tennstrong

Just regarding battery recommendations for the IQ- to quote battery mooch " If you are vaping at more than 10W-12W or so, around 3A, you will get more vaping time using 3000mAh VTC6's, 30Q's, or HG2's than you will using any of the 3100mAh-3500mAh batteries.

This is due to the very high internal resistance of these over-3000mAh batteries which causes a lot of voltage sag. This forces the mod to signal weak/low battery sooner than when using lower internal resistance batteries like the VTC6, 30Q, or HG2. Even at discharge current/power levels as low as 5A/17W." [edit: I'm guessing this discharges between 3-7amp]

Regarding the mod- mine shipped today!! Stoked for the titanium blue it seems fantastic, ordered a 14-10mm reducer too so I can attach it to more glass. I'll be using HG2s.

ar30laa

Yeah 2 dead IQ back to back really liked using it as well smh... Don't worry davinci, I already called to get my money back I don't need a 3 broke one to come in after I leave on vacation

ar30laa,
Reactions: BigJr48

abcdicted

@ar30laa , sorry to hear such bad experience with IQ, I just got my shipping notification from davinci IQ and praying that it gets here and works fine, could you tell us what happened with your 2 IQs?

cheers

abcdicted,

ar30laa

@ar30laa , sorry to hear such bad experience with IQ, I just got my shipping notification from davinci IQ and praying that it gets here and works fine, could you tell us what happened with your 2 IQs?

cheers

First one died within 3 weeks the oven stop clicking on and the 2nd died within the first hour they battery is fully charged but the IQ thinks it's dead

ar30laa,

abcdicted

@ar30laa oh man sorry to hear that , such bad luck, have you try a Hard Reset of the IQ , I dont know if that will fix it but you could give it try , I dont know how to do it exactly but @Davinci_vaporizer shoud be able to help or maybe someone here.

Last edited:
abcdicted,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
First one died within 3 weeks the oven stop clicking on and the 2nd died within the first hour they battery is fully charged but the IQ thinks it's dead
Do you have other batteries within spec at hand to check, if it's a bad battery and not the unit itself?

vapen00b,
Attempted to cancel my order two days ago... Still not showing as canceled nor have I had money returned. Or an e-mail. or anything.

That is upsetting.

nickvengance,

icedtea

Attempted to cancel my order two days ago... Still not showing as canceled nor have I had money returned. Or an e-mail. or anything.

That is upsetting.

I'm in the same situation. I ordered on the Nov 2nd, sent an email requesting a refund/cancel order on Nov 23rd. No response. I tried calling their customer service line. No answer. So I sent another email yesterday. If they don't respond soon, I might just have to go through my bank and do a chargeback or something similar.

icedtea,

mdma69

After the recent posts I'm really hesitant about ordering the IQ.
Support needs to know how to communicate with their costumers.

I've sent Davinci an email through their website about two weeks ago (2 separate questions) and have yet to receive response.

What will happend when I really need them if somethings goes wrong with the IQ?

kamut

I just ordered one of these last night. Been out of the vape market for a few years, still using original Vapir NO2, which I still like.

On the DaVinci site, they have the 10mm to 14mm zirconia "adaptor" and the clear "water adaptor." Does the zirconia adaptor attach to a separate water pipe and the water adaptor have its own reservoir of water? This seems to be what's going on, but I'm not used to this new fangled vape stuff. I could totally see throwing that clear thing on top if it has it's own water supply.

Richaye

Got mines from VapeWorld.

I noticed the chamber/oven doesn't fully close flush. If I place it standing on a table it slants. This isn't normal right?

nEpiKl7.jpg

Adobewan

Just received mine, will test ASAP.
It may have already been mentioned, but this may have the nicest shopping container of any vape I've gotten. I remember loving the Indica's shipping container, I think it was a little wooden crate.
But this came in a full blown wine box.
Way classy!
Fingers and chest hairs crossed that the performance matches the styling!

EDIT:
Happy to say, so far, a winner. Quick first impression on Setting 3, filled to the brim, and packed:
-Quick heat up time.
-GREAT flavor.
-Vapor starts quite cool and heats up with the draw.
-Unit never got too hot to hold.
-Surprisingly even extraction for the deep bowl. I didn't stir but you might get another draw or two with a stir.
-There's a bit of draw resistance, as opposed to say the Crafty, but I believe that's due to the tight pack. It was not a negative.
-Small and solid(easily palmed). As cool to hold in hand as expected, like the smaller Phaser on Classic Star Trek.
-Illuminated Digital readout is a neat touch.
-With a toothpick, the bowl was clear and clean in moments.

Beats my PAX 1, and will likely knock my Crafty out of it's place, as long as the battery lasts a bit.
This may sit on the shelf next to the Grasshopper as the current state of the art portable. It may in fact, beat it, due to it's cool design.
Just have to get to know it a bit more.

Last edited:

jdot23

I'm in the same situation. I ordered on the Nov 2nd, sent an email requesting a refund/cancel order on Nov 23rd. No response. I tried calling their customer service line. No answer. So I sent another email yesterday. If they don't respond soon, I might just have to go through my bank and do a chargeback or something similar.

only way to get in contact with davicini is through dm on ig. worst customer service i have ever experienced.

xlr8

only way to get in contact with davicini is through dm on ig. worst customer service i have ever experienced.

I confirm, they asked me for 52€ more for customs taxes at order; they kept it and finally didn't pay customs; so my package was opened and i have to pay taxes again or package is sent back...

What website do you mean by "IG", impossible to get in contact with them,they dont respond my support ticket...

Trulukkyphrank

Against some people here. I had very satisfying experience with the customer service here on FC PM, they respond very fast and solve problems fast.

@Richaye I ordered three devices from them and they had all a bit different shaped parts, especially the ''oven lid'' and upper part. Means some more space there and there or higher pitched vibration, all were different in some things, but the positive thing is, since two weeks are all three in use and all work really great.

xlr8

Against some people here. I had very satisfying experience with the customer service here on FC PM, they respond very fast and solve problems fast.

Didn't think of that, just send a PM on the forum asking a refund for those taxes

is it ok to plug in my iq to the wall using an apple iphone wall outlet and the davinci usb chord?

As long as the outlet is a usb one no problem, be it apple or pears :) the higher amps, the faster the charge, tablet outlet are usually better than those given with phones (2A)

xlr8,

nacho257

is it ok to plug in my iq to the wall using an apple iphone wall outlet and the davinci usb chord?
This is actually one of my favorite parts of this vape, I charge using my phone charger on my nightstand while I'm at work during the day.

It's a perfect bedside companion IMO. All I need is carrying canister full of ground goodness, IQ, and Abv pill bottle. You obviously need brush/cleaning supplies, but those few items will usually last me a week without it having to leave my bedside.

Anybody have issues with weird staining on the device? Found some on mine this morning, not sure what it could be from. Will edit with pics later today.

Top Bottom