1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Zangano Cruel

Zangano Cruel Well-Known Member

Hola FC:
    Please...can someone describe with details and some video of usage and photos, of the herb funnel provided by DaVinci on the IQ box???
    Material, dimensions, color etc etc and else
    Sorry about this one, what would be the diameter of the bowl?? and bowl depth without extending the pearl??
    Thanks in advance...
    Stay vaped

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

There's a ton of sites doing a 420 discount today. I think I got a email from everyone but Davinci, LOL.

Hey Nineteen and BigJr48 like this.
  3. ToxicVape

ToxicVape New Member

Do NOT order from BCVapor. Their customer service is horrendous. They oversold the IQ and did not warn me/email me/put out of stock.

I placed an order last Wednesday the 12th and it processed early the 13th. I emailed them Friday since it had not shipped and they claim same day shipping. I emailed a few more times and they finally get back to me on Tuesday. They proceed to tell me the US stock was sold out blah blah so we will send from Canada. I expressed disappointment as I ordered in plenty of time for 420. They came back with saying I would definitely have it before 420 and we sent with express shipping.

Well here it is 420, no package, a non functional tracking number, and they are ignoring emails. Needless to say I will never order there again.

Also what shipping company has a prefix of CX######### and exactly that length. I have tried with every known tracking system on the internet and all say incorrect tracking number.

I like many use tracking to make sure we can have someone around when the expen$ive package arrives on the doorstep. Kinda important to give a working number.

BigJr48 likes this.
  4. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain but can you cancel payment???

ToxicVape likes this.
  5. ToxicVape

ToxicVape New Member

No clue, I am thinking about reporting as fraud as there is 0 evidence they sent my order. I was giving them a chance to tell me what the f$&# is going on but they ignore emails like no other company I have ever dealt with. This is beyond SKETCHY. I think I will strictly do US orders here on. One Canadian order and I get shafted.

BigJr48 likes this.
  6. BigJr48

I suggest cancelling payment and buying from a trustworthy vendor.

I.b.vaping likes this.
  7. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

@Zangano Cruel

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking for. It was harder than I thought to get accurate angles of the pics to measure the objects, and I didn't have a metric rule. On the second to last photo, my fingernail is where the bowl ends. Which looks like 7/8 inch. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    kiddvudu2, BigJr48 and Zangano Cruel like this.
  8. BigJr48

Bowl is 10mm wide.

Zangano Cruel likes this.
  9. dankly

dankly New Member

Do any of you guys know what the deal is with the bluetooth connection?
    It seems that the device is always listening despite being off. I'm concerned that the bluetooth module is draining the battery unnecessarily while being in a fake off mode.
    I connected the app once just to see what its all about but I haven't used it since. The functionality of the device itself is more than adequate in terms of control so I do not see a need for the app. Besides, as far as I can tell the smart paths reset when you remove the battery anyway.

I disconnected from the davinci via the app but the app still connects to the davinci when opened and switches on when you select a smart path.

I thought I read somewhere on this thread about this issue but I can't find it.

10. SOLOGreen

SOLOGreen Well-Known Member

Hi all!
    I've bought my DAVINCI IQ from 2 weeks. FANTASTIC
    I've noticed that you said in my unit too.

Any one have found a way to turn completely off the IQ without remove battery?
    There is a chance for a software update via app to resolve this issuse @Davinci_vaporizer ?

Anyway, i was an addicted user of Arizer Solo from 3 years and i'm really satisfied from his flavor and vapor cloud, but IMHO at this moment the IQ "Fights this battle without losing strokes" (common saying in Italy).
    IQ Is a Stealthy, the flavor is comparable to SOLO, but as @dankly said battery life is terrible becouse this fake turn off drain the battery unnecessarily. I can use it only 5 times/10 min before IQ completely die. it's so strange for a portable vaporizer.
    I know that i can change the battery when ever i want, but i hope that Davinci keeps updating the software by app if it is possible, Just to really TURN OFF the units.

Cheers

dankly and BigJr48 like this.
  11. dankly

dankly New Member

Yeah it would be good too, to be able to disable the bluetooth even if the device is on.

This is such a great vape that its almost too good for "trendy" apps.

12. SantoSkywalker

SantoSkywalker Member

Hey Guys, is the noise considered a defect or it is like the heat that is considered normal?

I would love the existence of the silicone sleeve, but even now the heat does not bother me, but this noise began a couple days ago and it is a little inconvenient.

Should I send it back, and try the warranty?

13. First_Time_Caller

First_Time_Caller New Member

Anyone else getting weird battery readings from their device after what I can only assume is a FULL Charge? I've been charging the battery using the device, I'd take it off of a full charge (When the lights aren't blinking and the battery display is all lit up), take it off, hit the plus/minus buttons at the same time to bring up battery life and get like half a battery reading.

I figured that was happening because the battery I've been using (Since I got this Vape in December) was prolly losing the charge like all batteries do eventually, so I broke out another battery, charged it up (In the IQ as well) and got the same thing. I've already ordered an standalone charger that shows you how much the battery is charged and the whole nine, but I'm starting to think that the device is giving weird battery readings, anyone else experience this?

Also, I've noticed that when I try and max out the device at 430...it doesn't STAY at 430 like it used to. IT constantly dips to 425, goes back up for a few then dips again. Held down the button for boost mode and instead of getting continuous arrows pointing up, it slips out, gives me a 422 - 428 reading, then goes back to boosting, only to slip back down again.

I feel like the problems are slowly creeping up on my IQ and it's unsettling because I'm not in America where I could ship it to get fixed or cop a refurb unit and I really don't want to order ANOTHER one and run the chance of getting all the problems alot of folk did with other models that weren't kosher.

The little crackling noise you hear if you put your ear up to the device?
    That's the circuitry doing it's thing, if I'm not mistaken, but yeah, that's supposed to be normal. Alot of folk when they reviewed this device when it came out remarked on that. I don't think it should be audible away from your ear, directly, but then again I always use this vape while listening to music, so if it is...I'm not hearing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
    BigJr48 and SantoSkywalker like this.
  14. SantoSkywalker

SantoSkywalker Member

It is something like that!
    Maybe in quiet room I can hear it away from the ear.

The readings are note 100% precise but in general they work fine to me, but I also heard in another forum the same issue related!

PS: Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
    First_Time_Caller and BigJr48 like this.
  15. Damper

Damper Member

Got my RMA last week. Got a new one because my pearl post ripped off.

First thing i recognized: the mouthpiece is very wiggly compared to my first IQ. After a closer look i saw that the hinge of the top lid sits too high so the lid does not close properly. There is a little gap on the side of the hinge maybe .5mm
    Now I am getting a new one...hopefully a good one...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    BigJr48 likes this.
  16. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

I've already returned a device because of this. Don't know how many pages back. Don't know what kind of phone you have I have a iPhone. Was looking one day at my Settings/Battery Usage the IQ was sucking the life out of my iPhone Battery, 47%. Won't mention the vendor but I actually don't do business with them anymore just because of this. Watch your step on this one. If you purchased 3rd party they will tell you there is no way for them to test the unit. I guess they don't have phones'
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-davinci-iq.22792/page-84

dankly and BigJr48 like this.
  17. dankly

dankly New Member

nice1. thanks microman. i got my through namastevapes so i will write them an email today. ive already returned a guru i bought through them because it broke after 2 days so hopefully they do the same...it took over 2 weeks but we got there in the end.

18. SOLOGreen

BigJr48 likes this.
  19. BigJr48

SOLOGreen likes this.
  20. SOLOGreen

BigJr48 likes this.
  21. BigJr48

22. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Ok were the hell have I been, what the heck is this thing?
    You can always just bring the cover to the Flavor Chamber in to your local Hardware Store. They won't know what the hell it's for, LOL.

BigJr48 likes this.
  23. SOLOGreen

Fiiting bad!
    fortunatly 10 for 0,31cent

I'will buy the original one from davinci store or on Vaposhop.com when it's Available....

UPDATE:

Fortunately, it seems that the ring serves only to keep the flavor chamber closed. Now even if it is broken, wrapping it around the cap and it perfectly closes the flavor chamber.
    I wrote to @Davinci_vaporizer and I hope they replace it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
    Trulukkyphrank and BigJr48 like this.
  24. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

First_Time_Caller likes this.
  25. cobra505

cobra505 Defined

Here we go, now we can start on the o-rings. an o rings an o ring an o ring isn't it?
    The reason I mention it because that's what I did with mine. Rinsed mine original in ISO by mistake, went to HomeDepot, got a few, no problem.

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors