almost there

@MicroMan
Much like u I clean out the oven with an ISO pad everyday bc I want to maintain that pristine new look. I use my spacer the prescribed way, under the pearl bc I hate how the material sticks to the pearl after a session. I've never tried reversing the order too to avoid particles clogging up the holes of the spacers.

cobra505

Defined
Much like u I clean out the oven with an ISO pad everyday bc I want to maintain that pristine new look. I use my spacer the prescribed way, under the pearl bc I hate how the material sticks to the pearl after a session. I've never tried reversing the order too to avoid particles clogging up the holes of the spacers.
I was amazed one way when taking a Q-Tip after about 4 sessions with some ISO and a little twisting effect how black the damn thing came out. Ended up using 2 Q-Tips. Now I do it every 2 sessions. It's worth it. End of the week @ full cleaning time makes a hell of a difference. I do the same thing for the Flavor Chamber end.

What amperage are your batteries? The IQ require a battery of 10amps, many have tried a higher amperage battery and have found results.
Probably every crappy one out there. After the above posts I've realized I only have a few good one's out of the 6 I have. I'm putty the battery thing to rest. I have way to many batteries always charged to be worried about it anyways. Plus one of the other members put a link up that I'm going to check out and maybe spend a few bucks and buy some decent ones just to have a few to compare to and have a few brand new ones.

tomer

Probably every crappy one out there. After the above posts I've realized I only have a few good one's out of the 6 I have. I'm putty the battery thing to rest. I have way to many batteries always charged to be worried about it anyways. Plus one of the other members put a link up that I'm going to check out and maybe spend a few bucks and buy some decent ones just to have a few to compare to and have a few brand new ones.

I just got LG HG2, seems good so far
http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-sn-149999301.htm

kiddvudu2

I posted a lengthy thread on March 15 which included these batteries and charger which have been flawless for me:
https://www.amazon.com/Foxnovo-4-Slots-Battery-Charger-Li-ion/dp/B00OCCNBOE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CHQ75AW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The charger will stop charging when a cell reaches full. It also has a capacity function which allows u to determine how many mAh each battery has.

The batteries come with plastic carry cases which hold 2 Batts or a single batt and the IQ cleaning brush, a nail, and a paper clip (see my post from 3/15).

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: tomer

cobra505

Defined
Does anyone use a screen at the bottom of the chamber, ot a spacer from Davinci but a stainless steel screen or a glass screen?

I've been asking this question for 2 pages now and know one has been answering me. I've been thinking about buying a few of the glass spacers and using one of them as a screen. I just think that a regular stainless screen after getting dirty it might be hard to get out. might not have the same problem with the glass spacers. The also sell glass screens on amazon that are used for glass bowls, cheep, you can get a 100 of them from Amazon for 10 bucks.

glass_screens.jpg

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

I've been asking this question for 2 pages now and know one has been answering me. I've been thinking about buying a few of the glass spacers and using one of them as a screen. I just think that a regular stainless screen after getting dirty it might be hard to get out. might not have the same problem with the glass spacers. The also sell glass screens on amazon that are used for glass bowls, cheep, you can get a 100 of them from Amazon for 10 bucks.

glass_screens.jpg
I've been using the screens from my Flowermate V5.0S it's a perfect fit, maintains the chamber clean and doesn't affect the flavor of the flower.

BigJr48,

exime

For those that don't have a spacer yet you can just mix in vaped herbs with your new herbs and that will take up some space.

exime,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
The Odin stainless steel spacers that they sell at puffitup are suppose to fit the IQ and they are half the price. I went with the glass bc it's from Davinci so I thought it would be better quality and better suited for the IQ. i certainly wasn't expecting that they would be so flimsy and fragile, my sticky brick jr has glass stems that u can drop from the height of your head and it'll survive. It cost $12 for a shatterproof glass stem that's 10x the size and weight from Sticky Brick Labs, DaVinci is charging $10 for 2 little glass cylinders. My spacers arrived chipped, DaVinci was good enough to replace it when I reached out. Unfortunately the replacements came chipped too, either the glass isn't cut well or they aren't sturdy enough to survive the delivery process undamaged.

Mine were pretty frageelay as well. I lost the second spacer the bigger one. It sucks because the little spacer is the perfect size for me. Well not anymore though this device has upped my tolerance haha. Thanks for the info about the Odin spacers Davinici needs to go stainless! Or the same material as the flavor chamber and pearl.

For the people with battery bugs. My stock NCR would make the battery alarm flash on the second 10 minute session. The higher amp LG HG2's lasted longer and didn't alarm until the third session. I have the Samsung 25r's as well and they both work a lot better than the stock battery. They seem to run slightly cooler as well(with both brand of higher amp batteries). The Sony VTC6 looks like another great battery. I need to get some to compare! Stay away from the rewraps! I didn't understand what that meant until I got them.

Paka-cholo,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Mine were pretty frageelay as well. I lost the second spacer the bigger one. It sucks because the little spacer is the perfect size for me. Well not anymore though this device has upped my tolerance haha. Thanks for the info about the Odin spacers Davinici needs to go stainless! Or the same material as the flavor chamber and pearl.

For the people with battery bugs. My stock NCR would make the battery alarm flash on the second 10 minute session. The higher amp LG HG2's lasted longer and didn't alarm until the third session. I have the Samsung 25r's as well and they both work a lot better than the stock battery. They seem to run slightly cooler as well(with both brand of higher amp batteries). The Sony VTC6 looks like another great battery. I need to get some to compare! Stay away from the rewraps! I didn't understand what that meant until I got them.
I totally agree, the LG HG2's and Samsung 25R's have solved most battery issues, @Davinci_vaporizer should take this into consideration and provide higher amperage batteries to eliminate further RMA's.

BigJr48,

Donla94

So I had a random question, during a session, about 5 mins in or so, I opened the bottom to drop the glass spacer into the oven. I was curious to see if it would tighten the semi-vaped herb at the bottom of the chamber to make the end of session just as good in terms of vapor production. After doing this, I was surprised at how big the vapor clouds I was getting at the end of the session.

Do any of you do this as well or advise against it? Would be interested in hearing others opinions.

Last edited:

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
So I had a random question, during a session, about 5 mins in or so, I opened the bottom to drop the glass spacer into the oven. I was curious to see if it would tighten the semi-vaped herb at the bottom of the chamber to make the end of session just as good in terms of vapor production. After doing this, I was surprised at how big the vapor clouds I was getting at the end of the session.

Do any of you do this as well or advise against it? Would be interested in hearing others opinions.

It seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Then if the spacer is cold, and it's dumped into an oven that's hot a/f then maybe it can crack.
Good question.

Paka-cholo,

cobra505

Defined
For those that don't have a spacer yet you can just mix in vaped herbs with your new herbs and that will take up some space.
Don't think I'll be doing that.

I'm not really looking for something to take up space, I was really happy with the chamber size when Davinci came out with this unit, I'm more looking for something that will help keep the bottom of the chamber clean without the normal metal mesh type screen. After a few sessions they will get clogged with resin and be a pain to get out. Were as the glass spacers by Davinci, or the ones I posted above are easily removed. Especially the ones above, because of their shape you can easily get in there with a pair of tweezers and pull them out. Also there cheep. You can get a 200 of these things for 10 bucks from Amazon. Now mind you, I'm talking about using these things as sort of a screen in this application, not as a spacer.

The Odin stainless steel spacers that they sell at puffitup are suppose to fit the IQ and they are half the price.
Figures, just went on PuffitUp's site, their out of stock, you must of sent everyone running, LOL.
Here's something I found on Reddit, a link to PuffitUP!
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5qujtq/davinci_iq_owners_get_the_odin_half_pack_mod/
http://www.puffitup.com/Odin-Vaporizer-Half-Pack-Adapters-p/bond.odin-104_half-2pk.htm

cobra505,

Bobbobcat

I've used this forum for the past month to assist in my purchase of a quality vaporizer. I bought the IQ at a head shop near me. Immediately it didn't work as it should. It would constantly show as charging even though it wasn't. He tested it out with a new battery and it did it for him too, so he swapped it out. Great customer service!! Especially after reading about the problems experienced with others with Davinci's CS in the past. The new one worked perfectly for the past week, until today. It constantly vibrates now, out of no where. It was turned off for over an hour. The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. And wait! Then I can turn it on, so I reset it. It seems to work, it fluctuates the oven heating, so not right now! I've tried resetting it twice. It works almost normal for a half session and then the heater starts circulating up and down. I've tried my other batteries that have worked all week. I'm disappointed. I liked it when it works! I hope they will send me out a new one tomorrow before receiving the new one. After spending almost $300, it should work perfectly for years, not crap out after a week!

exime

Don't think I'll be doing that.

I'm not really looking for something to take up space, I was really happy with the chamber size when Davinci came out with this unit, I'm more looking for something that will help keep the bottom of the chamber clean without the normal metal mesh type screen. After a few sessions they will get clogged with resin and be a pain to get out. Were as the glass spacers by Davinci, or the ones I posted above are easily removed. Especially the ones above, because of their shape you can easily get in there with a pair of tweezers and pull them out. Also there cheep. You can get a 200 of these things for 10 bucks from Amazon. Now mind you, I'm talking about using these things as sort of a screen in this application, not as a spacer.

You could try those little ceramic honey combs that are the size of a small button at any head shop for 50 cents each. Won't block as well as a screen but provides a little buffer for cheap.

exime,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
[/URL]

It worked!

Cleaning day

I'm also practicing how to post a picture. I'm not sure I did it right :)

Paka-cholo,

Donla94

It seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Then if the spacer is cold, and it's dumped into an oven that's hot a/f then maybe it can crack.
Good question.

That's what I was thinking earlier, if the spacer is super cold going into 380-430 then it's probably not the greatest idea. After the session, I looked closely at it and didn't see any cracks which was a relief. I haven't done it since because it hit me that the heat transfer is pretty extensive.

cobra505

Defined
The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. And wait! Then I can turn it on, so I reset it. It seems to work, it fluctuates the oven heating, so not right now! I've tried resetting it twice. It works almost normal for a half session and then the heater starts circulating up and down. I've tried my other batteries that have worked all week.
I know this is a real shot in the dark here but because of my geek background do you have the app on your phone for the IQ? If so, humor me, pull the battery from the IQ, delete the app, and put the battery back in the IQ. Just for shits & giggles. I've been on this little rant about the app communicating with the IQ randomly. Only when we were talking about it before it was more to do with battery issues.

almost there

glass_screens.jpg
Double check with @Glass004 before u use these, I think these might be the glass filters he was using that was causing all his repeat RMA's. U can just check earlier posts, these look familiar

Bobbobcat

I know this is a real shot in the dark here but because of my geek background do you have the app on your phone for the IQ? If so, humor me, pull the battery from the IQ, delete the app, and put the battery back in the IQ. Just for shits & giggles. I've been on this little rant about the app communicating with the IQ randomly. Only when we were talking about it before it was more to do with battery issues.

I deleted the app, took out the battery, put it back in, and as soon as I closed the lid, it began constantly vibrating again. Thanks for your help though.

Top Bottom