1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

Yeah that article tells it like it is. Be careful with those unwrapped batteries though brother. They can short very easily and can be very dangerous exposed/unwrapped. Enjoy your tests.

2. Nostalgia1

Nostalgia1 Active Member

there are nothing wrong with samsung batteries lol

Trulukkyphrank likes this.
  3. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Guys it's going to be like Xmass, right when I get them I'm going to UNWRAP them I'll shoot a pic and let you know what piece of crap I ended up buying. After all I gave you guys so much bullshit about it I got to give you a good laugh back right? It's the only right thing to do.
    So guess what I found today on Davinci's site. Don't know if I've just been missing it in all the posts or if they just posted it lately but here it is:

[​IMG]
    http://www.davincivaporizer.com/support/#articleID=235827127

So after reading this how many of us are using the wrong battery?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
    Paka-cholo likes this.
  4. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a pair of Samsung 30Q's 3000mAH 15amps, I have gotten 3 10min sessions per charge and the unit maintains warm but not hot to the touch.

Paka-cholo likes this.
  5. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

The only thing that spec doesn't state is the Amps, now I know that by looking at my most recent IQ, that by the way just went to the Post Office today, is 10 Amps. And that is the original battery that came with the unit. So this is going to be my 5th IQ, do I get a prize? Has anyone of this board reached the magic 5 number? Maybe I should defect to the Grasshopper guys, and see how they are doing.

6. kiddvudu2

kiddvudu2 Member

I'm still on my first IQ, first set of batteries and happy as a lark. Nobody has commented on my battery posts but they are, in fact, 3500 mAh 10 amps.

Tacopusher2, Surf Monkey and BigJr48 like this.
  7. Glass004

Glass004 Consumer Advocate

I will soon be at #4 , but this will be the first unit that my technique didn't break. I killed the first three IQs by using glass shards in my mix that got packed through the oven wall (. Per DaVinci autopsy) This IQ has energy management issues requiring frequent battery swaps leading to a hyper depressed positive battery terminal, and a difficult to use sealing latch. I have successfully inserted a tool to reshape the positive brass terminal per @Davinci_vaporizer , but that fix is failing again and the energy management problems are a pain. I just hate not having my IQ again during an RMA. On the bright side, CS is hitting on all eight! I'll stick with the IQ for now, I'm still in love with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    Trulukkyphrank and BigJr48 like this.
  8. Donla94

Donla94 Member

I feel you man, I shipped mine back the 3rd of April and still waiting patiently, hopefully I'll have it in my hands before or on the 20th :D

Glass004 and BigJr48 like this.
  9. adam

adam Well-Known Member

10. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

BigJr48 likes this.
  11. adam

adam Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the problem no specs since it's meant to fit e cigs or whatever. It really looks like it's about the diameter of a female 10mm which would fit perfect who knows though. If a further extension to put the two together would be needed it would be way less cool and practical. How do we know if it will fit though!

12. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

You know if mine wasn't in for a RMA I could see myself pulling the trigger on it.
    So back to the Battery discussion. Anyone want to buy any batteries? LOL
    Since I have a drawer full that none of them are going to be fully compatible with with my IQ when I get it back. Oh wait a minute, that's what I can spend money on, new real batteries.

13. adam

adam Well-Known Member

When using the davinci external dual battery charger with stock batteries do the red lights turn green when they are fully charged i currently don't have the wall adaptor and i'm not sure if i can use an iPhone square so used my laptop it's been four hours with 2 batteries charging the lights are still red i took both batteries out and popped them in the iq to charge and they both say they are full. I'm a bit confused info from someone with the Davinci brand external charger would be greatly appreciated.

14. Nostalgia1

Nostalgia1 Active Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    ToxicVape likes this.
  15. ToxicVape

ToxicVape New Member

Wait I thought it was better to use a different battery such as LG HG2... Why are people acting like they need to throw batteries away if it is not 3500mah LOL

Nostalgia1 likes this.
  16. Nostalgia1

Nostalgia1 Active Member

seriously lol, 500 mah difference dont mean shit to me when this vape has replaceable batteries, ill just pop in a new battery i got like 5 extra batteries lol

BigJr48 likes this.
  17. BigJr48

@ToxicVape How hot does your unit get using a 20amp battery?

@Nostalgia1 500 mAH is not a big deal, is more the amperage of the battery. I've been using a 15 amp battery for a week and the IQ has ran much cooler with more sessions per charge.

Paka-cholo likes this.
  18. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Ok boys didn't mean to start a revolution! Got to say though I have a # of batteries that have performed, 2 of them you can't even tell what the heck they are. Still waiting for my re-wraps. Ordered 4 of Davinci's recommended ones from IMR last night. Ya I know what spend the money. This will just be my 5th unit, am I fucking tired. I want no more damn excuses. I want to get my unit, working and be happy, to much to ask?

Paka-cholo and BigJr48 like this.
  19. ToxicVape

ToxicVape New Member

Not sure, BCVapor is taking their sweet time shipping my order. One business day for order to ship is a lie. I ordered on Wednesday and no shipping email still... I will test when I get it.

20. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey Active Member

is there a reason why people arent just buying the battery from Davinci itself?

Reggie Watts likes this.
  21. BigJr48

Overpriced!!!

Glass004 and almost there like this.
  22. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

The same battery goes for $7 at IMR battery

23. BigJr48

Shipping is also a lot cheaper...

almost there and Glass004 like this.
  24. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

It's a Davinci corporate excuse now, from now on any power issues we have that will be the first thing they fall back on is "what battery are you using?"

Went with standard shipping, must be by damn horseback, still haven't received, my double special re-wraps yet.
    Exactly just about the same reason were trying to find everything else somewhere else, cheaper.

BigJr48 likes this.
  25. kiddvudu2

kiddvudu2 Member

$10 shipping.

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors