the value of the vaporizer. (That means after 30 days, they will OWN a working vape and a non working vape)

I had this idea because something happened to my graphics card and EVGA "cross-shipped" me a replacement graphics card first, so I installed the replacement graphics card and shipped back the defective graphics card. So there wasn't a day that I was without a working graphics card (The defective graphics mostly worked).

Please like if you agree something like this should be offered.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom