Spartan300

I've really got to thank everyone for their suggestions concerning my forever charging IQ!!! I literally took every suggestion on its own weight and ultimately determined it was a faulty device. I contacted the vendor (a small well equipt local smoke shop) and showed him the problem. With no argument he swapped out the unit after trying three different batteries. That all over with I'm elated with the IQ!!! Still getting to know each other, but it's easy, smart and really killer elegant. The hits (at the 2nd smart path setting) and flavor are mighty. As they say, "so far, so good!" Again, can't give enough thanks to everyone.

Southern Chef

I've really got to thank everyone for their suggestions concerning my forever charging IQ!!! I literally took every suggestion on its own weight and ultimately determined it was a faulty device. I contacted the vendor (a small well equipt local smoke shop) and showed him the problem. With no argument he swapped out the unit after trying three different batteries. That all over with I'm elated with the IQ!!! Still getting to know each other, but it's easy, smart and really killer elegant. The hits (at the 2nd smart path setting) and flavor are mighty. As they say, "so far, so good!" Again, can't give enough thanks to everyone.
That's awesome. Welcome to the IQ club.

Nostalgia1

Glad you got a good experience in the end. Was smart of you going back to the vender.

BigJr48

@Davinci_vaporizer BatteryBro.com requires a minimum order of 50, ships from Japan and takes about 3 weeks for delivery, while IMRbatteries.com there is no minimum, ships from Tx and takes 3-5 days for delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Anyone else break the pearl post ? No issues unscrewing it !! Started to get floppy after the first week and noticed a tear at the base .
I would go ahead and get a replacement for both the pearl and post. That piece of the post inside of the pearl will be hard to extract per previous post. My post tore as well. I've vowed not to mess with it and just clean up around it rather than disassembly.

Glass004,
Reactions: BigJr48

Coppersmith

I would go ahead and get a replacement for both the pearl and post. That piece of the post inside of the pearl will be hard to extract per previous post. My post tore as well. I've vowed not to mess with it and just clean up around it rather than disassembly.
Thanx for the advice ! Davici says they have none .

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer As you've seen his video - any chance to shed some light on this? :)

The plate that holds the pearl is just polished stainless steel. Looks like the polish in that area has scuffed and lost it's shine.

OK....... GREAT NEWS.:clap::clap: I would like to report a 6 day RMA turnaround now at DaVinci CS. I just got the IQ shipment notification just now. DaVinci received my RMA IQ 6 days ago for oven failure. This represents a 66% faster turnaround, this performance is on par with my previous good DaVinci CS experiences.
If you have been holding off on a purchase with CS concerns, I would say that this performance is an indication the DaVinci now has more trained CS personnel. Now I gotta wait for snail mail to complete the deal.
Go ahead friend, you've been drooling over the IQ's sleek body long enough. Click the purchase button and get you some good :leaf: taste.
Now if someone would just pick up the phone:bang:

Doing everything we can to improve. As I have mentioned before we have upped our staff strength in our CS department. The fruits of that are now starting to show.

Awesome! Glad that was able to get resolved for you quickly. In need of any other tips and tricks? I would suggest tying out some of the smart paths and getting a feel for what the IQ can really do.

@Davinci_vaporizer
Thanks for allowing to keep the USB charger and for looking into the replacement pearl for me.

Update about the damaged pearl (from pg39 and pg55). Just recieved my replacement today, January 26th. Awesome. Replacement pearl looks prestige. :) Thanks for quick turn around about getting it shipped out so quick.

Cheers!

No problem. Just glad you have all the parts and pieces you need to have a great session with your IQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nostalgia1

how come people are complaining about their ovens getting dirty? been using for two weeks and the oven is still white and clean looking.

EDIT: anyone know how I can make warm milk with my flavor chamber like how people have been doing on their glass stems? are there instructions anywhere? i have never done it before.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
how come people are complaining about their ovens getting dirty? been using for two weeks and the oven is still white and clean looking.

EDIT: anyone know how I can make warm milk with my flavor chamber like how people have been doing on their glass stems? are there instructions anywhere? i have never done it before.
Hot chocolate works better just make sure it's hot as possible and drop the flavor chamber in until clean and drink the hot chocolate afterward...easy-peasy

Keep in mind Magic Erasers leave melamine foam dust behind, and it's not great to breathe in. An alcohol swab probably grabs most to all of it but it's worth considering.
Microscopic dust? Because it doesn't leave behind anything that's visible to the eye.

I do understand the concern and do my best to avoid it!

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Does anyone even know what chemical is inside a magic eraser? Works too well to be safe....
Formaldehyde Melamine Sodium Bisulfate Copolymer is the name but the formaldehyde is part of the chemical structure of magic erasers. There is no free formaldehyde. But consider the question, does 430F cause a chemical reaction producing free formaldehyde in the oven? Does ISO use add anything to the chemical equation?
Beats me:shrug:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Does anyone even know what chemical is inside a magic eraser? Works too well to be safe....
from what i understand the magic eraser is like a mixture between a sponge and sandpaper im not sure if its an actual chemical reaction that gets things clean even though its made from chemicals

but im smashed now so if this sounds crazy forgive me!

CheebaChiefer

from what i understand the magic eraser is like a mixture between a sponge and sandpaper im not sure if its an actual chemical reaction that gets things clean even though its made from chemicals

but im smashed now so if this sounds crazy forgive me!
Magic eraser, composed of Melamine foam is a hydrophilic abrasive. Water turns the sponge material into a abrasive like sandpaper, but with no loose grit. From what I understand the cleaning ability is due to that abrasiveness not a chemical process.

stoneloc

Microscopic dust? Because it doesn't leave behind anything that's visible to the eye.

I do understand the concern and do my best to avoid it!

It gets smaller when you use it, so it went somewhere. The problem is that if some is left behind, it's a glass-like particle and fairly resilient to breaking down. Those sorts of things tend to be what cause lung issues.

That said, it probably does wash away so it's not a huge deal, but I try to be really conscious of what I put in the vapor path so figure I should mention it (if only for others).

Last edited:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Ya know that a brown oven works just as well as a white oven. I have used an Ascent ceramic oven for over a year without ISO cleaning.
95% of my cleaning was with a cotton cloth while the vap was hot.
The IQ has a smaller but similar oven to the Ascent. While I do use ISO on its oven, I never worry about being perfectly white.
I am old enough to have seen many substances we used commonly in the 50's turn out to be very toxic. As the sponge shrinks, the chemical particals are left. The substance has not been vetted as safe for this type of use. Unless you are smart enough to draw out a proper chemical equation inclusive of ISO and heat, you can't be sure what chemical is present in your lungs after use. Heat can cause chemical reactions resulting in changes to the substance's chemical structure. Microscopic "glass like" particles remind me of asbestos commonly used in the 40's and 50's as a safe building material, as a fireproof exterior outer wall shingle.
Your body, your choice. Is it ethical to promote its use as such if you do not have the knowledge to know for sure that it is safe.?

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Magic eraser, composed of Melamine foam is a hydrophilic abrasive. Water turns the sponge material into a abrasive like sandpaper, but with no loose grit. From what I understand the cleaning ability is due to that abrasiveness not a chemical process.
Okay then...so my speculations were correct.
It gets smaller when you use it, so it went somewhere. The problem is that if some is left behind, it's a glass-like particle and fairly resilient to breaking down. Those sorts of things tend to be what cause lung issues.

That said, it probably does wash away so it's not a huge deal, but I try to be really conscious of what I put in the vapor path so figure I should mention it (if only for others).
I think it's structurally set up a certain way and when you use it, your braking down those structures causing the sponge to go flat.

Vaporcussion

My app keeps making a tritone sound when I turn on, or reach temp, or change smart paths. Where/how do you shut that off? Have iPhone 6, thanks

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom