Bruvapor

Do you mean 0.04? Or can the oven really hold 0.4????
That's nearly half a gram....
Is the iq a hungry herb eater???

Remember that I was using a pretty coarse grind... and on that second session (yes, 0.4g!) tamped it down pretty tight as I was loading. 0.3-0.4g seems to work quite well for the strain I currently have.

Still yet to try a fine grind and/or a tampered puck microdose.

nacho257

Do you mean 0.04? Or can the oven really hold 0.4????
That's nearly half a gram....
Is the iq a hungry herb eater???
This vape does have a big bowl, and while spacers are coming it doesn't bother me because the herb lasts a long time in the bowl.

I get three sessions out of each bowl, maybe 7-10 draws each with a very full bowl of 0.4-0.5 very finely ground. Gets me BOOSTED three times, I consider it worth it.

I also can get one/2 more rips if I put the ABV in my Daisy/underdog. For a portable conduction vape, I'd say it's average on efficiency. Nothing special, but not crazy in my book.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
And this is why I'm starting to think about not buying it. Had an issue like this with another company and I'm not giving my money to any company that doesn't have a good CS.

100% my feelings... (Had two failing ascents,painful story, swore to never come back to that built quality level..)

But I'm still hoping for good micro dosing options and efficiency. Also the option to set max boost temp per app.
It's gonna be an expensive conduction toy - but it has to tick these boxes for that price. Still in the fence.

DVision44

Ordered Nov 20 and received my IQ yesterday. First impressions... This thing is awesome! The flavor is ridiculous, the design and feel are nice, and I like the vapor path concept... (Although the preset 3 and 4 options aren't necessary for me.) The unit gets warm but not too hot to touch. Actually makes for a good hand warmer also.. Lol. I don't measure my doses. I just fill the chamber to the top, shut the top to allow the pearl to push the material down, top off, then shut the top again. The battery charged pretty quickly in my Nitecore and the life is much better than my Crafty. This will be my new goto vape with my Grasshopper getting occasional use.

I'm kinda surprised to hear about the CS issues. I had issues with my Ascent when they were released and the return and exchange went very smoothly.

b0

Cloudy...
100% my feelings... (Had two failing ascents,painful story, swore to never come back to that built quality level..)

But I'm still hoping for good micro dosing options and efficiency. Also the option to set max boost temp per app.
It's gonna be an expensive conduction toy - but it has to tick these boxes for that price. Still in the fence.

Same here mate, really interested in this little vape. There are only 2 things that I don't like/bother me: 1 bad CS reputation (I don't care about justifications or excuses, If I spend close to 300$ in a premium vaporizer I want PREMIUM CS) and that the air path looks like a pain in the ass to clean.

Looks like the perfect conduction vape for me but I'm gonna wait until January to decide, need to see more of this vapes out there and more HONEST reviews. ATM it feels like is between this and pax3, we will see what happens in the end...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I packed the hell out of mine the other day with whole nugs. Pearl fully extended and jam packed. But I couldn't get any air flow so I emptied it and weighed it...0.35g.

But I'm still hoping for good micro dosing options and efficiency.

I've yet to have a conduction vape that I thought was satisfying with smaller loads. What kind of options are you hoping for?

that the air path looks like a pain in the ass to clean

Unless you're referring to the space below the oven, it's pretty easy as it all comes out for an ISO bath. The Flavor Chamber makes reclaim pretty easy so it isn't wasted.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I packed the hell out of mine the other day with whole nugs. Pearl fully extended and jam packed. But I couldn't get any air flow so I emptied it and weighed it...0.35g.

I've yet to have a conduction vape that I thought was satisfying with smaller loads. What kind of options are you hoping for?

Unless you're referring to the space below the oven, it's pretty easy as it all comes out for an ISO bath. The Flavor Chamber makes reclaim pretty easy so it isn't wasted.

<0.1g -> rather 0.05g
Yeah, that's microdosing.

Would love to have that vaped well in the IQ. I'd be tempted to hop on, if that worked fine.

vapen00b,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I just ordered one of these last night. Been out of the vape market for a few years, still using original Vapir NO2, which I still like.

On the DaVinci site, they have the 10mm to 14mm zirconia "adaptor" and the clear "water adaptor." Does the zirconia adaptor attach to a separate water pipe and the water adaptor have its own reservoir of water? This seems to be what's going on, but I'm not used to this new fangled vape stuff. I could totally see throwing that clear thing on top if it has it's own water supply.

Hey there, the Zirconia 10mm adapter and extended mouthpiece is a 10mm male joint that can be plugged directly into a 10mm female water pipe. We also sell an adapter that converts the 10mm male joint to a 14mm male joint so you can adapt to 14mm female water pipes that are more common.

Just received mine, will test ASAP.
It may have already been mentioned, but this may have the nicest shopping container of any vape I've gotten. I remember loving the Indica's shipping container, I think it was a little wooden crate.
But this came in a full blown wine box.
Way classy!
Fingers and chest hairs crossed that the performance matches the styling!

EDIT:
Happy to say, so far, a winner. Quick first impression on Setting 3, filled to the brim, and packed:
-Quick heat up time.
-GREAT flavor.
-Vapor starts quite cool and heats up with the draw.
-Unit never got too hot to hold.
-Surprisingly even extraction for the deep bowl. I didn't stir but you might get another draw or two with a stir.
-There's a bit of draw resistance, as opposed to say the Crafty, but I believe that's due to the tight pack. It was not a negative.
-Small and solid(easily palmed). As cool to hold in hand as expected, like the smaller Phaser on Classic Star Trek.
-Illuminated Digital readout is a neat touch.
-With a toothpick, the bowl was clear and clean in moments.

Beats my PAX 1, and will likely knock my Crafty out of it's place, as long as the battery lasts a bit.
This may sit on the shelf next to the Grasshopper as the current state of the art portable. It may in fact, beat it, due to it's cool design.
Just have to get to know it a bit more.

Great review! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your IQ so far!

is it ok to plug in my iq to the wall using an apple iphone wall outlet and the davinci usb chord?

Yes! One of the beautiful things about the IQ is that you can use any Micro USB cable and USB AC brick.

Any info on the accuracy of the temp. set vs. actual temp. in the oven when heating? I noticed when the oven is cold(not used since hours, room temp. 70F) and I check the app(device turned off, but connected), it shows the lowest temp. around 100F. As I see it measures 30F too much than the actual temp should be.

The temperature prob is not ac accurate when the unit is turned off because the rate in which the vaporizer communicates with the App when powered down is slower.

Is there a noticeable difference in the temperature of the vapor between Ascent and IQ? Just wondering if the claims that the ceramic zirconia air path cools the vapor. My unit won't be here until Friday, but would assume the vape distance traveled is shorter in the IQ, and if the flavor chamber is left empty, there is nothing to slow the vapor down through its journey to the mouthpiece.

The flavor chamber helps cool the vapor before inhalation by having the vapor leave the oven and expand as it enters the large flavor chamber and then it again has to contract before it exits and enters the mouthpiece and then get's inhaled. That process of expanding and constricting helps cool the vapor before inhalation.

Be careful when twisting off the pearl, it's definitely possible to rip off the rubber post if you aren't careful.

Here's a tip: When unscrewing the pearl go slowly and push down on the post while you unscrew so the pearl is forced to move more and the post won't twist and break off.

Also if you loosen the pearl too much and it comes off it can be a bit difficult to thread it back on the right way, put just a tiny bit of water on the post and it makes the rubber threads slide easier into the pearl.

Great tips for pearl care!

Does anyone know where the aromatherapy products went on the DaVinci site? I noticed they disappeared recently. Was hoping to spend some of the store credit there. The page is still accessible: http://www.davincivaporizer.com/aromatherapy/

@Davinci_vaporizer ?

We actually sold out of the herbs. We will have it back up and available shortly!

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
{Sorry if some of these replies are a tad stale, but personal policy of not replying to a thread until I am caught up, and I just caught up. Pardon my lack of timeliness...}

Longer than 10 minutes? Finally my kind of vaper lol I usually find myself turning the IQ back on for a second session.

When I say "session vaporist" I mean *SESSION*. With the Ascent I could sip the duration of an american television drama (~44min once commercials are removed).

I don't rip...
I sip.

Thinking of buying a glass bead to act as an additional pearl. Can anyone see an issue with this?

10mm chezch durk clear glass pearls.

I might have to summon @OF here, but we had A LOT of conversations about glass beads and flowers back then in the Ascent thread. And I can't remember what the issue was, but I clearly do remember that there was something wrong when using random glass beads found online. Lead content or something?.

@KeroZen is correct.

There are issues with unknown glazes or coatings on the glass. Also, I see the word "Czech" in there, and from the time I've spent there, they are known for their crystal a.k.a. Lead Glass which is oft used in ornamental items. [EDIT: Also the word "pearl" raises and eyebrow... a clear glass sphere normally isn't called a pearl. Could be a coating or something else in it that makes it more than just "clear glass".]

So, just know what you are using. Don't just eBay something and expect it to be safe for a use it was never intended for.

is it ok to plug in my iq to the wall using an apple iphone wall outlet and the davinci usb chord?

"The wonderful thing about standards, is that there are so many to choose from." [EDIT: more than one person has said this. Great minds...etc etc]

USB is a standard. The major end-user issue that people run into is higher demand items (first only tablets, but now phones) have a higher amp requirement. Being backwards compatible (standard), normally don't run into higher requirement modern devices that wouldn't charge on the lesser output. (China will prove me wrong on this. Because China.) But the major detriment isn't non-functionality, but just time.

and there was a fingerprint on top of the battery door .

IIRC, there are issues involving shipping items connected to batteries. (e.g., server-grade UPSs have deliberately shipped with the batt disconnected) I would SUSPECT that the units come from the factory without batteries in place to cross oceans and international borders (and datelines!). MY GUESS is that the batts are added prior to customer ship.

As per the missing part, I suspect the person putting the battery in is not the same person, but then they wouldn't be looking at that part anyway?? Meh... stuff like that will happen on rare occasion. Sorry it happened to you, as that part helps maintain an even airflow and moderates the temp of the vapor as it hits your throat, but I hope you have a replacement part in hand very quickly!

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
{Sorry if some of these replies are a tad stale, but personal policy of not replying to a thread until I am caught up, and I just caught up. Pardon my lack of timeliness...}

When I say "session vaporist" I mean *SESSION*. With the Ascent I could sip the duration of an american television drama (~44min once commercials are removed).

I don't rip...
I sip.

@KeroZen is correct.

There are issues with unknown glazes or coatings on the glass. Also, I see the word "Czech" in there, and from the time I've spent there, they are known for their crystal a.k.a. Lead Glass which is oft used in ornamental items. [EDIT: Also the word "pearl" raises and eyebrow... a clear glass sphere normally isn't called a pearl. Could be a coating or something else in it that makes it more than just "clear glass".]

So, just know what you are using. Don't just eBay something and expect it to be safe for a use it was never intended for.

"The wonderful thing about standards, is that there are so many to choose from." [EDIT: more than one person has said this. Great minds...etc etc]

USB is a standard. The major end-user issue that people run into is higher demand items (first only tablets, but now phones) have a higher amp requirement. Being backwards compatible (standard), normally don't run into higher requirement modern devices that wouldn't charge on the lesser output. (China will prove me wrong on this. Because China.) But the major detriment isn't non-functionality, but just time.

IIRC, there are issues involving shipping items connected to batteries. (e.g., server-grade UPSs have deliberately shipped with the batt disconnected) I would SUSPECT that the units come from the factory without batteries in place to cross oceans and international borders (and datelines!). MY GUESS is that the batts are added prior to customer ship.

As per the missing part, I suspect the person putting the battery in is not the same person, but then they wouldn't be looking at that part anyway?? Meh... stuff like that will happen on rare occasion. Sorry it happened to you, as that part helps maintain an even airflow and moderates the temp of the vapor as it hits your throat, but I hope you have a replacement part in hand very quickly!

I never saw or tasted any off-gassing, but have stopped using the glass beads just encase.

My thoughts on the IQ:

This thing pumps out a surprising amount of vapor no matter how you pack it.

Been mostly using the the flat mouthpiece but it did become blocked with herb in use. Herb can fly all the way through the vapor chamber and block the mouthpiece. With the flat mouthpiece this vape is the stealthiest vape i have ever owned. Even with the straw one its pretty sly.

The vapor is always smooth and comes in surprising quantites. The taste is ok but nothing special. Maybe i say this because i have just sold my FF2 to buy this.

After the FF2 that was picky and not aways easy to get good clouds the IQ is the exact opposite. It makes smooth clouds at ease. No learning curve.

The oven is crying out for a spacer. Its just a little too big for one person. If packed lose the herb is more prone to blocking the mouthpiece.

I have not really used smartpaths. I prefer to manually change the temp when vapor tails off. No effort really. Smart paths sounded like a good idea but not sure how much i would use them.

Can charge 4 18650s with my nitecore d4 charger - awesome.

Just tried the straw mouthpiece - airflow a lot better.

Overall i am very happy with my purchase. The IQ is a no fuss workhorse. Makes vapor easy.

Adobewan

{Sorry if some of these replies are a tad stale, but personal policy of not replying to a thread until I am caught up, and I just caught up. Pardon my lack of timeliness...}...

Thought I was the only one. I'm almost OCD about it.

I...The oven is crying out for a spacer. Its just a little too big for one person. If packed lose the herb is more prone to blocking the mouthpiece.

...Just tried the straw mouthpiece - airflow a lot better....

I agree about the spacer. The unit is becoming my favorite, but to be able to do a quick, small chamber via a spacer would be a big plus.

By straw mouthpiece do you mean the water adapter mouthpiece?

ajlong12

Hey guys,

Well after 3 years of daily use, my Inhalater XP seems to be dying. After much research I decided this morning to pre-order a Da Vinci IQ (Stealth finish). Much to my pleasant surprise I just got the Shipping confirmation e-mail, about 5 hours after my order!

I was prepared to wait for a while after reading this thread, but it seems they must be caught up with fulfilling the pre-orders as of now :)

I was very happy with my Inhalater XP as my first portable herb vape, and almost went with the new Inhalater. After reading and watching so many positive reviews on the Da Vinci, I decided to take a chance with conduction!

Thanks for all the input, this forum has been very helpful. :D

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey guys,

Well after 3 years of daily use, my Inhalater XP seems to be dying. After much research I decided this morning to pre-order a Da Vinci IQ (Stealth finish). Much to my pleasant surprise I just got the Shipping confirmation e-mail, about 5 hours after my order!

I was prepared to wait for a while after reading this thread, but it seems they must be caught up with fulfilling the pre-orders as of now :)

I was very happy with my Inhalater XP as my first portable herb vape, and almost went with the new Inhalater. After reading and watching so many positive reviews on the Da Vinci, I decided to take a chance with conduction!

Thanks for all the input, this forum has been very helpful. :D

Hey there! Welcome to the DaVinci Family!!!! Yes we have caught up on pre-orders for the colors Stealth, Blue, and Copper. Gun Metal is a little behind but will be caught up by next week!

jdot23

Been using my iq for about a week not and have been getting some mixed results. Some bowls I get massive clouds and others I don't. I don't pack it any dif or use a different temperature. If Im not getting any noticeable clouds I'll stir it and maybe get one to two but then back to nothing. Anyone know where I'm making a mistake or if there is a problem with my unit? Thanks for the help

Wfreddy05

Mine does the same exact thing. I can't go a single 10 minute session without it getting too hot to hold. It honestly makes me afraid to put it near my face.
Just got done using mine today and samething. Got so hot I thought I needed to put gloves on. Maybe even a Samsung note part II. I have the gunmetal.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Maybe even a Samsung note part II
My note 7 is still fine... my battery lasts an easy 60 hours and never gets hot...
Best phone ever... pointless recall...
I'm sure no other manufacturers will make the same mistake of rushing into a mass recall..
Vauxhall Corsa's are caching fire in UK, they haven't been recalled...

Back on topic, has anyone tried adding some lemongrass to the flavour chamber, or anything else???

Ghii

Just got done using mine today and samething. Got so hot I thought I needed to put gloves on. Maybe even a Samsung note part II. I have the gunmetal.

Im glad we're not the only ones with this issue. Battery doesn't last through session and gets super hot, untouchable. I wonder if they will take returns on these defective units...

Ghii

@Ghii : battery was untouchable or just the device shell?

PS: what battery are you using btw? Stock one? How is it labeled?

The entire device was untouchable, our last session we used an pot holder (no pun intended) to hold the IQ. The battery is the same as stated above, a red NCR18650GA Sanyo 3500mah

ScottieC

Hi all, just got mine today, ordered Nov 18th. I'd really like to try it out because I waited so long to get it, but mine curiously didn't come with a flavor chamber. I checked all the boxes, vaporizer and the area I unboxed everything for what seemed like a million times but it just didn't come with it. Got everything else though. I'm currently trying to get one sent out to me (good luck, I know), but what I'm wondering is does anyone think I can use this thing without the flavor chamber?

An update to my missing flavor chamber situation.

Davinci completely pulled through and then some. They sent a free carrying case along with the flavor chamber which just arrived today! Awesome!

Thank you so much @Davinci_vaporizer !!

Top Bottom